Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was (50961 Views)

Charly Boy Wishes Buhari A Happy 76th Birthday. See How (Photos) / Charly Boy Mocks Rochas Okorocha: 'No Go Hang Yourself' / Charly Boy Joins Shiites' Protest In Abuja(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by aswani(m): 11:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

Do you sincerely believe that Norway or Sweden can grant an international award to an individual after receiving a letter from either the Embassy of the United States, Britian or France demanding the cancelation of the award.

The Government of these world powers do not have time for such frivolities but they have departments in their embassies that take care of such issues.

Uncle MikeofAfrica,

Norway or Sweden are not like African countries that have to go to US, Britain or France for handouts and debt rescheduling.

These are independent non aligned countries that were neutral during the war and you think some Embassy staff will be able to demand to have a say in who the non governmental Alfred Nobel Foundation give their awards to.

Anyway, believe what conspiracy theory you want.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Gajagojo: 11:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

You have to run around before going to bed because you behaved like a kid by throwing insults at me when you realised that I have a superior argument.

Hence remember to run around your bedroom before sleeping tonight. It will make you feel better tomorrow.

In my experience people who are compelled to boast do so because they feel inadequate
All your bluster does not fool anyone

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Gajagojo: 12:57am On Apr 10, 2023
Ojukwubucket:

The Igbo have always dusted you in everything despite all the advantages you have over them.
You first had contact with the whites long before Igbos did..
You have had Lagos as the capital of Nigeria which attracted both government and private investments..No Igbo state have ever had that..
Igbos fought the civil war and lost everything, literally starting from the scratch..
Lagos today is the center of commerce and investment which have attracted both locals and foreigners. You enjoy indigenous consideration first in employment before any others which allows you guys to occupy top posts in almost all companies.
You have had both military and civilian presidents for mores years than the Igbos..
But in all these advantages and luck you have had, the Igbos have gone toe to toe with you guys more than any other tribe in Nigeria. Reason why you hate and envy us so much..

On a level playing ground, u know the Igbo will dust your asz hands down..
I say this with all confidence

We did not need contact with the white to become civilised

That is at the core of your psychology
Inferiority complex and that is why you boast so much to compensate for the feelings of inadequacy.
At any rate where is the evidence?

Always boasting emptily. .

Achebe simply was not good enough for a Nobel prize.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Karnice600: 12:57am On Apr 10, 2023
Hedonini:
Of course. I lost respect for the old fool the moment I discerned that he was just another rodent in Tinubu's cookie room. The idiot whose voice of condemnation was very loud against the Jonathan administration somehow retreated into his shell and became deaf and dumb throughout Buhari's disastrous 8 years of sorrow.

Now after a sham election has supposedly produced a bloody thief and drug baron as president, the useless Soyinka has found his voice again, not in condemnation of the election or of the disreputable criminal that was dubiously pronounced winner, but against the people yearning for a change. Obedients are repugnant fascists and he is ready to do a debate with Datti, but he conveniently has nothing to say about INEC, Tinubu, and the APC. This is the final straw.

The man has become a circus clown
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by orisa37: 1:52am On Apr 10, 2023
WEREY.
HOW CAN YOU COMPARE A MAN WHO WILL SOON BE 88 AND ALIVE AND STILL HOPEFUL WITH ANOTHER WHO IS LONG MORIBUND?
U SHOULD BE SENT TO DAURA PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Ojukwubucket(m): 5:37am On Apr 10, 2023
Gajagojo:

We did not need contact with the white to become civilised

That is at the core of your psychology
Inferiority complex and that is why you boast so much to compensate for the feelings of inadequacy.
At any rate where is the evidence?

Always boasting emptily. .

Achebe simply was not good enough for a Nobel prize.
I bet you Achebe and his masterpieces are globally known more than Soyinka..
Inferiority complex u say?
But almost every gadgets in ur house including the one u foolishly use in typing ur Bigotic and hate filled texts against Igbos were all made by the whites.
Even today Igbos are a more travelled and a civilized tribe than your loud and ritual believing tribesmen.
I repeat, put us on a level playing ground and we will dust you over and over..no be mouth..
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Wilson500: 5:44am On Apr 10, 2023
aswani:

Uncle MikeofAfrica,

Norway or Sweden are not like African countries that have to go to US, Britain or France for handouts and debt rescheduling.

