Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Which Glass Has More Water? - Forum Games (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Which Glass Has More Water? (42041 Views)

Brain Teaser: Which Glass Will Be Filled First And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Eriokanmi: 11:05am On Apr 22, 2023
Kingpin1000:
Following archimedes principle, it should be B.
Correct. Your physics still dey kampe
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2023
drlaykay:

So you don't know you can convert weight to volume.
That's where you are confused.
If it states that mass will be displaced, you can get it's equivalence in volume(liquid).

Stop arguing what you don't know. This is Archimedes principle explained in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05WkCPORlj4&ab_channel=InfinityLearnClass9%2610

After watching, come back here and tell us that you were wrong, only if your pride would allow you.

BTW, you cannot convert mass to volume. There's a relationship between mass and volume though.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Eriokanmi: 11:06am On Apr 22, 2023
CivilianJTF:
B

Archimedes principle: Weight of object immersed equals weight of liquid displaced.

B has negligible weight, occupying negligible space in the cup, hence more water in the cup.

#Secondary school physics#
Marked correctly

1 Like

Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by mryes11: 11:08am On Apr 22, 2023
B glass has more water
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Alexanderobi: 11:08am On Apr 22, 2023
The answer is 23.5

When acid is added to a metal, hydrogen is given off
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by backtovillage: 11:09am On Apr 22, 2023
PROPEACE:

No he isn't! It's volume not weight.
God bless you na only go school.
Something is completely immersed in water them they talk weight.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by CaptainFM1: 11:09am On Apr 22, 2023
drlaykay:

Lol, you only know the law but you don't know it's application.

That's simply Archimedes.
An object will displace water of its own weight. This means if the weight of the object is 2g, 2g which also equals to 2mls of water, will be displaced. (i.e the water level will rise by 2mls when a 2g object is dropped in it)

Your last sentence in the bracket is only correct if it is Fresh water i.e Relative density of 1.000. Otherwise, 2mls will not always equate 2g.

Also, it's a whole new game when temperature and pressure comes into it.

The density of the waters are very important. We don't know if the water is Fresh water, Salt water, Dock water etc. The more impurities the water contains, the denser it becomes.

Since we don't have a range of scientific parameters, for me it is not possible to decide which glass has more water unless you are physically present to conduct a proven scientific examination.

Making a decision from picture image is like a doctor issuing synopsis without seeing the patient for diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by bluefilm: 11:10am On Apr 22, 2023
chibestjerry:
60% of people will fail this!
Which of the Glass has more water?
A?
B?
C?
D?

Common sense will tell that the answer is B.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by richmond500: 11:10am On Apr 22, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

If the object displaces an amount of water equal to its own weight, the buoyant force acting on it will be equal to gravity—and the object will float. But, if the object weighs more than the water it displaces, the buoyant force acting on it will be less than gravity, and it will sink.

Weight is everything and not mass! Smoke does have mass, but no weight that’s why it is lighter than air.
weight is mass and acceleration due to gravity, acceleration is always 10m/s².
No matter how light or heavy an object is, the gravity is always thesame and holds nothing here.
The size of the object is what counts.
An small iron discuss with weight of 50kg will displace less water than a bigger chicken with weight of 2k.
The weight of the iron could be bigger but it doesn't have the size to displace the water and fill the cup.

This is what I am saying, just ponder on it a little, you will understand me

1 Like

Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by spy24(m): 11:11am On Apr 22, 2023
chibestjerry:
60% of people will fail this!
Which of the Glass has more water?
A?
B?
C?
D?

B
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:12am On Apr 22, 2023
B.

No pressure from the object (paper clip) in the water. It's simple physics.

Archimedes' principle;

States that an object immersed in a fluid experiences a buoyant force that is equal in magnitude to the force of gravity on the displaced fluid.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by BigYash: 11:14am On Apr 22, 2023
All of the above no dey the option Na that option me dey like.. If tumbo tumbo no highlight the option well. cheesy. But according to my principle, the answer to this is B.. If that thing inside the cup of B is a pin
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by CaptainFM1: 11:15am On Apr 22, 2023
AchrafHakimi:
E

Funny as it may sound, you are very correct. There's no answer in the options.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by backtovillage: 11:15am On Apr 22, 2023
Moh247:
cool

