Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) (31702 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by shonepa(m): 10:49am On Apr 12, 2023
All the high profile interview don switch; Rufai Oseni and Rueben Abatti go dey wonder say wetin xup. All of dem be same but i preffer this bro and the beautiful lady.

ini4brandon:

When they interview Keyamo it ain't sh1t lol
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Dobodobo04: 11:08am On Apr 12, 2023
If I say Chimamanda, u allowed to pick 27 balls from this basket that contains 30 red balls and 30 blue balls.

It’s obvious to the reader that since u didn’t specify that I must pick pick red and blue, if I pick all the 27 balls and they all happen to be blue, that’s well and sound.

FCT counts as a state if u need to secure it to meet the 2/3 threshold. FCT is technically not a state like Ogun or Kano. It doesn’t have its governor. The “and” is simply saying FCT would be ascribed a state status if a candidate needs it to make the numbers.

It’s plain English. Prof Soyinka is right to call Mr Dhatti to order

Arise TV is also biased. They ought to have made her argue her point with someone with an opposing view.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by chiself: 11:23am On Apr 12, 2023
shonepa:
Obviously shes intelligent, but i still have my concerns.

She wrote a letter to the United states, but she refuse to highlight it in her letter that the US re hypocrites, let her call a spade a spade.

Secondly, she was asked if there was any evidence of Tinubu paying INEC chairman to rig. She said its only a rummour she has been hearing from people and its possible its true; but she did not include "it could also be false" it means there is no proof. Why put that in her letter?

Finally, the Interviewer gave her a breathing space by referring to her to the interview Datti Baba had with Arise Tv.

NBC did not fine Arise Tv N5m, Channels Tv where the victim. The interview on both stations are completely different, i watched both. I dont think anyone have problem with the Arise TV interview.

So to Soyinkas comment, obviously shes going to comment on that particular interview(Arise Tv) has no basis to be reffered to as fascist, treasonous so on.

The Media sometimes sabi confuse person.

Chimamanda is someone every Nigerian should be proud of and is also entitled to her opinion. However, with all the travelling she has done she just ended up being another old school Nigerian. Trying to use her influence. "bigmanism". I am Chimamanda the famous writer, I am going to write to Biden. Another criticism is that educated people should not say things where they do not have evidence to back it up.

Of course the Nigerian election could have been much better organised and we saw various reports of disruption on telly , but we didn't see each polling unit on telly. She need to come up with the data. If there were disruption in over 50% of the polling unit than she have a point , but if it is like only 5% or 10%, then it could be seen as insignificant. This is why foreign observers always mark the election process satisfactory.

Read The Washington Post opinion on the election

Nigeria points the way toward democracy in a region in which it is scarce

from the article:
It might be tempting for opponents of democratic governance to take Nigeria as a case study in why democracy can’t work in Africa. Actually, the opposite is true. In Nigeria, even with its chaotic and flawed process, the system has held and is holding — far better, so far, than might have been expected

Nigeria should learn from this experience and I am sure the next election will be much better. We shouldn't throw out the baby with the bath water and turn Nigeria upside down.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by AFRICANJAMAICA: 11:25am On Apr 12, 2023
Pinterest:
A well known Ibo tribalistic bigot. Can’t waste my precious sub to watch trash.

Chest beaters.

Your hate really dont matter...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Majesty33(m): 11:26am On Apr 12, 2023
I watched the entire interview and enjoyed how eloquent, expressive and educative she was.
Well, her voice will never be heard in a dark continent as Africa where they shun heroism at the expense of evil. I think heroism is stranger to Africa and would appreciate if she will ignore that word.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 12, 2023
accordadoga27:
Intelligent lady!!
The true daughter of Biafra. Biafra will never forget you. God bless you but Ashiwaju is your next president.

Very intelligent......
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by ufotunang: 11:33am On Apr 12, 2023
IamNat:
Same old argument by the Obi supporters. If we can't win, then the whole country should burn, you went to court but you never stop threatening the court, stating you must win the case.
..why can't tinubu and APC win election free and fair
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by ufotunang: 11:34am On Apr 12, 2023
Pinterest:
A well known Ibo tribalistic bigot. Can’t waste my precious sub to watch trash.

Chest beaters.
..why can't tinubu and APC win election free and fair
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by occfx: 11:37am On Apr 12, 2023
KendoRide:
Chief Odele owa!! You’re writing to the hearing of world leaders and they’re really shivering. Prof. Soyinka has been looking for someone to debate with you can handle him for us. How can he debate with our Vice President glorious Baba-Datti, as who ?