These are independent non aligned countries that were neutral during the war and you think some Embassy staff will be able to demand to have a say in who the non governmental Alfred Nobel Foundation give their awards to.

Your inferiority complex stinks
Stop glorifying the whites as saints
They are as corrupt as any other race
Politics has bastardized the Nobel prize
All European nations are ass-lickers to the US including your glorified Norway and Sweden cool
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Ojukwubucket(m): 5:46am On Apr 10, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
Are you sure or you are just chest-beating...the only sector your people dominate use to be Nollywood now Asaba movie can't even compete in this era of Cinema and Streaming movie.

Yeye dey smell!
When you have achievements, u talk about them. But envious people will call it chest beating .
If ur tribesmen have gone through half of all those things I mentioned Igbos went through..
I bet you, you will have even more beggers from ur tribesmen all over the streets of Lagos and more ritual and skull miners preying on your relatives.
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by aswani(m): 7:41am On Apr 10, 2023
Wilson500:

All European nations are ass-lickers to the US including your glorified Norway and Sweden cool

Wilson500, you need to focus on what is being discussed and try and address the points rather than making wild pronouncements.

For example, your allegation that European nations, peoples and organisations can be corrupt is not something I have denied.

The fact that the US can stop Chinua Achebe from getting the Nobel literature prize, Achebe lived the latter part of his years in the same US, is what is being discussed.

By the way, if all European countries bow down to the US as you said, how is it that only the UK consistently votes along with the US in the UN when it comes to pro Israeli resolutions?
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Uniquewise: 8:30am On Apr 10, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Really? shocked

Of the Supreme Court? 😯

@that Era of Meritocracy? 😏

Not a Buhari's Useless APC Era that gave dimwit Festus Keyamo SANship. sad

This one is both ignorant and clueless.
See bitter and incoherent droppings; chai, envy and bitterness dey make people lose guard like this?
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by MikeofAfrica: 9:25am On Apr 10, 2023
Wilson500:

Thank you for talking sense to our brothers that believe that the White men are Angels that are not corrupt.

That is the inferiority complex that the Western nations are taking advantage of to manipulate us.
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by MikeofAfrica: 9:37am On Apr 10, 2023
aswani:

Uncle MikeofAfrica,

Are you talking about the same Norway and Sweden that are presently lobbying America to accept them into NATO.

The only two nations on Earth that can argue with the United States on any issue are Russia and China.

That is why some African nations like South Africa are aligning with Russia and China because that is the only way they can withstand the manipulations of the United States.

No author who criticize the United States and her allies particularly Britian and France has won the Nobel Prize because the organizers of the award are their puppets.

A French woman, Annie Ernaux recently won the award for writing her autobiography. Can you imagine that?

An award reserve for icon that has cover the different genres of literature like poetry, novel, play and drama given to an autobiographer with no single literature book to her name.

That is the award you are regarding as immaculate because Soyinka won it.
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by aswani(m): 10:08am On Apr 10, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

Are you talking about the same Norway and Sweden that are presently lobbying America to accept them into NATO.

The only two nations on Earth that can argue with the United States on any issue are Russia and China.

That is why some African nations like South Africa are aligning with Russia and China because that is the only way they can withstand the manipulations of the United States.

No author who criticize the United States and her allies particularly Britian and France has won the Nobel Prize because the organizers of the award are their puppets.

A French woman, Annie Ernaux recently won the award for writing her autobiography. Can you imagine that?

An award reserve for icon that has cover the different genres of literature like poetry, novel, play and drama given to an autobiographer with no single literature book to her name.

That is the award you are regarding as immaculate because Soyinka won it.

So much to say, so little time to say it.

If the US hated Prof Achebe so much, why was he allowed to spend the latter part of his years in that very country?

I have not mentioned Prof Soyinka in any of my posts because he is nothing to do with what part of your initial post I challenged.

Norway and Sweden, countrries seeking entry to NATO, are different from The Alfred Nobel foundation, an organisation that gives people awards and money using the wealth left behind by Alfred Nobel.

Happy to discuss lots of things, but at least let's sort out the one on ground first.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by MSGAMBLE9: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2023
Ojukwubucket:

When you have achievements, u talk about them. But envious people will call it chest beating .
If ur tribesmen have gone through half of all those things I mentioned Igbos went through..
I bet you, you will have even more beggers from ur tribesmen all over the streets of Lagos and more ritual and skull miners preying on your relatives.
Stop chest-beating, just tell me one economic sector your people are dominating..is it Communications, Logistics, Real estate, Entertainment, Freighting, Transportation, Agriculture ? or baby factory and drug trafficking (which they failed woefully at by always getting caught).

