Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life (5013 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by Emusan(m): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
แปŒmแป it's a common dogma in the churches of Christendom but it's not written anywhere in the Bible that one should accept Jesus as Lord and personal saviour! smiley

Reason why you couldn't answer the simple question cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

Is Jesus your Lord and Personal Saviour?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
There is no dogma in the Biblical truth that salvation is personal (John 3:3,16,18; Romans 5:18,19).
There is no dogma in the truth that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour of sinners the world over (Acts 4:10-12).
There is no dogma in the Scriptural truth that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life and that noone can come to the Father (and His Kingdom) but through Him (John 14:6).
Accepting the truth that you can't save yourself and that only Christ can save you from sin and it's consequences means accepting Christ as Lord and personal Saviour (Titus 3:5-7).
Believing in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary on your behalf as basis for your redemption means accepting Jesus as Lord and personal Saviour.
Believing that Christ is the only One that can set you free and free indeed is accepting Him as your Lord and personal Saviour (John 8:32,36).
Except you believe that Christ is the Lord and only Saviour, you will die in your sins the implication of which is eternal damnation (John 8:24; 3:18).
This thread was opened by my humbleself and remains mine.
My explanations here are not for you and the hardened in religious indoctrination but for those who want to know the truth for their own eternal wellbeing.

All these is campaign after election, just quote where Jesus or his disciples asked anyone to accept Christ as his Lord and personal saviour?

I know most of you often echo it without finding out if it's proper! 1Thessalonians 5:21
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2023
Emusan:

Reason why you couldn't answer the simple question cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
Is Jesus your Lord and Personal Saviour?
It's not a reasonable question but an ideology based on dogma!
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by Emusan(m): 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's not a reasonable question but an ideology based on dogma!

So Jesus isn't your Lord and Personal Saviour.... cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by FreedomfromtheT: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

All these is campaign after election, just quote where Jesus or his disciples asked anyone to accept Christ as his Lord and personal saviour?

I know most of you often echo it without finding out if it's proper! 1Thessalonians 5:21
You are simply indoctrinated.
It is expressly written in Romans 10:9,10 and implied in others I quoted earlier including Romans 6:23 and John 1:29,36 and 37.
Paul the Apostle saved by Christ Himself was the writer of the epistle to the Romans while John the Baptist was the forerunner of Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
You are simply indoctrinated.
It is expressly written in Romans 10:9,10 and implied in others I quoted earlier including Romans 6:23 and John 1:29,36 and 37.
Paul the Apostle saved by Christ Himself was the writer of the epistle to the Romans while John the Baptist was the forerunner of Christ.

Where is it written that Jesus or his disciples asked anyone to accept Jesus as his personal Lord and saviour?

Guy if it's not written anywhere then you should know that you're adding to what's written in God's word! undecided
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
Emusan:

So Jesus isn't your Lord and Personal Saviour.... cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

It's a dogma!
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by Emusan(m): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
It's a dogma!

It's like you just learnt that word cheesy grin cheesy grin

Meanwhile, meaning of dogma is "a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true."

So is it true that Jesus is your Lord and Personal Saviour?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
Emusan:

It's like you just learnt that word cheesy grin cheesy grin
Meanwhile, meaning of dogma is "a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true."
So is it true that Jesus is your Lord and Personal Saviour?
It's just a dogma! smiley
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by Emusan(m): 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
It's just a dogma! smiley

Jesus isn't your Lord and Personal Saviour! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
Emusan:

Jesus isn't your Lord and Personal Saviour! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Dogma!
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by Emusan(m): 10:27am On Jun 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Dogma!

Thomas: "My Lord and My God"

Matthew 8:21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

Matthew 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Matthew 14:28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

Matthew 22:43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

John 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

1 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope

1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Every true disciples of Jesus Christ are always proud to call Jesus their Lord and Saviour but JWs is afraid and called it dogma cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin

Anyways, I know you're not bold enough to answer that question straight forward. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by FreedomfromtheT: 11:25am On Jun 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Where is it written that Jesus or his disciples asked anyone to accept Jesus as his personal Lord and saviour?

