Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? (6151 Views)

My Argument For God's Existence. / My Argument For God's Existence / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

I will use an example of how God deals with us to answer your first question.

Right now, I am saved but if I later backslide, I will go to hell.

What took me to hell? My decision did and not God.

Did God know I was going to hell?

Yes but with a clause. He knows I will go to hell if I reject Christ and he knows I will make heaven if I accept Christ and remain faithful.

So, our destiny is dependent more on our decisions than God's foreknowledge.

So, what God does is that he gives each of us an opportunity to be saved. If you accept it, you will be saved, if you reject it, you will be damned.

In the same sense, when he created Lucifer, he knew Lucifer will continue to enjoy his good status and glory if he remains faithful and he also knew he will be judged if he disobeyed.

So, Lucifer was given the opportunity to choose his own destiny. It will be wrong for God to say I won't create Lucifer because I know he will rebel. He gives everyone an opportunity to choose his destiny.

It's just like saying that I will not send my child to school because I know he will fail. You have to give your child a benefit of doubt that he will pass.

Dude! Really?
Do you have an idea what omniscient means? <Facepalm>
It means he knew what Lucifer would be and how he'll tempt humans to hell. HE KNOWS!
So if he knows, how did he give Lucifer to choose his own destiny? How? Do you know what destiny means? Yahweh already knows the choice Lucifer would take and how it'll pan out.
Its different from a man that knows his child would be bullied in school. In this scenario, the man isn't 100% sure but he hopes the child wouldn't be bullied. If he sees a school where bullying is well known to happen, and he walks in and sees big children beating up small children, then he'll be a sadist to send his kid there. This is a human that has no fore-knowldege which is a privilege yahweh has

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 11:35am On Apr 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

The serpent certainly spoke in language that Eve understood.

On why we have other creeping animals apart from snake that creeps on their belly, I don't know.

I certainly don't know everything. Whether they were accomplices or God created them that way, I don't know.

But what I believe is that the devil spoke through the serpent.

We have at least another occasion that a donkey spoke.

So, it's possible for animals to speak but it's unusual.
How come animals have shut since the time of the bible, yahweh doesn't speak to people again and doesn't throw down manna?
What happened?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36am On Apr 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

I hope it wouldn’t be too late by the time you find out he's your Lord

You don't want to leave it too late. shocked

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 11:40am On Apr 19, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Yahweh worshipper, have you ever look up on the origin of the word “hell”?
Iesus chrestus in your New Testament is a jew he spoke aramaic/hebrew. What’s hell in his language?
Your hell(Gehenna) is in south of Jerusalem bwahahahaha

Yahweh worshippers when brahma worshippers are right.
And that’s just one out of the other thousand religions. You are going to someone’s hell in his own religion.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by KnownUnknown: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

There’s a monster under your bed!! Run now, you don’t want to leave it too late shocked

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 11:50am On Apr 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Your third question is like asking why a teacher would set a question when he knows that some students will fail the exam.

Every human is a student before God and we must be tested to prove our loyalty to God.

And the result of the test could go either way. If Adam had not eaten of the forbidden tree, we will not be asking this question.

Jesus who came as the last Adam was also tested. But he passed the test. What if Jesus had failed the test? We all would have been doomed. So, God did not exempt Jesus from the test as the test is a basic requirement to know our loyalty to him.

God expected Adam to pass the test. But Adam failed. And he knew what he would do if he failed.

Creating the world without that tree is like establishing an institution without examination. So, it's God's established principle and ways of testing our loyalty.
Oh Fvck! <big facepalm>
1. A teacher is not omniscient. He doesn't know how many students would fail, even though he knows some would fail the exams. And he's testing for level of knowledge of his students.
Did Yahweh create Satan? Yes.
Did he know he's gonna be the devil and make man fall? Yup!
Does Yahweh know man would fail the Serpent's test? Hell yeah!
So why create Satan and still plant the tree of knowledge?! undecided

