Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Which Glass Has More Water? - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Which Glass Has More Water? (42046 Views)

Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Atom007(m): 10:47am On Apr 22, 2023
Archimedes principle says when a body is wholly or partially immersed in a fluid, it experiences an upthrust which is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:48am On Apr 22, 2023
drlaykay:

Lol, you only know the law but you don't know it's application.

That's simply Archimedes.
An object will displace water of its own weight. This means if the weight of the object is 2g, 2g which also equals to 2mls of water, will be displaced. (i.e the water level will rise by 2mls when a 2g object is dropped in it)

Please revisit your physics text. I'm tired of explaining this simple concept to you guys.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Atom007(m): 10:48am On Apr 22, 2023
Archimedes principle says when a body is wholly or partially immersed in a fluid, it experiences an upthrust which is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced. In a short word, the answer is B
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Fretchy: 10:49am On Apr 22, 2023
How did Archimedes principle come into play on this.. on a ibile level... to make it simple.. That man was saying that if you wan fetch water inside well.. if that fetcher still dey inside water you go feel say e light.. but ad soon as he dey commot e go heavy... simple.. so archimedes does not apply here.. answer is B for me
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Awaja(m): 10:50am On Apr 22, 2023
Bee
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Qatar2022: 10:50am On Apr 22, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
D of course
Go back to school
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by bonnyhope: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2023
The least in weight will displace less water

Therefore B seems to have least weight
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Lexusgs430: 10:52am On Apr 22, 2023
How does this solve Nigeria's multitudes of problems.......
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by bonnyhope: 10:52am On Apr 22, 2023
Qatar2022:

Go back to school

This question go hard non science elements
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by drlaykay(m): 10:52am On Apr 22, 2023
PatrickOkunima:

Please revisit your physics text. I'm tired of explaining this simple concept to you guys.

So you don't know you can convert weight to volume.
That's where you are confused.
If it states that mass will be displaced, you can get it's equivalence in volume(liquid).
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by bonnyhope: 10:53am On Apr 22, 2023
Lexusgs430:
How does this solve Nigeria's multitudes of problems.......

It starts from logical reasoning

I bet you Tinubu cannot answer this correctly
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Bishopwizzy(m): 10:55am On Apr 22, 2023
B
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Autobot05: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2023
Should be B
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2023
OllyArt:
B because a pin is the least in weight
Olodo,
Not weight, but volume

2 Likes

Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by OloyeVIII: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2023
see them! zero una no know... me my headmaster die the day i suppose resume..
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by shiwex: 10:58am On Apr 22, 2023
B
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by onatisi(m): 10:58am On Apr 22, 2023
according to newton law of chemistry, the answer is A . because of the pointed tip of the scissors.
matter die
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by topygel12: 10:58am On Apr 22, 2023
Glass cup B
The volume of water displaced by the pin is equal to the volume of the pin, pin has lower volume, therefore, there will be more water in the cup B.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Akalia(m): 10:58am On Apr 22, 2023
B. Reason is that it contains the smallest of object resulting in the least water expansion or displacement compared to other glasses.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Sheylon(m): 10:59am On Apr 22, 2023
Forward the question to Mr President
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:00am On Apr 22, 2023
In this brain puzzle, the weight of the objects placed inside the water glasses will help you in coming up with an answer. In option A, the water glass has scissors; Option B has a paper clip, Option C has a rubber, and Option D has a watch inside the glass. Also, if we look at the image carefully, all the glass has the same water level with the objects placed inside it. So in this case, the glasses which have the lightest object inside them will have more water among the four glasses. The lightest and smallest object is the paper clip.

In summary, B is the answer
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Nezan(m): 11:00am On Apr 22, 2023
PROPEACE:

No he isn't! It's volume not weight.

Is volume not directly proportional to weight? Stop arguing blindly
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Lexusgs430: 11:00am On Apr 22, 2023
bonnyhope:

It starts from logical reasoning

I bet you Tinubu cannot answer this correctly

Even Jesus Christ & Mohammed, cannot solve Nigeria's problems........

So Tinubu can only do what he can, when he is not sleeping on duty ........🤣😂
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by isabi2lof: 11:01am On Apr 22, 2023
B
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:01am On Apr 22, 2023
PatrickOkunima:

What you wrote there is not Archimedes principle. According to Archimede's principles, when an object is immersed in a fluid (liquid or gas), it experiences a loss in weight equal to the mass of the liquid displaced.
In this brain puzzle, the weight of the objects placed inside the water glasses will help you in coming up with an answer. In option A, the water glass has scissors; Option B has a paper clip, Option C has a rubber, and Option D has a watch inside the glass. Also, if we look at the image carefully, all the glass has the same water level with the objects placed inside it. So in this case, the glasses which have the lightest object inside them will have more water among the four glasses. The lightest and smallest object is the paper clip.

In summary, B is the answer
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Deepthoughts: 11:01am On Apr 22, 2023
chibestjerry:
60% of people will fail this!
Which of the Glass has more water?
A?
B?
C?
D?
B The clip will displace less water meaning the glass still retained almost it's original volume.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by kingreign(m): 11:02am On Apr 22, 2023
B because less volume is displaced.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Skyehigher1: 11:03am On Apr 22, 2023
The answer is simple because in physics the volume of liquid is not equal to mass weight. Answer is B with the highest water while D has least water due to the mass weight of wrist watch so and the A water is possibly equal to B because of long weight is not add more volume with water . C just have a little weight and more volume so the answer is B
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by SouthSouth1914: 11:03am On Apr 22, 2023
richmond500:
I do not think weight has anything here.
The size or mass of the object is what matters

If the object displaces an amount of water equal to its own weight, the buoyant force acting on it will be equal to gravity—and the object will float. But, if the object weighs more than the water it displaces, the buoyant force acting on it will be less than gravity, and it will sink.

Weight is everything and not mass! Smoke does have mass, but no weight that’s why it is lighter than air.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 11:04am On Apr 22, 2023
Its still applicable as long as long as fluid is displaced. The amount of fluid displaced is equal to the weight of the object. The principle only elaborate on an uptrust experienced while pulling out the immersed object
PatrickOkunima:

What you wrote there is not Archimedes principle. According to Archimede's principles, when an object is immersed in a fluid (liquid or gas), it experiences a loss in weight equal to the mass of the liquid displaced.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by OdefaGirl(f): 11:04am On Apr 22, 2023
B
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Pacyrus(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2023
B

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Many Hands Formed This Beautiful Shape Of Love? / Bet9ja Blocked My Account After I Won More Than 1.1million Naira / Picture: Which Button Would You Press?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.