Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba (43002 Views)

Man Who Asked Peter Obi About IPOB At Chatham House, Turns Out To Be APC Member / 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer / Ex-Governor Tired Of Senate, Aspires To Be APC National Secretary - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Espelbengz(m): 12:54am On Apr 24, 2023
Sad as it may sound, but for political strategy he is right, wish the northwest can be assuaged to give room for a proper federal character in this matter regardless of how the voting pattern was..

FreeStuffsNG:

In this game, we must be real, practical and deliberate with our choices. We must stick to the facts and consolidate our bases with the strongest possible instruments of power. It is very necessary for our future political success.

APC will be naive to give Senate Presidency to SS or SE. It is either NW or NC.

If the SE or SS want it they should have worked very hard for it during the Presidential elections.
Politics is different from governance. Politics is about winning elections but governance is about service delivery. You need to win elections first before you get mandate to serve and deliver service.

NW gave the highest votes while NC gave 4 out of 6 states to Asiwaju.
Rewarding NW or NC with Senate Presidency is a big statement that loyalty pays. You do not empower those who are not loyal to you and your party .

PMB learnt a bitter lesson with Emefiele who is a PDP guy and almost singlehandedly made APC lose the Presidential election.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Topshow2010(m): 1:00am On Apr 24, 2023
seguntijan:
While the Southsouth helped Tinubu get the required statutory 25% of 2/3rd of states to win the presidency the Southeast vehemently and openly worked against him, and gave all their votes to Obi who promptly lost to Tinubu.

The jungle has now matured. It's time to reap where you sowed, and the Southeast, not retrospective over why they are out of the power equation again, are asking Tinubu to reward them with the Senate Presidency at the expense of the well derserving people of Southsouth for what they call "national unity" reasons.

Didn't they know that there was something called "national unity" before and during the elections? How can you work for Hero Beer and ask MTN to pay your salary? How can you refuse the offer of Unilever shares, go ahead to buy the shares of Next Supermarket, and after Next made a loss, you ask Unilever to deprive their shareholders and pay you their dividends - all because you suddenly remember national unity?

You cry marginalization when nobody ever deprived you of anything you earned in Nigeria, but want to be rewarded with fruits of the labour of the people of Southsouth as if they don't matter or are non-existent as far as you are concerned?

Look at the facts and tell me who deserves to produce the next Senate President between the Southeast and Southsouth:

1. Southeast gave Tinubu 0/5 of their states.
Southsouth gave him 5/6 of their states

2. Southeast gave Tinubu 6% of their votes.
Southsouth gave him 30% of their votes.

3. The Southeast senators that won their seats selfishly worked for themselves only in the election and neglected Tinubu. Thus they had huge numbers for themselves while Tinubu had almost nothing from their places.
The Southsouth senators that won their seats worked for both themselves and Tinubu. Thus they both had huge numbers from their places.

4. The entire Southeast zone gave Tinubu a paltry 127k votes.
Cross River state alone which is not even the highest in their zone, gave him 130K votes, and as a zone Southsouth gave him 800K votes.

5. The trend of APC's votes in the Southeast is falling in every election since 2015.
APC's votes in the Southsouth has been rising in every election since 2015.

6. Southeast has not forgiven APC for the loss of the presidency by their "son" Jonathan when they defeated their beloved PDP in 2015.
The Southsouth have moved on, forgotten about 2015, and are embracing APC. Their body language suggests that they don't want to be in opposition anymore.

7. According to the present trends, with the Senate Presidency, the Southeast will still NEVER vote for APC in the future. Their unwarranted hatred for the party is too deep.
According to the present trends, with the Senate President, the Southsouth have a chance of becoming another APC stronghold in the near future.

If politics remain a game of numbers, why should APC deprive the Southsouth zone which is becoming a fertile land for them to garner higher votes in the future, of the Senate Presidency in order to placate the Southeast which is determined to remain a political desert that irrespective of how much they are appeased, cannot yield the party any useful number of votes going forward?
Gbamsolutely! A very brilliant analysis.I only wish d president elect who is very liberal and forgiven could look into d strategic analysis as posited by many of us and do d needful;he must realise d fact dt he can't change d Igbo rigid mindset even if he built massive infrastructure in their region.
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by lamalang(m): 1:01am On Apr 24, 2023
I don't want to see anything about this man, the guy is a serious yahoo boy 5.0
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Naijaprosper: 1:02am On Apr 24, 2023
So, Moslem president, Moslem VP, Moslem senate President looks like a peaceful arrangement to you.

