Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,210 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic (21442 Views)

What Car Is The Most Popular For Women In Nigeria? / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) / How Can I Know A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchasing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by xandy84: 1:04pm On May 07, 2023
I am a 8 years experienced mechanic that also teach people how to be a mechanic in community college and I can tell you parts for automotive is either made in China or Mexico cos of price factor. Ordering parts from US or Germany is buying parts shipped from China to US.
I bought Ford F350 work truck with 160,000 miles. Scanned the truck, found out it has timing issue. I do not replaced the timing even as a mechanic cos I know it's going to be slippery slope from there on..I swapped the engine for reman engine that will do another 200,000 miles easy.
We buy a car that has over 200,000 miles from abroad that someone has already rolled the miles back, and we expect it to perform as brand new car and blame mechanics and China parts. Sometimes, you best bet is to let the engine go cos the internal wear and tear on the block and timing is too much to repair.

martyns303:
I can understand, the problem is our mechanics. Even with your money you can’t get good service, and if you are able to get good service be advice 95% of all parts in Nigeria are China, not the original from the car manufacturer. So within a few months the part would have packed up. I drive a Benz, I have the money but to get good service is a problem, I have now resorted to ordering the parts from abroad, expensive, but at least I have peace of mind. Car generally is expensive to maintain.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by OyiboOyibo(m): 1:05pm On May 07, 2023
Sell it or it may wreck you financially.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Jukay: 1:05pm On May 07, 2023
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

You're a very wicked person
I pray you fall victim to buy such problem.

Which wicked person its to resell till someone buys and find a solution.
No be from person e buy am too
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by GodsOwn2004(m): 1:05pm On May 07, 2023
What about the throttle body?(Popularly called injector mouth), and the IACV (intake air control valve)---are they in good condition?

qquote author=Labragadaya post=122977846]I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry as my first car in October and for the first 2-3 months the car performed pretty well.

However lately, from January it has been one problem to the other.

From overheating to coil problem to spark plug problem and others.

The recent issue with the car is that the car doesn’t hold slow anymore.

That is the car goes off at slow speeds. I’ve changed coil, changed spark plug, ringed engine twice all to no avail.

This has caused a huge hole in my pocket as I’ve even had to borrow to pay for some of these repairs.

Just yesterday in a bid to resolve this issue, I took the car to another mechanic and he told me my engine block had washed and that even if he grinded the valve the holding slow issue won’t stop. I inquired about the cost of replacing the block and purchase alone was close to a 100 thousand. I’m just tired and frustrated, I need advise, do I sell the car or do I repair this?

Is this mechanic trying to extort me. Experience car users please advise[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Johnn74: 1:07pm On May 07, 2023
VeryWickedPrick:
Become a mechanic
grin angry grin
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Bahamas95(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2023
coputa:
Did you buy it direct Belgium or second hand.Please Sell that car fast, stop pumping money into it.it will wreck you,it has been compromised.
Buy problem? undecided

This is why it's not advisable to buy a Nigerian used car, I would rather buy a brand new Toyota Corolla than buy a second hand Nigerian used Venza.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Labragadaya: 1:08pm On May 07, 2023
coputa:
Did you buy it direct Belgium or second hand.Please Sell that car fast, stop pumping money into it.it will wreck you,it has been compromised.
I bought it Naija used
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Royalty83(m): 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hmmm

And the funny thing is that you are even planning on selling it and people here are even advising you to sell it

Oh lord people are wicked

So who be the idiot you want make he buy and inherits this problem

Low life Obidient yahoo boy.. Been a while

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
idonhammer:
You wan make him babe leave am abi

Bro any man wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by zedegit: 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:
I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry as my first car in October and for the first 2-3 months the car performed pretty well.

That is the car goes off at slow speeds. I’ve changed coil, changed spark plug, ringed engine twice all to no avail.

This has caused a huge hole in my pocket as I’ve even had to borrow to pay for some of these repairs.

Just yesterday in a bid to resolve this issue, I took the car to another mechanic and he told me my engine block had washed and that even if he grinded the valve the holding slow issue won’t stop. I inquired about the cost of replacing the block and purchase alone was close to a 100 thousand. I’m just tired and frustrated, I need advise, do I sell the car or do I repair this?

Is this mechanic trying to extort me. Experience car users please advise

It's obvious you bought it second hand but did you go with a mechanic to inspect it before buying?

I doubt you did. Typical of some people. Penny wise, pound foolish.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by ChyjoskyJ: 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
Sell it
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Pauladex(m): 1:11pm On May 07, 2023
We are extremely wicked in this part of the world. Sell it to who? Just abandon it with the kaseem and buy another one.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Angrygoat: 1:14pm On May 07, 2023
Buy another engine,they might buy your engine for 60k,add another 200k u go buy confirm toks engine. No enter Panamo, the one that has a big gate oh. Move front small,the second turning enter inside small like journey of 2mins. U go see your engine . Sole.. for dem to load am come out,like 5k wheel barrow. Cars don cost,replace the engine first before u sell it. At least u go get mouth,dey do Shakara. If you sell am like that,na 300k dem go buy am
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Nellygath: 1:15pm On May 07, 2023
FOR MAINTENANCE OF YOUR COMBUSTIBLE ENGINES SUCH AS CAR'S, GENERATOR'S, TRUCKS, BOAT'S.......IS THE USE OF FUEL TREATMENT.
If you are using fuel treatment in your car, generators, trucks and so on, you cannot be quarrelling with your mechanics all the time.
Now i introduce to you the best fuel treatment in the market now called (FFX).