Or you think life start and end with buying and selling in small cubicle shop.

Internally Displaced Tribe awon economic refugees feeling funky!

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Ojukwubucket(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
Stop chest-beating, just tell me one economic sector your people are dominating..is it Communications, Logistics, Real estate, Entertainment, Freighting, Transportation, Agriculture ? or baby factory and drug trafficking (which they failed woefully at by always getting caught).

Or you think life start and end with buying and selling in small cubicle shop.

Internally Displaced Tribe awon economic refugees feeling funky!
Ok Mumu hater..we r dominating the commerce, freighting, transportation, logistics,
Education, sports, literature without government backing..
You are dominating music not entertainment, rituals, thugery, educational infrastructure not the brain, even though you have your almighty Lagos and govt to thank for most of your achievements..
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by MSGAMBLE9: 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
Ojukwubucket:

Ok Mumu hater..we r dominating the commerce, freighting, transportation, logistics,
Education, sports, literature without government backing..
You are dominating music not entertainment, rituals, thugery, educational infrastructure not the brain, even though you have your almighty Lagos and govt to thank for most of your achievements..
please give me names of the companies that are dominatming your so-called commerce, Freighting, Transportation Logistics I beg...I wan check something

You people think commerce end with buying and selling... Freighting, the ships that import containers and container owner are they Igbo? buh the sellers in small cubicle shop and traffic are.

If your people are dominate in the aforementioned sector they won't be screaming of eastern sea port or better still Marginalization.

Same people that want sea-port in Anambra say they are dominating Education... the irony is just too glaring. Illiterate people without simple knowledge of geography dominating Education? haaaaa...!

Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by web5000: 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

You are the one who feels intimidated by my comments hence reacted by calling me names even when I never insulted you.

Hence to worsen your situation, I decided to tell you a little about myself.

The man you are defending , Professor Soyinka, knows me very well. Unfortunately, I never met Chinua Achebe before his death.

I confided in you that the Nobel Prize in literature is not a yardstick for knowing the best authors because iconic writers that wrote against apartheid and colonialism in Africa and Asia were denied the award. Iconic writers from Russia were also denied the award.

Hence as Africans, we should not underate any iconic author that did not win the Nobel Prize because he/ she wrote against the Western powers that colonized Africa. That is why the association of African writers crowned Achebe the father of African literature after he was denied the Nobel prize.

If you analyze my comments and yours, you will agree with me that you are actually the one suffering from the inferiority complex that you accused me. You believe any award from the white man is immaculate while those from Africa are inferior.

Mainwhile, the last winner of the Nobel Prize in literature is Mrs. Annie Ernaux. She has no popular novel, poetry,play or drama book. She was awarded the award for writing her autobiography.

Unless you are naive, you should know that the French government brought the award for her.

That is the award you are singing about as immaculate because our own Soyinka won it in 1986. If you have the money and connections, you can win the next Nobel Prize in literature. If you can't write your autobiography, someone will do it for you.

Hence go to sleep and stop disturbing me with your inferiority complex.

The same western powers that gave Achebe other awards.
They supported his first book to be successful
But the award he can't win, you change the narrative.
#Hypocrites#

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by MikeofAfrica: 10:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
web5000:

The same western powers that gave Achebe other awards.
They supported his first book to be successful
But the award he can't win, you change the narrative.
#Hypocrites#

As long as I am concern, all the awards given to Soyinka and Achebe are fraud.

If James Joyce, the greatest English writer of his era fails to win the Nobel Prize in literature because he spoke against the British monarch, then literary awards has long lost its value.

Hence compare the popularity of Achebe's books and Soyinka's book here in Nigeria and other African nations.

In Ghana today, because of the free fall of their economy, the popular saying in the nation is that " Ghana has turn to Umuofia" . Inotherword, Things has fallen Apart in Ghana.

Hence Achebe's book is now a local African proverb. The same scenario is playing out in Kenya where his book " A man of the People" is very popular to the extent that the Kenyan Government has to pass a law to prevent Chinua Achebe books from dominating the literature of the nation.

In all these African nations, none of Soyinka's book rings a bell. His most popular book, The trial of Brother Jero, is not a hotcake in the literary sector.