Guy if it's not written anywhere then you should know that you're adding to what's written in God's word! undecided
Jesus Christ is the only Lord and Saviour.
Revelations 3:20 says "Behold I (Christ) stand at the door and know: if any person (sinner) hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and he with me".
Opening the door of one's heart for Christ to come in is same as receiving Him as Lord and Saviour.
If your indoctrinated heart and dogma as a JWS member doesn't see it that way, it is a pity.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by bukatyne(f): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
I have seen many of them. Their dressing should be commended by any person who has a sense of godliness, morality or modesty.

You think only DL members' dress sense is the ideal one as Christians?

You are doing the very thing you DLers have been accused of in this thread.

And yes, I do not like the way DL women dress; Christianity is not mass mourning. Read the virtuous woman to get an idea of how to look.

Also attended a service once and I was bored to death.

In my Father's house, there is joy, there is life, it is bubbling. Read Ps 150 to see how joyous God wants us to be in His house.

Enter MFM and see how joyous their service and how beautiful their members look without earrings, jewellery or trousers.

You attend a service and everyone comes out smiling, glad to be in their Father's house.

I don't want the one that the service feels like a burial ceremony of a young person and after service, people carry face like they are carrying the burden of the whole world.

Anyways, Pastor Kumuyi is changing after several people have followed his wrong teachings and died in them.

Like I would always say, dear Christian, Read your Bible for yourself and understand.

Ire o!
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by bukatyne(f): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
I didn't insult you sir. I simply addressed you by what you assumed to be, Mr. faultfinding, character assassinating judge of those who are better than him.

@bold:

๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜€
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Jesus Christ is the only Lord and Saviour.
Revelations 3:20 says "Behold I (Christ) stand at the door and know: if any person (sinner) hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and he with me".
Opening the door of one's heart for Christ to come in is same as receiving Him as Lord and Saviour.
If your indoctrinated heart and dogma as a JWS member doesn't see it that way, it is a pity.

This is not what i asked you!

You people just pick up a slogan and start parroting it as if any servant of God taught it in the Bible.
In the congregation of God each member must see Christ Jesus as his owner who bought him at a high cost so when Jesus gives orders anyone who doesn't join others in carrying out Jesus' order is lying to his own soul that's what the scriptures teaches not that you will just walk up to someone without any agreement on what Jesus commanded then start asking if such a person has accepted Jesus as Lord.
If you're not a dummy i have been quoting Jesus ever since i came to this thread telling you what he commanded and how to carry out his orders you're only quoting verses that has nothing to do with Jesus' order then claiming Kumuyi this Kumuyi that.
Can you quote anywhere in all my posts where i quoted anyone apart from Jesus?
Well that's what it means to accept Jesus as Lord not just calling him Lord! Lord! Without knowing or carrying out his orders! Matthew 7:21-23
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by Emusan(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You people just pick up a slogan and start parroting it as if any servant of God taught it in the Bible.

Where did Jesus or any apostles talk about 1914?

Hypocrite!

You pick up that slogan from where?

In the congregation of God each member must see Christ Jesus as his owner who bought him at a high cost so when Jesus gives orders anyone who doesn't join others in carrying out Jesus' order is lying to his own soul that's what the scriptures teaches not that you will just walk up to someone without any agreement on what Jesus commanded then start asking if such a person has accepted Jesus as Lord.

Storyteller cheesy grin cheesy grin

Did apostles of Jesus call Him their Lord and Saviour?

The answer is resounding Yes!

Is it wrong to say to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour?

The answer is a resounding, No!
If you're not a dummy i have been quoting Jesus ever since i came to this thread telling you what he commanded and how to carry out his orders you're only quoting verses that has nothing to do with Jesus' order then claiming Kumuyi this Kumuyi that.

Did Jesus say He is the Lord and Saviour of the world?

The scripture has been provided, so why can't you answer the simple question if Jesus is your Lord and Saviour.. cheesy grin cheesy grin

The scriptures he has been quoted since were they from watchtower booklets?

