Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Total Oil And Gas Workers - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil And Gas Workers (222757 Views)

I Need Your Urgent Advice Conserning Total Oil Limited Appointment / Job Vacancy At Total Oil Limited Nigeria / Total Oil And Gas Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by slumcat(m): 9:54pm On Mar 13, 2012
Wow, everyone's dream job.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2012
Hi,

I am not aware of the figure.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by slumcat(m): 8:24am On Mar 15, 2012
@t22
tanks man. i'l jst kip lookin.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Bwoodlt: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2012
Have actually learnt alot and still learning on this thread. This is one of the very few educative threads have ever read on nairaland. More grease to your elbow! I took time to read through every comment which later prompted me to go on Total Career Website. They currently have some position for IT guys, be it Software Tester or Support Engineer. They also mentioned that having ISEB Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management/Software Testing will be very advantageous.

http://careers.total.com/front/web/guest/fiche-offre/-/offrePortlet/searchOffres

For anyone in the UK, its worth given a shot. At least nothing to lose, and a whole lot to gain!

As for me, I'm currently eyeing IBM now o. I work for one of their partners which has given me opportunities to work with some of their guys closely. Been to their South Bank office in London for project meetings. Mehn! That place good no be small! Currently taking some of IBM Certifications in ECM as this gives an edge having it on your CV. A colleague of mine recently joined IBM on £98K per annum. That's huge innit?! The last time I saw him, the guy don change level.

I strongly believe with prayer and hardwork, we'll all get there. Like many previously mentioned, the money will definitely come however we need to be passionate about what we do and with God on our side, the sky is our starting point!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by yamakuza: 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2012
Bwoodlt: Have actually learnt alot and still learning on this thread. This is one of the very few educative threads have ever read on nairaland. More grease to your elbow! I took time to read through every comment which later prompted me to go on Total Career Website. They currently have some position for IT guys, be it Software Tester or Support Engineer. They also mentioned that having ISEB Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management/Software Testing will be very advantageous.

http://careers.total.com/front/web/guest/fiche-offre/-/offrePortlet/searchOffres

For anyone in the UK, its worth given a shot. At least nothing to lose, and a whole lot to gain!

As for me, I'm currently eyeing IBM now o. I work for one of their partners which has given me opportunities to work with some of their guys closely. Been to their South Bank office in London for project meetings. Mehn! That place good no be small! Currently taking some of IBM Certifications in ECM as this gives an edge having it on your CV. A colleague of mine recently joined IBM on £98K per annum. That's huge innit?! The last time I saw him, the guy don change level.

I strongly believe with prayer and hardwork, we'll all get there. Like many people previously mentioned, the money will definitely come however we need to be passionate about what we do and with God on our side, then the sky is our starting point!

Cheers!

when a thread in Career section gets over 3000 views without getting to the front page, something must be in it!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Caringpro(f): 5:26pm On Mar 20, 2012
Total is recruiting now in nigeria
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 9:50pm On Mar 20, 2012
Caringpro: Total is recruiting now in nigeria

Very good information you have brought here.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Shola2009(m): 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2012
Apparently there's no vacancy in Nigeria.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by xzibiacom: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
My dear to enter these oil companies in Nigeria is hard. Nigerians just make things difficult for nigerians. Meanwhile abroad, to enter oil company ain't hard as far as u got good grades n experience for those who don't have good grades. Oil companies on Nigeria love students frm ivy league schools like havard, Texas a&m and so on and non ivy league schools like Robert Gordon which is d best in energy. So if u do an energy related course ur chances wud b high. Above all u need God. Cos Nigeria is sumtin else wen it comes to job.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 9:40pm On Mar 29, 2012
xzibia.com:
My dear to enter these oil companies in Nigeria is hard. Nigerians just make things difficult for nigerians. Meanwhile abroad, to enter oil company ain't hard as far as u got good grades n experience for those who don't have good grades. Oil companies on Nigeria love students frm ivy league schools like havard, Texas a&m and so on and non ivy league schools like Robert Gordon which is d best in energy. So if u do an energy related course ur chances wud b high. Above all u need God. Cos Nigeria is sumtin else wen it comes to job.

