Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,916 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? (15752 Views)

Which Of These Jobs Should He Go For? / I Have From Now To January 2 To Choose Between These Jobs Offer / Which Of The Two Jobs Should I Go For?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Sammy07: 11:14am On Apr 11, 2023
Hollyharjii:
Hello Nairalanders,

I'll be brief as possible, I'm currently working with one Microfinance Bank as a full staff, which the pay is #50000 per month and after pension and tax, I'm left with 46k every month, this has been my salary for the past 14months. I'm been used like four man. Recently, during the board meeting, they realised that there most resourceful employees are quiting for better offer as such they decided to increase the pay and likely to be implemented this April salary.

As a guy who want more for his life and want to be financially stable, I applied for one commercial bank job and I got an offer with a gross pay of #80,000 but it's a contract job but this bank usually do a conversion program to convert contract job to full staff unlike some other banks, I'm sure of the conversion

Have accepted the offer and I told them that I'll resume next week after the Easter break but my resignation letter with the MFB has not been acknowledged till now, also considering if the increase the salary this month, wouldn't it be equivalent to what the commercial bank is going to pay? As well wouldn't be a breach of contract to decline the offer after accepting it overnight?

I need a professional advice as I'm confused on what to do

Which of the regions do you reside?

I want to factor many things like standard of living, food, transportation b4 I conclude
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Zardex(m): 11:15am On Apr 11, 2023
Were una day see job like dis. I need one please.

If u are sure of the conversion and a better pay of the contract job, then go for it.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Inyang1987: 11:17am On Apr 11, 2023
Stay on the old job, full staff 50k n contract staff 80k, bro use ur head abeg.

Pls I need a CSO job, am a young retired soldier and a graduate with nysc cert and Army discharge cert as well (07036445682).
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Mazulu: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2023
Do you know that Germany offers free education even to Nigerians and has one of the best economies in Europe?

However, accessing many of the opportunities the country holds involves being able to speak the language.

Let our team of certified German language professional teach you German. You’d be glad you learned from us

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by w1sEmAn: 11:26am On Apr 11, 2023
My professional advice as an Ex-MFBanker,
What is your new job position in the Commercial bank?
if na marketing don't go because you will be on target and you have to meet your target to stay on the job....but then if you think you have people that can give you money to meet the target then go for it
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by ratio4real(m): 11:33am On Apr 11, 2023
EniHolar:
I will like to advise you to move to the new job in the Commercial Bank. Why?

- What if the salary is reviewed from 50k to 60k in the MFB, will you be satisfied? I don't think so.
- You have already written you resignation letter and you're awaiting acknowledgement. If you reconsider staying, writing a letter to cancel the resignation will look unreasonable.
- They are increasing the salary, not because they want to satisfy you, but because 'others' are leaving and they want to tie you down keep you for their use. That means they know their workers are underpaid.
- Life is a risk. Staying in MFB is a risk. Moving to Commercial Bank is a risk. You've explored one, I'll advise you move to the next one.
- Regardless of all the pieces of advice on NL, follow your instinct.

#MyThoughts

For me, this is your best bet... I also want you to know that you best way to grow is not staying on one particular job for unnecessarily too long.... I am speaking from experience.

Another thing you should know is that, for any where you are working, once you tender your resignation letter and they try to keep you by offering you what seems lucrative, please don't be tempted to stay back, because if anything happens and the company is trying to downside or whatever, you are the 1st on the list..... A word is enough for the wise!

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Kobicove(m): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2023
lavylilly:
Next time learnt to speak up in board meetings, ask how much would be the oay from the HR or a representative of the board. If it will be equivalent and you are sure it's the same pay know that you will face times 10 of what you face in MFB as a contract staff with the commercial bank plus don't bank of you are sure of the conversion because bank na crazy one man business.

From the two offer factor in which one is best in term of benefits such as
13th month
NHF
Leave allowance. All the best .

A Board meeting is attended by only the Chairman of the company, The managing Director and the Executive/Non-executive directors of the company!

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Kobicove(m): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2023
Hollyharjii:
Hello Nairalanders,

I'll be brief as possible, I'm currently working with one Microfinance Bank as a full staff, which the pay is #50000 per month and after pension and tax, I'm left with 46k every month, this has been my salary for the past 14months. I'm been used like four man. Recently, during the board meeting, they realised that there most resourceful employees are quiting for better offer as such they decided to increase the pay and likely to be implemented this April salary.

As a guy who want more for his life and want to be financially stable, I applied for one commercial bank job and I got an offer with a gross pay of #80,000 but it's a contract job but this bank usually do a conversion program to convert contract job to full staff unlike some other banks, I'm sure of the conversion

Have accepted the offer and I told them that I'll resume next week after the Easter break but my resignation letter with the MFB has not been acknowledged till now, also considering if the increase the salary this month, wouldn't it be equivalent to what the commercial bank is going to pay? As well wouldn't be a breach of contract to decline the offer after accepting it overnight?

Once you have submitted your letter of resignation don't look back no matter what!
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by EbenezerTriumph: 11:52am On Apr 11, 2023
labake1:
I don't know much about banking job but working as contract staff in commercial bank is risky. They can terminate the contract suddenly
this child wey still dey battle jamb dey follow give advice for wetin she no get idea about
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:57am On Apr 11, 2023
Uniquekriss:
Who accepts job offers these days based on gross. My dear your gross pay isn't my business, I negotiate with net, find out what your net is, if it's up to 70k, go for it. In the terms of agreement with the new place, they must state the duration of your probation, apart from the pay, adding that new experience to your CV makes it more colorful, you also get to meet new set of people, learn more skills, while you're there, try to be proactive, if you're good, you will be absorbed in no time. Also get professional courses and make LinkedIn your new Whatsapp.