Hence the Western nations can not stop a good product from selling itself in their territory. The best they can do is frustrate the author, Chinua Achebe, from getting the biggest award in literature while compensating him with other smaller awards to hide their motive.
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by MikeofAfrica: 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
aswani:

So much to say, so little time to say it.

If the US hated Prof Achebe so much, why was he allowed to spend the latter part of his years in that very country?

I have not mentioned Prof Soyinka in any of my posts because he is nothing to do with what part of your initial post I challenged.

Norway and Sweden, countrries seeking entry to NATO, are different from The Alfred Nobel foundation, an organisation that gives people awards and money using the wealth left behind by Alfred Nobel.

Happy to discuss lots of things, but at least let's sort out the one on ground first.

The problem is that people like you attaches emotions to sensitive issues. However there is nothing like emotions in the diplomatic world.

In 1990, Obasanjo was nominated by the African Union to be the Secretary General of the United Nations after it was zoned to Africa. He was highly favoured to grab the seat until the eleventh hour.

Britian struck and denied him the position. Their reason was that Obasanjo had the gut to condemn the actrocities they were committing in South Africa.

However that Situation did not stopped Obasanjo from been a good friend of the British government. I could remember that the Commonwealth meeting was held in Abuja during his regime and was honoured by both the the late Queen, her husband and the British Prime minister.

Hence the fact that the same Britian stopped Achebe from winning the Nobel Prize does not mean that they hated him. It also does not mean that their ally, America hated him.

It was a way of registering their displeasure about what he wrote about them. They might even like Achebe more than Soyinka hence wanted to use Soyinka to make Achebe get jealous.

If that is achieve, then Achebe will get closer to them and also become their puppet who will not have the gut to criticize them again.

That is how international politics is played.
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by aswani(m): 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

The problem is that people like you attaches emotions to sensitive issues. However there is nothing like emotions in the diplomatic world.

In 1990, Obasanjo was nominated by the African Union to be the Secretary General of the United Nations after it was zoned to Africa. He was highly favoured to grab the seat until the eleventh hour.

Britian struck and denied him the position. Their reason was that Obasanjo had the gut to condemn the actrocities they were committing in South Africa.

However that Situation did not stopped Obasanjo from been a good friend of the British government. I could remember that the Commonwealth meeting was held in Abuja during his regime and was honoured by both the the late Queen, her husband and the British Prime minister.

Hence the fact that the same Britian stopped Achebe from winning the Nobel Prize does not mean that they hated him. It also does not mean that their ally, America hated him.

It was a way of registering their displeasure about what he wrote about them. They might even like Achebe more than Soyinka hence wanted to use Soyinka to make Achebe get jealous.

If that is achieve, then Achebe will get closer to them and also become their puppet who will not have the gut to criticize them again.

That is how international politics is played.

"the fact that the same Britian stopped Achebe from winning the Nobel Prize"

MikeofAfrica, I salute your imagination.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by web5000: 3:15am On Apr 11, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

As long as I am concern, all the awards given to Soyinka and Achebe are fraud.

If James Joyce, the greatest English writer of his era fails to win the Nobel Prize in literature because he spoke against the British monarch, then literary awards has long lost its value.

Hence compare the popularity of Achebe's books and Soyinka's book here in Nigeria and other African nations.

In Ghana today, because of the free fall of their economy, the popular saying in the nation is that " Ghana has turn to Umuofia" . Inotherword, Things has fallen Apart in Ghana.

Hence Achebe's book is now a local African proverb. The same scenario is playing out in Kenya where his book " A man of the People" is very popular to the extent that the Kenyan Government has to pass a law to prevent Chinua Achebe books from dominating the literature of the nation.

In all these African nations, none of Soyinka's book rings a bell. His most popular book, The trial of Brother Jero, is not a hotcake in the literary sector.

Hence the Western nations can not stop a good product from selling itself in their territory. The best they can do is frustrate the author, Chinua Achebe, from getting the biggest award in literature while compensating him with other smaller awards to hide their motive.

If they(western powers) had not helped him from the beginning, no one would even know Achebe in the first place.
They made his book successful (as far as you are concerned this should be fraud too).
The reason his book is used in other African nations that way is because it was one of the first( it was still the western influence that helped him)

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by web5000: 3:22am On Apr 11, 2023
Yes Prof. Wole Soyinka can never be a bitter, tribalistic and bias man

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Ojukwubucket(m): 6:52am On Apr 11, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
please give me names of the companies that are dominatming your so-called commerce, Freighting, Transportation Logistics I beg...I wan check something

You people think commerce end with buying and selling... Freighting, the ships that import containers and container owner are they Igbo? buh the sellers in small cubicle shop and traffic are.

