Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy (3303 Views)

Any Man Who Asks You 'what Can You Bring To The Table?' Does Not .......... / Bill This Guy From The First Day You Set Eyes On Him & He Asks For Your Number / What To Do If A Lady Asks For Money For Data Or Changing Of Phones - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by LikeAking: 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2023
Karleb:

I thank God I'm a guy too.

I just pity any man that will approach sis OP, they're going to pay for the sins of others and the pressure to marry is going to heavy on them.

But I love how these girls always conveniently remove the part where they took some guys love and attention for granted for one reason or another. grin

They can't follow every guy na?
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Karleb(m): 3:39am On Apr 12, 2023
LikeAking:

They can't follow every guy na?

I know but it's like refusing to go to polytechnic but complaining that university never gave you admission. But they are always the victim in their stories everytime.

Even as a guy, I would be married today if I had taken at least one girl that took me seriously serious.

Not that I want to get married soon tho.

6 Likes

Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Akinzola: 5:46am On Apr 12, 2023
I understands how you feel, but I'll advise you not to loose hope yet, blv that the God you have bn praying to will never discard your prayers, have sent you a mail, try to reply.
Wealthier:
Hi Nairalanders,

Permit me go straight to the point. So I've been praying to God earnestly, with tears since I was 25. Up till now that I'm clocking 30 years this month. It seems God doesn't want to answer my prayers to bless me with my husband.

I have fasted, prayed, cried, sowed seeds, join others to celebrate, sow seed in theirs and yet I'm still not taken seriously.

Honestly, I've begin to lose faith many times and already planning to be a baby mama as soon as I earn more money.

Before the age of 24, I wasn't thinking about marriage. I majorly wanted to be done with school and get a job because I do not want to be a liability to my husband. The whole thing though, there were no serious suitors , but I wasn't worried. I had a boyfriend then of 3 years but I knew we wouldn't end up together because he was too focused on being an Activist, his communication became poor. No matter how I complained about it.

I started to become afraid when I clocked 25 and saw that most of my friends were engaged. It dawned on me that no serious man is seeing me. I believe I am pretty , doesn't dress extravagantly and not materialistic. Infact the other guy I was hoping we would be serious together told me he doesn't have money for marriage, I told him money will come but he insisted he couldn't start a relationship with me. This was when I was 25. At 26 , 27 up till 28, the same reasons I heard.

What exactly is wrong with me?

Finally at 28, I met my current bf. He seemed very serious and into me until I started to dream about marriage and started to talk to him about it. Today we had serious quarrels, he broke up with me just because I wasn't happy with him that he didn't try to greet my mum on her birthday. I thought he was taking things serious after telling me at the beginning of this year that we would have our court wedding this year. He told me he's not ready for any marriage anytime soon, that he can link me with his friend if i still want to marry this year. We have resolved the issue , but I'm not sure I love him anymore. I'm just rolling with it.

I'm clocking 30 years this month and feeling so much like an evening newspaper.

I'm just here feeling bad and dejected. Why does it take so long for God to show me mercy?

I'm somehow regretting not joining my female friends in double dating and then go with who's more serious.

Not one, not two or 3 of my friends did this same thing and they are now all married.

Honestly, I feel so much like a loser. I guess I may eventually just try to get kids of my own once I earn more money.

I feel depressed whenever I see couples together. I've had to rub away from my sanitation group in church because of a particular young couple in my department that I'm beginning to get jealous of. Like , will this ever be me?

I've been attending couples seminar since 2021 and northing yet. Is this how another 5 more years will add to my life and everyone will officially be calling me evening newspaper.

I've told my family to not judge me when I find a way to have my own children cos I'm tired of crying to them and they shouldn't ask me where is my man.

If there's any prophet amongst you. I'd really appreciate a word of prayer. Seems God doesn't care of my feelings.

