Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Marriage Has Failed Me! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Has Failed Me! (41890 Views)

My Husband Has Failed To Satisfy Me Sexually Despite Taking Concoctions / My Marriage Has Finally Crashed! / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:
As a child from a broken home...

From what you wrote up here, you did nothing wrong. It's just the family trying to gain control of him. He is probably the soft type and likely sends them money when he was rich, so they don't want to lose that connection. It's your husband responsibility to stand up for you but he didn't. I suspect he may have told them bad things about you esp when you too had some sort of disagreement.

The only mistake you made was to quit your job. Find another one right away and begin playing the long game. That man will kick you out sooner or later. You have to be ready.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by isabi2lof: 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
Nobody can marriage shame again in this part of the world undecided, you can only do that if you're truly satisfied with your marriage 100%.

You marry problem, you no marry dem go begin marriage shame you .

Never you quit your job or business because of relationship problems , divert the joy you've to job or business.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Bahamas95(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2023
Most times witches are known to operate at night but this your sister in-law is more than a witch, she can operate anytime she feels like. How would she feel if her inlaws give her same treatment she's giving you?

Some humans are truly more wicked than the devil, that your sister in-law is one of them. Infact she's not even a human, she's a demon parading the surface of the earth.

Women should be very careful before they settle down with any man, take time to study his family. Don't be carried away by love because in Africa you don't only marry the man, you marry his entire family. The only hope you have now is that your husband is supportive, anything that would make him dance to their tune it's over.

As it stands now single mothers have more peace of mind than you who's married.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Allardyce: 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:
As a child from a broken home, I saw marriage as my happy ending of finally having a home filled with love and mutual understanding. After the death of my mom, growing up with my dad and stepmom was hell. I was treated as a stranger in my own home, so I thought starting my own family will be a lot better.

After I completed my education and got a good job. I had a lot of suitors willing to settle down with me. Most of them were rich and accomplished men, but there was no spark, I felt they weren't genuinely in love with me, and since I was never a materialistic person, I turned them down. I get easily content with what I have and I spend prudently. Then I met my husband. It happened that I was his crush back then in school, in fact, he even approached me as a student then, but I turned him down because I knew where I was coming from and I never wanted to gamble with my studies, it was my only hope to leave my father's house and fend for myself.

Fast forward to when I met my husband after school. He didn't even have a good job. But I could tell I meant a great deal to him, we'll speak for hours on the phone. I fell hopelessly in love with him, I could already picture a happy home with him and our kids. Then he proposed, and I accepted. I met his family, they were nice on the first visit.

After the introduction ceremony with my family, I started noticing certain things. I was taking pictures with his phone when I saw a message from his mom telling him I'm a stranger and he shouldn't allow me to come between them. I was surprised and wondered where all this was coming from, I asked him and he reassured me that it was nothing.

Then his father told me that hope I know that a son should love and care for his parents more than his kids. I kept pondering this statement. Then the worse of it all was his married sister, she hasn't even met me, but she rained insults and abuses on me on his phone and why he needs to make money first and allow his family to enjoy his money, before getting married. She said I was old, and just forcing him to marry me. I was just 26 then, but my education was very fast.

I had to speak to her dad about this and he cautioned her. I tried speaking to her myself but she rained insults again on me. I called off the wedding at a point but my then-fiance begged and involved my brother and so we went on with the wedding preparations. The wedding went well and his entire family stayed with us for a week before leaving.

My husband got a good job, I was working, we were fine and money wasn't our problem. A few months later, my father-in-law died. I sent messages and called hubby's siblings to comfort them. I couldn't travel with him immediately due to the nature of my job. I kept calling to check on him and inquire about the traditional rites I might need to be a part of. Hubby said his father was a pastor so he won't need to do anything, while we were yet speaking, his sister who hates me snatched the phone from him and said I have to do this and that or I should pack my things and leave the house and then she shouted at me.

I was so pissed and acted in a way that wasn't right considering that we were all mourning. I sent a message to her, telling her to be nice considering that we are all mourning but if she chooses to continue insulting and humiliating me for no reason, I won't take it. She forwarded the message to the entire family, including uncles, aunts, and grandchildren. On the day of the burial, I was treated as an outcast by the entire family, she told them not to give my birth family food, even though they came bearing gifts and comforting everyone. Hubby had to step in and ask the caterers to serve them.

