Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice (21979 Views)

Nairalander Needs Advice Regarding Mum And Wife / Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice / I Resigned From Work In Lagos, Relocated To Abuja To Be With My Girl & Get A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by henrimoto(m): 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2023
Rubbiish:

Hmm real estate in abuja?
Landed properties are now ridiculously expensive in outskirts, not even close to town.

The world is now a global village, so long the kids have access to internet, I don't see anything they will learn here that they can't learn in other states, except for those far northern states, because of their religion.

I won't advice anyone moving from one state to another, it is same thing every where. Investing your money in your current location will pay u more than coming to abuja & starting all over again trying to familiarize with the environment. Unless u have a personal reason for wanting to leave your current location.
I disagree with you on the bolded part of your comment. ITS NOT THE SAME EVERY WHERE! Different States/location/region comes with their own advantages and disadvantages.

29 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by henrimoto(m): 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
IyaTola:
People dey run leave Abj you dey run eneter Abuja, Na onitsha wey suppose reason business u dey run comot
As people dey leave ABJ, na so people dey Troop in ABJ. Like say opportunities don finish there.

9 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by henrimoto(m): 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2023
Rubbiish:

This is a very sensible advice!
God bless u

@ frank33
I am still trying to understand why anyone would move from any state with a family of 6 when nobody promised u a good job here in abuja? What brought this idea of relocation? You honestly need to review this decision of yours so u don't end up wasting your money here oh. I would have advice u start something in anambra & continue life there. Nothing dey abuja oh...
Nothing dey Abuja ? ...abi na the location wey you dey for Abuja. The ones wey dey Breakthrough there ,na two heads them get ? Opportunities don end for Abuja ?? Oogaa!! Opportunities abound Every where.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by JobNeededUrgent: 12:58am On May 07, 2023
quincee88:

I stay in Orozo, not much hold up, an hour away from main town. Calm, serene, good electricity. I like it here
can we get to meet and know each other?
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 07, 2023
Nice2023:
Abuja is a place meant for descent people and seriously, agbero can't survive here.

I came to this town in 2007 as an IT student and returned after my NYSC in 2010. Man,this town is fantastic with good road and cheapest food ever. I am a family man of 3chidren.

With that budget,u will need to first of all rent a two bedroom or three depending on ur choice area then find other things u can do to survive.

One thing is very sure here,if u are a hardworking person,in 5years u will see how successful u will be.

U can hit me up in case of any assistance of any sort...if u are igbo,yoruba or hausa or any tribe..I can drive u round for free just to make u feel welcome.

Good luck to u.

Where do u stay in Abuja?
Cos I don't advice those pple to come here o except they want to suffering for landlord..

3 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 12:30pm On May 07, 2023
Nice2023:
Abuja is a place meant for descent people and seriously, agbero can't survive here.

I came to this town in 2007 as an IT student and returned after my NYSC in 2010. Man,this town is fantastic with good road and cheapest food ever. I am a family man of 3chidren.

With that budget,u will need to first of all rent a two bedroom or three depending on ur choice area then find other things u can do to survive.

One thing is very sure here,if u are a hardworking person,in 5years u will see how successful u will be.

U can hit me up in case of any assistance of any sort...if u are igbo,yoruba or hausa or any tribe..I can drive u round for free just to make u feel welcome.

Good luck to u.
well done brother πŸ‘
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Segzy19: 12:33pm On May 07, 2023
No better life in Onitsha? You want to escape abi

Why you guys always moving about?
Stay back and develop Onitsha so that people can run their for better life as well...

Haha!

6 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:34pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:
Hi guys. I really need some advice on this please.

We are a family of 6 and I want to relocate my family from Onitsha to Abuja in order to hopefully have a better life and expose to kids to more.

But I am bothered by the uncertainty of this move.

Is this this good idea?

If you live or have lived in Abuja can you please advice me on where we can live and afford an average life in Abuja in terms of accommodation, feeding and transport.

Also what kind of business can one start up in Abuja as a newcomer with about 10m to survive.
It is very wonderful and fantastic
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Brownshoe: 12:36pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Thanks. From Google maps though, these places seem very far from town. I wonder if one will truly feel like he's living in Abuja
they call it outskirts of Abuja
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Ejiakusmith(m): 12:38pm On May 07, 2023
I was born and brought up in Abuja here close 30yrs ...... Come alone first and study the area and city then make ur calculations ..... Abuja is who knows who ....... And also fake life plenty ooo....... But be honest and hard-working invest ur 10m .... success is sure

11 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Chetas81(m): 12:38pm On May 07, 2023
Nigeria citizen always do before they think
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Lisa290: 12:39pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

We are a family of 6 and I want to relocate my family from Onitsha to Abuja in order to hopefully have a better life and expose to kids to more.

Is this this good idea?

If you live or have lived in Abuja can you please advice me on where we can live and afford an average life in Abuja in terms of accommodation, feeding and transport.

Also what kind of business can one start up in Abuja as a newcomer with about 10m to survive.

Why not move alone first to Abuja then after settling down you can now bring your family.

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by SmartyPants(m): 12:43pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

As some have advised, you probably should visit Abuja on your own and see how it works for yourself. That said, Abuja is a city of about 4 million so there is decent market for most businesses.

If you're on a budget, target Kubwa, Nyanya, Lugbe, Lokogoma, and maybe Gwarinpa. You can get 3 bedrooms for 1.2 million - 2.5 million in some of these places.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by abobote: 12:45pm On May 07, 2023
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by SmartyPants(m): 12:46pm On May 07, 2023
Divoc19:
Abuja is ready to welcome you.
I'll suggest areas like Dutse, Bwari, Lugbe, Apo or Karu, Nyanya area.
Food business is a sure business too

How will someone move from Onitsha to Bwari? Is that a forward or backward step?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by thisisit: 12:46pm On May 07, 2023
If you know any politician or senior civil servant.. make the move...