Please ignore my typo error. I typed from too much pain
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by onumadu: 6:04am On Apr 12, 2023
Monogamy strikes again...
You are looking for "your own husband".
Let me tell you one truth: If you were a Northerner, you would be in your second marriage by now or something along that line.
By 30, you would have finished having children.
There will continue to be more women than men as far as marriage is concerned.
Remove the yoke, look up, and see the light.
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Slmgirldippussy: 6:27am On Apr 12, 2023
Do you know after marriage, once you get what you want. You will still show your husband the usual shege in marriage
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by OkoAnike(m): 7:01am On Apr 12, 2023
Wealthier:

Hmm. Thanks I appreciate. I've can talk

Please don't add more to your issues by giving this people your details, even if you end up connecting and possibly marriage, this moment will come back to hunt you...

Remain anonymous and never disclose your identity, my little penny.

3 Likes

Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by pressplay411(m): 10:46am On Apr 12, 2023
LikeAking:

The game is rigged to favor men..

34 years old guys na Dem be hot cake for mkt..

It depends on the man.
No one size fits all.
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by AndrewTate(m): 11:01am On Apr 12, 2023
well, I think you've been too conscious about it from time so it has influenced how you see the world/act/think or carry yourself...
“There’s more to life” the moment you accept this and start focusing on yourself and your growth in all rounds of your life.
It'll happen!
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Wealthier: 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2023
Persephone1:
I'm laughing out loud at those "Thank God I'm a guy crew" lol as if Men are not just as desperate for marriage as women. Lol don't worry by the time you are 30-34 without prospective partners you will understand better.

Dear Op, please take off your mind from marriage for now and focus on other things. Go out, network, be of value. Most times when you try too hard, you miss it. Reflect on your previous relationships, learn from them , keep growing to become a better person. Please just be happy and live life. If you can change environment, please do too
Be happy.

With time, the right one will come.

Amen, thank you
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wealthier:

Amen, thank you
You are welcome smiley
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2023
Akinzola:
■ I understands how you feel, but I'll advise you not to loose hope yet, blv that the God you have bn praying to will never discard your prayers, have sent you a mail, try to reply.
1. So, she should disregard God who Himself said that the prayers of sinners are an abomination to Him? No be wishful thinking that one be — serious delusions? undecided
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by walex0007(m): 8:23pm On Apr 12, 2023
sorry if i may ask where did you stay
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by walex0007(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
Which side in lagos , if you belive i can help you out
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by spencekat(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
According to ODM author,hold on and hold out
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Frando29(m): 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2023
Do you even understand what the mercy of God means? You think you can remove God in the affairs of men? God is a constant...

Kobojunkie:
1. Please stop confusing OP by dragging the mentions of God into that which has nothing to do with God. undecided

Also reason this....why would God need to "test" the faith of one who does not belong to Him --- one who does not already live in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments? Do you folks really believe God is some kind of mumu or what? Don't simply swallow all the lies your pastors and mogs feed you regarding God. Jumpstart that brain which God designed and gave you so you can see the lies for what they are, illogical bullsheet? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Kobojunkiee: 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2023
Frando29:
■ Do you even understand what the mercy of God means?
■ You think you can remove God in the affairs of men? God is a constant...
1. The mercy of God, God told you, He pours out on every human being including the wicked and the ungrateful. Look at those who do not believe in God and see how they still thrive in their everyday lives. That is the mercy of God. undecided

2. No one has said anything about removing God from the affairs of men as instead it is men who have removed God from their affairs by chasing after that which God has said has nothing to do with Him. undecided
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Mekanus(m): 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
Op look inwards and discard any character that could be scaring men away from you. Stop wasting your time praying, it doesn't work.
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Whoknowsme: 10:50pm On Apr 12, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:

Trash upon trash.
Very nonsense trash.
God is so merciful to this lady to still love her irrespective of the nonsense she spewed on there.
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Whoknowsme: 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:

Trash upon trash.
Very nonsense trash.
God is so merciful to this lady to still love her irrespective of the nonsense she spewed on there.
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by ChuksHills(m): 11:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wealthier:
Hi Nairalanders,

Permit me go straight to the point. So I've been praying to God earnestly, with tears since I was 25. Up till now that I'm clocking 30 years this month. It seems God doesn't want to answer my prayers to bless me with my husband.

I have fasted, prayed, cried, sowed seeds, join others to celebrate, sow seed in theirs and yet I'm still not taken seriously.

Honestly, I've begin to lose faith many times and already planning to be a baby mama as soon as I earn more money.

