Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) (31671 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FORWARDEVERLY: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2023
Omodua:
If they are idiots, it means my parents must be double idiots.

My parents are not up to half worth of these personalities.

Respect people!

Jesus... Why would you call your parents idiots... ??
Tell me more pls..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FatherOfJesus: 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
FORWARDEVERLY:

I am telling you to exercise your opinion and allow other do theirs as well..
That is what sensible people do..
If you keep the opinion that 3+3 is 9, you need to be corrected.
Don't keep shitty opinions and then expect people to respect it
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FORWARDEVERLY: 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
If you keep the opinion that 3+3 is 9, you need to be corrected.
Don't keep shitty opinions and then expect people to respect it

Your mother's opinion maybe shitty but mine ain't...
Feel free to use SNIPER...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by paul300scarlet: 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2023
Complete wasting of time, think ahead and think positive
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FatherOfJesus: 5:02pm On Apr 12, 2023
FORWARDEVERLY:

Your mother's opinion maybe shitty but mine ain't...
Feel free to use SNIPER...
I won't insult your mom because my mom trained me well not to.
Use your tongue to count your teeth
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by coldzobo: 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2023
bayelsaowei:
oh yes she is...very smart...unlike that FFK that only swears and curses..

A thief and shape shifter..
grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FORWARDEVERLY: 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
I won't insult your mom because my mom trained me well not to.
Use your tongue to count your teeth

Mtcheeeeeeeeew....
I careless....

Next time avoid me like COVID...

Now Get Out....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Forumobserver12(m): 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
Okealaaye:
This girl should not involve herself in the age-long and groundless Igbo-Yoruba feud. Groundless? Why? The Igbo have always been a most welcomed people in Yorubaland and we've always lived together in peace. This is because the things that unite us are much more uncountable than the "thing" that divides us. Everywhere, all reasonable people know that the quest for power, aka politics, is the Great Divider of peoples and their communities. The Igbo are one of the Nigerian ethnicities that share a lot with us the Yoruba. Nigeria should derive mechanisms of intergroup relations to manage our diversities like some other countries, instead of emphasising our fault lines and divisions during every election cycle. The youths of Nigeria should come together, not to join the ancients in their needless rat race in which the gladiators don't remember them after the battle is won, but to fashion out the means by which their mutual futures can be guaranteed if indeed, the future belongs to them. The present squabbles do not concern them, as it were, because if we give it the right thought we would know that the youths are mere cannon fodders. So Chimamanda must not allow anyone to drag her into a needless war with a person with whom she shares so much in common than any other person in the world, except perhaps her parents and siblings. So if I were Chimamanda I would not react to Soyinka's words, but then she isn't me!

You made some valid points, however, I don't think you watched the interview, if you do you will understand that her opinion or support for Peter Obi has nothing to do with tribe.

Don't forget that Obi is not the first person from the South East that contested a presidential election before, as a matter of fact I know some Yuruba people who are diehard Obidient does that equally make them tribalist? As far as I'm concern there's no war between the Igbos and Yurubas and there won't be any, those actively playing ethnic Cards are doing so for their selfish gains not even because they love their own kinsmen.

Those whose campaign on the premise of it's our turn to rule Nigeria, I hope they will remember those common men and women whom they succeeded in selling the ethnic card to, I hope they will remember them during their Government and not just during election time?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Ikemba007: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2023
This is uncharitable to both of them

FORWARDEVERLY:
A stupid feminist up against an old senile fool in the person of Soyinka...
Too idiots .. I care Less...

Next pls..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by shonepa(m): 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2023
I get ur point. But most people refuse to the obvious, that this election has its positives. For example this election was able to eliminate over voting, we did not see ridiculous figures, under age voting and so on.

Ever since 1999, candidates that lost have always been going to court. They are not sending a good message. Even now we are still in court.

They have turned the constitution into a childs play, where any tom, dick and harry can have their opinion.

The President made matters worse, the number one citizen of the country not obeying the supreme court.

All these effect, will continue to hurt us, if we dont change our attitudes.

I am not the kind of person that blame the government in this situation we find our selves. Where are the private sectors, our billionaires? technology is the next level, but they are still interested in stealing from the country.

We are all guilty, as soon as we realize it, we taking a bigger step towards a better Nigeria.

chiself:

Chimamanda is someone every Nigerian should be proud of and is also entitled to her opinion. However, with all the travelling she has done she just ended up being another old school Nigerian. Trying to use her influence. "bigmanism". I am Chimamanda the famous writer, I am going to write to Biden. Another criticism is that educated people should not say things where they do not have evidence to back it up.