She kept fighting and shouting at my hubby throughout the burial and tried denying him of things he was supposed to do as the first son and child. I was humiliated and she kept castigating my name and insulting me to hearings of everyone. I wasn't even allowed to eat. I was quiet all through, when family members were asked to sit behind the corpse, she asked me to excuse them.

For fear of my life after the burial, I had to go lodge in a hotel outside. The next morning she and her brother kept shouting and complaining that why did hubby allow me to lodge and that I should have been with their mom. They continued the humiliation, I couldn't take it anymore or hold back my tears so I left.

Hubby later told me that she held a meeting in my absence with the entire family and told them I'm a bad wife and needs to leave her brother. This was when hubby stood up for me and said I wasn't going anywhere.

Our marriage was never the same. Even when we had our daughter, no one called, hubby was ostracized from his own family and he blamed me sometimes. I couldn't concentrate at work, and my job is performance-based. I was scared that I'll be fired, so I resigned.

Hubby's income wasn't enough to sustain us, so we started facing financial difficulties. He had to even go meet the same sister to borrow money, even though I discouraged it. She always mocked him for it and I had to pay off the loan at a point.

When she saw that we are now broke, she stopped fighting with him and they are on talking terms now, of course, she still wants nothing to do with me. I know that they are family by blood and nothing is too hard to forgive, but each time she calls and they are happily discussing, Ican't help but feel angry for all she has caused us. I'm sometimes tempted to leave this marriage because this is not what I envisaged at all.

My brother is also married and I have never felt the need to interfere in his marriage or fight his wife.

I don't know how long I can continue in this union, even my innocent beautiful daughter is hated by them.
Did you hurt someone in the past that you can recall?

Let's start from there
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Ndidi2: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
Anonymoususher:
I hate it when men cannot stand up for their wives.

I always thank God for my family because nobody has that time. My mom is too busy with her business, my brothers and sister don't even have anybody's time. All the wives are free and relaxed. We barely visit ourselves but very cooperative when there is a need in the home.

I am not married but my fiancee is loved and protected by my siblings.

I don't take her too close to my friends, just the ones that are like blood
correct family wee Sabi..
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Elxandre(m): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
lifenajeje:

May u continue to be blessed with wisdom ..

I don't need to read any other post

U have said it all..

Op take this advice ..

It's time for u to stoop and conquer ..

I adviced my cousin's wife whose record with the family was absolutely bad ..

She gives fire raise to power hell to issues and it caused her a lot ..

Following my advice she apologised to everyone ..

She no dey talk pass herself

Na them dey rush am now ..

Family whahala no be gra gra

Na sense them.dey use for the matter .
You're a wise man.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Omookunnimi(m): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2023
It's often said a "broken courtship is better than a broken marriage". You saw the red flag before, but you ignored it just because of intervention from people. You see marriage it not something to be gambling with. In my place, they use to say "you married entire family not just your husband alone". You could have hold on before and study the family very well before decided to continued with the wedding after initial withdrawn. As it is now, let your husband should intervene by continue projecting you as lovely and caring daughter-in-law to his family.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by izubext007: 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
madam divorce
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by livebullet(m): 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Another one has come with her story again... Until we hear from the other side, your story remains a story.

tell them to equally write us here on nairaland since this is your settlement ground.

How are we sure you told us the part when you dont greet your husband in the mornings, or respond to calls from your exs. Women of nowadays actually think Guys generally are dumb.

I am not judging you. i am only saying I DONT BELIEVE YOU UNTIL THE FACTS ARE ESTABLISHED.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Juliearth(f): 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
You shouldn't have quit that job. This financial misery could put your marriage in jeopardy, especially if your husband keeps borrowing from the sister that despises you. Additionally, your husband may also despise you for being unemployed and bringing next to nothing to the table. You know men love independent women.

Please dust your CV and find another job and/or start a business.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by ChuksHills(m): 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:
As a child from a broken home, I saw marriage as my happy ending of finally having a home filled with love and mutual understanding. After the death of my mom, growing up with my dad and stepmom was hell. I was treated as a stranger in my own home, so I thought starting my own family will be a lot better.