If your people are dominate in the aforementioned sector they won't be screaming of eastern sea port or better still Marginalization.

Same people that want sea-port in Anambra say they are dominating Education... the irony is just too glaring. Illiterate people without simple knowledge of geography dominating Education? haaaaa...!

Yeye dey smell.
It's obvious you are just ignorant and an ardent Igbo hater..
I should mention the companies for you so that you will still be bantering childishly and naively..
Go and do the research yourself..
But bottom line is..
If your tribe have gone through half of what Igbos have gone through and have had the advantages you guys have been having since the amalgamation, the number of beggers, thugs, illiterates in your region would have ravaged your region.
Put an Igbo and your people in a level playing ground, we will dust your asz...
Una no reach and you know it...so get lost ..
Go and argue with less gifted people like you
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by MikeofAfrica: 8:21am On Apr 11, 2023
web5000:

If they(western powers) had not helped him from the beginning, no one would even know Achebe in the first place.
They made his book successful (as far as you are concerned this should be fraud too).
The reason his book is used in other African nations that way is because it was one of the first( it was still the western influence that helped him)

So it was the Western nations that made Achebe books to be more popular than Soyinka books here in Nigeria and even in Yoruba land.

Why must you people glorify the Western nations as if they are gods. I will not be surprised if you next claim that it was the Western author that wrote Things fall Apart and dashed Achebe the book.

That is the inferiority complex that is holding us back. Africa have come of age.

Let's forget the Western nations and celebrate our owns. Both Achebe and Soyinka are icons in literature. Achebe focused on novels and poetry and in the process wrote a masterclass , Things fall t, that has been translated into over 50 languages.

He wrote the book at the age of 26 and published it at 28. That is unbelievable. To make the story more interesting, Achebe was a medical student when he started writing his books. It was when he discovered his talent and love for writing that he switched to literature.

Hence Achebe and Soyinka are two different kind of authors. Achebe is a naturally talented writer while Soyinka is a product of literary studies . This made Soyinka to be able to cover more genres of literature than Achebe because he is more grounded in literature while Achebe is more talented.
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by orisa37: 8:49am On Apr 11, 2023
SOYINKA IS ODU-DU-IWA A LIFE PEACE BOND.
NO CHANCE FOR CHINU ACHEBE IN HIM.
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by HayB100(m): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
no mind am. Let him be comparing Soyinka with Okuta
Oloun seh 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by MSGAMBLE9: 9:23am On Apr 11, 2023
Ojukwubucket:

It's obvious you are just ignorant and an ardent Igbo hater..
I should mention the companies for you so that you will still be bantering childishly and naively..
Go and do the research yourself..
But bottom line is..
If your tribe have gone through half of what Igbos have gone through and have had the advantages you guys have been having since the amalgamation, the number of beggers, thugs, illiterates in your region would have ravaged your region.
Put an Igbo and your people in a level playing ground, we will dust your asz...
Una no reach and you know it...so get lost ..
Go and argue with less gifted people like you
what IBO people went through is caused Azikwe duplicity(betrayed Awolowo by doing dirty deals with Northerner's to become president and on indivisibility of Nigeria) and Ojukwu ego, greediness and cowardice (why covet Lagos by siezing Edo and attacking Ore when you already have your Biafra comfortably)...so don't blame anybody for your people misfortune buh your dubious Leaders for making una economic refugees in Nigeria.

Most of your kinmens hawk in traffic or doing nwa boy-boy and we know beggars cant be chooser...even Nollywood your people stable, they are slowly been driven out cos they cant compete in Cinema and Streaming age.

I tell you to mention companies owned by IBO in Freighting bcoz have worked in Apapa with Barnaly fishing company...I Know as e dey go. Most electronics container import are by Yoruba investors ( politicians, Chieftains and shadowy white people) buh the sellers in market are your people..dozens of people sharing each container.

I don't hate Ibo people, buh chest-beating won't help you guys...there are many Yoruba farm owners in Edo state buh they will never be disrespectful or call Edo Land no Man's land.

