Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages (73548 Views)

Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages / Multichoice Nigeria Introduces New Dstv & Gotv Packages / Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Abimbola29(m): 7:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
nedekid:

The house of reps and senate people should rather do something about the exchange rate. Dstv has to pay for the channels they show. They also have to pay millions for eg the sports channels rights. All in dollars.
The truth of the matter is tgat the country has been devastated under the apc regime. Nigerians have become poorer.
2015 dstv premium was about 13k or $80 plus. Today it is about 24,000 or $32. For dstv to get how they saw on 2015 they will have to charge about 60k!
Who go pay?
Anyway na from my 2 dstv and 1 gotv, I only pay for one now in my office none at home.
Bro if you have solid internet (I use Luli fiber optics) get iptv smarters pro. I get all the channels in the world along with all the sports channels, matches, Netflix, AMC, all the countries in the world. Over 50,000 channels.
Can you pls sens me a link to this iptv,apart from sub,do your u pay for the IPTV also?
Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Djele: 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2023
I stream premier league matches and all football matches with just 500 mb

4 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Phemzyl: 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2023
Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by htdot: 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
But they just increased the subscription package recently. Them done turn to market women?

5 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by geladinho1(m): 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
Thank God for smart TV.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by KayB: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
That Nigerians are still subscribed to this useless paytv company show that we lack values as a people.
DSTV has arbitrarily increased their fees twice despite the fact that our topmost lawmaking body frowned on such move.
I dismantled their equipments immediately I sensed their impunity against the Nigerian authority not to talk of extortion on Nigerian subscribers compared to other countries.
I forgone my subscription credit with them and blast their customer care reps each time they call on me to use it for renewal. Foreigners claiming to be above the law when there's alternative now. It is really absurd that the elites don't care again but they want change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Nehamo: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
Djele:
I stream premier league matches and all football matches with just 500 mb
which site is that?
Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by eteebanky1: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hazlett1988:
Pls can anybody suggest a better Cable TV for me I can buy that shows both Premier league, la liga, Champion leagues, I mean all the football cos I'm so done with DSTV after this current sub, Any good Suggestion will be welcome, Biko

As long as you're in this country called Nigeria, we're stuck with DSTV when it comes to premier league, champions league, Europa League and top 5 leagues in Europe

Rivals are not buoyant enough to buy those TV rights, many has even fold up TSTV, HITV and others

IPTV is no option either unless you're using true data unlimited from starlink

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Wayne4uall(m): 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ologundudu2020:
Am going to stop my subscription with this people if only I can get an alternative to stream matches

They so useless

Their are lot of alternatives .... soccer808 is there , twitter is Dere .....the only reason I subscribe to my dstv is because of d Johnson's family season 1 that is been aired on novela magic and it has been cancelled so I don't see me my self using my dstv again....

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Tareq1105: 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2023
IrawoKross:
These South Africans are smart. We failed to patronize our own, now they're increasing their price because we have no choice but to subscribe.
NTA IRUEKPEN is what I will be watching now. grin

I beg which one is NTA Iruekpen? Please let me know.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by kannex: 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2023
nedekid:

The house of reps and senate people should rather do something about the exchange rate. Dstv has to pay for the channels they show. They also have to pay millions for eg the sports channels rights. All in dollars.
The truth of the matter is tgat the country has been devastated under the apc regime. Nigerians have become poorer.
2015 dstv premium was about 13k or $80 plus. Today it is about 24,000 or $32. For dstv to get how they saw on 2015 they will have to charge about 60k!
Who go pay?
Anyway na from my 2 dstv and 1 gotv, I only pay for one now in my office none at home.
Bro if you have solid internet (I use Luli fiber optics) get iptv smarters pro. I get all the channels in the world along with all the sports channels, matches, Netflix, AMC, all the countries in the world. Over 50,000 channels.

Bros abeg which u dey live wey get luli fiber service and again which iptv service u dey use abeg i wan know...
Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by virginchaser(m): 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
They will still get mind to be calling my line to know why i am not subscribing.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by NinjaMetahuman: 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2023
Do people actually still pay for dstv?