After I completed my education and got a good job. I had a lot of suitors willing to settle down with me. Most of them were rich and accomplished men, but there was no spark, I felt they weren't genuinely in love with me, and since I was never a materialistic person, I turned them down. I get easily content with what I have and I spend prudently. Then I met my husband. It happened that I was his crush back then in school, in fact, he even approached me as a student then, but I turned him down because I knew where I was coming from and I never wanted to gamble with my studies, it was my only hope to leave my father's house and fend for myself.

Fast forward to when I met my husband after school. He didn't even have a good job. But I could tell I meant a great deal to him, we'll speak for hours on the phone. I fell hopelessly in love with him, I could already picture a happy home with him and our kids. Then he proposed, and I accepted. I met his family, they were nice on the first visit.

After the introduction ceremony with my family, I started noticing certain things. I was taking pictures with his phone when I saw a message from his mom telling him I'm a stranger and he shouldn't allow me to come between them. I was surprised and wondered where all this was coming from, I asked him and he reassured me that it was nothing.

Then his father told me that hope I know that a son should love and care for his parents more than his kids. I kept pondering this statement. Then the worse of it all was his married sister, she hasn't even met me, but she rained insults and abuses on me on his phone and why he needs to make money first and allow his family to enjoy his money, before getting married. She said I was old, and just forcing him to marry me. I was just 26 then, but my education was very fast.

I had to speak to her dad about this and he cautioned her. I tried speaking to her myself but she rained insults again on me. I called off the wedding at a point but my then-fiance begged and involved my brother and so we went on with the wedding preparations. The wedding went well and his entire family stayed with us for a week before leaving.

My husband got a good job, I was working, we were fine and money wasn't our problem. A few months later, my father-in-law died. I sent messages and called hubby's siblings to comfort them. I couldn't travel with him immediately due to the nature of my job. I kept calling to check on him and inquire about the traditional rites I might need to be a part of. Hubby said his father was a pastor so he won't need to do anything, while we were yet speaking, his sister who hates me snatched the phone from him and said I have to do this and that or I should pack my things and leave the house and then she shouted at me.

I was so pissed and acted in a way that wasn't right considering that we were all mourning. I sent a message to her, telling her to be nice considering that we are all mourning but if she chooses to continue insulting and humiliating me for no reason, I won't take it. She forwarded the message to the entire family, including uncles, aunts, and grandchildren. On the day of the burial, I was treated as an outcast by the entire family, she told them not to give my birth family food, even though they came bearing gifts and comforting everyone. Hubby had to step in and ask the caterers to serve them.

She kept fighting and shouting at my hubby throughout the burial and tried denying him of things he was supposed to do as the first son and child. I was humiliated and she kept castigating my name and insulting me to hearings of everyone. I wasn't even allowed to eat. I was quiet all through, when family members were asked to sit behind the corpse, she asked me to excuse them.

For fear of my life after the burial, I had to go lodge in a hotel outside. The next morning she and her brother kept shouting and complaining that why did hubby allow me to lodge and that I should have been with their mom. They continued the humiliation, I couldn't take it anymore or hold back my tears so I left.

Hubby later told me that she held a meeting in my absence with the entire family and told them I'm a bad wife and needs to leave her brother. This was when hubby stood up for me and said I wasn't going anywhere.

Our marriage was never the same. Even when we had our daughter, no one called, hubby was ostracized from his own family and he blamed me sometimes. I couldn't concentrate at work, and my job is performance-based. I was scared that I'll be fired, so I resigned.

Hubby's income wasn't enough to sustain us, so we started facing financial difficulties. He had to even go meet the same sister to borrow money, even though I discouraged it. She always mocked him for it and I had to pay off the loan at a point.

When she saw that we are now broke, she stopped fighting with him and they are on talking terms now, of course, she still wants nothing to do with me. I know that they are family by blood and nothing is too hard to forgive, but each time she calls and they are happily discussing, Ican't help but feel angry for all she has caused us. I'm sometimes tempted to leave this marriage because this is not what I envisaged at all.

My brother is also married and I have never felt the need to interfere in his marriage or fight his wife.

I don't know how long I can continue in this union, even my innocent beautiful daughter is hated by them.

Madam avoid your husband's people and stay happy with your husband and your daughter since your husband doesn't give you any issues.

