Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,537 members, 7,847,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:10 PM

Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? (3708 Views)

I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Should I Divorce My Wife? / Should I divorce my wife for this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2023
Persephone1:
k
Please check it to see this for your own self abeg! Below you'll find all the references to divorce in the teachings of Jesus Christ — taken from all 4 Gospels. undecided

Matthew 5 vs 31 - 32
31 “It was also said, ‘Any man who divorces his wife must give her a written notice of divorce.’
32 But I tell you that any man who divorces his wife, except for the problem of sexual sin, is causing his wife to be guilty of adultery. And whoever marries a divorced woman is guilty of adultery. - Matthew 5 vs 31 - 32
Matthew 19 vs 7 - 9
7 The Pharisees asked, “Then why did Moses give a command allowing a man to divorce his wife by writing a certificate of divorce?”
8 Jesus answered, “Moses allowed you to divorce your wives because you refused to accept God’s teaching. But divorce was not allowed in the beginning.
9 I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for the problem of sexual sin, and marries another woman is guilty of adultery.” - Matthew 19 vs 7 - 9
Mark 10 vs 10- 12
10 Later, when the followers and Jesus were in the house, they asked him again about the question of divorce. 
11 He said, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman has sinned against his wife. He is guilty of adultery. 
12  And the woman who divorces her husband and marries another man is also guilty of adultery.” - Mark 10 vs 10- 12
Luke 16 vs 18
18 “Any man who divorces his wife and marries another woman is guilty of adultery. And the man who marries a divorced woman is also guilty of adultery.” - Luke 16 vs 18
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Please check it to see this for your own self abeg! Below you'll find all the references to divorce in the teachings of Jesus Christ — taken from all 4 Gospels. undecided

Matthew 5 vs 31 - 32

Matthew 19 vs 7 - 9

Mark 10 vs 10- 12

Luke 16 vs 18

What's the topic about? Adultery?
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Kobojunkiee: 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2023
Persephone1:
What's the topic about? Adultery?
The name given by Jesus Christ to the sin committed in each case he highlighted in the above passages is adultery. If the topic had indeed been adultery, I would have had to include Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 in the collection. But since we are on the subject of divorce and sin, I didn't include Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 because it applies as well to all including the unmarried. undecided
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
The name given by Jesus Christ to the sin committed in each case he highlighted in the above passages is adultery. If the topic had indeed been adultery, I would have had to include Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 in the collection. But since we are on the subject of divorce and sin, I didn't include Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 because it applies as well to all including the unmarried. undecided
Whatever you believe Kobo, you are right

Persephone1:
[i]As a Christian, she is not to divorce her husband. Separation (which isn't divorce) in Christianity is based on "adultery" and "threat to life". God does not support divorce and really divorcing on health is a big question on a christain's faith.

But this remain. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Kobojunkiee: 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2023
Persephone1:
■ Whatever you believe Kobo, you are right
■ But this remain. kiss
1. What I obviously believe is Jesus Christ and since He is God's Truth, He is right. undecided

2. Oh, I completely understand your refusal to give up on the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and mogs which you hold to. I simply wanted to make clear that your belief has nothing to do with scripture. undecided
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by efficiencie(m): 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Look, is there some reason why a man can't exercise her right as a human same as a man can? undecided

Oh so a man can divorce for no reason and women too should be able to do the same, abi? You are still not answering the question. Why are people getting married at all if divorce can happen at anytime for literally no reason whatsoever. So if men dey mumu women too must have the right to mumu as well. Equality and equity are dumb concepts particularly when they are conceived without any recourse to morality.
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2023
efficiencie:
■ Oh so a man can divorce for no reason and women too should be able to do the same, abi?
■ You are still not answering the question. Why are people getting married at all if divorce can happen at anytime for literally no reason whatsoever.
■ So if men dey mumu women too must have the right to mumu as well.

■ Equality and equity are dumb concepts particularly when they are conceived without any recourse to morality.
1. Yes! undecided

2. Because there is no law against them doing just that. undecided

3. Pretty much, if your conclusion is that only mumu's get a divorce where the law allows it. undecided

4. Morality as defined in your head there or as it in fact should apply to all? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Friend Is Having An Affair With Her Sister's Husband / Advise Please! My Friend's New Wife From Nigeria Is Tearing Us Apart! / Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.