Really? And we have very many qualified people who are roaming the streets of major cities in Nigeria and abroad with a good combo of excellent grades and work experience? Things may look more promising in some places (compared to naija)but, on the average, it is definitely not a simple matter to get good oil jobs anywhere in the world. kai, I would have jocundly substantiated my claims with adequate examples but, unfortunately, I have to prepare for a paper presentation which will come up in a few hours from now.

Mhen, I go with your last submission. Home and abroad, it is only God that gives jobs.

Let's be hopeful!

T22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tiebe: 5:52am On Mar 30, 2012
Well, well. how many people can confirm they saw the employment letters of these companies i.e Total and Shell. even if we have close friends who work in the company, we should know that they would usually quote a 'version' of their pay. most of the time only saying the basic or only stating the allowance. Someone here said that shell's pay for entry level is 6.8m. but was this for engineers? and at what level? operators or office staff? I've heard so many versions of shells salary. I've also heard so much about total's salary. I dont think the numbers here are right and then its not clear what 'entry level' position. for example, people hired from outside Nigeria as entry level are on a different salary scale than those hired from within, etc. so, leads me to wonder how correct your figures are.but wait o, no one spoke about LNG here
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2012
ti-ebe:
Well, well. how many people can confirm they saw the employment letters of these companies i.e Total and Shell. even if we have close friends who work in the company, we should know that they would usually quote a 'version' of their pay. most of the time only saying the basic or only stating the allowance. Someone here said that shell's pay for entry level is 6.8m. but was this for engineers? and at what level? operators or office staff? I've heard so many versions of shells salary. I've also heard so much about total's salary. I dont think the numbers here are right and then its not clear what 'entry level' position. for example, people hired from outside Nigeria as entry level are on a different salary scale than those hired from within, etc. so, leads me to wonder how correct your figures are.but wait o, no one spoke about LNG here

I confirm with 99.27% confidence that a chick I know, who graduated in 2009 from a naija school(zero abroad qualification), finished NYSC in late 2010 and got employed by Shell Nigeria in 2011(obviously as an entry level graduate) started out on a monthly wage of more than 500K, but less than 600K at Shell. She was picked ahead of others with big qualifications from anywhere you can think about. She had and still has only a BSc degree in Math, albeit a superior one. The said chick should not be more than 25. The said chick was already working for one of the major multinational accounting firms in Nigeria. I think she had worked for less than 6 months before Shell grabbed her. The said chick also got other offers from other top financial institutions there in Nigeria. I am not talking of our local banks O. I am talking of those multinational finance companies with branches in many countries of the world; those ones that will never think of paying a wage of 109 thousand naira.

The only thing that remains now is for me to upload her offer letter, but I won't do that smiley. LNG, Shell, Total, Mobil, Eni and other MNOCs are great places to work. One just needs only 15-20 years at one of these places. Let's be hopeful.

T22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by AjanleKoko: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2012
^^
T22,
I'm wondering why you're not working for an MNC yourself.
Or do you have a bias for academics?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 10:29am On Mar 31, 2012
AjanleKoko: ^^
T22,

You know, some of these MNCs have a long selection process. I am in that process with a number of them, and thus believe things should start taking shape in no time. It is God that gives top jobs.

I did have a bias for academics, but this waned over the years.

T22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by candylips(m): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2012
AjanleKoko: ^^
T22,

Oga u no reply my mail since o. hope no problem
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by candylips(m): 10:51am On Mar 31, 2012
@topic

Interesting thread.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by AjanleKoko: 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2012
candylips:

Oga u no reply my mail since o. hope no problem

Bros I no see your email o.
I go PM you my email addy.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by candylips(m): 10:12am On Apr 03, 2012
ok
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by kclee(m): 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
anybody in house, do any of this oil & gas coy recruit bsc holder with part time certificate, on mgt courses say Accounting wthout NYSC certificate..
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2012
Does anyone in d house know abt NNPC's pay
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Shola2009(m): 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2012
^^ For what position?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2012
Shola2009:
^^ For what position?
entry level for a graduate in chemical engineerin
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ebicon(f): 11:47am On Apr 12, 2012
how do you know when these O/G companies ar recruiting. Is it jst checking their website,cos that lady said she is writing an aptitude for a company she hope(think) its Total
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2012
ebicon: how do you know when these O/G companies ar recruiting. Is it jst checking their website,cos that lady said she is writing an aptitude for a company she hope(think) its Total