The foundation of your father's house is trying to pull you out of marriage so that you will end up like your parents.

I advise you to be strong in God and be very prayerful because marriage and family is the most important things the devil fights and doesn't want to see it in unity. May you enjoy peace in your marriage in Jesus name, amen.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

Thank you for the advice. I'm in the process of getting another job, though not as high paying as the previous one.
You are right, I saw the red flags from the onset, I have never really been in a lot of relationships, and just as someone pointed out here, I think I'm also suffering from inexperience and the lack of a mother to guide me.
I really wanted to have a happy home, void of pretense and undue tension. Just pure honesty and true love. But I guess not everyone gets what they wish for. I'm smart and hardworking. I'll build my career again and console myself with my daughter. I'll let him do whatever he chooses with his family and not let it get to me. But I won't take any of their insults because I don't deserve them. I don't want my daughter to grow up without both parents. I'll try to stay for her sake, but for my sanity and happiness, I won't give it my all.

Hey, sis

The first thing I'm wishing for you is that you get a good job.

I like how you can confidently say that you're smart and can rebuild your career. That energy's everything right.

Are you a Christian? What's your relationship with God like? Get really intimate with Him.

The devil's always after marriages, and he's unfortunately on yours.

See, trust me. I sense that all of this is a ploy of the devil. The devil's whispers that led you to resigning, your in-laws disaffection towards you.

It's not normal. What have you done to them to warrant such hateful actions?

Sis. Get intimate with God. Consider a retreat since you have some control of your time.

God will fix everything. Both you & hubby will get good jobs. Your in-laws attitude towards you will become positive, too.

While you're finding God again & praying, pleaseeee try to stay joyful. Ignore the in-laws for now. Intensify effort to get a job.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Ofadaman(m): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
Leave while you still can,
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

Hey, sis

The first thing I'm wishing for you is that you get a good job.

I like how you can confidently say that you're smart and can rebuild your career. That energy's everything right.

Are you a Christian? What's your relationship with God like? Get really intimate with Him.

The devil's always after marriages, and he's unfortunately on yours currently.

See, trust me. I sense that all of this is a ploy of the devil. The devil's whispers that led you to resigning, your in-laws disaffection towards you.

It's not normal. What have you done to them to warrant such hateful actions?

Sis. Get intimate with God. Consider a retreat since you have some control of your time

God will fix everything. Both you & hubby will get good jobs. Your in-laws attitude towards you will become positive, too.

While you're finding God again & praying, pleaseeee try to stay joyful. Ignore the in-laws for now.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Cizarr(m): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
Flier:
This is where all her problems lies
She should get a job and everything else will sort out itself,no one respect a jobless wife.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Killermamba: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

My dear marriage didn't fail you,it's just that you married a simp and his family Dem be witch ๐Ÿงน๐Ÿงน๐Ÿงน. I beg do join nsppd with pastor Jerry eze every morning and see your home become what you envisaged it be by the power of Christ Jesus.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by reallouis: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
Your marriage shall not fail you ๐Ÿ™ Never give up as nothing in life ever comes so easy! Just as you said that your job is demanding and due to pressure you resigned and now we are both thinking with you that you wouldn't have resigned.
So dear clean tears, work majestically, pray for strength beyond your own, drill your husband in love like never before, i mean pay special attention to the other room, choose to concentrate in building your home. Cheers God win you win ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ™โ˜”
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Ephemmm: 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

The fault is all from your husband who lacks the quality of a real man.

My rule is simple when it comes to family - anybody I introduce to you as my spouse should be accorded the same respect as mine and do not hesitate to direct any complaint about my spouse to me.

My younger sister tried nonsense and she saw hell.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by LordReed(m): 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

Resigning your job was the biggest mistake you made in all of this. You need to get back to working ASAP, if you need to leave your husband how will you support yourself? Find a job now now.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by occfx: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

May be there are somethings you are telling us sha... I don't understand how you resigned from a job because of another woman pressure on your family. I don't understand how guilty you become or was it emotional because you were hated. I just don't understand the role you are playing for your husband... A woman is meant to be a good backup to a husband even when the husband is weak or emotional. She hate you, hate her back... The whole family don't want you, concentrate on your family. This life we all came alone and will all go alone. Fuckkk everybody. Somehow I still think you are guity somewhere but I don't just know... Because the story dey somehow or may be the typing.

