Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? (14733 Views)

Why Are All The Good Men Taken? / Among These Good Men Who Should She Marry? / Are African Men Good men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nayah(f): 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2011
PETERANDRE lol what an excuse!!!  grin but I think you were initially talking to poster as her "good man" grin
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Greenslim: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2011
much available
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by PETERANDRE(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2011
NAYAH maybe u swept me off my feet after i read u commendation on my response,dont u think its very possible.There is nothing such as an excuse,maybe it was destine to be this way.How come u were only the one that commended my respond to the poster.Well its gonna be difficult for anything happening between us due to the fact we are thousands of miles apart,am not saying its impossible but difficult.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by glowithdan(m): 5:16pm On Sep 21, 2011
A man's meat, another man's poison, There is in fact no perfect man or lady anywhere, you only get what you make out of every relationship or courtship!

Only try in complimenting your man in his better areas and try to mould or help adjusting the darker sides, No one man has it all, believe it!!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2011
gLOWITDAN,UR RYT BUT AS FAR SA AM CONCERNED AM OUT OF DATING FOR GOOD,I HV DECIDED TO REMAIN SINGLE COS WEN U SEE LOVE U WNT HAV 2 ASK,U WIL KNW DEEP INSIDE UR HEART(FOR THOSE DAT DIER HEARTS HAV BIN BROKEN N SMASHED-WHICH I HAV NEVA XPERIENCED,IT MYT NOT B NOTICED IMMEDIATELY),ANYWAYS MY POINT IS DAT NO ONE IS 100% PERFECT,WE ONLY TRY TO BE. SO,POSTER,PLS STOP LOOKING 4 GOOD MEN and mayb dey myt find you,COS if uR desperate( lyk u sound) u myt NEVA find HIM! bONNE cHANCE!! cool[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LongOne1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
For the ladies; Boyz II Men - Good Guy Lyrics

Why should I be the good guy
And get left for the man that don't treat you right
There's nothing good in being good guys
Tell me why, tell me why, tell me why?

See, it is not profitable (in a heavy igbo accent) to be a good man. So, they are scarce, but not taken.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by claremont(m): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
It all depends on what the OP means by "good" guy, because everyone has an element of good-ish and bad-ish properties. Maybe the problem lies with the OP herself!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by horny4u(f): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2011
LAW OF NUMBERS NI

How many men do you see in a week.
Advertise yourself : be out there , be sociable , be available, be happy, be smiling, be party-able, be sports-able, be everywhere you can find your kind of man.

Then sod exclusivity date at least 3 times a week different guys but close your legs, , give your self a year and very soon you will be with your soulmate.

Donot forget to write down what you want and donot downgrade your list, when you meet someone tick them on that list 7/10 is good , 10/10 is not too good sha , but anything lower than 7 is not good.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by obowunmi(m): 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2011
how old is OP ?
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by horny4u(f): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2011
obowunmi:

how old is OP ?

Love and age , have nothing to do with eachother,
80 year old women fall in love sef so?
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2011
@horny4u
That's very true. I know I don't go out enough. When I do go out, I get hit on. But I don't have a sister and my friends and cousins all live far off. I don't club or party. I'm not so so religious too. I'm an introvert. So most of the times, I'm just indoors.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2011
@obowunmi, I'm in my 20s.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by obowunmi(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
late or early twenties ? Where are you located ?
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by horny4u(f): 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn:

@horny4u
That's very true. I know I don't go out enough. When I do go out, I get hit on. But I don't have a sister and my friends and cousins all live far off. I don't club or party. I'm not so so religious too. I'm an introvert. So most of the times, I'm just indoors.

You need to go out, meet up and all that, if you want the man , kids et all, its the price you got to pay.
So dust yourself and donot worry about going out alone, either drive or have a fav taxi that you can trust and be out, stressful but it pays of,
Plus its just for a year, no other way, no man is coming to get you indoors.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^Thanx @ horny4u