Well that's what it means to accept Jesus as Lord not just calling him Lord! Lord! Without knowing or carrying out his orders! Matthew 7:21-23

Jesus says "you'll receive power after the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you shall be MY WITNESS..."

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
Emusan:

Where did Jesus or any apostles talk about 1914? Hypocrite!
You pick up that slogan from where?
That's not a slogan but teaching of a religious sect so they can't ask you if you believe it since you've not studied the Bible with them in other to agree on the doctrine.
Emusan:

Did apostles of Jesus call Him their Lord and Saviour?
Among themselves after studying (observing) him for a long time {Matthew 16:13-16} they won't go about asking members of other religions if they have accepted their own teaching without prior agreement.
Emusan:

Is it wrong to say to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour?
YES! It is wrong because it's after studying the Bible together that people come to agreement not just asking someone from another religion if he has accepted what you believe without any agreement on what the scripture say!
Emusan:

Did Jesus say He is the Lord and Saviour of the world?
NO! Jesus can only save those believing in him and acting on his instructions not everyone so he is Lord only over his own disciples that's why those who never believe him slapped and spat on his face. Surely none of his disciples can do that to him because to them Jesus is Lord!
Emusan:

The scripture has been provided, so why can't you answer the simple question if Jesus is your Lord and Saviour..
I won't answer you because you and i are talking about different Jesus, before i can agree on what you're saying we must agree to n what Jesus commanded then we can both talk about how to carry out the orders of our Lord. But since we aren't agreeing on terms and conditions of worship keep your Jesus while i keep mine!
Emusan:

The scriptures he has been quoted since were they from watchtower booklets?
Jesus says "you'll receive power after the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you shall be MY WITNESS..."

Who are WITNESSES of someone?
Are they those shouting his name using various slogans or those acting on his orders? Matthew 7:21-23 compare to Matthew 15:8 smiley
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by FreedomfromtheT: 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It was Jesus Christ who gave the invitation in Revelations 3:20. Responding to Christ's invitation is same as receiving Him as Lord and personal Saviour.
You can read it again and either believe it or continue to hold on to the interpretation your 'New World Translation' or JWS 'Apostles' gave it.
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by FreedomfromtheT: 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
bukatyne:

@bold:

๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜€
Hello beloved.
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by FreedomfromtheT: 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
bukatyne:

You think only DL members' dress sense is the ideal one as Christians?

You are doing the very thing you DLers have been accused of in this thread.

And yes, I do not like the way DL women dress; Christianity is not mass mourning. Read the virtuous woman to get an idea of how to look.

Also attended a service once and I was bored to death.

In my Father's house, there is joy, there is life, it is bubbling. Read Ps 150 to see how joyous God wants us to be in His house.

Enter MFM and see how joyous their service and how beautiful their members look without earrings, jewellery or trousers.

You attend a service and everyone comes out smiling, glad to be in their Father's house.

I don't want the one that the service feels like a burial ceremony of a young person and after service, people carry face like they are carrying the burden of the whole world.

Anyways, Pastor Kumuyi is changing after several people have followed his wrong teachings and died in them.

Like I would always say, dear Christian, Read your Bible for yourself and understand.

Ire o!

