Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,689 members, 7,955,593 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:05 AM

Total Oil And Gas Workers - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil And Gas Workers (228315 Views)

I Need Your Urgent Advice Conserning Total Oil Limited Appointment / Job Vacancy At Total Oil Limited Nigeria / Total Oil And Gas Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
@ Nitrogen Thanks!
Really helped
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by OilCabal: 6:47pm On Apr 14, 2012
@tanimola22
Thanks for your honest and in-depth reply. God bless you.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
One more thing please, is it not better to serve before going for masters. Instead of getting masters before NYSC. Bcause I think most companies in Naija wouldn't employ without NYSC discharge certificate.
Or am I missing something?
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2012
For my MSc, I was thinking Health safety and environment or project management at RGU or aberdeen. Somebody just put cranfield in my heart, dunno much abt d school.
But what do u all think about theSe courses and the school. By all I mean the professionals cheesy
Thank you all
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2012
Oil_Cabal: @tanimola22
Thanks for your honest and in-depth reply. God bless you.

Nice one mate. Amen!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nitrogen(m): 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
[/quote]
olu16: One more thing please, is it not better to serve before going for masters. Instead of getting masters before NYSC. Bcause I think most companies in Naija wouldn't employ without NYSC discharge certificate.

The best is to serve before masters. (my thoughts though).

[/quote]
olu16: For my MSc, I was thinking Health safety and environment or project management at RGU or aberdeen. Somebody just put cranfield in my heart, dunno much abt d school.
But what do u all think about theSe courses and the school. By all I mean the professionals cheesy
Thank you all

Pls direct this to T22, he should be in the best position to answer this.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by hobat4cash(m): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2012
friends u have gat me all worried, so i should not be too optimistic about the Total application i just submitted cos i only have Nysc exemtion certficate not discharge certificate. Any hope? though my degree is upper.
nitrogen:
One more thing please, is it not better to serve before going for masters. Instead of getting masters before NYSC. Bcause I think most companies in Naija wouldn't employ without NYSC discharge certificate.

The best is to serve before masters. (my thoughts though).

For my MSc, I was thinking Health safety and environment or project management at RGU or aberdeen. Somebody just put cranfield in my heart, dunno much abt d school.
Thank you all

Pls direct this to T22, he should be in the best position to answer this.
friends u have gat me all worried, so i should not be too optimistic about the Total application i just submitted cos i only have Nysc exemtion certficate not discharge certificate. Any hope? though my degree is upper.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Mustay(m): 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2012
hobat4cash:
cos i only have Nysc exemtion certficate not discharge certificate.

If it's the same exemption I know about, your NYSC exepmtion is as good as the other. The exemption means you're exempted from service. Remember, not everyone goes for service due to age, professional membership etc. If you pay attention to job adverts, it's usually included in the requirements for applicants to have the NYSC certificate/exemption. So, you're good to go.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by hobat4cash(m): 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2012
Mustay:

If it's the same exemption I know about, your NYSC exepmtion is as good as the other. The exemption means you're exempted from service. Remember, not everyone goes for service due to age, professional membership etc. If you pay attention to job adverts, it's usually included in the requirements for applicants to have the NYSC certificate/exemption. So, you're good to go.
Thanks my guy
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by 2good(m): 7:25am On Apr 22, 2012
Total is a very disorganised company when it comes to recruitment. I participated in the October 2011 Career In Africa recruitment exercise in London and wrote the Total test, was successful and had the line Manager/HR interviewed after which I was sent an email in December 2011 that I was successful in the interview that they will contact me in due course for subsequent stages. Up till now, neither me nor any other person I knew that got the success mail back then from Total has been called for the later stage and thesame thing happened to person that did the Total recruitment in OTC conference in Texas and Career in Africa fair in the US. Total just went blank. Infact I have a friend who did medicals almost 2years in London ago and yet to resume work with them because they said they don't have an open position for him yet. There is also another friend that participated in the May 2011 career In Africa Summit in London that is yet to do the final interview after being successful in the last one he did.
As for me, I already have a job in an Oil operator in Europe, so I have kind of blanked them off my mind. My advice is if you're hoping on Total Nigeria, look for something else to do with your life else you could be frustrated
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2012
2good: Total is a very disorganised company when it comes to recruitment. I participated in the October 2011 Career In Africa recruitment exercise in London and wrote the Total test, was successful and had the line Manager/HR interviewed after which I was sent an email in December 2011 that I was successful in the interview that they will contact me in due course for subsequent stages. Up till now, neither me nor any other person I knew that got the success mail back then from Total has been called for the later stage and thesame thing happened to person that did the Total recruitment in OTC conference in Texas and Career in Africa fair in the US. Total just went blank. Infact I have a friend who did medicals almost 2years in London ago and yet to resume work with them because they said they don't have an open position for him yet. There is also another friend that participated in the May 2011 career In Africa Summit in London that is yet to do the final interview after being successful in the last one he did.
As for me, I already have a job in an Oil operator in Europe, so I have kind of blanked them off my mind. My advice is if you're hoping on Total Nigeria, look for something else to do with your life else you could be frustrated

