Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping (4511 Views)

Private School Teachers, How Have You Guys Been Coping? / How Are Coping With Current Normal Way Of Life? / Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by emorse(m): 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2023
EriMma1:
Does Bic still exist?

I remember those days Bic used to be more expensive and so when other yeye pen came out, people jumped on their bandwagon and it spoilt business for Bic which made them go off the market. I didn't know Bic is still in existence.

What we get now are different pens that don't last up to a week and feels so hard on paper and tears paper sometimes.

Bic was my dad's favorite. I love Bic cos it's very smooth on paper. Good old Bic.
I'm friggin shocked myself cos it's been years since I last set my eyes on one. Over a decade even.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by babz11(m): 12:40am On Apr 17, 2023
Bic no dey make my hand writing fine,
Click like for Eleganza share for Bic

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by etrange: 12:57am On Apr 17, 2023
I've not written anything with pen in a very long time. I wonder what my writing would look like now. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by Joclebs(m): 2:07am On Apr 17, 2023
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by Stone03: 2:15am On Apr 17, 2023
budaatum:
I have to send my cousin a pack of 50 1.0m black bics every so often. He prefers them to the 0.5m made in Nigeria.

Honestly, I prefer 0.5m biros

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by dazzlingd(m): 2:37am On Apr 17, 2023
Good old days.
Bic vs eleganza was like Ronaldo vs messi in those days.

I used bic all through
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by budaatum: 2:51am On Apr 17, 2023
kkins25:
I never thought I'd see people with preference for a particular pen sha.. As someone who narrowly escape gen Z, how I wan chuke mouth for this matter.... Incase I offend person, abeg, BIC was bad during my time. Either it kept seizing or was over flowing with ink.. There's a particular one with bright blue colour, the tip is a bit "pointier" than bic.. it was also slightly more costly...

I ain't gon lie sha, I saw a thread of old school stuff and it hurt a bit that I could relate to them.. grin grin
I wish I was gen z

Naija Bic was bad in my time too. I dumped it early in secondary school and used Papermate parent got from work.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by TheGreatIYANU: 4:14am On Apr 17, 2023
lol.... omo! How many people did BIC pay?! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by PrinceofSarcasm: 5:45am On Apr 17, 2023
ghettochild:

My brother u Sabi oooo.. u just brought bck memories.. I remember when Reynolds took over..

Reynolds never took over they only threatened the market when bic had a sudden deep in quality . But even then Reynolds quality was marginally better at best
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by PrinceofSarcasm: 5:46am On Apr 17, 2023
budaatum:

Naija Bic was bad in my time too. I dumped it early in secondary school and used Papermate parent got from work.

Papermate was good then, I think the pink variant colour was the one most common in the market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by omokudu(m): 6:09am On Apr 17, 2023
Is schneider pen a joke to you guys? schneider pen was my best tho

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by MrBroke(m): 6:12am On Apr 17, 2023
People still use biros and book grin
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by Collins4u1(m): 6:13am On Apr 17, 2023
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by virginchaser(m): 7:32am On Apr 17, 2023
omokudu:
Is schneider pen a joke to you guys? schneider pen was my best tho

I got introduced to schneider pen by my office babe 15 years ago and this made me dropped bic. I however re-introduced bic to my kids.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by EriMma1: 8:32am On Apr 17, 2023
emorse:

I'm friggin shocked myself cos it's been years since I last set my eyes on one. Over a decade even.

I don't really believe it's still in the market.
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by EriMma1: 8:36am On Apr 17, 2023
etrange:
I've not written anything with pen in a very long time. I wonder what my writing would look like now. Lol.

Why? You be bricklayer? grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by EriMma1: 8:40am On Apr 17, 2023
MrBroke:
People still use biros and book grin

Ah ah.. see question.

Students
Teachers
Bankers ( even Emefiele)
Ministrys and organisations use paper and biros. What are you now saying?
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by traihit: 8:40am On Apr 17, 2023
I don't know what happened to Leo Smart though.

When Bic started misbehaving and Eleganza wasn't that available, Leo Smart came to the rescue. All of a sudden, it couldn't be found in tje market again. Then you have this Avanti and all the other useless pen that are now in the market.

I still prefer Bic for now though but I hardly use pen to warrant sticking to Bic.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by demanuel(m): 8:41am On Apr 17, 2023
budaatum:
I have to send my cousin a pack of 50 1.0m black bics every so often. He prefers them to the 0.5m made in Nigeria.
This is a wierd request, but how can I get this? The blue, black, and red
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by DonBenny77(m): 9:07am On Apr 17, 2023
I remember that funny myth about elegabza ink in water producing mamiwater......lol
Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by MrBroke(m): 9:20am On Apr 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Ah ah.. see question.

Students
Teachers
Bankers ( even Emefiele)
Ministrys and organisations use paper and biros. What are you now saying?

No mind me grin it's kind of strange to me

Just saying cause i haven't in a long long time, gat Notes on every smartphone, which is faster and safer with cloud storage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Not Using Bic, I Don't Know How You Are Coping by blazepascal(m): 9:23am On Apr 17, 2023
So many fake pen out here this days ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ever Wondered Who The First Professor In The World Was? / 8 Of The Most Mysterious People Of All Time / These Children Were Seen At A Business Center Forging Their SSCE Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.