Fuel Factor X ( FFX) is the best in the market now because of many components combined together unlike other brands that contained one or two components because it maintains, prolong and cleans your engine, pistons and rod, increases the life span of your engines and also saves money.
There are so many benefits of using FFX in your industrial machines, or in your factory, cars, generators, trucks etc.
What is the aim for fuel treatment?

Fuel treatment contain additives that can protect an engine from future wear and tear. They can reverse the consequences of poor combustion. Additives can be a critical part of engine maintenance and can save vehicle, truck, and equipment owner's money over the long run

BENEFITS OF FFX IN YOUR CAR, LISTERS, TRUCKS ETC

DETERGENTS
Cleans and maintains injectors, as well as the rest of the fuel system, so the engine works as efficiently as possible.

POLYMERIZATION RETARDANTS
Reduces solids that form in the fuel tank and keep the engine clean, prolonging the life of all engine parts.

RUST & CORROSION INHIBITORS
Removes and prevents rust in the fuel system, keeping it running efficiently.

DEMULSIFIERS
Helps separate water from fuel. A single drop of water can cause an injector to fail and damage the entire engine.

FUEL STABILIZER
Stabilizes fuel to keep it from breaking down or deteriorating and gives fuel a longer shell life.
It comes in sachet, bottle, gallon etc.

You can call/whatsapp: 08030922160.

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by coputa(m): 1:20pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:

I bought it Naija used
I thought as much,those persistent problems are the reasons they sold it,they will never tell you the truth,i learnt the same lessons years back.Dont think of what people will say,put it out for sale then add money to buy direct Belgium, don't be in a hurry to buy another car.please also go for TOYOTA brand.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Satazaa: 1:21pm On May 07, 2023
DennisEche:

How am I wicked, was the car not sold to him by another person? Forming holier than thou and na them corrupt pass
and if you are not wicked and dark hearted must he continue to perpetuate the wickedness and evil as u have advised?
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by unclejb2(m): 1:22pm On May 07, 2023
You bought a dead car from the onset.

Next time but a good grade foreign used car and have peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by mediclife1987(m): 1:24pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:
I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry as my first car in October and for the first 2-3 months the car performed pretty well.

You're on your way to financial bankruptcy if you don't dispose that car bro...
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Originalsly: 1:25pm On May 07, 2023
Of the car ran good for 2 to 3 months then it was fairly good. If it really had problems they wouldn't remain hidden for more than a week driving before they start popping up one after the other. I see your problem here first caused by you.... and made worse by the mechanic. Overheating.... most likely.... water in the radiator and was not topped up regularly.... ran low and the engine overheated. Took it to the Kazeem and he did what they do ..... overheating?.... thermostat must be removed and the rest is history. The amount of short cuts on that engine will give any good mechanic headache to correct and you will pay dearly. My advice .... stop pouring money into it..... save and get a new engine... preferably import or from a certified mechanic. Use coolant and not water. 2002 Camry engine is a beast .... but there isn't a beast that Kazeems can't kill.

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by nedekid: 1:26pm On May 07, 2023
Replace the engine.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Mohisah: 1:26pm On May 07, 2023
May God gv u moni to buy a better car from a good car plug. Some people prefer buying car from Cotonou straight or overseas even if you will pay sm custom fees... It's better to hv peace of mind of not going to mechanic everyday.... One of my Uncle bought a car from US, since 8yrs ago he's nvr visited di garage for faults except lubricant oil or changing brake pads

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Chykes403: 1:29pm On May 07, 2023
If you don't have 10 to 15% of income that can maintain a car, you have no need purchasing it. Let us be wise.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:35pm On May 07, 2023
helinues:

Chai, this guy don resurface after Obi's loss.

You know sabi nada
others dey talk motor, you dey talk politics. Na why I dey tire for una agbado people I swear, very offside people
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by rashfat(m): 1:35pm On May 07, 2023
Righthussle:

You're certainly not in Nigeria.

I am in Nigeria and there are responsible insurance companies in Nigeria. Top 3 on my list; Custodian Life Assurance, Aiico and Leadway.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Allisgud: 1:36pm On May 07, 2023
Na wa o from this analysis u stated now,me wey dey trek get rest of mind o,I trek in peace
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Coronavirus1: 1:36pm On May 07, 2023
Sale it and add money to buy a fresh car
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by greggng: 1:36pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:

The problem you had with that car was bad mechanic.
Right now you need a sound engine to replace what you have there . Don't enter the market to buy engine yourself...to avoid one chance ....in my case I have a trusted person that help me to source for the best . If the engine didn't work, he replaces it within the period he gave as warranty .

However if you are tired of it , you have an option ..I can buy it from you and fix it myself...You can contact me whenever you are ready ..you most be within lagos . Before you sell , ask yourself if you have another money to add on other to buy another car .

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by GreatAutos(m): 1:37pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:

I know what the issue is with your car
There’s a switch you need to change
I know this because it happened to my own Toyota Camry with 5s engine

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by poweredcom(m): 1:40pm On May 07, 2023
Na car wey dem don work on u go buy
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Zenithphil8368: 1:41pm On May 07, 2023
Sure say you never knack inside... because some girls got evil in them...

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by brightDdon(m): 1:42pm On May 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hmmm

And the funny thing is that you are even planning on selling it and people here are even advising you to sell it

Oh lord people are wicked

So who be the idiot you want make he buy and inherits this problem

Welcome back
We've missed you here .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three / Autel OBD Scanner: Check that check engine! Buy a scanner. / 15 Places You Must Never Overtake The Car In Front Of You When Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.