The Deeper Life Bible Church is where I and multitudes of others enjoy worshipping and fellowshipping.
A lot of us will never trade Deeper Life worship with that of the likes of MFM, not saying that MFM is not a good Church.
The Church is not an entertainment center. A Church is a place where a sinner is told the word of God so that he can repent and be saved. Yes, there should be motivational messages occasionally you don't expect messages that will make sinners in the Congregation happy all the time.
A Yoruba adage says that if some siblings enter a room and all of them come our laughing, they most likely deceived themselves but if they come out frowning, most probably someone told others the bitter truth.
So in a Church were sinners, backslidders and compromisers are always laughing after a service, the leaders are most likely not telling the members what they should be told. One cannot assume that all the members of a Local Church are doing the will of God.
Your finding faults with the Deeper Life mode of worship shows that something is perhaps wrong with your socalled Christianity or mindset.
Infact your insinuation or labelling of Pastor Kumuyi' s teachings as wrong shows you are most likely NOT A CHRISTIAN to start with because a genuine Christian can never engage in false witness or character assassination.
Please can you mention the wrong teachings of pastor Kumuyi here?
If you don't or go into the usual TV propaganda, then we will know who you are and working for.
For your information, pastor Kumuyi is not changing the doctrines of the Bible and by the grace of God will never do that.
I don't need your mischievous counsel but for your information I am a Berean believer. I do read my Bible for myself and whatever I am taught that is not in the Bible I reject.
Thank you.
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
It was Jesus Christ who gave the invitation in Revelations 3:20. Responding to Christ's invitation is same as receiving Him as Lord and personal Saviour.
You can read it again and either believe it or continue to hold on to the interpretation your 'New World Translation' or JWS 'Apostles' gave it.

"Look! I am standing at the door and knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into his house and take the evening meal with him and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Please where did Jesus ask anyone to accept him as PERSONAL LORD and SAVIOUR in this verse?

Guy i'm not here to outshine you but know that when next you come in contact with JWs try to humble yourself and learn.

Neither Jesus nor any of his disciples asked anyone to accept him as personal Lord and saviour so if you're ready to learn Jehovah's Witnesses are in your neighbourhood i know you're feeling uncomfortable with the way i've been establishing the truth using God's word but if you want to continue in your arrogance it's OK.

Jesus can't save people without accurate knowledge and it's not automatic you must be with his true disciples to learn from them not going to one so called pastor thinking he knows it all.

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by FreedomfromtheT: 8:20am On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

"Look! I am standing at the door and knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into his house and take the evening meal with him and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Please where did Jesus ask anyone to accept him as PERSONAL LORD and SAVIOUR in this verse?

Guy i'm not here to outshine you but know that when next you come in contact with JWs try to humble yourself and learn.

Neither Jesus nor any of his disciples asked anyone to accept him as personal Lord and saviour so if you're ready to learn Jehovah's Witnesses are in your neighbourhood i know you're feeling uncomfortable with the way i've been establishing the truth using God's word but if you want to continue in your arrogance it's OK.

Jesus can't save people without accurate knowledge and it's not automatic you must be with his true disciples to learn from them not going to one so called pastor thinking he knows it all.

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
You can then query Jesus Christ who saved me from my sins on the 18th of November, 1999 when I repented and accepted Him as my Lord and personal Saviour after I heard the true gospel and humbly accepted the saving truth as it happened in the early Church (Acts 2: 37-41)
I didn't need your fellow religious sinners and blinded indoctrinators going from house to house, spreading soul damning falsehoods, distributing and selling their religious books to be saved by Christ.
There is a wide difference between salvation from sin through Christ's saving gospel of grace and indoctrination by proud, conceited and almost irredeemable religionists.
As free moral agents, those who leave the true saving gospel and decide to be indoctrinated by you and your fellow deluded and self-conceited Jehovah's witnesses are free to do so but at their own eternal peril (2nd Corinthians 11:13-15; Hebrews 2:3; 2nd John verses 10,11).
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:48am On Jun 12, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:

Thank you.

You're welcome! smiley
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by FreedomfromtheT: 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're welcome! smiley
I am glad you seem to have conme to terms with the truth that accepting Jesus Christ as Lord leads to salvation which makes Christ Lord and Saviour of the new convert.

Zaccheus, the repentant corrupt tax collector received Christ joyfully and accepted Him his Lord on a personal note and was therefore saved (Luke 19:6,cool.

The repentant thief on the Cross accepted Christ as Lord personally despite the foolish remarks of his fellow thief and was therefore saved from going from the Cross to hellfire (Luke 23:42,43).
The woman caught red handed committing adultery accepted Christ as Lord personally despite condemnation from hypocritical scribes and Pharisees and was therefore saved (John 8:11).

