Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice (21667 Views)

Nairalander Needs Advice Regarding Mum And Wife / Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice / I Resigned From Work In Lagos, Relocated To Abuja To Be With My Girl & Get A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Wizpa(m): 1:54pm On May 07, 2023
Obi3icebaba:
If you want an affordable and secured environment with good facilities and good neighbors for you your kids , get a house in Navy Estate orozo. Get a nice car and start Uber for the main time while you learn more about Abuja and what business you can do

You get sense!!

I dey around Navy estate... make we link up
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by worldclass68(m): 1:56pm On May 07, 2023
With a 10m, and family of 3, I wouldn't want to waste it in Nigeria in this harsh economy....nah to japa alone and later come park my fams join body....
What I'll do tho...

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by seguntijan(m): 1:56pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:
Hi guys. I really need some advice on this please.

We are a family of 6 and I want to relocate my family from Onitsha to Abuja in order to hopefully have a better life and expose to kids to more.

But I am bothered by the uncertainty of this move.

Is this this good idea?

If you live or have lived in Abuja can you please advice me on where we can live and afford an average life in Abuja in terms of accommodation, feeding and transport.

Also what kind of business can one start up in Abuja as a newcomer with about 10m to survive.

I thought Peter Obi had turned Anambra to paradise?

I thought Peter Obi had turned Anambra to paradise

2 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by ford101: 1:59pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

So you are saying there aren't more opportunities for business or investments in like real estate.

Also what of more exposure for the kids, is it not worth it
oga if it's for ur kids,ur kids will turn out very bad.mark my words the level of promiscuity in abuja in fact suburbs is even crazier for me.oga if u don't even hold ur wife well in this useless abuja she might misbehave let alone ur kids.the igbo values on family isn't maintained in this part.mark my words

5 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by doggedfighter(f): 2:00pm On May 07, 2023
Chykes403:
Abeg 10million is small in Nigeria now o. Don't think it is big. By the time you rent a good 3bedroom in Abuja with 6kids and paying above 1million which includes agent and commission fee, plus you have not even started feeding the kids yet. Hmmmm....that 10million you think is big go remain 4million e go shock you grin

My advise is that you calm down and seek for God's direction in prayer and fasting. God no dey Bleep up for that side. Except you don't pray.

You said nothing meaningful in your advice.

Fasting and prayer ko
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by adex15: 2:01pm On May 07, 2023
I believe you save 10m in onitsha,you can still save more to japa to Canada rather than relocating to Abuja but if it isinsecurity,Abeg japa to a more secured state for now
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Peterlawyer(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2023
Nemesis0147:
how much is your rent
hi I need to relocate to Abuja too and i have been looking for a nice place to start life
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Georgejeez: 2:03pm On May 07, 2023
Mosetgg:

Abuja is a good place though it can be challenging at first only when you don't have money to sustain yourself for the first 2 months before you get your bearing.

I am a practicing lawyer and also into real estate and I am currently serving in Abuja but with the mind set of working and exterblishing myself in Abuja during and after my service.

Learned colleague, I'm currently serving here in the South East but aiming to relocate to Abuja next year ,, I will like to chat you privately , plz share your contact

It was really tough in the first 2 to 3 months, but currently I have enough money in my account to start my own law firm and invest in real estate. Just because I stayed through.

One good deal and knowing your way around Abuja is what you need.

I believe opportunities abound in Abuja more than your current location for both growth and exposure for you and your family.

As you've been advised earlier, I also supports the Idea that you come to Abuja first, study the environment and you will know exactly what you want to do next before bringing your family to join you.

All the best.

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by seetomorrow: 2:03pm On May 07, 2023
MamaletASO:
Since you have such reasonable amount of money with you, then, you can easily survive.

Come with your family as planned.

But start from a low cost district such kubwa, dutse, bwari, nyanya, karu, lugbe, etc. 2 bedroom is ok for u..

Then, get a business for yourself and be serious Abt it.

wow, I live in Lagos and i have been to Abj like the state too. But after going through all the comments here one after the other, your advise and comment is the best and calm comments i read here. I don't know you but your advise sounded PURE TRUE and reasonable.