Hi @ebicon,

Would you like to work for an oil and gas company?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by osram(m): 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2012
What abt HND HOLDERS..ANYTIN HOPE 4 US..I B CHEMICAL ENGineer.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ebicon(f): 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
@ T22, yes, but am a fresh graduate that is yet to serve.how do i get information on the recruitments.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by OilCabal: 9:38am On Apr 14, 2012
@tanimola22
I'm a student in Canada .I have a business management advanced diploma and a bachelors degree also in business management. Are there opportunities for business students at the entry level with little experience in the oil company sector . I would appreciate it if you could reply thanks.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
So in conclusion its better to get msc from foreign schools right?
How about Bsc holders from nigeria with no msc whatsoever in total? Maybe just short courses NYSc and some workshops and training. Before I saw this I was actually thinking of forgetting about msc for now and focus on getting experience, but now I'm really confused. I'm graduating this year,(BSc. Chemical Engineering) and I have an option to either serve or. Go for masters.

Somebody help please!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nitrogen(m): 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2012
olu16: So in conclusion its better to get msc from foreign schools right?
How about Bsc holders from nigeria with no msc whatsoever in total? Maybe just short courses NYSc and some workshops and training. Before I saw this I was actually thinking of forgetting about msc for now and focus on getting experience, but now I'm really confused. I'm graduating this year,(BSc. Chemical Engineering) and I have an option to either serve or. Go for masters.

Somebody help please!

Hello, if there is cash,which i believe there is cos of the choices available(either nysc or masters), then go for your masters in one of the best schools abroad, make sure u come out excellently so that you will be employed immediately after the program through recruitment schemes employed by top companies to get the best brains

Or

Better still,finish your nysc, make sure you graduate with minimum of 2.1(your first degree-b.sc),acquire more of skills like interpersonal,communication,i.t skills and others through self development, and start submiting your C.V to these oil and gas companies(mind you,your C.V must be a standard one,and nt only total that is okay in ninja,we have chevron,shell,oando and other upstream and downstream indigenous and non-indigeneous companies in nigeria).
Ace though their tests and interviews and with a little bit of luck, YOU'RE IN.

NB: Work experience is necessary in NIGERIA,so it's better to work for some years before going for your masters.

My lil cents before our ogas come.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2012
Oil_Cabal: @tanimola22
I'm a student in Canada .I have a business management advanced diploma and a bachelors degree also in business management. Are there opportunities for business students at the entry level with little experience in the oil company sector . I would appreciate it if you could reply thanks.

Hi,

There are many competitive opportunities for smart and exposed graduates like you. Your course of study is a good one too. With the right combination of luck and favor, you stand a pretty good chance of landing an entry level position at any of the top multinational oil companies. Just make sure you have the websites of these oil companies bookmarked on your laptop, so that you can regularly check them out to see which ones are recruiting.

Check the website of Shell Oil. I believe their branches outside of Nigeria are recruiting graduates. I would also encourage you to apply very, very wide. Don't limit yourself to Naija or Canada or US or UK. Search for unknown countries where these oil companies operate and apply to those places. I am being considered for a trading position by 2 of the oil majors at their branches located in two unknown countries grin. The secret is to search, search and search. You will eventually get called.

You need to go unconventional. You need to pray for luck and favor. You need to recall that good grades and academic laurels, on their own, don't bring the best jobs.

T22

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
ebicon: @ T22, yes, but am a fresh graduate that is yet to serve.how do i get information on the recruitments.

Hey ebicon,

I would get the names of all oil companies that operate in the country I reside. I would carry out a thorough research on them. I would get their career websites. I would regularly visit the sites, and I would ensure that I'm the first to apply for any opportunities that become available.

T22.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.