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by eteebanky1: 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
nedekid:

Who go pay?

No be mobile data you go use stream all this channels? grin

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by missyojo(f): 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
Sirseedorf:
I think startime will be an alternative, but can anyone tell me the advantage of gotv to startime...

Startimes have increased their own rates too since on the 14th of this month

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Babathanks(m): 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
[quote author=Hazlett1988 post=122746083][/quote]
I only subscribe my Dstv because of chelsea match cos am a chelsea fans and ThankGod Chelsea really flop this season or if I have a visitor. One of my neighbor dash me Netflix login this morning. It will take long before I will subscribe again cos of this increase

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by RuMiRgO1stSon: 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
I will rather use the money buy data than add dime to watch gotv, with the shitty signal and poor quality videos

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by udomma1005(m): 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
I've been enjoying FTA for the past 4-5 years running!
Kids got Lotta cartoons, they're fine.
I gat several foreign & local news, action movies, animal Channel & a bit of music, I'm OK.
Missus gat teleseries, bit of Nollywood,Tele evangelist, she's good!
We're all good for free!
I hate watching football alone, so no need for live matches 😋

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by eteebanky1: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
Sirseedorf:
I think startime will be an alternative, but can anyone tell me the advantage of gotv to startime...

When last did you watch a premier League match or champions League match on your startimes decoder

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by eazy07(m): 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2023
Xscape1993:
My Gotv that I subscribed some months back now is not even displaying the main channels....

I thought it was just me.. The yeye customer care agent was telling me to reset my decoder.
How many times I go reset decoder.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Menclothing: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2023
Let’s patronize indigenous

Glo should be giving 5k for unlimited monthly internet will be streaming tv stations
Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by hustla(m): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ologundudu2020:
Am going to stop my subscription with this people if only I can get an alternative to stream matches

They so useless

Telegram wink
Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by iamjavadem(m): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2023
Smart how? Who still watches dstv when we have YouTube and Netflix.
IrawoKross:
These South Africans are smart. We failed to patronize our own, now they're increasing their price because we have no choice but to subscribe.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by iamjavadem(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
We do, YouTube is enough but you can add Netflix.
Iceiscold:
We just need a substitution to dstv and gotv.. This is too much

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by sharpwriter(m): 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
gaby:
With tik-tok wetin kwansign me with DSTV and GOTV?
Ha! Boss.... I no believe this wan ooo... Na lamba? Wetin big boss dey take tik tok do beside dstv? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Moniya4Real(m): 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2023
Bro, you no serious o

ChizzyBuna:
Xvideos no need Subscription

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Angelfrost(m): 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
I haven't even subscribed in the last few months... The idiots in Multichoice keep calling to know if I'm still alive! grin

On a normal day, I no even dey watch TV! Where is the time for that??!

All I need is online! Why pay so much for Premium when with 5 to 10k, you can have more than enough data to flex throughout the month!

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Tosdam(m): 8:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
These people are increasing price every six months… Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by ttobizz(m): 8:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
IrawoKross:

O boy you don mad grin
Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by sammy2007: 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hit me up on my number 08068561344
Hazlett1988:
Pls can anybody suggest a better Cable TV for me I can buy that shows both Premier league, la liga, Champion leagues, I mean all the football cos I'm so done with DSTV after this current sub, Any good Suggestion will be welcome, Biko
Re: Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages by Angelfrost(m): 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
thesicilian:
Lol. These people still have mind to increase prices when everyone has started abandoning them

Day never fully break for their eyes...!

They will go the way of the newspapers and Nitel!

Soon, they will start laying off workers and finally leave Naija!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tacha Unfollows Big Brother Naija On Instagram - Photos / Fatal Arrogance: Pete Edochie Threatened Over 'Shiites' Movie As Terrorists / Kiddwaya Wearing His Shorts Under The Duvet After Spending The Night With Erica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.