3 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by coputa(m): 2:08pm On May 07, 2023
henrimoto:
Nothing dey Abuja ? ...abi na the location wey you dey for Abuja. The ones wey dey Breakthrough there ,na two heads them get ? Opportunities don end for Abuja ?? Oogaa!! Opportunities abound Every where.
That's why @Rubbish is telling frank33 to remain in Onitsha, opportunity abounds everywhere,he cannot afford to embark on an adventure with 6 children.like what Rubbish said,the world is now a global village;good schools
good tv programs, internet .can expose someone, He should be careful not to waste his money.A mother hen that has chicks doesn't knows how to run when the hawks will come visiting.

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by utepu: 2:11pm On May 07, 2023
Pray about it. Then move. Do you have a skill? If yes, work with your still. And one last thing, be careful with the company you keep when you get here. Double check any investment you want to go into before you key in. Then thank me later.
Good luck bro

ote author=frank33 post=122753378]Hi guys. I really need some advice on this please.

We are a family of 6 and I want to relocate my family from Onitsha to Abuja in order to hopefully have a better life and expose to kids to more.

Is this this good idea?

If you live or have lived in Abuja can you please advice me on where we can live and afford an average life in Abuja in terms of accommodation, feeding and transport.

Also what kind of business can one start up in Abuja as a newcomer with about 10m to survive.[/quote]
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by triplek2000: 2:13pm On May 07, 2023
Mindlog:

It is not advisable to move with your family, immediately. You alone have to go first, to survey what is on ground in terms of business opportunities, accommodation etc with less pressure. If you are okay with your findings then you can rent an accommodation and go back to the East to get your family.
This is the best advise so far , my brother this . it is not advisable to move to a place where work is not guarantee with your family , you can start by renting a room for a year and move around look for what is suitable for you and your family before moving them . you can also japa out of the country with that amount but not with your family .
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by jayAjoku(m): 2:16pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

Also what kind of business can one start up in Abuja as a newcomer with about 10m to survive.
rent a house in a place you can afford that has Constant supply of light , Abuja is quite expensive when it comes to accommodations, I believe that’s the most expensive thing in Abuja, get a very good and reliable car That will carry you from point A to Point B very easily Abuja has good roads and most places are far from most places. Always buy your food in bulk and store it Food In Abuja is very cheap so buying in bulk is best as for business you can start with bolt or Uber till you get a hang of the city
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Ignatio(m): 2:20pm On May 07, 2023
I suggest you move alone first, stay like three months before bringing your family up.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by coputa(m): 2:22pm On May 07, 2023
jayAjoku:
rent a house in a place you can afford that has Constant supply of light , Abuja is quite expensive when it comes to accommodations, I believe that’s the most expensive thing in Abuja, get a very good and reliable car That will carry you from point A to Point B very easily Abuja has good roads and most places are far from most places. Always buy your food in bulk and store it Food In Abuja is very cheap so buying in bulk is best as for business you can start with bolt or Uber till you get a hang of the city
After buying a car and renting an apartment, how much will remain in the 10m naira.This is a bad advice.

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by rowland545(m): 2:36pm On May 07, 2023
Obi3icebaba:
If you want an affordable and secured environment with good facilities and good neighbors for you your kids , get a house in Navy Estate orozo. Get a nice car and start Uber for the main time while you learn more about Abuja and what business you can do
u want him to go to karshi ... anyway it's not a bad idea...but houses in navy estate are a bit expensive...I stay at gidan daya ...houses der r cheaper
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by rowland545(m): 2:37pm On May 07, 2023
quincee88:
Abuja will fully and happily welcome you. You can stay in any if these areas: Orozo, jukwoyi, Karu. They are safe, with something close to stable electricity. Among these places, there are estates too, much more safer. You will be alright.
u r 100% correct
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by rowland545(m): 2:38pm On May 07, 2023
Nemesis0147:
I have been hearing a lot of good things about this orozo but my problem is it is very far from town and prone to holdup,,,,please do you live around that axis?
depends on the orozo...orozo is a bit rough place...but gidan daya gidan mangoro....they r pretty decent
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by joinnow: 2:43pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

