Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria (20114 Views)

Army Officer Rushed To Hospital With A intimacy gadget Stuck In Her Private Part (Pics) / Leaked Sex Video Of Charity Obeng Using Long Toy In Her Hole / Curve Igbo Lady Flogged Mercilessly After She Was Caught With A intimacy gadget:video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by MrPADDY(m): 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lol. That is felony. You can go to court.

mosho4all:
Good evening,

I had an encounter with Nigeria police twice regarding a intimacy gadget in my car which they are telling me is a illegal. They stated that it’s must be ceased from me.

Lawyers in the house please enlightening us regarding this please
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
Starz825:

cheesy

Only this guy above gets it.
It was a JOKE!!! Supposed to make you laugh!
How on earth can having intimacy gadget in your car be illegal??!!
But a bigger question is:
How on earth did this nonsense make front page??!!!

Kobojunkie:
Up to what no good? Please explain! undecided

histemple:

Which law forbids intimacy gadgets in the car?

Akwamkpuruamu:

Does it pose any harm to anyone?
cedricksly:
if na buy him buy am how him go carry am reach house Bro there is nothing illegal about ha ING an intimacy gadget in your possession, be it inside, outside or anywhere.... If it is a crime to have an intimacy gadget in your car then it is obviously a crime to have a condom pack in your possession outside..

litaninja:
You're talking nonsense.

CaptainFM1:

It's only a crime if it violates the rights of others. He may be coming from a store where he bought his intimacy device?

Having a Love Machine with you or a porrn pics or your g/f nudes or xxxual acts you two involved in on your phone isn't a crime unless you start showing it to people who wishes not to see it.

To violate a law, the particular statutes violated must be quoted to give credence to the offence. That's how laws are determined. If there's no statute/law, there's no crime.
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by Duru009(m): 2:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
What law are you breaking for doing that.....
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by baralatie(m): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
Then we should also note that if you were driving in the northern parts of Nigeria .
I am sorry to tell you it is a criminal office
grin grin
Funny is it not
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by HellVictorinho6(m): 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
onumadu:

The officer essentially stole the toy from you.

Like has been said already, you committed no crime just by having it in your possession and safely out of sight.

In Nigeria, police can do a lot to you IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.
nonsense, knowing ur rights saves no one 4rm demonz unless u are a bigger bastard. the bigger bastard overwhelms them with greater dogs and weaponz!
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by CaptainFM1: 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Only this guy above gets it.
It was a JOKE!!! Supposed to make you laugh!
How on earth can having intimacy gadget in your car be illegal??!!
But a bigger question is:
How on earth did this nonsense make front page??!!!

Jokes are not viewed from the person that cracked it. It's the recipient that determines if it's a joke! The same thing goes for pranks!

In other words, it's not you that will determine if it's a joke/prank or not for others. What is a joke to you, might not be a joke to others.

That's why if you joke and it hurts someone, the person can sue you or get annoyed for it. To you it might be a joke, but to someone else it can be an offence. Case in view (Chris Rock vs Will Smith).

There was a court case (I will search and find it for you later) someone was pranked on and in the process the person kpai. Now the pranker is serving life sentencing.

Since the post is for education purpose, I just say make I chip in one or two comments for us all to learn.

1 Like

Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by cedricksly: 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
baralatie:

That a place is an establishment for the purchase of intimacy gadget is different from a police seeing an unboxed intimacy gadget in your car.when it should be in your house
LOL legal at home and illegal in the car.. Okay
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Jokes are not viewed from the person that cracked it. It's the recipient that determines if it's a joke! The same thing goes for pranks!

In other words, it's not you that will determine if it's a joke/prank or not for others. What is a joke to you, might not be a joke to others.

That's why if you joke and it hurts someone, the person can sue you or get annoyed for it. To you it might be a joke, but to someone else it can be an offence. Case in view (Chris Rock vs Will Smith).

There was a court case (I will search and find it for you later) someone was pranked on and in the process the person kpai. Now the pranker is serving life sentencing.

Since the post is for education purpose, I just say make I chip in one or two comments for us all to learn.

This is actually wrong. Take the following, they are all obvious jokes from whatever perspective:

** I am on a seafood diet; I see food, I eat it!

**My wife says I am the only one she has ever dated. The others were all nines or tens!

** My kid gave me a 'World's Best Dad' mug. At least she inherited my sense of humor!
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by viodemus: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
No
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
MrPresident1:

'Seun', what do you gain from putting poorly worded idiotic threads to FP? You want to show the world that Nigerians are half educated dingbats? You think that we cannot see that all these stupid threads are serving an end? Continue in your self delusion

Your mods cannot check simple spellings and tenses correct them before placing on FP?