Another scenario…
Did yhwh know man would sin? Yup!
So he saw they still sinned and he acted to be surprised, and drowned the whole damned world in the great flood(after they all succumbed to the monster he knowingly created)
Then man restarted procreation again and still sinned, and yahweh again acted surprised, so he sent his son to be killed? Next question, if he knew man was gonna sin again after the flood, why drown them in the first instance? Why not send your son to die instead of drowning everyone?
He even said he regretted creating man. An omniscient god regretting? How?
2. Jesus is a god, has many powers, powers
poor Adam doesn't have. How can you compare him to Adam?
If a teacher knew the exact number and the identity of his students that would fail his exams, why conduct it?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 11:51am On Apr 19, 2023
Maynman:
I don’t think teachers are omniscience.
What is the need for a test when you already know the exact score of each individual before they were born?
Exactly

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Exactly

My guy, you see why Jehovah witnesses claim yahweh is not omnipotent and omniscience, they’ve seen the loopholes.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 11:53am On Apr 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Someone has to die to redeem mankind because it's the blood that makes atonement for sins.

There is no short cut.

This is why the blood of animals were used for atonement before Jesus came. But the blood of animals could not take away the sins of mankind because it's not the same value as the man that nerds redemption. It only covered their sins for a one year period. And the sacrifice had to be repeated yearly.

But the blood of Jesus washed away our sins for eternity. He met the demand of justice.

If I am owing you a certain amount of money, it's either I pay you that money or it's equivalent. You won't accept anything less.

The life of the flesh is in the blood. And the penalty for sin is dead. So for the guilty to go free, someone has to die in his place. And this is what Jesus did for us. He died in our place. In the mind of divine justice, we are all legally free. But you will only enjoy that freedom if you believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

If you reject Jesus, you have only agree to pay it yourself and that will automatically end you in the pit of hell. I don't think you will want to go to hell. The punishment there is unbearable.

Why not give your life to Christ and deliver your soul from that horrible place.
Redeem mankind from the wrath of an omnibenevolent god? Why can't he forgive?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 11:55am On Apr 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Thank God you made a distinction between the Bible God and Allah of Mohammed. So, you know that Allah is not God. The question now is that who is superior to who and who are you supposed to listen to?

The very words of Mohammed betrayed him. He said in Quran 46:9 that he is not sure of what will become of him nor of those who follow him. He conclude that he is just a messenger.

Compare his statement with that of Jesus. Jesus said, 'I am the way, the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father except through him - John 14:6.

Jesus also said that; 'God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life - John 3:16.

There are many other statement Jesus made that affirmed he was not an ordinary man. On certain occasions, he claimed pre existence. At a few other times, he claimed equality with God.

Most importantly, he lived a life that was flawless.

Mohammed did not live a flawless life.

Jesus willingly died on the cross.

Muhammad did not die for anyone. Rather, he killed those who rejected him and forced them to embrace Islam.

Jesus died and rose again. Mohammed is still in his tomb.

Jesus appeared to many after his resurrection.

No one knows where Mohammed went to.

Jesus promised he is coming back to take us to heaven.

Mohammed never made any such promises.

If you have two options to choose from. With the credentials of Jesus and Mohammed laid side by side, no wise person will choose Mohammed over Jesus.

Please, be sincere to yourself, Mohammad is just a self acclaimed Prophet. He does not have the approval of any other known Prophet.

Jesus was approved by John the Baptist.

Prophets of old spoke about Jesus years before his birth. They even gave specific prophecies which came to pass.

God himself spoke from heaven twice and confirmed Jesus to be his Son.

Please, give your life to Jesus. He is alive to guarantee you destiny.
Do you wanna discuss the fvck ups in the bible? It'll take all day. The bible is the most contradictory and barefaced lie filled book on earth. Believe me, you dont want to know the pitfalls there

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 11:56am On Apr 19, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Fallen man is a victim of the disobedience of the first Adam. This is why the last Adam Jesus came to free us. The choice is yours either to remain under condemnation or receive the liberty that is in Christ alone.
Obviously Jesus and Adam are different humans. Stop muddying the water.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 11:58am On Apr 19, 2023
Maynman:

Yahweh worshipper what are you saying?
Are you saying your loving god needs blood as a requirement for atonement?
What’s an omnipotent god doing with blood of animals and man?