Business first
Note business don't fail it's the owner that fails.
Second when you get there observe for any market gap. Example if you want to open a restruant look for hungry crowd.
Alternatively what business did you do to raise #10m continue same in Abuja
Note
top politician
Contractors
Top civil servants
Are good to good.
Considering the risk of Boko attack only rent inside Abuja not the outskit

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:45pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

make sure you get a car, buy small land in a place like bwari,and build 2bedroom, you can start bolt transportation business so you can look around for more opportunities. But without this things mentioned! Don't try it, just stay in Onitsha in peace bro

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by millionboi2: 2:46pm On May 07, 2023
OloyeVIII:
Been here for some 22yrs. Getting a property here is expensive depending on your location, i'd suggest you move to one of the small localities close to town (mpape, nyanya, mararaba aren't good places to raise a fam tho) kubwa, dutse, bwari, apo and karu are nice and affordable.. Plus affordable schools too, with your 10metre try getting a land around ushafa area from the locals(400 - 600grand).. In no time, you'll be a landlord.. Run away from anything that will make you pay rent in this town..
mararaba, nyanya is not good place to raise a family come talk what you know and don't say what you don't know.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Lanre6: 2:47pm On May 07, 2023
ford101:
oga if it's for ur kids,ur kids will turn out very bad.mark my words the level of promiscuity in abuja in fact suburbs is even crazier for me.oga if u don't even hold ur wife well in this useless abuja she might misbehave let alone ur kids.the igbo values on family isn't maintained in this part.mark my words
grin
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by millionboi2: 2:49pm On May 07, 2023
Pacesetter2021:
Abuja is a family friendly state. It's decent, quiet and healthy food is very cheap.

Try not to mix with people that will make you feel pressured to live above your means.

Don't live inexpensive area cos school too is very expensive in such areas. Except you can find a Catholic school or Winners chapel school.

If you are planning to own a business, stay around places that business thrive. Example kubwa or make inquiries and get a shop in wuse, jabi, etc

Years ago, my uncle and his family moved from onitsha to Abuja. Today they are in the US.

You can do all your planning between now and September when new session will start in school.

Above all, pray to God and know what he thinks about this idea of yours. That's what's most important.
is being in USA an achievement?

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Machinegun91(m): 2:58pm On May 07, 2023
You don cast for Onitsha

You wan come hide for Abuja abi?

I hope your preeq is still strong?

Those demons in Abuja called girls will wipe that 10m within 1 year

2 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Prettychild(f): 3:02pm On May 07, 2023
Obi3icebaba:
But Orozo is too far from town na plus traffic to and fro
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 07, 2023
Abuja is a good place, beside I stay in kubwa, I came to Abuja with just my bag and God has made it possible for me to be able to become a somebody, so this is my advice to you
1. Get a taxi business, with this you can be making about 20k DAILY, I know what I am saying. Though I'm an okada rider, I make about 15k to 20k weekly.. a very lucrative business

2. Charcoal business, here in kubwa, I buy charcoal as of today 3300 and I sell for about 4100 and make about 800 naira per bag and in a week, if the market is favourable I can supply about 40bags. You can go into the business once you arrive Abuja

3. Lastly, don't go to maitama or asokoro. Find a place like wuse, Area 1, Kubwa and the rest.. I wish you good luck sir
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by professore(m): 3:15pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

my own advice is to remember not to put all eggs in one basket in terms of business.

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Easybet1(m): 3:17pm On May 07, 2023
Obi3icebaba:

300 one bedroom
single room self contain or room and parlour self ?
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Obi3icebaba(m): 3:19pm On May 07, 2023
Easybet1:
single room self contain or room and parlour self ?

One bedroom is room and palour self contain

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Easybet1(m): 3:21pm On May 07, 2023
Obi3icebaba:

One bedroom is room and palour self contain
thats cheap compare to lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When He Says I Don't Owe You Happiness. Will You Still Remain In The Marriage? / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 16 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.