You should make editing of FP bound material for grammar and tenses a criterion for FP placement. This is just a simple thread and it is loaded with nonsense!

Your Nairaland is dead!

What end? I am also surprised at some of the topics I see on front page. What's going on?
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by thatigboman: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
baralatie:

Under the Criminal Code
“Any Person who; willfully and without lawful excuse does any indecent act in any public place or; willfully does any indecent act in any place with intent to insult or offend any person is guilty of a misdemeanor, and is liable to imprisonment for two years

don't test the r solve of a police officer to insist that you are under suspicion of breaking the law o

And the above is even small.there is another one that I am looking for self
but the item is stored in the boot of their car, so how does this law apply? If he/she bought it from a shop, how are they supposed to transport it home?
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by thatigboman: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Those people selling it are not suppose to display it openly too. It has to be in a closed shop. They can however display it open on the shelf inside the shop.

Another good example of this crime is committed everytime by most bars, clubs and hotels when they display banners of their shows with mapoka and strippers girls on the road. That is clearly a crime committed despite advertising.
bars and clubs are rated 18 naa. If they display it inside their club or hotel, nothing wrong, except they display it in public view where underaged might see them
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by ddeola: 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
Ask senator Yabo from Adamawa. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by CaptainFM1: 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

This is actually wrong. Take the following, they are all obvious jokes from whatever perspective:

** I am on a seafood diet; I see food, I eat it!

**My wife says I am the only one she has ever dated. The others were all nines or tens!

** My kid gave me a 'World's Best Dad' mug. At least she inherited my sense of humor!

Foremost, those are humours and not jokes. There's however a fine line between them.

Secondly, they are not injurious and are open ended.

I'm not referring to jokes/pranks that's referring/directed to no one in particular.

For example, If you write all "those" on your social media page and I went to your page to read. I shouldn't take offense because it's an open ended jokes that's not implicitly directed to me nor injurious in any way to my personality.

But if you specifically mention someone's name, race, religion on your page or blog either jokingly or not in a manner that defames, then you can be sued for Libels or slanderous comments.

If you remember Sterling bank and it's odious joke Easter last year comparing Jesus Christ with Agege Bread..."Like Agege Bread, He Rose!” It may have been a joke from the Bank's view but not to the Christian community. I guess you are grown enough to weigh that between funny and injury. That's why people call for sanction of the bank and sack of the MD.

The difference is in the level of injury it caused the victim and not the satisfaction or fun the joker derived.

Stuffs like that and including bullying are taking seriously in developed countries the moment someone reports it because it's no longer from your own standpoint of view (joke) anymore.

For more knowledge and understanding....
https://www.thecable.ng/pranks-the-legal-consequences/amp

https://bgwlawyers.com/the-unexpected-consequences-when-a-practical-joke-goes-awry/

https://www.daslaw.co.uk/blog/trouble-with-the-law-on-april-fools-day

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hoganinjury.com/pranks-gone-wrong-liabilities/amp/
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by CaptainFM1: 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
thatigboman:
bars and clubs are rated 18 naa. If they display it inside their club or hotel, nothing wrong, except they display it in public view where underaged might see them

I think I wrote on the road side there. Did you not read that? SMH!
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by Chiboyswag: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2023
Good day Friends,
Please friends am in need of your assistance.am a student of Akanu Ibiam Fed.Poly.
I have gotten some part payment for my school fees HND1,so please I have tried possible means within my power to get the remaining but all to no avail.
Please anything will do,once am able to raise the complete money I will delete this post.

Please if you will like to verify me this is my number 07041397516. Thank you and God bless you more. This is my account number 6321057155 Fidelity
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Foremost, those are humours and not jokes. There's however a fine line between them.

Secondly, they are not injurious and are open ended.

I'm not referring to jokes/pranks that's referring/directed to no one in particular.

For example, If you write all "those" on your social media page and I went to your page to read. I shouldn't take offense because it's an open ended jokes that's not implicitly directed to me nor injurious in any way to my personality.

But if you specifically mention someone's name, race, religion on your page or blog either jokingly or not in a manner that defames, then you can be sued for Libels or slanderous comments.