Saul of Tarsus, the elsewhile persecutor of Christ's followers recognized and accepted Christ as his personal Lord when he was accosted on the road to Damascus and was also saved (Acts 9:5,17-20).

Therefore, the phrase "surrender to" or "accept Christ as Lord and personal Saviour" consequent to repentance is Scriptural.
Thank you.
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
I am glad you seem to have conme to terms with the truth that accepting Jesus Christ as Lord leads to salvation which makes Christ Lord and Saviour of the new convert.

Zaccheus, the repentant corrupt tax collector received Christ joyfully and accepted Him his Lord on a personal note and was therefore saved (Luke 19:6,cool.

The repentant thief on the Cross accepted Christ as Lord personally despite the foolish remarks of his fellow thief and was therefore saved from going from the Cross to hellfire (Luke 23:42,43).
The woman caught red handed committing adultery accepted Christ as Lord on personally despite condemnation from hypocritical scribes and Pharisees and was therefore saved (John 8:11).

Saul of Tarsus, the elsewhile persecutor of Christ's followers recognized and accepted Christ as his personal Lord when he was accosted on the road to Damascus and was also saved (Acts 9:5,17-20).

Therefore, the phrase "surrender to" or "accept Christ as Lord and personal Saviour" consequent to repentance is Scriptural.
Thank you.

แปŒmแป Only Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians i just have to stop getting you upset since you choose to see things differently.
It's OK continue worshipping you God it's a free world! smiley
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by FreedomfromtheT: 10:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

