Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping (4504 Views)

Private School Teachers, How Have You Guys Been Coping? / How Are Coping With Current Normal Way Of Life? / Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by mizzhathaway: 3:59pm On Apr 16, 2023
Happy Sunday people
It's funny to me myself that I'm here to rant about Biros, but really this is coming from a place of frustration. Do you all know how annoying it is to spend money on Biros almost every two days??! Biros these days are just absolutely terrible. You buy a new shiny biro, Avanti and co.. some with strange names sef, use it for one day and the next day, this apparently full inked biro is unconscious.
I don't understand, my purse is always filled with new and dead Biros, lol.
It wasn't until I had to borrow a Biro in a test I decided I was done. I sought out Bic, I remembered using it briefly in secondary school and I also did a mini impromptu campaign for them when they visited my school then, being the SP, I found myself campaigning for a Biro I never even used, I was given some afterwards and I used it well.
Now I'm back to Bic, and you guys, this is the second week now and here I am still writing with my beloved Biro. Goodbye to fake Biros. Lol

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by dawnomike(m): 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2023
mizzhathaway:
Happy Sunday people
It's funny to me myself that I'm here to rant about Biros, but really this is coming from a place of frustration. Do you all know how annoying it is to spend money on Biros almost every two days??! Biros these days are just absolutely terrible. You buy a new shiny biro, Avanti and co.. some with strange names sef, use it for one day and the next day, this apparently full inked biro is unconscious.
I don't understand, my purse is always filled with new and dead Biros, lol.
It wasn't until I had to borrow a Biro in a test I decided I was done. I sought out Bic, I remembered using it briefly in secondary school and I also did a mini impromptu campaign for them when they visited my school then, being the SP, I found myself campaigning for a Biro I never even used, I was given some afterwards and I used it well.
Now I'm back to Bic, and you guys, this is the second week now and here I am still writing with my beloved Biro. Goodbye to fake Biros. Lol
BIC in those days was the real deal as against eleganza biros that usually spilled ink. Then came Reynolds pen and others!!!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by budaatum: 4:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
I have to send my cousin a pack of 50 1.0m black bics every so often. He prefers them to the 0.5m made in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by Keegan: 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2023
budaatum:
I have to send my cousin a pack of 50 1.0m 1.0mm black bics every so often. He prefers them to the 0.5m 0.5mm made in Nigeria.

Try Rotring Ballpoint Pen, it can never fail you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by kkins25(m): 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
I never thought I'd see people with preference for a particular pen sha.. As someone who narrowly escape gen Z, how I wan chuke mouth for this matter.... Incase I offend person, abeg, BIC was bad during my time. Either it kept seizing or was over flowing with ink.. There's a particular one with bright blue colour, the tip is a bit "pointier" than bic.. it was also slightly more costly...

I ain't gon lie sha, I saw a thread of old school stuff and it hurt a bit that I could relate to them.. grin grin
I wish I was gen z

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by budaatum: 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2023
Keegan:

They'd sure be better than my 1m pen I guess. Lol grin.
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by clockwisereport: 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2023
budaatum:
I have to send my cousin a pack of 50 1.0m black bics every so often. He prefers them to the 0.5m made in Nigeria.

Of all the things to send your cousin in Nigeria, it is ballpoint pen that you settled for.

No mind me, I want pull your leg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by CodeTemplar: 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2023
Bic used to be the bomb but not so strong any longer. Though it is still king in Nigerian market.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by budaatum: 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2023
clockwisereport:

Of all the things to send your cousin in Nigeria, it is ballpoint pen that you settled for.

No mind me, I want pull your legs

You don't expect me to post a list do you, or a list of what my cousin sends me where I am?

My leg is pulled.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by Yohans(m): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2023
I find it hard to use any other pen if it's not bic.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by gassbee: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2023
If it is not bic, i no dey buy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by Alexistaiwoo: 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2023
I guess you are 1994.... You are the bridge between the analogue and digital social media age.... Be proud of yourself.... You can relate with any set of people, that is, if you are enlightened sha.
kkins25:
I never thought I'd see people with preference for a particular pen sha.. As someone who narrowly escape gen Z, how I wan chuke mouth for this matter.... Incase I offend person, abeg, BIC was bad during my time. Either it kept seizing or was over flowing with ink.. There's a particular one with bright blue colour, the tip is a bit "pointier" than bic.. it was also slightly more costly...

I ain't gon lie sha, I saw a thread of old school stuff and it hurt a bit that I could relate to them.. grin grin
I wish I was gen z
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by ghettochild(m): 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2023
dawnomike:
BIC in those days was the real deal as against eleganza biros that usually spilled ink. Then came Reynolds pen and others!!!

My brother u Sabi oooo.. u just brought bck memories.. I remember when Reynolds took over..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by clockwisereport: 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2023
budaatum:

You don't expect me to post a list do you, or a list of what my cousin sends me where I am?

My leg is pulled.

Baba, I dey joke. No carry am for heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by budaatum: 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
clockwisereport:

Baba, I dey joke. No carry am for heart

Na only leg you pull, not heart. It means you dey joke.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by clockwisereport: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2023
budaatum:

Na only leg you pull, not heart. It means you dey joke.

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by Olatara(f): 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
Keegan:

Rotring BP is good too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by Kaido: 9:09pm On Apr 16, 2023
budaatum:

This is my favourite, and it got to be black. My classmates know me with this pen grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by LordIsaac(m): 9:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
Dollar pen all the way grin
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by mizzhathaway: 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2023
kkins25:

I wish I was gen z
Lol
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by mizzhathaway: 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2023
clockwisereport:

No mind me, I want pull your legs
See me laughing here..lolz
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by EriMma1: 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2023
Does Bic still exist?

I remember those days Bic used to be more expensive and so when other yeye pen came out, people jumped on their bandwagon and it spoilt business for Bic which made them go off the market. I didn't know Bic is still in existence.

What we get now are different pens that don't last up to a week and feels so hard on paper and even tears paper sometimes.

Bic was my dad's favorite. I love Bic cos it's very smooth on paper. Good old Bic.
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by mizzhathaway: 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2023
ghettochild:

My brother u Sabi oooo.. u just brought bck memories.. I remember when Reynolds took over..
I've not even heard of this Reynolds
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by hucknall: 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2023
Magna by Avanti works for me tho. You guys must have bent fingers

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by mizzhathaway: 9:30pm On Apr 16, 2023
hucknall:
Magna by Avanti works for me tho. You guys must have bent fingers
Reduce the violence bro 😂

Fr tho,those Avanti biros are just like gambling
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by Omoluabi16(m): 10:19pm On Apr 16, 2023
Too many substandard pen out there with multicolor head. Like the O.p complained, even with a full ink some of those new brand will fail or write or be breaking. Bic biro was and will always be the best.

I remember eleganza, Reynolds and one other biro where you switch between green, blue, black and red.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Law Of "See Finish" / Waec Gce Technical Drawing Past Questions and answers. / SSCE (WAEC Nigeria) 2005 Prayer Requests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.