If you don't know any politician or senior public servant, ... Remain in Onitsha.

7 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by IgboSomalia: 12:47pm On May 07, 2023
Move to Enugu, Aba or Umuahia.

3 Years from now, this one too will be shouting that he developed Abuja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Teeroyzimma: 12:48pm On May 07, 2023
Divoc19:
food business is like betting it's not sure

3 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by ucheorijo: 12:49pm On May 07, 2023
Orijo.com.ng is your #1 stop ONLINE FASHION RETAIL STORE for Original High Street Brands Fashion items & accessories πŸ₯ΏπŸ‘žπŸ‘–πŸ‘—πŸ‘œπŸ’Ό sourced directly from πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ down to 9ja πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ πŸ›οΈ
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by eben97: 12:49pm On May 07, 2023
Your 10mil won't take you far sir if u intend living in the middle community not high way settlement. Your 10mil will allow u cope in places like jikwoi, nyanya, orozo, kubwa... Your number of kids are quite on the high side too a fam of 6?? 2 BRm won't take u any were rather 3 BRM , and that will cost about 450k.Then the schools ,.... I taught for like 9yrs in FCT so I am a voice in that sector.for a fam of 4kids, you will likely spend up to 500k for a start depending on d class of the sch and that can even go as high as 700k. By the time you remove this amount from 10mil,one will wonder how much is left over amd how far it can go so as to establish a sound BIZ.I f your wife is a huzzler like you then you two can collaborate for a good sail. Agric business is the best to venture into for now, and that means shes gona get dirty !! believing she won't mind.But if you get a cab out of the 10mil fully registered , coupled side other huzzling, you will soar, then your wife too must be ready to jerk up.Be READY TO EXPEND AT LEAST 3MILLION ON YOUR SETTLING DOWN ,then see what your 7mil can do .

7 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Megabig: 12:50pm On May 07, 2023
Nice2023:

Good luck to u.

Thanks quite kind, thank you
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Mosetgg: 12:55pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

So you are saying there aren't more opportunities for business or investments in like real estate.

Also what of more exposure for the kids, is it not worth it

Abuja is a good place though it can be challenging at first only when you don't have money to sustain yourself for the first 2 months before you get your bearing.

I am a practicing lawyer and also into real estate and I am currently serving in Abuja but with the mind set of working and exterblishing myself in Abuja during and after my service.

It was really tough in the first 2 to 3 months, but currently I have enough money in my account to start my own law firm and invest in real estate. Just because I stayed through.

One good deal and knowing your way around Abuja is what you need.

I believe opportunities abound in Abuja more than your current location for both growth and exposure for you and your family.

As you've been advised earlier, I also supports the Idea that you come to Abuja first, study the environment and you will know exactly what you want to do next before bringing your family to join you.

All the best.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by chukkystar(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2023
Depends on Your Budget ooo, Abuja is expensive. Hope U have plan to make money when U come here.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by kaludestiny10(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2023
From your write up, you asked about a business you can start up which means that you are not a civil servant or a political appointee. Abuja is a place that requires steady flow of income into your pocket. Starting from house rent to school fee to transport fare to shop rent. Since you were able to save up to 10m while in Onitsha, I will advice that you remain in Onitsha because wetin dey for Sokoto also dey for Shokoto.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Iamicekid(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2023
An advice I will give his make sure the house you are getting u already have least 2 to 3yrs rent on lock, if u can survive that 2 to3yrs rent Omo forget everything else go dey easy, Na rent dey chase people comot go back where they come from in Abj

9 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Savechild23: 12:57pm On May 07, 2023
First you will enjoy peace and steady business without interruption by Ipob
Secondly, u will enjoy steady electricity depending on area of settlement
Thirdly, u stand a chance of getting good job if u are hardworking and non ethnically in behavior

2 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by itsene: 12:58pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

After all that transpired during the last election episode, you are still trying to escape from your state.
What is wrong, for God 's sake?
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Lemmy123(m): 12:59pm On May 07, 2023
Rubbiish:

Hmm real estate in abuja?
Landed properties are now ridiculously expensive in outskirts, not even close to town.

The world is now a global village, so long the kids have access to internet, I don't see anything they will learn here that they can't learn in other states, except for those far northern states, because of their religion.

I won't advice anyone moving from one state to another, it is same thing every where. Investing your money in your current location will pay u more than coming to abuja & starting all over again trying to familiarize with the environment. Unless u have a personal reason for wanting to leave your current location.

Internet can't solve everything.

Children learn more from their environment and their peers. In that regard, the standard where he lives cannot be compared to Abuja.

Don't discourage the young man, he's made a good decision.

Thank you

9 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by illicit(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2023
Divoc19:

Kubwa nko
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Dozieson(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

Stay in Maraba area of Abuja/Nasarawa. The population is good for any business you want to venture into. Your Igbos brothers are also plenty there. Housing, food and schooling is cheap there also.

2 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2023
Obi3icebaba:
If you want an affordable and secured environment with good facilities and good neighbors for you your kids , get a house in Navy Estate orozo. Get a nice car and start Uber for the main time while you learn more about Abuja and what business you can do

Best advice so far. Start uber for the mean time so u can get acquainted to the environment and get hold of what you can do. As a side hustle, open a poultry for madam, what you will spend per chicken till it gets to 6weeks is about 2500 and you will sell same chicken of 6 weeks for nothing less than 5k here in Abuja. Start small. Good luck to you guys and welcome to Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Things People Who Lived In Face To Face Houses Can Relate To / Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards / Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.