Before the age of 24, I wasn't thinking about marriage. I majorly wanted to be done with school and get a job because I do not want to be a liability to my husband. The whole thing though, there were no serious suitors , but I wasn't worried. I had a boyfriend then of 3 years but I knew we wouldn't end up together because he was too focused on being an Activist, his communication became poor. No matter how I complained about it.

I started to become afraid when I clocked 25 and saw that most of my friends were engaged. It dawned on me that no serious man is seeing me. I believe I am pretty , doesn't dress extravagantly and not materialistic. Infact the other guy I was hoping we would be serious together told me he doesn't have money for marriage, I told him money will come but he insisted he couldn't start a relationship with me. This was when I was 25. At 26 , 27 up till 28, the same reasons I heard.

What exactly is wrong with me?

Finally at 28, I met my current bf. He seemed very serious and into me until I started to dream about marriage and started to talk to him about it. Today we had serious quarrels, he broke up with me just because I wasn't happy with him that he didn't try to greet my mum on her birthday. I thought he was taking things serious after telling me at the beginning of this year that we would have our court wedding this year. He told me he's not ready for any marriage anytime soon, that he can link me with his friend if i still want to marry this year. We have resolved the issue , but I'm not sure I love him anymore. I'm just rolling with it.

I'm clocking 30 years this month and feeling so much like an evening newspaper.

I'm just here feeling bad and dejected. Why does it take so long for God to show me mercy?

I'm somehow regretting not joining my female friends in double dating and then go with who's more serious.

Not one, not two or 3 of my friends did this same thing and they are now all married.

Honestly, I feel so much like a loser. I guess I may eventually just try to get kids of my own once I earn more money.

I feel depressed whenever I see couples together. I've had to rub away from my sanitation group in church because of a particular young couple in my department that I'm beginning to get jealous of. Like , will this ever be me?

I've been attending couples seminar since 2021 and northing yet. Is this how another 5 more years will add to my life and everyone will officially be calling me evening newspaper.

I've told my family to not judge me when I find a way to have my own children cos I'm tired of crying to them and they shouldn't ask me where is my man.

If there's any prophet amongst you. I'd really appreciate a word of prayer. Seems God doesn't care of my feelings.

Please ignore my typo error. I typed from too much pain

Things that hiders a woman from getting married.
1- Evil foundation from family.
2- Bad character.
3- Enemies or house hold enemies.
4- He is not my spec or type.(Choice)
5- Boyfriendnizm. That is (I'm in a relationship)

My dear remove your mind from marriage for now and don't be obsessed about it and focus on building your self and if in anyway the things I mentioned about ☝️are found In you, take your time and fight them in prayers and make some adjustments in your life, I know this is something you would have done in your 20s but there's still time for you. If you do this things I am writing to you on your own the right man will walk up to you and ask for your hand in marriage without you telling or reminding him for it.

At your age now you're not supposed to be doing boyfriend stuff and be fornicating expecting God to give you a man that will marry you. Serve God in obedience and righteousness you will see your desires coming to you.

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Kobojunkie: 11:40pm On Apr 12, 2023
ChuksHills:
■ Things that hiders a woman from getting married.
1- Evil foundation from family.
2- Bad character.
3- Enemies or house hold enemies.
4- He is not my spec or type.(Choice)
5- Boyfriendnizm. That is (I'm in a relationship)

■ My dear remove your mind from marriage for now and don't be obsessed about it and focus on building your self and if in anyway the things I mentioned about ☝️are found In you, take your time and fight them in prayers and make some adjustments in your life, I know this is something you would have done in your 20s but there's still time for you. If you do this things I am writing to you on your own the right man will walk up to you and ask for your hand in marriage without you telling or reminding him for it. At your age now you're not supposed to be doing boyfriend stuff and be fornicating expecting God to give you a man that will marry you. Serve God in obedience and righteousness you will see your desires coming to you.
1. Wealthier, this list consists of nothing but more meaningless lies meant to further deceive and delude you away from applying what ought to be a common sense approach to resolving your situation, and eventually accepting the outcome. undecided

