Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? (14734 Views)

Why Are All The Good Men Taken? / Among These Good Men Who Should She Marry? / Are African Men Good men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by tellwisdom: 9:29am On Sep 21, 2011
OP i see u still sitting there hoping a guy with a big house and a big car will come your way.Dey there make express pass u grin

[size=26pt]FALLS OFF MY WATER-BED grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 21, 2011
~duchess~:
g

La! Are you trying to tell me that all my fellow single naija babes that have no

husbands have issues? shocked. In what way, pray, tell grin
of course they have issues.The last census conducted under the OBJ regime showed that the population of men in nigeria is more than that of the women so there are more than enough serious minded naija men ready to get married.Its just that these women spend all their time hoping tht a very wealthy bachelor would come their way and if such is not fortcoming they start blaming nigerian men whereas there is a serious minded individual by the lady's side ready to marry but as expected she would be ignoring such a guy because he has no money. grin
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Plutarch: 9:55am On Sep 21, 2011
La show,
u r asking y u think am one? That will be an unecessary self-advertisement. Back to topic,as a man,i believe that there r many gud guyz out as some of the earlier posters hv opined. The funny thing every lady seem to see them daily but i kinda think that many ladies hv prob in reconciling who they r with what they want.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by duchess4: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2011
lefulefu:

of course they have issues.The last census conducted under the OBJ regime showed that the population of men in nigeria is more than that of the women so there are more than enough serious minded naija men ready to get married.Its just that these women spend all their time hoping tht a very wealthy bachelor would come their way and if such is not fortcoming they start blaming nigerian men whereas there is a serious minded individual by the lady's side ready to marry but as expected she would be ignoring such a guy because he has no money. grin

why are sounding like the highlighted sentence has happend to you before grin
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 10:32am On Sep 21, 2011
[size=30pt]I'm not saying I can't get a man! But what I need is a good one! Do some of you have to insult a person's sensibilities? I've NEVER gone after a guy with money. My first love was a corper and he later decided he wasn't ready for a serious, steady relationship and wanted us to make it an open one. But I can't be somebody's option when I make them MY priority! So that was it!!! He later wanted to get back, but I didn't trust that he wasn't going to break my heart again!!!

My ex boyfriend, when I met him was a hustler, doing whatever legit business he could lay his hand on. Still in his momma's house, no steady income. But I admired the fact that he wasn't lazy and I truly loved him and he seemed to have a good heart which was very important to me and he came from a good family too. It was after 7 months of being together he got a multinational job. After that, he became something else and I was seeing a whole new person. Manipulative, controlling; a liar and abusive.When I was left him, he sent a substantial amount to my account, that he only wanted to do that out of his own love and free will. That after all, I was with him when he had nothing.

I refused the doe but he insisted. Three months after, he called me and asked me to return his money. I'm not a gold digger, my mother raised me WELLA, therefore the money was chilling in my account without a kobo missing and before he could say Jack Robinson, early in the morning I had sent his money back. He thought after three months I would have spent it!!! Money isn't important to me. I'm working on getting mine.

And I don't go round begging for BBs. My ex promised me a BB when he got the multinational, but he never bought it and I never asked him. He bought one for himself and I got a Nokia for myself when my old phone was acting up. I don't need a BB for now cause I feel it's for professionals. When I become one, I should be able to get it for myself. For now, all I need is a modem and a lappy. And thank God, I have those!!!  smiley smiley

So I'm not after big house and big car. Nothing new in those. Small house in a good, safe neighborhood beats big house in the bush any day!!! What will two people be doing in a mansion anyway Can I sleep in 5 bedrooms at once? Abi I can share myself to use ten baths?? Abegi!![/size]
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2011
It depends on the definition of "good man".
In Nigeria, a good man is defined by his blackberry/i-phone,Jeep,fat bank account,house he owns. . .
Maybe that's why all the good men are taken. . .
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 21, 2011
what an irony, when all the good men are searching.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 21, 2011
@Lashawn
your confessions are making you desirable.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by stepo707: 11:39am On Sep 21, 2011
@ Lashawn
What are some of your weaknesses?
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by k10: 11:41am On Sep 21, 2011
The chances of a Black woman finding a “Good” Black man are extremely slim, according to a study by Best Black Dating Sites.

The study claims that only about 3% of Black men fulfill the criteria of being a good, qualified partner.

The criteria was primarily based on data compiled on whether the eligible Black men were heterosexual, good-looking, successful, or childless.

What do you think about their findings?

http://newsone.com/entertainment/thegrio3/where-are-all-the-good-single-black-men/?omcamp=EMC-CVNL
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by maclatunji: 11:43am On Sep 21, 2011
davidylan:

most women wont know a good man even if he slapped her in the face. They are too busy with the flashy bad boy.
Sorry.

@OP, there are good men you just have to have good searching skills to find them.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Tosinville(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2011
Its easy to type shitt here but its different stories in reality.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Decryptor(m): 11:53am On Sep 21, 2011
Sorry @OP, we've all been taken. I was the last one standing until last Saturday when i got married!

But u can opt for a "not-so-good" man which is the nearest quality stock left.

Offer lasts while stock is available so act fast now before you turn into this,

Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Exponental(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2011
Poster, Wats your definition 4 good.
Aim @ gettin 65-80% quality.
There is no perfect man!
Physique shldnt be a priority. Rate a guy, n grab d offer before it's lost.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 21, 2011
Eya OP, I am not ready
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^Whats the sorry for.

@Decryptor
Ok, that was totally unnecessary. And you call yourself a good person. . . .