C : displaced more water as the heaviest object

The volume measurements on all cups remains the same

Verdict: each cup has same water volume

See how you dey disgrace Batist alaye delete something before North4obi see am
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Mike008(m): 11:16am On Apr 22, 2023
B
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Donmobi(m): 11:17am On Apr 22, 2023
RepoMan007:
all what you just stated though in line with Archimedes' principle, can only lead to conclusion about the objects relative weight and notthing conclusive about their volumes.
The glass with more water is suppose to be the one having object with least volume immersed into it and when I look, intuitively, the least volume object is the office pin and so the glass with the office pin is my own answer.
Though same as yours but I see no need or relwvance for Archimedes's principle here.
Perhaps not fully surveyed upon.
The principle states that an object displaces it's own volume when inserted in a liquid.
So yeah you can't explain this without that.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Moh247: 11:17am On Apr 22, 2023
backtovillage:

See how you dey disgrace Batist alaye delete something for North4obi see am

Una no kuku Sabi wetin volume means

Each cup has same volume of water and the water reached same mark
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Ojukwu007(m): 11:18am On Apr 22, 2023
PatrickOkunima:

What you wrote there is not Archimedes principle. According to Archimede's principles, when an object is immersed in a fluid (liquid or gas), it experiences a loss in weight equal to the mass of the liquid displaced.
No difference bro 😎
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by CaptainFM1: 11:20am On Apr 22, 2023
richmond500:
weight is mass and acceleration due to gravity, acceleration is always 10m/s².
No matter how light or heavy an object is, the gravity is always thesame and holds nothing here.
The size of the object is what counts.
An small iron discuss with weight of 50kg will displace less water than a bigger chicken with weight of 2k.
The weight of the iron could be bigger but it doesn't have the size to displace the water and fill the cup.

This is what I am saying, just ponder on it a little, you will understand me

The correct answer should be "Indecisive"
We need a whole lot of scientific parameters such as densities of all the water, the temperatures, pressure and the weight of all the immersed items.

1 Like

Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by AK481(m): 11:22am On Apr 22, 2023
PatrickOkunima:

What you wrote there is not Archimedes principle. According to Archimede's principles, when an object is immersed in a fluid (liquid or gas), it experiences a loss in weight equal to the mass of the liquid displaced.

You just quoted archimedec principle but failed to relate it with application.

The displaced liquid in this case Is the difference of initial volume and final volume after immersing of object
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Donmobi(m): 11:22am On Apr 22, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
Don’t know the weight of each of the objects so can’t say. It is evident from the content of the water level through all the samples! It is possible all the objects have the same Weight as well as Mass!
The volume is independent of their specific weights or mass.
That's what is recognised; volume.
The smallest volume displaces the smallest volume. Shikena!
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by backtovillage: 11:22am On Apr 22, 2023
Moh247:

Una no kuku Sabi wetin volume means

Each cup has same volume of water and the water reached same mark
Haaaa

Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Ojukwu007(m): 11:23am On Apr 22, 2023
Seagodess:
Archimedes' principle states that the upward buoyant force that is exerted on a body immersed in a fluid, whether fully or partially, is equal to the weight of the fluid that the body displaces. Archimedes' principle is a law of physics fundamental to fluid mechanics.
Intelligent ladies always make my day. Seagodess, what sacrifice should I bring to your sea? Well done.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Godsonkemz(m): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2023
B
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Donmobi(m): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2023
CaptainFM1:

We need a whole lot of scientific parameters such as densities of all the water, the temperatures, pressure and the weight of all the immersed items.
No it isn't.
It's very simple to deduct.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by DrayZee: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2023
mrvitalis:

Bros if the weight of fluid displaced is not equal to the weight of the object you in any instances and you can prove this. You would win noble price for physics
You sure?
Imagine an iPhone that happens to weigh 100kg, and a Toyota Highlander that also weighs 100kg.
Would both objects displace the same amount/weight of water if dropped in a swimming pool that was filled to the brim?
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Nathaniel33(m): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2023
F .
Na f
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by richmond500: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Oga, this isn't physics but just normal question

What you need is normal water at room temperature, when you start to bring in those parameters, u are moving away from normal.

1 Like

Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2023
Fretchy:
People saying Archimedes does not even know the practical form.. Archimedes does not apply to this at all..

Tell us the answer then since Archimedes' principle doesn't apply to it.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Donmobi(m): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2023
CaptainFM1:

No we don't.
It's very simple to deduct the answer.
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Moh247: 11:25am On Apr 22, 2023
backtovillage:

Haaaa

Go to Court!!
Re: Which Glass Has More Water? by Emola12(m): 11:28am On Apr 22, 2023
A is the answer nothing concern me with physics or liquid nah nnah problem be that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Many Hands Formed This Beautiful Shape Of Love? / Bet9ja Blocked My Account After I Won More Than 1.1million Naira / Picture: Which Button Would You Press?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.