Peace bro.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Ojukwubucket(m): 10:40am On Apr 11, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
what IBO people went through is caused Azikwe duplicity(betrayed Awolowo by doing dirty deals with Northerner's to become president and on indivisibility of Nigeria) and Ojukwu ego, greediness and cowardice (why covet Lagos by siezing Edo and attacking Ore when you already have your Biafra comfortably)...so don't blame anybody for your people misfortune buh your dubious Leaders for making una economic refugees in Nigeria.

Most of your kinmens hawk in traffic or doing nwa boy-boy and we know beggars cant be chooser...even Nollywood your people stable, they are slowly been driven out cos they cant compete in Cinema and Streaming age.

I tell you to mention companies owned by IBO in Freighting bcoz have worked in Apapa with Barnaly fishing company...I Know as e dey go. Most electronics container import are by Yoruba investors ( politicians, Chieftains and shadowy white people) buh the sellers in market are your people..dozens of people sharing each container.

I don't hate Ibo people, buh chest-beating won't help you guys...there are many Yoruba farm owners in Edo state buh they will never be disrespectful or call Edo Land no Man's land.

Peace bro.

Na wetin dey vex u?
No man's land...lol..
Whether you like it or not, Igbo hold the economy of the country. You call it petty trading but they are building mansions in Lagos and Abuja..
Igbos are the most economically comfortable tribe in Nigeria..
But your people and the northerners with wealth most definitely got them through government connections..
Finally it was because of envy which has been passed down from generation to generation by ur brother awololwo that made him through tribal sentiments removed nnamdi Azikiwe as the vice chancellor of UI.
Your people have always seen us a threat and competition because we are the only tribe in Nigeria that have matched you achievements for achievements despite all the advantages you have over us..
We Igbos don't even see u as competition..we know we are better than you guys .
Give us a level playing ground and we will floor you..
No be mouth...na grace
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by MSGAMBLE9: 11:05am On Apr 11, 2023
Ojukwubucket:

Na wetin dey vex u?
No man's land...lol..
Whether you like it or not, Igbo hold the economy of the country. You call it petty trading but they are building mansions in Lagos and Abuja..
Igbos are the most economically comfortable tribe in Nigeria..
But your people and the northerners with wealth most definitely got them through government connections..
Finally it was because of envy which has been passed down from generation to generation by ur brother awololwo that made him through tribal sentiments removed nnamdi Azikiwe as the vice chancellor of UI.
Your people have always seen us a threat and competition because we are the only tribe in Nigeria that have matched you achievements for achievements despite all the advantages you have over us..
We Igbos don't even see u as competition..we know we are better than you guys .
Give us a level playing ground and we will floor you..
No be mouth...na grace
yes IBO hold Nigeria economic then why do your people complain of Marginalization and why is the East referred to as Southern ghetto.

You control Nigeria economic yet you are begging for level playing field? this your chest-beating no add up at all.

Just name any IBO owned company that control or a major stakeholder in any Nigerian sector like Glo(Adenuga), Guinness Ngr (Adeleke),Alakija of Freighting business, Awosika of Commercial banking or BUA of Agriculture... please am waiting.

If you wan play victims please do..if na chest-beating let us know... some of your kinmens( the smartest ones) in Lagos change their names to blend in to avoid stigma associated with being a ibo e.g Bola shagaya, Hermes of last BBN denies his heritage on national TV, Bella nko spit on his background when discussing way of life of his people.

Beggars can't be choosers, nwa boy-boy and traffic hawkers buying properties in Abuja and Lagos? is this a joke.

Yeye dey smell!
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by web5000: 11:57am On Apr 11, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

So it was the Western nations that made Achebe books to be more popular than Soyinka books here in Nigeria and even in Yoruba land.

Why must you people glorify the Western nations as if they are gods. I will not be surprised if you next claim that it was the Western author that wrote Things fall Apart and dashed Achebe the book.

That is the inferiority complex that is holding us back. Africa have come of age.

Let's forget the Western nations and celebrate our owns. Both Achebe and Soyinka are icons in literature. Achebe focused on novels and poetry and in the process wrote a masterclass , Things fall t, that has been translated into over 50 languages.

He wrote the book at the age of 26 and published it at 28. That is unbelievable. To make the story more interesting, Achebe was a medical student when he started writing his books. It was when he discovered his talent and love for writing that he switched to literature.