Find way get another job and concentrate on your family. You need to make more babies for companionship. Leave your hubby and his siblings chat as they want as far as is not hurting you physically.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by vickydevoka(m): 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
Reminderz:
hope you wrote everything about what happened? because what you wrote now, I didn't notice a single fault from your side.. I just hope you're telling the truth and you're not trying to portray yourself good and his family bad... because how come almost all his family have the same impression about you??

if I will advice you BASED ON WHAT YOU WROTE... from your write-up, I didn't see a single fault from your side, his family probably didn't like you and I always advice women against settling down into a family where they are not welcomed, and same for men. it is like living in hell... but it is much worse for the women...

and I also use to tell women that chasing their career shouldn't stop them from having a serious relationship... you don't need to be in a sexual relationship, I'm not saying you should keep sleeping around with men, pls note the difference, but have a serious relationship and keep your options open... a time is coming where career won't mean anything to you again, there are so many important things in life than that... you should set your priorities straight... your job can sack you anytime...

you ignored the red flags in your relationship and it came back to haunt you... this is why you shouldn't let love blind you from taking the right decisions... the men you rejected in the past might have been the right men for you but because of your feelings that ain't temporary, you let it override your logicality... Now you only have yourself to blame... you can either endure your marriage and try to get things right because there's a kid involved already and starting all over might prove very difficult for you or divorce which might also not lead to a happy ending for you... pick your poison carefully.

Do not fight with his family members, but avoid those that wants to fight with you... respect who respects you and ignore those who wants to quarrel with you like they don't exist and this shouldn't stop you from doing what you still have to do in your marriage... face your husband, na the man you marry nor be her sister... let your home be your major concern... talk to him, and I'm sure he's also willing to make things work... so you guys should work through it together... you're not the first person this would happen to and you won't be the last person as well... many marriages even faced issues greater than this and they survived.. you can make it work also.. divorce isn't everything, don't let what you see on social media decieve you... unless domestic violence is involved or threat to life, divorce is not an option... most divorcees regretted their actions later on... all problems have solution.. you and your husband should make things work and God be with you both...

Ask the father of the husband what happened. No lady will tell you the full story when it comes to saying your side of story. Woman don slap me still de cry say na me cause am. I no de fear woman, but guys way still the trust women 100 percent I de fear
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by casspersteve: 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

So sorry, heaven knows my elder sister canโ€™t even decided for me now though she is married talked of when Iโ€™m married, I would mess her up certainly.

My elder sister is married right now, and there are some discussion I would do with my mom and brother it wonโ€™t get to her, she should face her new family and in law
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Juliearth(f): 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2023
frozen70:

Having read what you posted, I feel the emotional pains you are going through

The only place am going to blame you was the in ability to tolerate them your in laws from day one

They gave you heat and you returned the heat without thinking twice if really you can face them all

You dont really understand their family settings and why all of them are interested in their son

As it is now, you are not a threat to them but they are all a threat to you and your peace in the marriage

You have already prove to them that you are equally as crazy as they are

I think at this point, you have to drop the war weapons and start calming down for them

Talk to your husband if you can, so that he will reconcile you and them, by organizing a good reconciliation meeting for that peace to reign in your marriage, in laws and your life

Once that is done, you will experience absolute peace of mind and you will now be free to relate with them and see them as your own family

Pls look into it so that you too can have peace of mind and your child will have a good sense of feelings with them

If they all decides to gang against you and send you out, your husband will just be confused but will still stand with them because he alone can't marry you

While your submissions make sense, you need to understand that the resentment the sister has towards her goes beyond that text. Remember that she hated her even before meeting her. I can say the same for the family too (even though they masked it).

I won't advise op to leave, but op should develop a thick skin. Op should keep an open mind and should not expect the fairytale marriage she has pictured in her head. That may come later, but for now, she needs to face the situation on grou d wuth an open mind. For in-laws of this sort, op should be prepared to prove herself as a worthy wife. Op should get a job or set up a business and get back to supporting her husband so he wouldn't have to fall back on his sister.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by zicoraads: 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2023
This is very sad to read. Considering you wrote this at 2 am even makes it sadder.

