Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria (39650 Views)

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ttoyetade: 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
flokii:
@OP You are very okay and sound.. that's the simple truth.
It's better to stay in your country where you have privileges than to travel out and be living as second class or third class citizen.

Some left their well-paying office jobs in Nigeria to go and be packing shlt under guise of "care givers" and be washing toilets all in the name of japa.

Most innocent blacks are in jails abroad simply because of their skin colour.. everyone automatically believes that they are guilty including the supposed learned judges and judicial system there.

Too many cons with the japa bullcrap. As they say, experience is the best teacher. It's when they get there that they know wat's up.

I have noticed this trend of the so called "proud to japa" geng opening youtube channels to disturb our peace.. they always have one story or complain to share.
You only hear all these ones that rarely happens to any hardworking Nigerians who japa. You don't get to hear some very nice chap doing well out there in Europe and Americas. I japa more than 20 years ago and it has been a very great transformation. Nigeria is a dead end and not the best place to spend all your life. If you have the means or the ambition, it is better to make hay while the sun is still shining instead of being wasted away by some bad leaders

7 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

But not as a bad aa having half of your yearly earnings go into tax. A friend earn $78K having $27k go into tax.

That is about 30% which isn't so different from what people that earn that much in Nigeria pay in taxes. It also includes both your pension contribution and retirement savings and you get back a portion of your taxes paid in tax returns. So, I do not get why you think the person is paying so much in taxes.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Spiff20(m): 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
i was an auditor in Nigeria lol. Keke men at Ajah pay 3k as at November last when i came to 9ja. He will still pay owner of the keke. Take home for him after fuel 2k to 3k. But ignorant people will say no taxes in Nigeria hahaha
Sometimes I wonder what you guys abroad are doing on nairaland. The grass is greener where you are, life is sweet, you are in heaven, earning well, living in the saner clime, what exactly are you doing in nairaland arguing and trying to drive home points about Japa or no Japa. Abi na boredom de worry una?

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 4:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

It all depends my dear. If your family is rich and you have no worries at home. Outside is better

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
its human nature to complain. There are rich people with money and connections who still complain in Nigeria. Meanwhile people below them envy them. Stop comparing yourself with Americans. They have never been to isolo general hospital for treatment before
You people always think they all have it all over there no suffer and everything there is free.
If you don’t have money you won’t have good healthcare they will end up in isolo general hospital type over there too. That why you need make this money 💴

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Jungpablo: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

I have travelled out of this country for official purposes but the thought of remaining outside Nigeria never occurred to me. And don't think I'm talking about African countries o, I mean Europe and Asia.

I'm used to Nigeria o, things outside Nigeria aren't just okay for me. Religion, food, traditions and the "Everyone for himself" things in Europe don't just appeal to me.

Money? I swear I can't abandon my relations in Nigeria just to go search for money. What exactly will the money be used for at the end of the day? Besides, death can come anytime, even while searching for the money.

Good living? What does that even mean? Ogbeni, you have to pay for all those good facilities directly or indirectly, nothing is free. So I take life easy, infact, very easy.

I'm just okay with my little earning here in Nigeria. At least, I pay my bills comfortably. Life is too short.
I know you’re lying but continue.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:
I have the resources to travel to any country of my choice whenever I want but I keep asking myself what am I going there to do now am 32?
When will I start up my own family?
Send my children one of the best schools in the city or town I am living because I know Nigerians abroad don’t send their kids to best school just normal community school over there . Each time I think of that menh traveling will just weak me. I put visa 2016 after paying 150k to the agent I gave up my friend we did the same is in Turkey now no ne difference sha.

You don't have to display this level of ignorance in the public space. It will do you good to read and understand the education system of the West before making comments as this.

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2023
You are into business?
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nahunger(m): 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2023
Finestgurlie:
come and marry me
Why? 😏
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Thortp(m): 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
There's a way lazy and poor people console themselves. Hmmmm
ednut1:
So what should we now do Beg you to change your mind

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
sonature1:
The only person who should have this senseless thought is someone who is well-establsihed in this country. If not, every young person should be looking for legit ways of leaving this country.

When you have made money, you come back, join politics and be the change you seek. Nigeria is a country where evil, sit-tight politicians don't care about others, especially young people.
I follow you to hell.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 5:11pm On Apr 20, 2023
Jungpablo:
I know you’re lying but continue.
Living to him is shutting down folks who want change in Nigeria. Meanwhile the evil politicians he is supporting have their children abroad.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
Spiff20:
Sometimes I wonder what you guys abroad are doing on nairaland. The grass is greener where you are, life is sweet, you are in heaven, earning well, living in the saner clime, what exactly are you doing in nairaland arguing and trying to drive home points about Japa or no Japa. Abi na boredom de worry una?
how many people abroad dey travel section Me i been on nairaland since 2006. Helped me survive admission, during NYSC, During Job search, also got japa tips here. Me i am mostly here to share information, help and also catch cruise. Na bad thing I dey work currently and still dey read nairaland. grin