When there is justice and fairness, then peace abounds.

In a free and fair election, the millions of Christian votes won't count in 2027?
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Nnannapat(m): 1:08am On Apr 24, 2023
seguntijan:
While the Southsouth helped Tinubu get the required statutory 25% of 2/3rd of states to win the presidency the Southeast vehemently and openly worked against him, and gave all their votes to Obi who promptly lost to Tinubu.

The jungle has now matured. It's time to reap where you sowed, and the Southeast, not retrospective over why they are out of the power equation again, are asking Tinubu to reward them with the Senate Presidency at the expense of the well derserving people of Southsouth for what they call "national unity" reasons.

Didn't they know that there was something called "national unity" before and during the elections? How can you work for Hero Beer and ask MTN to pay your salary? How can you refuse the offer of Unilever shares, go ahead to buy the shares of Next Supermarket, and after Next made a loss, you ask Unilever to deprive their shareholders and pay you their dividends - all because you suddenly remember national unity?

You cry marginalization when nobody ever deprived you of anything you earned in Nigeria, but want to be rewarded with fruits of the labour of the people of Southsouth as if they don't matter or are non-existent as far as you are concerned?

Look at the facts and tell me who deserves to produce the next Senate President between the Southeast and Southsouth:

3. The Southeast senators that won their seats selfishly worked for themselves only in the election and neglected Tinubu. Thus they had huge numbers for themselves while Tinubu had almost nothing from their places.
The Southsouth senators that won their seats worked for both themselves and Tinubu. Thus they both had huge numbers from their places.

Cross River state alone which is not even the highest in their zone, gave him 130K votes, and as a zone Southsouth gave him 800K votes.

5. The trend of APC's votes in the Southeast is falling in every election since 2015.

6. Southeast has not forgiven APC for the loss of the presidency by their "son" Jonathan when they defeated their beloved PDP in 2015.
The Southsouth have moved on, forgotten about 2015, and are embracing APC. Their body language suggests that they don't want to be in opposition anymore.

7. According to the present trends, with the Senate Presidency, the Southeast will still NEVER vote for APC in the future. Their unwarranted hatred for the party is too deep.
According to the present trends, with the Senate President, the Southsouth have a chance of becoming another APC stronghold in the near future.

If politics remain a game of numbers, why should APC deprive the Southsouth zone which is becoming a fertile land for them to garner higher votes in the future, of the Senate Presidency in order to placate the Southeast which is determined to remain a political desert that irrespective of how much they are appeased, cannot yield the party any useful number of votes going forward?
All these epistle on top
of who becomes the Senate president or whatever, the country is heading for a doom and non of the negative indices is of serious concern to your likes, just who becomes what.

Let me confidently inform you that no Igbo man cares about who becomes Senate president or Speaker of the house, we are honestly not after those irrelevant titles that will have no meaningful impact on the lives of an average man on the street, only our corrupt politicians might be disturbed by that. If you set up another election today and field Tinubu, the Igbos will still vote overwhelmingly against him time and time again, and we owe no one any apology for that.

What Nigeria needs now is an energetic and decisive leadership, and I can tell you that Mr Tinubu cannot deliver that because just like every mortal,he has passed his prime, so we all just need to fold our hands and watch the drama that will unfold. I am not wishing for the worst but just have it in mind that Tinubu's government will witness more external influence manipulation of governance than that of Buhari, that should be where your headache will be coming from not if Igbos will get SP or Speakership, we fucking care less about those frivolities.

" No nation can progress if its POLITICS is more profitable than its INDUSTRIES. In a country where those in government are richer than ENTREPRENEURS, they manufacture poverty"

3 Likes

Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Aboki99(m): 1:18am On Apr 24, 2023
Blissful45:
Really? Who takes this one seriously? I have never seen or heard a region that is as Marginalized, disdained and disregarded as the Southeast. It is unfair

NB.
Before you go to bed tonight, think of those who are going to bed on an empty stomach, those who have nothing to eat and have no hope. Have u even been so hungry that u are unable to sleep at night? Pls remember me. Help me, I may just end it all. I'm tired already

They marginalised themselves. Show one region in Nigeria that put all their eggs in 1 basket in almost all elections. And this is not because all the people chose to do so but voters who voted for opposition parties were beaten black and blue in SE. Nyamiris know not how to play politics walahi.