Can I add u on LinkedIn
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by olexjay(m): 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2023
Don't take the contract job because they will terminate your contract once the contract agreement expires to employ another set of people, most people think they will be able to work themselves in as a full staff before their contract expires but things doesn't work like that in most time.. Best of luck
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by lereinter(m): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2023
AfahaAbia:
To me I would advise you stay back at the MFB for now till you get something better. Working as a contract staff in a bank isn't good at all. You can be dropped at anytime.

You mean full staff can't be dropped
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by theamazonguru(m): 12:36pm On Apr 11, 2023
If that bank is StanbicIBTC go for it.

There conversion is sure but you must work hard.
Provided you pass their conversion exam, once there is a window of filling an empty staff role , you get notified, you apply and get called for an interview.
Note:
The only ish is this,ensure the role you are applying for is a role in your current department at the commercial bank, because your line manager can help facilitate things so you can easily get converted.

If it is a role outside your department, you can be told you failed the conversion exam or even the interview because the hierarchy (ies) in that department might have a candidate they want to push.

Note:
If you fail the exam twice consecutively, you will have to wait for a period before writing it again.
And note: the window of conversion is only open to you if you are less than 32. Forget it if you are above 32.

Note all these and make an informed decision.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by tonicyril: 12:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hollyharjii:
Hello Nairalanders,

Be prepared to face law suit from the new commercial bank sha... Cus u have already accepted the offer
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hollyharjii:
Hello Nairalanders,

I'm pretty sure the bank you applied for is union bank ..

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Oyerinde16(m): 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
Take a one month leave, resume on the commercial bank, after 1 month, if it's okay, continue, if not return back to base... I have done this severally...
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Vlyrics: 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wow, even as a teacher, I am earning more than a banker comparing only basic pay. Chai, Na just name and saw dey bank job.

Talking about the new offer, not the old.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by ahamonyeka(m): 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
Which mfb dey pay that kind salary? I suppose it should be mfi and the mfi name is vec i know them very well .tbey can pay their loan officer 10k per month. Oga you had better go for banking job and srart looking for elsewhere
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by rummmy: 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
Bank contract work is worse..
Dont go there ooo.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by tunjilee003: 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2023
Kubin:
My brother any job that can't pay upto 500k.is determine to keep u poor and less than average,try save and start business, u gonna be reach forever,if you put the same energy and commitment ur putting in your current mfb job
starting a business is not that easy
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Kubin: 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2023
tunjilee003:
starting a business is not that easy
that is the most easiest thing to do, unless if you are not business incline,I can teach you,coach you on what to consider before starting up a business,any how small u may start,you will definitely grow big,the starting time may be tough.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by folake4u(f): 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
Kubin:
My brother any job that can't pay upto 500k.is determine to keep u poor and less than average,try save and start business, u gonna be reach forever,if you put the same energy and commitment ur putting in your current mfb job

I want you to understand that Everybody is not cut out for business.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Jonwesley(m): 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2023
Leaving the MFB is sure a career progression. Take the Bank job even if it is a contract one. That you will be laid off at the end of the contract is not important now considering that you have wasted some years in the MFB without improvements in your salary until the MFB began to loose their staff. In risk analysis, you consider your positives against the negatives. The positives are, a #40, 000 differential from the old salary, that can be used to recover some of your years without salary increase in the MFB. Then the possibility of your conversion to become a permanent staff in the new place, paving way for a better prospects in salary. The negative is loss of job after the contract, which is after at least a year. But your position at this point would be well suited for another Banking job which are available.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Iseddy: 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2023
Go for the commercial bank Job, even though it's contract... you are still entitled to pension, medical cover and better exposure... It will be better for you
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Uniquekriss(m): 8:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:

Can I add u on LinkedIn
sure...
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Fairbanks(m): 9:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
Kubin:

People like u will just drop an heartbreaking advice an run without knowing what an average Nigerians without connection are facing. If u are among d few that were privileged to be connected or born with silver spoon in ur mouth then u render help to people or keep ur mouth shut. Now u have advised him, then find him #500k monthly job or give him money for business. Useless goat.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Kubin: 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2023
Fairbanks:

People like u will just drop an heartbreaking advice an run without knowing what an average Nigerians without connection are facing. If u are among d few that were privileged to be connected or born with silver spoon in ur mouth then u render help to people or keep ur mouth shut. Now u have advised him, then find him #500k monthly job or give him money for business. Useless goat.
sometimes you need to be civil,you must not show your frustration,your not the only one frustrated in this country.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Tobest94: 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2023
Kubin:
mumu, Mk person wey dey collect 48k try and save to start a business? Na pure water selling business or what?
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by labake1(f): 12:59am On Apr 12, 2023
EbenezerTriumph:
this child wey still dey battle jamb dey follow give advice for wetin she no get idea about

Losun
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Kubin: 6:53am On Apr 12, 2023
Tobest94:
mumu, Mk person wey dey collect 48k try and save to start a business? Na pure water selling business or what?
your the biggest mumu,ur generation will remain mumu, asshole.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
Uniquekriss:
sure...

What’s ur username…
Re: Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? by Uniquekriss(m): 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:

What’s ur username…
chat 0 seven 04 three 5three 7five 9five

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview / Job Interview Address Confirmation / Dragnet, Work Force… Do They Still Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.