Hence Achebe and Soyinka are two different kind of authors. Achebe is a naturally talented writer while Soyinka is a product of literary studies . This made Soyinka to be able to cover more genres of literature than Achebe because he is more grounded in literature while Achebe is more talented.

So because he wanted to study medicine and later changed to English means he is more talented than everyone in the world that discovered their talent straight up? Funny.

"He abandoned medicine to study English, history, and theology" So your point does not even hold water.
The bottom line is that he studied it in school.

Talking about age. Some people make name even at 20yrs. 27yrs is enough time to learn and master a skill. It all depends on time & chances. He graduated from the university first - meaning he studied English for some years.
So.. Achebe who had been studying English for several years before he died did not cover more genres?

So because Ronaldinho went to football academy/club means he is not naturally talented?
*Soyinka is naturally talented (more talented than Achebe)*

Also I said,
The reason his book is used in other African nations that way is because it was one of the first
(And sure western influenced helped out also)

Finally no one is hyping western power.
I am just saying it as it is- not blinded by ego/pride/ethnicity/ false claim.
Because
You claimed that western nations were against him.
Yet they helped made his book successful, they gave him awards etc...

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Ojukwubucket(m): 2:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
yes IBO hold Nigeria economic then why do your people complain of Marginalization and why is the East referred to as Southern ghetto.

You control Nigeria economic yet you are begging for level playing field? this your chest-beating no add up at all.

Just name any IBO owned company that control or a major stakeholder in any Nigerian sector like Glo(Adenuga), Guinness Ngr (Adeleke),Alakija of Freighting business, Awosika of Commercial banking or BUA of Agriculture... please am waiting.

If you wan play victims please do..if na chest-beating let us know... some of your kinmens( the smartest ones) in Lagos change their names to blend in to avoid stigma associated with being a ibo e.g Bola shagaya, Hermes of last BBN denies his heritage on national TV, Bella nko spit on his background when discussing way of life of his people.

Beggars can't be choosers, nwa boy-boy and traffic hawkers buying properties in Abuja and Lagos? is this a joke.

Yeye dey smell!
Lol..I really enjoy coming down to ur level to enlighten you but you will never learn..
From your write up one will know you are naive and ignorant..so u think having one person from your tribe leading in a particular sector makes u dominant in that sector..lol
Having dangote as the richest man doesn't translate to Hausa being the richest tribe in Nigeria..I hope you have learnt one thing from me or else u remain ignorant forever..
You said I'm begging for a level playing field.. I'm not begging since u can't read and understand well...I mean remove govt connection and regional influence eg an Igbo and yooroba contesting on a neutral ground in whatever field..there is 90% possibility an Igbo will come out on top...
And u keep bringing irrelevant topics ...
U want to be the one to send message last and be the winner grin oya comment last and win and keep wallowing in ur ignorance and envy for Igbo..
Igbo will keep succeeding and bettering you and you will keep envying and hating to console yourself... grin
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by MSGAMBLE9: 3:28pm On Apr 11, 2023
Ojukwubucket:

Lol..I really enjoy coming down to ur level to enlighten you but you will never learn..
From your write up one will know you are naive and ignorant..so u think having one person from your tribe leading in a particular sector makes u dominant in that sector..lol
Having dangote as the richest man doesn't translate to Hausa being the richest tribe in Nigeria..I hope you have learnt one thing from me or else u remain ignorant forever..
You said I'm begging for a level playing field.. I'm not begging since u can't read and understand well...I mean remove govt connection and regional influence eg an Igbo and yooroba contesting on a neutral ground in whatever field..there is 90% possibility an Igbo will come out on top...
And u keep bringing irrelevant topics ...
U want to be the one to send message last and be the winner grin oya comment last and win and keep wallowing in ur ignorance and envy for Igbo..
Igbo will keep succeeding and bettering you and you will keep envying and hating to console yourself... grin
niigga drop names don't give me epistle..I know you people have no bragging right except chest-beating that will only impress your bloda Hawking in traffic or nwa boy-boy grabbing customers cloth so they could eat for evening...

We dominate everywhere no be for mouth or beating of hairy chest.

So much for chest-beater...una yeye never do!

Deveropers feeling funky.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Photo Of National Assembly Gate Today's Morning / Olufemi Olu-kayode Reacts To Abba Kyari's Appointment As Buhari's Chief Of Staff / Lagos Police Inspect Markets And Buses To Ensure Compliance With LASG Directives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.