The blood of animals were atone to yahweh and devil?
And now that jesus blood was used, who was it atoned to, is it yahweh or devil?
Are you saying yahweh sent his own child so that he can kill his own child to use his blood to atone for your sins before yahweh can forgive you?
What kind of blood fetish does your creator for?
Yahweh sent his own son to die to save the world from himself(yahweh). Its simple

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

You also forgot you'll burn in the hells of Allah, Thor, Brahma etc. That's a lot of hells bro grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2023
Maynman:

My guy, you see why Jehovah witnesses claim yahweh is not omnipotent and omniscience, they’ve seen the loopholes.
Those ones came the loopholes, dodged and entered a worse loophole

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2023
Maynman:
I don’t think teachers are omniscience.
What is the need for a test when you already know the exact score of each individual before they were born?

God's Omniscience!

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2023
KnownUnknown:

There’s a monster under your bed!! Run now, you don’t want to leave it too late shocked

Guess why God made the Ostrich? cheesy

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

God's Omniscience!
So your teacher analogy is flawed, yahweh worshipper.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Those ones came the loopholes, dodged and entered a worse loophole

You gerrit.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yahweh sent his own son to die to save the world from himself(yahweh). Its simple

bwahahahah
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2023
Maynman:

So your teacher analogy is flawed, yahweh worshipper.

So said the atheist who thought he was smart. shocked

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

So said the atheist who thought he was smart. shocked

So said the theist that chose a dummy storm god as his creator and a dead jewish man as his saviour. shocked

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Ignorance. Are apes and monkeys are different animals. I guess its a waste of time teaching a thick headed theist like you basic biology

Man is not a beast.... undecided

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Man is not a beast.... undecided

Who created man's nature?
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by jaephoenix(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2023
Maynman:

Who created man's nature?
We were made in the image and likeness of yahweh

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

You also forgot you'll burn in the hells of Allah, Thor, Brahma etc. That's a lot of hells bro grin

Still talking yourself into the ground. cool

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Ken4Christ: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Obviously Jesus and Adam are different humans. Stop muddying the water.

Jesus is the last Adam according to the scripture. Jesus started a new race of people destined for glory land.

The first Adam started a race destined for destruction.

So, choose which Adam to follow.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Ken4Christ: 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Do you wanna discuss the fvck ups in the bible? It'll take all day. The bible is the most contradictory and barefaced lie filled book on earth. Believe me, you dont want to know the pitfalls there

Please, I want to. I can assure you that their are no pitfalls.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Who/What is God? Let's begin with this

Jesus is God. smiley

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Ken4Christ: 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

Redeem mankind from the wrath of an omnibenevolent god? Why can't he forgive?

The demand of justice must be met.

He will be unjust to cut corners.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Ken4Christ: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

How come animals have shut since the time of the bible, yahweh doesn't speak to people again and doesn't throw down manna?
What happened?

God still speaks to us through the Holy Spirit. Most of the time, it's through a still small voice in your heart. But this is for those who are born again.
Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2023
Maynman:

A Sango worshipper is a theist like you.
Yahweh doesn’t mind as long as you worship a deity? cheesy

And the dead human body will go to heaven?
Yahweh worshipper, Just look at this picture and see the absurdity lol, old white man with beards bwahahahahah

I worship Jesus. Jesus is Yahweh! smiley

Re: What Is The Best Argument For The Existence Of God? by Maynman: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

I worship Jesus. Jesus is Yahweh! smiley

Jesus died to atone your sins to jesus before jesus can forgive you.
Jesus was dead for 3 days that means jesus(your creator) can die.
Who was running the world in those 3 days?
It seems they did okay without your creator.

Think na yahweh worshipper.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Manual (2016/2017 Edition) Sun. 09/10/2016 / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? / Who Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.