2. God no talk say Him go give anyone spouse though. For Pete's sake, look at the stories of the prophets of Old for a clue. Most of them didn't have what anyone would consider a "healthy" marriage. undecided
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Tenrack: 11:48pm On Apr 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. God washed His hands off of marriage after Adam blamed God for his sin. Adam said to God that it was the woman that God gave to Him that caused him, Adam, to sin against God. And as such God cursed marriage by placing a curse on woman only in marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16. Adam was the first and last man that God gave a marriage partner to. God removed His hands from the marital decision and affairs of men since then. Jesus Christ affirmed God's judgment when He too declared in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God, in addition to proclaiming that rather than God's blessing being on the married, it is instead on those who will choose to live as Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 12. undecided

I say all this to inform you that
▪︎ Your prayer and fasting has indeed been in vain. You ought to have spent that time instead bettering yourself as an individual to better understand the kind of mate you want for yourself and going out there to find exactly that.
▪︎ Your pastors and mogs lied to you regarding God, and also marriage. You should probably realize that they are partly to blame for you wasting your time in meaningless rituals
▪︎ God said He does not regard the prayers of sinners -- not even their petitions for forgiveness of their sins are granted by God. God only answers the prayers of those who are already holy and righteous --- no amount of fasting and praying can get you to become Holy and or righteous. It is all instead through continuous submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ instead.

My guess is your desire is not for God and the things of God but mostly for what you can have of the world, and so I suggest you focus your energy on just that and leave God alone because God is only interested in those who will abandon it all in order to follow Him. If marriage is what you want, leave God alone and go out there and find one for yourself. undecided

2. As for your plan to become a baby mama, why not consider adopting a child assuming you have the money to infact care for one? undecided
this one Neva know life. You think everything is black and white abi. No worry. I hope you're married too?
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Tenrack: 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
Read the very insensitive trash you wrote again.
her stupidity wear cape
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Apr 12, 2023
Tenrack:
this one Neva know life. You think everything is black and white abi. No worry. I hope you're married too?
Given that I focused mainly on the many mentions of God by OP, am I to take it that you do not believe God to be absolute — unchangeable and everlastingly immovable — aka black and white? undecided
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Tenrack: 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Given that I focused mainly on the many mentions of God by OP, am I to take it that you do not believe God to be absolute — unchangeable and everlastingly immovable — aka black and white? undecided
Some times to slap you dey hungry me undecided

How old are you please?

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Apr 13, 2023
Tenrack:
■ Some times to slap you dey hungry me undecided How old are you please?
1. Again... Given that I focused mainly on the many mentions of God by OP, am I to take it that you do not believe God to be absolute — unchangeable and everlastingly immovable — aka black and white? undecided
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by ChuksHills(m): 12:45am On Apr 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Wealthier, this list consists of nothing but more meaningless lies meant to further deceive and delude you away from applying what ought to be a common sense approach to resolving your situation, and eventually accepting the outcome. undecided

2. God no talk say Him go give anyone spouse though. For Pete's sake, look at the stories of the prophets of Old for a clue. Most of them didn't have what anyone would consider a "healthy" marriage. undecided

I have known you for long in this platform as someone who argues without wisdom and understanding.

How does her issues affect the prophets of old or the stories you are babbling here. The lady here has a desire to get married you are here misleading her with stories you have no understanding about.

It is the same God that says we should ask anything in his name he will give it to us. Now the lady here is not happy with her condition and doesn't have joy, you are here misleading her. For her joy to be full she really needs to ask God for her heart desire which the husband she needs.

John 16:24 (KJV)
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Now I'm trying to let her know that she can't be asking God for something and her life style is contrary to God's words that she have to stay away from boyfriend and fornication and be obedient to God In righteousness and work on herself, with that the right man will walk into her life and ask for her hand in marriage without her telling him or reminding him or trying to do it herself.