แปŒmแป Only Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians i just have to stop getting you upset since you choose to see things differently.
It's OK continue worshipping you God it's a free world! smiley
Jehovah's witnesses are not saved from sin by grace through faith in Christ.
They rely on 'salvation' by works of receiving indocrination and going about twisting the Bible and spreading errors to unsuspecting people.
A true Christian must first have been saved as he repents from sin and appropriates the finished work of Christ at Calvary on his or her behalf by faith.
Such a Christian joins a living Church of other Christians so as to learn more about the faith, know the mind of God, His expectations for him/her, fellowship with other brethren, pray and grow in grace.
He or she should make himself available for water baptism by immersion as the Lord Jesus did and commanded.
The Christian must continue with Christ to the end in order to eventually enter the Kingdom of God as there is no unconditional eternal security for backslidders or 'sinning Christians'.
The Christian is expected to serve God faithfully and graciously in appreciation for saving him/her and in order to get rewards in heaven.
There are several Local Churches were genuine Christians can be found, one of which is the Deeper Christian Life Ministry otherwise called the Deeper Life Bible Church.
Unfortunately, a lot of people hate or dislike Deeper Life members due to their stance on real, uncompromising Christian life, as a result of what they hear from others about Deeper Life members, due to misconceptions or just stereotype.
A few Deeper Life members also fuel the hatred by their shallow lives unbefitting of real Christians as Deeper Life is known to teach. This of course pisses some people off as they don't expect shallow life from Deeper Life members.
Some just hate Deeper Life members because "they believe they are holier than other Christians or they are the only ones going to heaven".
Unfortunately, the sins, mistakes, judgemental attitude or overzealousness of a few are usually generalized and every Deeper Life member made to suffer for it as it were.
Some who were formerly members but left due to being rebuked or disciplined, owing to offence from another member or due to their backslidden state go about polluting people's minds against this unique and blessed Church.
I personally heard a lot of bad things said about Deeper Life members but that didn't stop me from joining the Church.
I later discovered that most of the allegations against Deeper Life members are exaggerations.
My friend, Jesus loves you.
If you wish to attend Deeper Life Bible Church in your locality or headquarters church, you are welcome.
A visit may change your misconceptions or stereotype about this amazing congregation of saints.
God will bless, solve your problems, help you to be grounded in the truth of the Bible and grant you the grace to make heaven eventually in Jesus' name, Amen.
God bless you.
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:36am On Jun 13, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Jehovah's witnesses are not saved from sin by grace through faith in Christ.
Well by the undeserved kindness of God we are on the narrow path to salvation {Matthew 7:13-14} the road that only a few have found and as for sin that has been taken care by the blood of Jesus so all we need to do is obey his instructions and continue WORKING with his organized people as One! John 17:22
It's obvious you are judgmental but pretending to be liberal but let me tell you that Kumuyi's self righteousness of no alcoholic beverages, no make-up for women, no earrings and such stuff doesn't make his church special after all you've agreed that your so called Born Again could be found in other churches meaning Kumuyi's rules has no scriptural backing it's just his man-made doctrines.
So keep your Kumuyi's stuff while i keep my Jehovah's Witnesses stuff i have used the Bible to prove to you what i believe and unlike you who is not sure if his religion has the ultimate truth i still maintain that if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses there's no salvation for you.
Farewell! smiley
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by FreedomfromtheT: 8:01am On Jun 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Well by the undeserved kindness of God we are on the narrow path to salvation {Matthew 7:13-14} the road that only a few have found and as for sin that has been taken care by the blood of Jesus so all we need to do is obey his instructions and continue WORKING with his organized people as One! John 17:22
It's obvious you are judgmental but pretending to be liberal but let me tell you that Kumuyi's self righteousness of no alcoholic beverages, no make-up for women, no earrings and such stuff doesn't make his church special after all you've agreed that your so called Born Again could be found in other churches meaning Kumuyi's rules has no scriptural backing it's just his man-made doctrines.
So keep your Kumuyi's stuff while i keep my Jehovah's Witnesses stuff i have used the Bible to prove to you what i believe and unlike you who is not sure if his religion has the ultimate truth i still maintain that if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses there's no salvation for you.
Farewell! smiley
I repeat my assertion that Jehovah's Witnesses are not saved by faith in Christ. This is not being judgemental but saying the fact because I know what your religious group emphasizes and propagates.
Noone irrespective of how religious he appears who doesn't get the born again or regeneration experience is saved yet. Jesus died for the sins of the world. However, it only a person who repents of his sins and believes in Christ that becomes saved.
Listening to and accepting indoctrinations doesn't save anyone. It only makes one a sinner with a lot of Bible verses on the head. It is nothing different from an unregenerate who scores distinction in Christian Religious Studies or Christian Theology. The case of Jehovah's Witnesses is regrettably worse because you carry a twisted bible version meant to align with your denials of the real biblical truth.
Going about to spread religious errors and talk about God's Kingdom doesn't make one a Christian and a candidate of God's Kingdom until one gets born again.
There is nothing like being on the narrow path to salvation. It is the salvation experience through repentance from sin and faith in Christ that puts one on the narrow path.
One must have experienced the life changing experience of salvation through Christ before he can be on the narrow way to life eternal. It is by grace nor by dead religious works.
There is initial salvation on while on earth and final salvation (entrance into God's Kingdom at the end of life).
However, the good news is that it is not too late for you and your likes.
The problem is that your pride and self-delusion as an Assembly of people who think they know the Bible and teach others albeit ignorantly is your major undoing.
For your information, my profession of faith is not about religion. It is the life of Christ imparted into me on the day he graciously saved me.
So I know what I am talking about.
It is not about pastor Kumuyi or any other person. I came to know Christ as Saviour before joining Deeper Life Bible Church that pastor Kumuyi leads.
What pastor Kumuyi emphasizes like any other genuine clergy should is salvation which is only through faith in Christ, sanctification or holiness of life, holy Ghost baptism for effective service to God, Christian consecration as well as evangelism.
God has also demonstrated His power through him to heal the sick, deliver the oppressed and perform notable miracles, signs and wonders.
Pastor Kumuyi doesn't major in asking people to dress in a particular way, no makeup for women, no use of jewelries, or no taking of alcoholic drinks. This is one of the misconceptions about pastor Kumuyi and the Deeper Life Bible Church.
If you have any beef with pastor Kumuyi, please settle it with him.
If you are angry that he is highly regarded as one of the genuine men of God, then what you need is genuine repentance so that Christ can clear your mind of jealousy, envy and hatred.
I too used to criticize pastor Kumuyi and his Deeper Life Bible Church when I was still a sinner like you but now I know better.
May God open your eyes before it is too late in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:31am On Jun 13, 2023
แปŒmแป it's time you continue your discussion with your friends:

"Why your church is hated"

I have delivered my own message it's either you think over it or trash it.