1 Like

Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Omoluabi16(m): 1:22am On Apr 24, 2023
No where did he talk about service to the people. We're in 2023, but this one is already plotting for 2027. Who did we offend in this country?
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by NoFucksToGive: 1:30am On Apr 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

In this game, we must be real, practical and deliberate with our choices. We must stick to the facts and consolidate our bases with the strongest possible instruments of power. It is very necessary for our future political success.

If the SE or SS want it they should have worked very hard for it during the Presidential elections.
Politics is different from governance. Politics is about winning elections but governance is about service delivery. You need to win elections first before you get mandate to serve and deliver service.

Rewarding NW or NC with Senate Presidency is a big statement that loyalty pays. You do not empower those who are not loyal to you and your party .

PMB learnt a bitter lesson with Emefiele who is a PDP guy and almost singlehandedly made APC lose the Presidential election.

This TALKATIVE again? 🤣🤣

No one takes your opinion seriously stop trying too hard to sound as if you matter. Stop disturbing us with your garbage opinions everytime on everything.

Don't you have a job?
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by juman(m): 1:32am On Apr 24, 2023
North west is the cash cow for apc.
The party got the highest votes from the region.

If apc got ZERO vote in both SS and SE, tinubu could have won still.
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Bubu4Sea: 1:36am On Apr 24, 2023
Aboki99:

They marginalised themselves. Show one region in Nigeria that put all their eggs in 1 basket in almost all elections. And this is not because all the people chose to do so but voters who voted for opposition parties were beaten black and blue in SE. Nyamiris know not how to play politics walahi.

Why not let them leave in peace then,you hate them.

that way you can be alone without them

1 Like

Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by juman(m): 1:38am On Apr 24, 2023
We cannot have one religion followers as the leaders of the country in this kind of suspicious insecurity situation.
Any action done by the government will be suspected.
Hence, we need a christian person as senate president.
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by zanebaddo(m): 1:38am On Apr 24, 2023
I8flatigos:

Either you people care or not you guys(SE) are inconsequential i mean you are not part of the equations in Nigeria.
lolz Typical Nigerian uneducated E rat from Southwest, or from a part in Northern Nigeria. They are inconsequential but you'd rather die than see them have a separate country! You hate them so much but you'd rather stick your uncircumcised dick in a rat hole or cow poo unit than watch them to have a their own country!

If you don't like me drive me away from your house naa why must you hold me down against my wish and your wish as well. You be winsh? Tribalists mofos! May you rot in hell if you don't live better than an average Igbo person. You hate South East, they are this they are that. Allow them go na why is it a problem?
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by ObidientOOseven: 1:42am On Apr 24, 2023
Next election when Apc fall to get up to 5,% from the entire SE they will say we must have rigged against them .
It's good they have rejected us ,same way we has rejected them .
So it do me i do you .

Make person no come here later Dy tell us we're doing politics of Emotions .

I also love the fact they're sideling SS too .
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by ObidientOOseven: 1:49am On Apr 24, 2023
Again it's not us the ordinary people of the SE/SS that they're doing .
They're actually doing there members/politicians/senetors/reps from the zone , whom are the reason APC exist the little they do here .
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by sterlingD(m): 2:03am On Apr 24, 2023
The gods are watching as the squabble begins
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Arabk25: 2:08am On Apr 24, 2023
I8flatigos:

Delta? Who cares? You are all inconsequential in Nigeria politics. Ooh so u are waiting for the same government that you and your people refused to vote for to open a seaport for your region? You are joking... Tell and encourage your people to go and develop their region the way they 'developed' Lagos.. ooh i almost forgot, tell your people as well to develop something like Nairaland because the last time i checked Nairaland is owned by a Yoruba guy

Them stop complaining if they occupy the whole of Lagos since your government don't want to make other seaport functional. Don't worry very soon Igbo's will buy the whole of Lagos and make you and your fathers slaves in your land then the day you fail to pay rent you will be kicked out. Only time shall tell sebi nah this country we they. If you're ready to sell they're capable of buying.
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by reuben81: 2:16am On Apr 24, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://twitter.com/adamugarba/status/1650186359200464898?t=gjSjNKrD3hbl8VNWVpPc2w&s=19
the hatred is fucking deep rooted,that I can't explain,wish they could pull out igbos from this miserable country,I refuse to comment on anyt I got to do with tribe,but it getting worst,from those who plan to lead this country
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by chidiwar(m): 2:18am On Apr 24, 2023
yarimo:
Senate president and deputy, speaker house of representatives and deputy are too big for south east for now.