3 Likes

Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On Apr 13, 2023
ChuksHills:
■How does her issues affect the prophets of old or the stories you are babbling here. The lady here has a desire to get married you are here misleading her with stories you have no understanding about. It is the same God that says we should ask anything in his name he will give it to us. Now the lady here is not happy with her condition and doesn't have joy, you are here misleading her. For her joy to be full she really needs to ask God for her heart desire which the husband she needs.
■ Now I'm trying to let her know that she can't be asking God for something and her life style is contrary to God's words that she have to stay away from boyfriend and fornication and be obedient to God In righteousness and work on herself, with that the right man will walk into her life and ask for her hand in marriage without her telling him or reminding him or trying to do it herself.
1. According to the same God, and Jesus Christ, the prayers of sinners are an abomination to God — their sins literally taint all their requests and make them filthy and unacceptable to God. So you have it that God does not answer the prayers of sinners, not even their petitions for the forgiveness of sins go unanswered by Him. Now, God answers all of the prayers — not some — of the righteous and according to Jesus Christ, they are those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His commandments and teachings — the charge to abandon Father, mother, wife, husband, children, friends, etc., for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39 & Luke 14 vs 26 & Luke 18 vs 29 & Mark 10 vs 29 & Matthew 19 vs 29. So, you see, your notion of who Jesus Christ is does not align at all with that stated in Jesus Christ's own Gospel. undecided

Does OP sound to you like someone who is interested in abandoning it all in order to first attain God's righteousness before God can then answers her prayer for a partner, after which He may then require she abandon them for the sake of His Kingdom? undecided

2. It took the disciples approximately 4-years to go from sinners to Sons of God who are then able to bear fruits of righteousness; this is backed by the Parable of the harder as told by Jesus Christ in Luke 13 vs 6 - 9 . Does the OP sound to you like someone who is willing to invest 4-years of her life into first correcting her status with God in order to then receive answers to prayers from Him? undecided
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On Apr 13, 2023
ChuksHills, as for the mention of the prophets— many of whom experienced and endured pretty bad examples of marriages — their stories reveal that God is not in the business of giving anyone partners that are tweaked to their recommendation. undecided
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by ChuksHills(m): 1:08am On Apr 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. According to the same God, and Jesus Christ, the prayers of sinners are an abomination to God — their sins literally taint all their requests and make them filthy and unacceptable to God. So you have it that God does not answer the prayers of sinners, not even their petitions for the forgiveness of sins go unanswered by Him. Now, God answers all of the prayers — not some — of the righteous and according to Jesus Christ, they are those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His commandments and teachings — the charge to abandon Father, mother, wife, husband, children, friends, etc., for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39 & Luke 14 vs 26 & Luke 18 vs 29 & Mark 10 vs 29 & Matthew 19 vs 29. So, you see, your notion of who Jesus Christ is does not align at all with that stated in Jesus Christ's own Gospel. undecided

Does OP sound to you like someone who is interested in abandoning it all in order to first attain God's righteousness before God can then answers her prayer for a partner, after which He may then require she abandon them for the sake of His Kingdom? undecided

2. It took the disciples approximately 4-years to go from sinners to Sons of God who are then able to bear fruits of righteousness; this is backed by the Parable of the harder as told by Jesus Christ in Luke 13 vs 6 - 9 . Does the OP sound to you like someone who is willing to invest 4-years of her life into first correcting her status with God in order to then receive answers to prayers from Him? undecided

My dear you are not God that will answer her prayers, stop judging her. You have given your own advice then move on and mind your business. Stop creating issues here

2 Likes

Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Apr 13, 2023
ChuksHills:
■My dear you are not God that will answer her prayers, stop judging her.
■ You have given your own advice then move on and mind your business. Stop creating issues here
1. I have not once judged OP. Rather, I have made clear that unless OP is herself willing to forego her desire to pursue God's righteousness instead, she labors in vain, and this is as God had made it abundantly clear that He does not bend His Will to accommodate men. undecided

2. I haven't created any issues as I have simply stated that which God, whom you mention, has in fact said on related subjects. Well, just don't lie to her using God's name since the many lies she has been fed so far seem to be at the core of her current struggles. undecided
Re: Is God Really Merciful To Who Asks For Mercy by AndrewTate(m): 1:30am On Apr 13, 2023
It's like you don't know that kobojunkie lives on the energy that comes from any form of argument lol

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Guy Is So Immature. How Can He Disgrace A Lady Because Of Food? / Breaking: Again / Torn Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea:what Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.