Sorry to say, but your husband is solely to blame. He is the one who allowed it to fester. I have elder sisters, 3 of them, and trust me, no single one of them can dare interfere in my affairs like this. None.

That said, I think you need to first get a job. Strive to get a well paying job, then sit your husband down and tell him you've had enough from his family members. If he refuses to demand that they respect you, then you have one choice only, leave the marriage. Serve him divorce papers and leave with your child. Let them have their son.

Forget about wanting a family and all, leave this one. God's plan for your happiness maybe totally different from what you have in mind.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by zicoraads: 5:11pm On Apr 11, 2023
Juliearth:

While your submissions make sense, you need to understand that the resentment the sister has towards her goes beyond that text. Remember that she hated her even before meeting her. I can say the same for the family too (even though they masked it).

I won't advise op to leave, but op should develop a thick skin. Op should keep an open mind and should not expect the fairytale marriage she has pictured in her head. That may come later, but for now, she needs to face the situation on grou d wuth an open mind. For in-laws of this sort, op should be prepared to prove herself as a worthy wife. Op should get a job or set up a business and get back to supporting her husband so he wouldn't have to fall back on his sister.

No be only prove herself... cheesy

Make she get job, serve am divorce papers and leave.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by phorget(m): 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

Why would you quit your job? You should have married your job and forget about the cursed family. You should have focused more on giving your daughter a good life instead.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Juliearth(f): 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
zicoraads:

No be only prove herself... cheesy

Make she get job, serve am divorce papers and leave.

She should leave because her in-laws do not like her? Whatever happened to "for better or worse"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Blackbishop(m): 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
falcon01:
It's better to be single and happy than married and unhappy

And here goes the talking drum without thinking
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by FavouredBiano(m): 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

I'm really sorry for all you have been through. Just hold on God and be prayerful, you will overcome this tough times.

I feel sad and had to comment because God gave you signs and clues but you ignored them. You should never have married into such a family after the red flags you saw. Love isn't enough when it comes to marriage. All other things must be in place for love to grow. How can you marry into a family that your husband's mother calls you a stranger? How can you marry into a family where, your father-in-law thinks your husband should take care of him more than his biological kids? How can you even think of marrying into a family where family members hate you even without meeting or getting to know you?

Please, ladies, never marry into a family where you're obviously not wanted, loved or seen as an adversary. It doesn't matter what your fiancรฉ tells you because, in the end, he will blame you deep down inside for whatever issues that will arise.
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by Osanoghodua1: 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2023
I am the last boy of my family, my eldest brother's wife seeing I was happily married, she has spent about 10yrs just before I got married, she tried to Poison the heart of my wife, my wife sat me down and told me everything. I reacted to my brother and told him to tell his wife to stay off, I am a Benin, my wife is not a Benin. This same lady I perceived asked my brother not to support me financially when I was getting married, he didn't support me, glory to God, there was an overflow. For the record, I am not an easy man, no one talks about my wife good or bad. No one knows my income and how we fairing, it's a guided secret. My wife doesn't speak ill. She's making her money but I chest all the bills at home and I am happy about it that God gave me the grace to chest all bills. She does spend her money for the kids behind me because I told her to save her money. I bought my first land in her name, she's now my next of kins.

Sister, God showed you a red flag but you went ahead with the marriage, where's the place of the Holy spirit? We have relegated him to the background. God showed you a mystery of what was to come, You still went into fire free of charge. May God give you understanding on how to handle your home.

You need to invite heaven shall.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by adebo119: 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2023
BrighterThanDay:

Sadly, this thing called "marriage" in this day and age, I'd almost refer to it as a "death trap"
No manuals, no nationality, no level of spirituality, character, education, wisdom, financial stability, faithfulness, love, successful careers, counseling... Nothing gives a glimpse of assurance for a "happy ending"
One thing I believe now is that marriage is not for everyone. Marriage is too much of a life-changing and lifetime decision to end up in regrets.
Someday in the future we'll all die, "alone". How we live is up to us!
Re: Marriage Has Failed Me! by jessedaflow: 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
That ur husband you called a man is a stupid boy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" / Need An Affordable Smart TV's and Home Appliances, Check In Here / Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 289
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.