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by boxypane(m): 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

I'm with you.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Juju70(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2023
Abroad is not for everyone! Kapish
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Kaybaba5(m): 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:

Help me ask am abeg
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by oilyngbati(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
Spiff20:
Na boredom dey worry most, if not all of them. Feel pity for them, they’re are emotionally and mentally damaged. The reality of loneliness, even those with family, face over there makes them unnecessarily angry and aggressive against Nigeria. The food they eat there also contribute to their demeanour. Imagine eaten genetically modified foods, for the next 20-30 yrs, what do you think will happen to such a person’s psyche? grin

Some are on food stamps, welfare and government housing, so they don’t really need to work much to pay bills, as their rent maybe like $33 per month. So they have all the time in the world to still argue about the country they hate so much, instead of focusing on their new found country. wink grin

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by JustCurious: 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2023
Olorun maje ki Iya mo yan lara… #JustSaying.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by qtguru(m): 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

You could get a second passport and reside in Nigeria. That's an alternative

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Quebec91(m): 6:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
cheesy
ednut1:

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Kenn55: 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2023
Spiff20:

Wao! I'm seeing envy in your post. The question should be directed to you. This is travel section. It is mainly for those who reside abroad to share their tips and experience and those in Nigeria who intend to travel to get some valuable information.

People in Nigeria who don't like abroad or don't have any intention to travel shouldn't be on this travel section. When I was in that category, I didn't come into Travel section, it was a waste of time to me,I only started checking the travel section when I became interested to travel.

So why are millionaires like you who are comfortable in Nigeria and are not interested in traveling abroad doing in the travel section? Why should you guys bother about people packing shit abroad and be arguing about life abroad like it is your business?
Please answer

9 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by iamjavadem(m): 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2023
Same here. I can watch movies, play games and work from home.
Lamanii22:

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2023
shocked
Finestgurlie:
come and marry me

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2023
This is trashy talk.

How's she lazy and poor with the mindset of not settling (comfortable) outside Nigeria?

Are you saying those outside are doing better than those in the country?
Thortp:
There's a way lazy and poor people console themselves. Hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
Truth is, it is the poor and average Nigerians that really work towards leaving Nigeria.
I for one has everything required to leave Nigeria, but I ain’t going nowhere

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

I’m 100% with you
I’m enjoying Nigeria 100%
There is nothing I want that I don’t have.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by FIZZBEE: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
the Europeans also left their own continent and went to Americans, Australia, Africa, south east asia, india and the likes. Why did not stay in their continent They went on to steal resources, technology, humans( slaves ) etc to build their own civilization. The winter you are talking about self is not all year round. December to February is the winter period in places like Ontario. I went to the beach today. We have poor leadership. And the leaders and elite are hell bent to maintaining the status quo. Are you ready to partake in a revolution
Yes we're ready
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2023
GboyegaD:

You don't have to display this level of ignorance in the public space. It will do you good to read and understand the education system of the West before making comments as this.

As long as you are not an Ivy League graduate you will still live paycheck to paycheck unless you are lucky enough.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ogbe88(m): 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

I have travelled out of this country for official purposes but the thought of remaining outside Nigeria never occurred to me. And don't think I'm talking about African countries o, I mean Europe and Asia.

I'm used to Nigeria o, things outside Nigeria aren't just okay for me. Religion, food, traditions and the "Everyone for himself" things in Europe don't just appeal to me.

Money? I swear I can't abandon my relations in Nigeria just to go search for money. What exactly will the money be used for at the end of the day? Besides, death can come anytime, even while searching for the money.

Good living? What does that even mean? Ogbeni, you have to pay for all those good facilities directly or indirectly, nothing is free. So I take life easy, infact, very easy.

I'm just okay with my little earning here in Nigeria. At least, I pay my bills comfortably. Life is too short.
U are clown, with your 30k monthly pay defending this govt. U are not well.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
oilyngbati:
Na boredom dey worry most, if not all of them. Feel pity for them, they’re are emotionally and mentally damaged. The reality of loneliness, even those with family, face over there makes them unnecessarily angry and aggressive against Nigeria. The food they eat there also contribute to their demeanour. Imagine eaten genetically modified foods, for the next 20-30 yrs, what do you think will happen to such a person’s psyche? grin

Some are on food stamps, welfare and government housing, so they don’t really need to work much to pay bills, as their rent maybe like $33 per month. So they have all the time in the world to still argue about the country they hate so much, instead of focusing on their new found country. wink grin
No worries. To your tent Oh Israel grin
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

As long as you are not an Ivy League graduate you will still live paycheck to paycheck unless you are lucky enough.

Unfortunately, you are as ignorant as your post and I do not think there is/are reasons to debate this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Journalist Colin Freeman And A Nigerian Hotel (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.