@Tosinville
Whatever. If thats how you feel!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Blakjewelry(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
yea, there are goods one out there bt maybe they are just as scared as you. I like for instance is a perfect example. after my last crashed relationship 3 years ago, i think am not in a hurry for another heartquake. Right now i being single is d bext thing that can happen to anyone, i might be wrong though.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by iv4real(f): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ poster, there are still good men just be patient you will get to meet one.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2011
@exponental.
Will be back to answer that. . .need to chow now cheesy cheesy

@iv4real
thanx hun

@blakjewelry

Thanx. . .
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Luckki1001(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn, this is exactly what you get when you ask for people's opinions on a public site, some comments will be sensible while others are outrageously senseless, while some are just plain humourous (probably, them no get work to do). Like someone earlier commented, it may have to do with what's on your list. I hope you know that by now, there really isn't any "tall, dark, handsome, broad-shouldered" fella out there as portrayed in Mills & Boons etc. I really sympathize with you after reading your story. I really do. But there are still good guys out there and the funny thing is that, they are on the lookout for a good girl too, but past experiences like yours may be putting them off as well. My advice is that you continue on the path to being self-reliant i.e. have your own job, money, car etc. The right man with the correct self-esteem will just show up. No one can claim to have all the answers, but be rest assured that your man will surely turn up one day. Just don't be so desperate to get one, else you may end up with another wrong fella, and the cycle will begin all over again. Here's wishing you luck in your search. Take care.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by cold(m): 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2011
@OP what do you mean by 'churchy'?Is going to church on a regular a hallmark of a 'good guy'?What about a guy that clubs and drink,yet dote on you like his life depends on it,would you give him a look in?Or you only prefer prayer warriors
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Decryptor(m): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
But seriously, no matter how good a man tends to be, he is never good enough for a woman. Women esp here in Nigeria always crave for the better of the best. They always have this delusion that no matter how green the grass is, there is always a greener pasture somewhere else and this is primarily because of their covetous nature and greed. I know some  people here will begin to bash me but simply put, this is nothing but the truth. Ater-all where the the popular worldwide question "WHAT DO WOMEN REALLY WANT?" originate from?
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Tosinville(m): 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn sweery, if you're what you claimed you're here in reality then let me be your Clydes barrow str8 up wink
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by silica(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
[b]when i met my wife, i was  teacher in a private primary school living in a one room self-contain apartment. her friend who accompanied her to my house went told her she was trying, dating a primary school teacher. Similarly, a long time admirer whom i had earlier asked to marry me told me i was not ready and she could not wait for me.  To the glory of God, i have a well paid job, living in a nice apartment in a choice area in Abuja. The day we got married, the same friend declared that she wanted to take a picture with us to tap into our wedding anointing.  Today, she uses me as the yardstick for her prayer point cos she is yet to be married. the truth is that most girls are so blinded by the here and now that they fail top see beyond today. for a guy to go tru school, get a good job, live in a good apartment and have all those good things you are looking for, do you think he will be living in a cave secluded from every female. if you are looking for a ready made man, my dear you may have to wait longer or be prepared to eat the leftover. Some ladies are blessed with the give of foresight and can see the CEO in an Okada rider. others want to wait for the manifestation, by then it is too late [/b]
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Flashaldrin(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
@op, lie lie lie lie!!!!!
It all depends on ur location. Eg, where i stay, their are so many gud men, church going, virgins, rich, educated that wen i hear some ppl on nairaland, bein atheists, fornicators, foulmouthed, i realy do wonda what part of nigeria nairalanders r from.
@op, if u cnt c gud men, then d problem is wit ur locatn, nd they abound! If u search u will definitely c plenty cos 4rm ur comments i feel u sound lyk a decent lady.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Flashaldrin(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by IbroSaunks(m): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
Well i think you can never really run out of good, decent people (guy or lady), in Nigeria at least. I just feel ladies are generally too picky when it comes to choosing guys. Whatever happened to "making my own mr. perfect?", or somfin like that, Women also tend to be either confused or confusing sometimes, many times they send the wrong signals.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Tosinville(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2011
Silica

Sincerely, mmm! i really admired that word of yours. I owe you two bottlez of Moetz, bro.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^Tosinville
Il think about it. . . cheesy

@decryptor
My ex was not good enough for me. Because I will not spend the rest of my life quaking in fear of the one supposed to be my protector. No thanks.

But I was content with my first love. I was so secure with him that for a year +, I wouldn't looked at another guy but at the end of the day, I was told stories!!!

Honestly, guys abound everywhere. But I want one that. . . .
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by maclatunji: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2011
silica:

[b]when i met my wife, i was  teacher in a private primary school living in a one room self-contain apartment. her friend who accompanied her to my house went told her she was trying, dating a primary school teacher. Similarly, a long time admirer whom i had earlier asked to marry me told me i was not ready and she could not wait for me.  To the glory of God, i have a well paid job, living in a nice apartment in a choice area in Abuja. The day we got married, the same friend declared that she wanted to take a picture with us to tap into our wedding anointing.  Today, she uses me as the yardstick for her prayer point cos she is yet to be married. the truth is that most girls are so blinded by the here and now that they fail top see beyond today. for a guy to go tru school, get a good job, live in a good apartment and have all those good things you are looking for, do you think he will be living in a cave secluded from every female. if you are looking for a ready made man, my dear you may have to wait longer or be prepared to eat the leftover. Some ladies are blessed with the give of foresight and can see the CEO in an Okada rider. others want to wait for the manifestation, by then it is too late [/b]

Classic!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2011
If you want a good man, be good yourself. Good has ways of identifying another Good.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nayah(f): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2011
"Good men" are made by "good women"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your 1st Experience With A Commercial Sex Worker Aka "Olosho" / Pretty Lady Flaunts Her Full Boobz In Public In Transparent Dress / I'm Always Thinking About Banging When I Sight A Guys D**k, Is it normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.