@obowunmi
I truly want to keep things anonymous. I only opened up here on this open forum cause I could do that incognito. With all the age and location question, someone could put two and two together. My senior ones visit here too. And a good number of my friends.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by God2man(m): 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2011
In my own case, i was determine to get the will of God for my life, because i knew that if i missed it in the issue of marriage, my destine will be adversely affected,so, i took time to seek the face of God in fasting and prayers,so that i can marry the person that will not destroy my destiny, after the prayer, the Lord touch my heart concerning my wife,that was it. @poster take time to seek the face of God, it is only God that can see through the heart, so called good men may be a snake,lion or tiger in three piece suit.watch out! A three days prayer and fasting without food except water,will go a long way,you will enjoy the reward of seeking the face of God, but remember,when God answer your prayer,do not reject the person in the first place, there is no perfection for Now,but later the person will eventually turn out to be the best you can ever get. I am a living witness to this. If you are looking for a xter without flaws you may not get married for a long time. Be nice to people,show courtesy,humble yourself,forgive those who hurt you. Pray to God, to help you correct your own weakness. God will see you through. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by obowunmi(m): 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2011
Ok, well you just need to put yourself out there or let your friends hook you up.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^thank you, Obowunmi.
I hear you. I do have a problem with forgiving people who've hurt me. Not that I'll hurt them back or anything, but I just have a hard time letting go of past hurts! I've been trying to work on that for a while now!!

@God2man, Thanx. . . .I appreciate that!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by seun0622(m): 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ poster

The gospel truth about this topic is that:

There are still numerous good guys around

The major problem is that these are the type of guys you ladies naturally don't get attracted to.

Most ladies naturally get attracted to the fun loving, party freak,not too serious minded guys who often do not fall within the circle of the good guys.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^
Yes, I want an outgoing guy cause I'm very introverted and quiet. But thank you, I don't want the loud, lousy guy claiming to be badt! I don't party, I don't drink or smoke and those vices don't attract me.

My favorite places to hang out is the pool, beach or at the movies. Or just indoors talking and cuddled up and seeing a movie. Or strolling late evening tucked under his arm. Or traveling to see new places, culture and food cause I love nature. I love music too.

I don't like loud parties, loud guys or anything. As you can see, I'm not the stereotype!!
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by pendo89(f): 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^ you my lost twin? shocked

Good in what way? ope you don't mean Mr. yes/smiling/nice to everybody kind of guy.

The 'good' in my defination are too smart and you don't find them everywhere and anyhow and everytime.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by citous(m): 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2011
No I am still here. I will like to believe I am a good man whatever that may mean. smiley
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by claremont(m): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
pendo89:

^^ you my lost twin? shocked

Good in what way? ope you don't mean Mr. yes/smiling/nice to everybody kind of guy.

The 'good' in my definition are too smart and you don't find them everywhere and anyhow and everytime.

Very true! grin grin wink
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Pendo89
Maybe I am  wink cheesy

No, I don't mean that kinda guy. I mean a man who loves God, is smart, intelligent, well spoken, clean, has values, is confident, isn't playing me around, and is humble (it takes a strong man to remain humble). A man who won't take advantage of my calmness like my ex did.

Also, I have dreams and please, such a man shouldn't stop me from achieving them if those dreams won't be detrimental to our family.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by citous(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn:

@Pendo89
Maybe I am  wink cheesy

No, I don't mean that kinda guy. I mean a man who loves God, is smart, intelligent, well spoken, clean, has values, is confident, isn't playing me around, and is humble (it takes a strong man to remain humble). A man who won't take advantage of my calmness like my ex did.

Also, I have dreams and please, such a man shouldn't stop me from achieving them if those dreams won't be detrimental to our family.

Are you looking for one or are you just asking if there are any still available?
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LongOne1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2011
LaShawn:

@Pendo89
Maybe I am  wink cheesy

I feel your pain and think it might be time to consult the man upstairs about this.

Thing is, the good girls hardly ever get the good guys and vice-versa… this is where faith seriously comes into play – this coming from an equally disillusioned soul.
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Long one
So I'm not alone in this??

@cito us
Lemme see. . .
Isn't that supposed to be the same thing??
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LongOne1(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^definitely not alone
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by citous(m): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ LaShawn, one is out of curiosity and the other is out of want/need , see the difference now? smiley
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^
What woman wouldn't want one in her life. . . ? You know your partner determines the quality of the rest of your life!! So I'm both curious, then I'll use tips from here and snag one for myself before it gets out of stock!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by citous(m): 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2011
@LaShawn Then hit me up and see what you get smiley
Re: Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? by LaShawn: 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2011
So you're saying you fit into what I listed??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your 1st Experience With A Commercial Sex Worker Aka "Olosho" / Pretty Lady Flaunts Her Full Boobz In Public In Transparent Dress / 5 Natural Ways To Tighten The Vagina & The True Reason For A Loose Vagina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.