Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members (16694 Views)

How Many Chances Do You Give Before You Cut Someone Off? / Family Members Took Pictures With Standing Dead Man (Disturbing Photos) / I Ave Cut Ties With My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by jimmychang: 11:33am On Apr 14, 2023
My own father sold land that I suffered for years and gave him money to buy grin grin grin.My own dad oooh.People be like forgive him.I have forgiven but I can't forget.I no send am again.

My stepmom told me that I shouldn't put it at the back of my mind that I will inherit my dad's properties. grin grin.

My own sister never one day stood up for me,she betrayed me when we were kids. grin grin

My mum us late.

Tell me one reason why I shouldn't cut them off?

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by vickydevoka(m): 11:35am On Apr 14, 2023
VTJN:
some family are plain useless. Some are mainly after your pocket. What's your take on a family with 2 siblings. The first was a girl and got married to the man the family wasn't in support. She abandoned her family and follow this man for about 17 years without knowing how her family and sibling are fairing. Nothing concerned her with her family

Now tell me, if paradventure the brother make money and the married sister got to know about it and start trying to get close to her brother because he now has money

Do you expect the brother to embrace her?

See family is not about blood related o. Some outsiders or friends are hundred percent far better than family

To me anyway, anyone who love you unconditionally and stood by you through thick and thin is your family
Why would you stop a grown up from marrying. African have to wake up. They white marry who ever the want. But some family na war. That’s y like my papa. If u want marry Fulani so far una two go live together no problem.

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by vickydevoka(m): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2023
RedpillAnalyst:
The most toxic people you know might be people in your family.

Leeches and parasites care about friends and family not calling them.

You strive in life to not be a parasite to ANY ONE as long as you are healthy.

I heard some people complaining that their uncle is abroad and a doctor in big hospital yet he can't support their families bla bla. He has his life and other thing to worry about that you have zero clue about.

People that always complain someone didn't call them or check on them are entitled, parasites and most likely lazy.

You should be too busy focusing on your goals that you don't even know some called or not.

Na uncle born you. Lol. No mind them
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Savechild23: 11:38am On Apr 14, 2023
Life is filled with people taking advantage of good hearted fellas.

Many japa in order to stay away from family members who works so hard to kidnap them

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by wman(m): 11:52am On Apr 14, 2023
I didn't cut ties with anyone. But I reduced contact with some people due to unnecessary billing.

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Slurity(m): 11:58am On Apr 14, 2023
mariahAngel:
I can't even imagine cutting ties with my family.
I'm very fortunate to have a wonderful family.
good for you, some family are not what you can dream of having. The last time I saw my parent is 7 years ago. I have to run away from seeing their faces. Going home always feel like going to lion's den.

7 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by linearity: 12:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
Cypress042:
Any man that cuts tie with his family members is incomplete and like a dust in the desert.

It's not advisable.

I will take it that, you are not the breadwinner in that family and are not married, especially if you are a man!

Some families are pure evil, devil incarnate…na that time you go throughly understand what Jesus said…”….these here are my brothers and my sisters”.

If you are married focus on your Nuclear family and defend them and your wife against extended family members even your siblings.

Statistically and on average men grow olden and feeble more earlier than their wives and during that period when you can help yourself it is your wife and kids that will be there to attend to you until your last breath….Your siblings wouldn’t change your diaper, they wouldn’t give you a bath, they wouldn’t clean up after you shit, if they are s alive, they will be far away attending to their own husband or tackling their own old age the best way they can.

My dad today is very old, to a greater extent he needs help in many areas of his daily existence….guest what, none of his siblings are there to help with one single thing, it is my mother that shoulders all the responsibility. We the kids are far, we visit once in a while and support financially with everything but, it is mom that does the day to day stuff.

You many say, that is old day’s marriage and that ladies are not that loyal these days….but, that does not negate the fact that tomorrow your siblings wouldn’t be around and for a loyal wife, find one today and make sure you treat them with dignity and defend them, give them a reason to want to stand by you when you are old and feeble and one of that reason is by standing by them today, you can’t control what would happen tomorrow or if they will stand by you, just play your part today and leave the rest to God.

8 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Carlylepneuma: 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2023
Betrayal...
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Omolomo4eva(m): 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2023
Nothing, absolutely nothing
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by olaztek(m): 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
I will forever cut ties with any family member that want to see me go down.
My religion taught me to stay away from people that wish me bad.

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Ubdavis(m): 12:25pm On Apr 14, 2023
Extreme religious sentiments
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Shedrack777: 12:29pm On Apr 14, 2023
witch craft. once i find out that you belong to a dark kingdom or a blood sucker, i don but tie with you
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
Cypress042:
Any man that cuts tie with his family members is incomplete and like a dust in the desert.

It's not advisable.
Lies.
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Sweetvie: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
I don't wanna know.
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Elsueno: 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2023
Some distance....yes! cut ties.......No!
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by samcolee(m): 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
BadMus06:
I've been seeing and hearing different stories about anyone that's in a position to assist other family members neglect them.