Goodbye! wink

FreedomfromtheT:
I repeat my assertion that Jehovah's Witnesses are not saved by faith in Christ. This is not being judgemental but saying the fact because I know what your religious group emphasizes and propagates.
Noone irrespective of how religious he appears who doesn't get the born again or regeneration experience is saved yet. Jesus died for the sins of the world. However, it only a person who repents of his sins and believes in Christ that becomes saved.
Listening to and accepting indoctrinations doesn't save anyone. It only makes one a sinner with a lot of Bible verses on the head. It is nothing different from an unregenerate who scores distinction in Christian Religious Studies or Christian Theology. The case of Jehovah's Witnesses is regrettably worse because you carry a twisted bible version meant to align with your denials of the real biblical truth.
Going about to spread religious errors and talk about God's Kingdom doesn't make one a Christian and a candidate of God's Kingdom until one gets born again.
There is nothing like being on the narrow path to salvation. It is the salvation experience through repentance from sin and faith in Christ that puts one on the narrow path.
One must have experienced the life changing experience of salvation through Christ before he can be on the narrow way to life eternal. It is by grace nor by dead religious works.
There is initial salvation on while on earth and final salvation (entrance into God's Kingdom at the end of life).
However, the good news is that it is not too late for you and your likes.
The problem is that your pride and self-delusion as an Assembly of people who think they know the Bible and teach others albeit ignorantly is your major undoing.
For your information, my profession of faith is not about religion. It is the life of Christ imparted into me on the day he graciously saved me.
So I know what I am talking about.
It is not about pastor Kumuyi or any other person. I came to know Christ as Saviour before joining Deeper Life Bible Church that pastor Kumuyi leads.
What pastor Kumuyi emphasizes like any other genuine clergy should is salvation which is only through faith in Christ, sanctification or holiness of life, holy Ghost baptism for effective service to God, Christian consecration as well as evangelism.
God has also demonstrated His power through him to heal the sick, deliver the oppressed and perform notable miracles, signs and wonders.
Pastor Kumuyi doesn't major in asking people to dress in a particular way, no makeup for women, no use of jewelries, or no taking of alcoholic drinks. This is one of the misconceptions about pastor Kumuyi and the Deeper Life Bible Church.
If you have any beef with pastor Kumuyi, please settle it with him.
If you are angry that he is highly regarded as one of the genuine men of God, then what you need is genuine repentance so that Christ can clear your mind of jealousy, envy and hatred.
I too used to criticize pastor Kumuyi and his Deeper Life Bible Church when I was still a sinner like you but now I know better.
May God open your eyes before it is too late in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by FreedomfromtheT: 10:16am On Jun 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
แปŒmแป it's time you continue your discussion with your friends:

"Why your church is hated"

I have delivered my own message it's either you think over it or trash it.

Goodbye! wink

Are you done with your 'Jehovah's Witnesses are the real Christians' propaganda?
A thread was opened about why people hate Deeper Life members.
It has nothing to do with Jehovah's Witnesses or any other religious sect.
You cunningly decided to change the narrative to how Jehovah's Witnesses are the real Christians.
Now that you are faced with the truth about how fake your Jehovah's Witnesses are, you are trying to run away.
Learn to mind your business.
May God have mercy on your soul and the souls of all who have been held captive by indoctrination of Jehovah's Witnesses, their deceptive and false interpretation of the Bible and their religious propaganda.
Re: Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:22am On Jun 13, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:

Learn to mind your business.

I hope you take your own advice! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

An Urgent Revelation By Prophet Shepherd Bushiri / Expose Into The Real Reasons For Noah's Flood Missing From The Bible / Ozubulu: Other Anambra Billionaires Who Built Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.