Yes... Let soyinka come out for the debate... He is looking for soft landing
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by WithFact: 11:38am On Apr 12, 2023
accordadoga27:

Uncle u still dey wail?

My dear. That is nearest eEcobridge as a result of acute depression.

Prepare your RIP on self inflicted...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by thaoriginator: 11:53am On Apr 12, 2023
FORWARDEVERLY:

LoL..
The truth is bitter...
Chimamanda is a toxic feminist...
Soyinka is an old fool... I still remembered when he abused the wife of a sitting president and called her a Shepopotamus...

So it is a battle of two stupid clowns..
I care less..
Ahh! Shepopo, I remember that time. But Madam P set no try all. We don suffer too much for this Naija..

Clowns 🤡 everywhere..

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Juliusetoo: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2023
Very brilliant chief you are too much, pls let them no
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 12, 2023
antontech:

With all these English, you made no point.

Ha, ti e ta, Mr Negative!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2023
grammarian247:

There is nothing as important to her now as getting Nigeria working again. If she needs your advise, that will pandering to the wishes of the literary giant because she hopes to be in his good books. This lady here has a working conscience.

It's very obvious that nothing, absolutely nothing, can placate evil and the machinations of the wicked. To think that someone must share the space with a character like you!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Patokens: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2023
Brilliant and articulate mind.

nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBJAYdIs6kI

Buhari & Mahmood Spectacularly Wasted an Opportunity for Heroism - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FatherOfJesus: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2023
Freelancerr:

Bros no vex na.

Election don pass.
We are 1 Nigeria.
U want use Party against me abi cheesy
Make I drop phone number or acct no
election don pass but thr consequences will remain
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FatherOfJesus: 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
FORWARDEVERLY:

People like you that can't comment and allow others to comment without interference has the lowest IQs...
You have to be sensible enough before you can understand why I don't rate any of those fools..
Bye Felicia..
I am asking you to deal with thr message instead of the messengers. It's what sane people do.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Ishilove: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2023
Such intelligence, poise and class. This is someone who knows how to disagree with an opinion without resorting to derogatory language.

Bravo! Beauty and brains
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Freelancerr(m): 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
election don pass but thr consequences will remain
You no show love oo
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Aboki99(m): 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2023
Trash. Empty grammar, not a shred of evidence.

I confirm this viva is operated walahi.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FatherOfJesus: 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2023
Freelancerr:

You no show love oo
I have stopped giving any Nigerian money until I know you poltical stance.
Many Nigerians do nonsense during election that will mortgage their future and that of many others and then they start begging
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Olaolex: 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2023
Nayturalistic:

Mumu specie of people.. de play
Did you steal mandate?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Freelancerr(m): 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
I have stopped giving any Nigerian money until I know you poltical stance.
Many Nigerians do nonsense during election that will mortgage their future and that of many others and then they start begging
Voted PO
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by ShaqFu: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ishilove:
Such intelligence, poise and class. This is someone who knows how to disagree with an opinion without resorting to derogatory language.

Bravo! Beauty and brains
Forget all that abeg. If she was a Nairalander, I'm telling you she would have unleash Verbal Hell on Tinubu and his supporters. 😁
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Arabk25: 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
everythinggirly:
Honestly I think she should mind her business, I feel like she wants to show off small.
Nigeria is not a country someone should be proud of.
Tufiakwa!

Kindly contact me for your Academic Research Writing Services!

Now I know you're totally finished.
Which business are you talking about, is Nigeria not the only country we have?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by dozymars(m): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
A very brilliant and intelligent woman.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by bayelsaowei(m): 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
coldzobo:
Wow this lady is very brilliant.
She articulated her thoughts flawlessly and made sense the whole time cheesy
oh yes she is...very smart...unlike that FFK that only swears and curses..

A thief and shape shifter..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Bfly: 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2023
Why is she so pained?
She has been relevant to herself so far.

I'm sure Nigeria is not even one of her problems.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by bayelsaowei(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2023
missionmex:
Geskiya school no be scam o.
no be scam oo...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Donair(m): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
I just love everything about this lady. She's not afraid of the truth. You worth the name chimamanda "God never fail"
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FORWARDEVERLY: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
I am asking you to deal with thr message instead of the messengers. It's what sane people do.

I am telling you to exercise your opinion and allow other do theirs as well..
That is what sensible people do..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FORWARDEVERLY: 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2023
LARRYOBRAIN:
I am a born throwaway

Seriously??
Sorry oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance / Dealing With Plagiarism Of Nairaland Stories By Rogue Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.