If you remember Sterling bank and it's odious joke Easter last year comparing Jesus Christ with Agege Bread..."Like Agege Bread, He Rose!” It may have been a joke from the Bank's view but not to the Christian community. I guess you are grown enough to weigh that between funny and injury. That's why people call for sanction of the bank and sack of the MD.

The difference is in the level of injury it caused the victim and not the satisfaction or fun the joker derived.

Stuffs like that and including bullying are taking seriously in developed countries the moment someone reports it because it's no longer from your own standpoint of view (joke) anymore.

For more knowledge and understanding....
https://www.thecable.ng/pranks-the-legal-consequences/amp

https://bgwlawyers.com/the-unexpected-consequences-when-a-practical-joke-goes-awry/

https://www.daslaw.co.uk/blog/trouble-with-the-law-on-april-fools-day

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hoganinjury.com/pranks-gone-wrong-liabilities/amp/

Humor is an attribute of jokes. A joke is something spoken, written, or said with humorous intention.
My statement,
"It is illegal to have it in your car though, because it is an indication you're about to be up to no good"
is intrinsically humorous
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by MrPresident1: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
armadeo:

What end? I am also surprised at some of the topics I see on front page. What's going on?

That Nigerians are BLACK people grin grin
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by CaptainFM1: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Humor is an attribute of jokes. A joke is something spoken, written, or said with humorous intention.
My statement,
"It is illegal to have it in your car though, because it is an indication you're about to be up to no good"
is intrinsically humorous

Well then you understand my drift...If your Humor that is an attribute of Joke is injurious to someone, you can be sued for it.
On the bolded, we have well since deviated on that topic.

Yeah....you mean If my condoms were found in my car, it is that a crime? Even when government is advocating for people to use condoms to prevent HIV/Aids. But to you and the police officer, I'm up to no good! SMH.

For a crime to be committed, you have to state clearly, the legal statute that was flouted. It's very unfortunate that in our part of the world,
police and the people don't know what part of the law they are activating whenever they are taking stands.
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 7:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
Vinnie2000:

OP,

One day, dat Intimacy gadget will hook on ur Sexual organ.

Better find a good Dating partner.

I can't leave Nairaland. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by Swissli(f): 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
AMI3:

Na ur business? U must be a spy
Spy For What? undecided .I Never Knew Owning Such Gadgets Is Enough Concern For Us FBI Agents To Do Some Undercover Work undecided
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by Tobianojoel(m): 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
What are you carrying one in your car for? That damn thing should be behind closed door. Ultimately, it's a sin to use such gadgets as it promotes lust.
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Well then you understand my drift...If your Humor that is an attribute of Joke is injurious to someone, you can be sued for it.
On the bolded, we have well since deviated on that topic.

Yeah....you mean If my condoms were found in my car, it is that a crime? Even when government is advocating for people to use condoms to prevent HIV/Aids. But to you and the police officer, I'm up to no good! SMH.

For a crime to be committed, you have to state clearly, the legal statute that was flouted. It's very unfortunate that in our part of the world,
police and the people don't know what part of the law they are activating whenever they are taking stands.

You still don't get it is a joke or you just kidding?
That "you're about to be up to no good" makes it a joke. How can "you're about to be up to no good" be
a crime?? The statement itself is funny!
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by CaptainFM1: 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You still don't get it is a joke or you just kidding?
That "you're about to be up to no good" makes it a joke. How can "you're about to be up to no good" be
a crime?? The statement itself is funny!

I get the joke Bro. I said we've deviated from that angle. But since we were educating ourselves that why I put all that out.

You and I know that Nigerian police don't know all these. They don't joke with it. They are always looking for things to nail you.

As a matter of fact, a police officer has harassed me for having a condom in my pocket once. Well I turned it right at his face that I'm going to where I want to go and knack! He already embarrassed me inside a public bus by dipping his hands into my pockets.

One thing I noticed is that Nigerian police do actually fear citizens that challenge them. The only thing I fear about them is the gon they carry cos some of them can be trigger-happy.
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
CaptainFM1:

I get the joke Bro. I said we've deviated from that angle. But since we were educating ourselves that why I put all that out.

You and I know that Nigerian police don't know all these. They don't joke with it. They are always looking for things to nail you.