Of course the Nigerian election could have been much better organised and we saw various reports of disruption on telly , but we didn't see each polling unit on telly. She need to come up with the data. If there were disruption in over 50% of the polling unit than she have a point , but if it is like only 5% or 10%, then it could be seen as insignificant. This is why foreign observers always mark the election process satisfactory.

Read The Washington Post opinion on the election

Nigeria points the way toward democracy in a region in which it is scarce

from the article:
It might be tempting for opponents of democratic governance to take Nigeria as a case study in why democracy can’t work in Africa. Actually, the opposite is true. In Nigeria, even with its chaotic and flawed process, the system has held and is holding — far better, so far, than might have been expected

Nigeria should learn from this experience and I am sure the next election will be much better. We shouldn't throw out the baby with the bath water and turn Nigeria upside down.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Ikemba007: 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2023
This is uncharitable to both national assets

FORWARDEVERLY:
A stupid feminist up against an old senile fool in the person of Soyinka...
Too idiots .. I care Less...

Next pls..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by wasuka14(m): 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2023
ukaface:

You should have watched the video

Of course if the election had been glaringly free and fair even with BAT as the winner, I’m 100% sure she won’t mention writing the U.S

It's a lie. She is a tribal bigot.
I swear with Almighty God, Tinubu won fair and square. If election was rigged in the north, SW and NC, do you think there will be this quiet? The noise today is coming majorly from IGBOS. Go nd check, You people were only using social media hearsay to judge. Go down to the ward levels, to the PU centre's and verify.
The best thing to do is to congratulate Tinubu, form alliance with him, so as to get his support when it's your turn.
SE never really support APC since 2015. But the pdp you are supporting can't help you, can't give u ticket or worthy projects. But apc gave SE many worthy projects, still yet una bitter. why are you demonizing them instead of pdp whom you're been supporting since 1999.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by ukaface(f): 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2023
wasuka14:

It's a lie. She is a tribal bigot.
I swear with Almighty God, Tinubu won fair and square. If election was rigged in the north, SW and NC, do you think there will be this quiet? The noise today is coming majorly from IGBOS. Go nd check, You people were only using social media hearsay to judge. Go down to the ward levels, to the PU centre's and verify.
The best thing to do is to congratulate Tinubu, form alliance with him, so as to get his support when it's your turn.
SE never really support APC since 2015. But the pdp you are supporting can't help you, can't give u ticket or worthy projects. But apc gave SE many worthy projects, still yet una bitter. why are you demonizing them instead of pdp whom you're been supporting since 1999.

Y’all keep repeating same shIts, y’all are beginning to sound like broken records

No Wahala na
We gather Dey , make we see how Apc is transforming the country
Shey U hear about the rate of unemployment and about fuel subsidy ish?
Oya naaaa…. Hand Dey pain me to type.

Say we Dey demonise Apc….Lol
Wahala
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Kdon2: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBJAYdIs6kI

Buhari & Mahmood Spectacularly Wasted an Opportunity for Heroism - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

And they said this one get sense! She don turn to lawyer now interpreting the constitution. Thrash
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FORWARDEVERLY: 7:34am On Apr 13, 2023
Ikemba007:
This is uncharitable to both national assets

Go to Court Bro...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FORWARDEVERLY: 7:35am On Apr 13, 2023
LARRYOBRAIN:
I am a born throwaway I mean, baby factory child. I would never grow old/ see my old age..

AMEN..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by LadiesForever(f): 7:49am On Apr 13, 2023
FORWARDEVERLY:

No be only my papa wey dey village dey dance naked for market square

Tell me more... What about D thing I call Moda ??

grin grin grin grin

She too dey dance, dear.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by FORWARDEVERLY: 9:08am On Apr 13, 2023
LadiesForever:

grin grin grin grin

My mother Isa useless harlot...

Tell me More my dear 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by jfkenny(m): 10:43am On Apr 13, 2023
Done
Freelancerr:

Alright thanks sir
Mtn
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Freelancerr(m): 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
jfkenny:
Done
Thanks boss. Seen

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by Ikemba007: 11:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
FORWARDEVERLY:

Go to Court Bro...

On a matter that has no legal basis?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by LadiesForever(f): 7:45am On Apr 19, 2023
FORWARDEVERLY:

My mother is a useless harlot and my father is her love-vendor

Tell me More my dear 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by BigCowHornn: 7:48am On Apr 19, 2023
FORWARDEVERLY:

Na my papa wey dey dance naked for village square come get sense?

Hmmmmmm
Tell me more... What about D thing you call Moda ??

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by biaframaster200: 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2023
greenermodels:
R I P English

Even English native speaker can.not write .....english nah my second language
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) by yokanew978: 10:25am On May 18, 2023
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance / Dealing With Plagiarism Of Nairaland Stories By Rogue Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.