Edumare punish ur generation...
U are such a slowpoke
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by DeOTR: 2:19am On Apr 24, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://twitter.com/adamugarba/status/1650186359200464898?t=gjSjNKrD3hbl8VNWVpPc2w&s=19
I tend to agree with him. APC won the contest majorly through the North. You shouldn't give those who didn't contribute much to your success big price just to please them or appear fair. APC should continue to work with her friends. The foes should prove they deserve a place by taking part in the success of the party.
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by chidiwar(m): 2:19am On Apr 24, 2023
Jack500:
Not true!

SS is fine, someone like Akpabio is okay.

But not SE, SE is a no no
God punish ur father..
What are u people afraid of
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Arabk25: 2:31am On Apr 24, 2023
seguntijan:

This your analysis has shown that you know a little beat of politics and in the other way round it shows that you're a real fan of APC and tinubu. But I want you to understand something today you can't force APC in the throat of all Nigerians. There's something called opposition in politics everybody mustn't like your style of leadership APC as a party has failed Nigerians including you if you must tell yourself the truth. So any well meaning Nigerian that choose not to vote for APC didn't make any mistake. So I don't know how your APC got all these votes you're spelling out to us here. But just a quick reminder the case is in court all the whole world is very must interested to know how tinubu got all these number of votes as alleged.
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by nony43(m): 2:38am On Apr 24, 2023
yarimo:
ORJI KALU reading your comment be like

He is on his own.
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by chaiks: 2:51am On Apr 24, 2023
Why is it called an election in the first place? You can now see why the country has remained unhealed for years. So any part that didn't support the party that won the election should ostracized? Can everyone now join APC and turn Nigeria to a one party state? Election and campaign is one thing but governance and inclusivity is something that should not be done based on party affiliation. Some people and politicians who reasoned like adamu eight years ago are no longer alive now to witness what is going on. If tinubu is to rule Nigeria and make a mark different from the calamity witnessed in the past eight years, he must adopt destructive structures which includes doing things that are far against the expectations of APC because Nigeria is bigger than few people that constituted themselves as major party stakeholders and continued to extol ethnic sentiment as a means of political sustainance.
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Mathantics: 3:03am On Apr 24, 2023
I8flatigos:
Senate president can go to any region except SOUTH EAST...they can't reap from where they didn't sow. This will teach them a lesson not to put all their eggs in a basket in the future elections.

Your username is tribalistic.

Will you give the Senate presidency to NC, NW ans SS at the same time?
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by jogojogo: 3:25am On Apr 24, 2023
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by jogojogo: 3:27am On Apr 24, 2023
Jerryherd:
cool

North West are getting Speaker of the House

SouthSouth especially Rivers State, Edo , Delta and Akwa Ibom deserve a slot to battle it out for Senate Presidency
North west go to hell

Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by thecommunist(m): 3:48am On Apr 24, 2023
inoki247:
You're mad....

How SS go take be Political mistake....

Them no play any Politics of bitterness with how APC mail dere son bak to OtuOke they moved on and still balance dere vote without pouring dere egg in one basket..
I also think it should go to SS
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Melonsmasher: 4:25am On Apr 24, 2023
DMerciful:
Political positions benefits only the holder and his friends and family, nothing more.

1 Like

Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:27am On Apr 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I'm happy that hypocritical f.ools like you do not hide the fact that you do not have the slightest interest of the country at heart, but only that of self and region/religion.
So, when you come out next time to shout about One Nigeria, you'll be swiftly reminded of your abysmal level of stup*dity and hypocrisy.
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by Alpharey: 4:38am On Apr 24, 2023
Jack500:
Not true!

SS is fine, someone like Akpabio is okay.

But not SE, SE is a no no

You people can keep it all. Is it not only one man in a position, as if you want to swear the whole Southeasterners in. Anyhow Nigeria be, we survive first.
Re: SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba by SeniorMan9ja: 4:43am On Apr 24, 2023
The people that have been occupying the seat previously, what advantage or added benefit did they bring to their region.

The people will continue to be used for the benefits of politicians till they decide to think for themselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu, Bisi Akande & Aregbesola At Ekiti APC Mega Rally (Photos) / Obasanjo In Yola For Turbaning Of Atiku As The 7th Waziri Adamawa / Speakership: Tinubu Settles For Abbas, Kalu As Speaker, Deputy - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.