As a matter of fact, a police officer has harassed me for having a condom in my pocket once. Well I turned it right at his face that I'm going to where I want to go and knack! He already embarrassed me inside a public bus by dipping his hands into my pockets.

One thing I noticed is that Nigerian police do actually fear citizens that challenge them. The only thing I fear about them is the gon they carry cos some of them can be trigger-happy.

Exactly, the guns. Because if you're dead or maimed no amount of being right can bring you back.
Of course they're afraid. The guilty are afraid!
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 11:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
Ireportlive:
Non that I know of... However a Police officer has the right to detain you for questioning if he thinks you are about to commit an offense of public indecency later with the gadget

Bringing out a Sexual object or material depicting sex is an Offense " Public Indecency"

However if it's in your glove box, or boot covered away from public veiws, the officer can only warn you not to bring it out in public

By the same logic…
If you are transporting a bed or a spade, the police can arrest you. SMH

For the avoidance of any doubt…
Police CANNOT arrest for possessing any item that could be used “illegally” in the future.

>

1 Like

Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by fkj950ax(m): 11:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
Ireportlive:

However a Police officer has the right to detain you for questioning if he thinks you are about to commit an offense of public indecency later with the gadget

Law and all legal processes do not work on what a police officer thinks in his mind or head. Nobody can be detained for questioning because a police man thinks of something. The police has no right to detain a person because of what the person will do in future. It must have happened, or currently happening, Never a case of "going to happen". A case or charge based on this won't survive in court or anywhere.

And the manner you introduced public indecency is also wrong. That's manufacturing a charge/offense.
Because I buy a knife doesn't mean I am going to kill someone later that night. Because I buy a ski mask doesn't mean I am going to rob a bank over the weekend. The police or court can't prove this.

mosho4all:

ceased
Please can we stop making this mistake. It's quite simple and not a typo from autocorrect.
seize (verb) take hold of suddenly and forcibly.
cease (verb) bring or come to an end.
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by Ireportlive: 12:17am On Apr 11, 2023
fkj950ax:

Law and all legal processes do not work on what a police officer thinks in his mind or head. Nobody can be detained for questioning because a police man thinks of something. The police has no right to detain a person because of what the person will do in future. It must have happened, or currently happening, Never a case of "going to happen". A case or charge based on this won't survive in court or anywhere.

And the manner you introduced public indecency is also wrong. That's manufacturing a charge/offense.
Because I buy a knife doesn't mean I am going to kill someone later that night. Because I buy a ski mask doesn't mean I am going to rob a bank over the weekend. The police or court can't prove this.

Please can we stop making this mistake. It's quite simple and not a typo from autocorrect.
seize (verb) take hold of suddenly and forcibly.
cease (verb) bring or come to an end.

Go and read the Nigerian Police Act, make sure you read the duty of stop and search and what "reasonable suspicion" means under the law

Try and read what Beat and Patrol duty means
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by Ireportlive: 12:20am On Apr 11, 2023
9jaRealist:

By the same logic…
If you are transporting a bed or a spade, the police can arrest you. SMH

For the avoidance of any doubt…
Police CANNOT arrest for possessing any item that could be used “illegally” in the future.

>

Before you go further arguing Google what Lawful detention means according to Nigerian Police Act
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 3:32am On Apr 11, 2023
Ireportlive:
Before you go further arguing Google what Lawful detention means according to Nigerian Police Act

grin grin grin

Dude, lawful detention is a legal CONCLUSION…
A detention is NOT lawful unless/until a court determines it is.

>
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by jidxin(m): 6:04am On Apr 11, 2023
PoliteActivist:
It is not illegal to have intimacy gadget as long as it's behind closed doors. It is illegal to have it in your car though because it is an indication you're about to be up to no good
wtf.... Pls it's not illegal to hqve it in your car or bags
Re: Is A Crime Or Illegal To Have A intimacy gadget In Nigeria by Litmus: 8:46am On Apr 11, 2023
vince96w2:
is his car not private? Or is it a public car?

So he or she can spread thire bare ass cheeks against the windscreen in traffic or beside the road because the vehicle is private ?

I believe the poster you were quoting was right to sugest that the display of intimacy gadgets, books and random material in your vehicle in a way that is exposed to public view, including children, is possibly illigal under relevant local public decency/indecency laws.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Single Men Hate Most in Ladies? / If You Had To Marry Your Partner Where You First Met, Where Would It Be? / 9 Things You Should Never Do To A Woman’s Breasts During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.