Sometimes these people are not to be blamed as you might not hear their part of the story. They may be some underlying issues or redflags that such a person sees before deciding to disassociate his/herself from such family.

What can make you cut ties with your family members as the topic depicts.

I, my mum and other siblings were taken to court by our first son+uncles, I don't have plans of going back to that village and if I should make it I can't assist them again cos all what my mum worked for was taken away from her by the court which led to her quick demise few years ago. Till this moment I can't go to my own father's compound as the court said we don't have right to enter the property.

5 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Christipsy(m): 1:09pm On Apr 14, 2023
Greed , selfish interest n i want to help u nt knowing he want to enrich his porker cool N i have cut some remaining some
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Evestar200(f): 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
DARLINGTON869:

My dear, don't do pass yourself. If you get enough money to spare, give the pesin. If you can't, kindly explain to them. If the person understand or not, e no consign you again
I explained to him that i don't have now, and that anytime I have I will send him only for him to chat me weeks later saying "Na so you be".

Imagine, someone that knew that am the only one taking care of all my mother's expenses from the little salary that am getting.

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Elxandre(m): 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2023
VTJN:
some family are plain useless. Some are mainly after your pocket. What's your take on a family with 2 siblings. The first was a girl and got married to the man the family wasn't in support. She abandoned her family and follow this man for about 17 years without knowing how her family and sibling are fairing. Nothing concerned her with her family

Now tell me, if paradventure the brother make money and the married sister got to know about it and start trying to get close to her brother because he now has money

See family is not about blood related o. Some outsiders or friends are hundred percent far better than family

To me anyway, anyone who love you unconditionally and stood by you through thick and thin is your family
Why did they refuse her from marrying her husband?
Have they been cold to her cos she married "her choice"?
As much as I don't support neglecting family, can be difficult to judge without hearing the full story.
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by DSC7: 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
When dem use juju dey pursue u make u no get pass them....
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Huracan(m): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2023
False accusations, disloyalty and snitching

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by seglabsy(m): 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
DebbyChris:
Nothing, after God my family is my next priority.
thanks deborah

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by seglabsy(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2023
jimmychang:
My own father sold land that I suffered for years and gave him money to buy grin grin grin.My own dad oooh.People be like forgive him.I have forgiven but I can't forget.I no send am again.

My stepmom told me that I shouldn't put it at the back of my mind that I will inherit my dad's properties. grin grin.

My own sister never one day stood up for me,she betrayed me when we were kids. grin grin

My mum us late.

Tell me one reason why I shouldn't cut them off?

grin grin
o terrible
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by kestolove95(m): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2023
When you have a stupid brother that is bin control by his wife, you simply give him space
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by LeOTsGrand(m): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
In any family where there is no love, you can distance yourself from such family. Not to cut ties, just make yourself unavailable, keep your mouth shut, keep your winnings and progress to yourself. Any family where there is no love they can never be happy with your success. Hide your head 🗣️

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Sleekfingers: 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2023
BadMus06:
I've been seeing and hearing different stories about anyone that's in a position to assist other family members neglect them.

Sometimes these people are not to be blamed as you might not hear their part of the story. They may be some underlying issues or redflags that such a person sees before deciding to disassociate his/herself from such family.

What can make you cut ties with your family members as the topic depicts.

Absolutely nothing can make my cut ties with my family. No matter what.
I remember, years back . When my wife was showing attitude to my step mum, anytime she come to my house , to stay for some days. I warned her seriously , that nobody can break the tie between my step mum and l, including her.

2 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by seglabsy(m): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2023
samcolee:

I, my mum and other siblings were taken to court by our first son+uncles, I don't have plans of going back to that village and if I should make it I can't assist them again cos all what my mum worked for was taken away from her by the court which led to her quick demise few years ago. Till this moment I can't go to my own father's compound as the court said we don't have right to enter the property.
pls is ur dad dead?and are u not one of his son?
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by Neddstark: 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2023
A man's enemies shall be members of his own household.

4 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by juman(m): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
Family members with toxic behavior.
Flee and flee away from them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by VTJN(m): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
Niwdog:
for the past 17 years she left
You guys didn't bother to check on her
Why?
we live far apart. We always try to reach her through phone but she seems so cold towards our gesture. I don't know if it was guilty conscience or not supporting her family in any little way she can

We later accepted her choice of man though but i seems don't know why she chose to desert her family. She and her husband.
Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by hansomb: 2:56pm On Apr 14, 2023
VTJN:

it's her life, why will the family oppose her marriage? And it seems she's doing well. Money is not everything, don't think if you have money she will look for you. You look for her and make peace.

2 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members by hansomb: 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
Evestar200:
Entitlement Mentality

One is even beefing me for not sending him money

Me that is managing grin >:
Show him your account balance then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.