Although I agree with your submission that one shouldn't even dare hope on Total or any other company for that matter, I really don't think Total's recruitment is very disorganized. Those in France have a happier story to tell about Total's recruitment.

Meanwhile, no one I know has a good thing to say about the so called Careers in Africa people. I am beginning to suspect that they just force companies to attend their recruitment summit when in actual sense those companies are not willing to hire anybody.

There are thousands of qualified people looking for these top oil jobs. I have always opined that it is God that gives jobs. My friend got into Total with his third world pangolo BSc grin. The guy has never entered a plane before, not to talk of going to London, America and all to attend a job fair. His friend, one other guy like that, switched from Shell to Total. The same Shell that graduates, whether naija or abroad trained, can give their legs to work for. These guys have only good things to say about Total.

Just like you, I have learned never to put too much hope in any company. I just try to do my best to appear sound during interviews. If they call me for the next stage, oh fantastic. If they don't, I have plan B, C, D, E,....., Z....1,2,3.....

It is unfortunate that foreign degrees don't carry as much weight as they used to carry in the 90`s and early 2000 in Nigeria. I recall how people strolled into these top oil companies in those times. But now, so many oil and gas Robert Gordon this and that highly qualified graduates roaming the streets of Lagos, PH, Texas, Aberdeen and all. It is pitiable.

May God helep us!

T22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by 2good(m): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2012
tanimola22:

Although I agree with your submission that one shouldn't even dare hope on Total or any other company for that matter, I really don't think Total's recruitment is very disorganized. Those in France have a happier story to tell about Total's recruitment.

Meanwhile, no one I know has a good thing to say about the so called Careers in Africa people. I am beginning to suspect that they just force companies to attend their recruitment summit when in actual sense those companies are not willing to hire anybody.

There are thousands of qualified people looking for these top oil jobs. I have always opined that it is God that gives jobs. My friend got into Total with his third world pangolo BSc grin. The guy has never entered a plane before, not to talk of going to London, America and all to attend a job fair. His friend, one other guy like that, switched from Shell to Total. The same Shell that graduates, whether naija or abroad trained, can give their legs to work for. These guys have only good things to say about Total.

Just like you, I have learned never to put too much hope in any company. I just try to do my best to appear sound during interviews. If they call me for the next stage, oh fantastic. If they don't, I have plan B, C, D, E,....., Z....1,2,3.....

It is unfortunate that foreign degrees don't carry as much weight as they used to carry in the 90`s and early 2000 in Nigeria. I recall how people strolled into these top oil companies in those times. But now, so many oil and gas Robert Gordon this and that highly qualified graduates roaming the streets of Lagos, PH, Texas, Aberdeen and all. It is pitiable.

May God helep us!

T22

I have several friends that have gotten into Total through the Career In Africa Summit in London. Also there is a friend in Nigeria who started thesame Total recruitment in Nigeria about a year ago who is still put on hold after being sent an email that she was successful in her psychology test. If I am given an offer to work in Total Nigeria now, I will probably not accept it because I have a better international career now that will give me more exposure and opportunities to work in the North Sea, Middle East and even the Gulf of Mexico. Also the problem is not Total France or global but Total Nigeria. I had worked for Addax Petroleum in Nigeria before my masters degree so I understand how the industry works in Nigeria. 2 of my friends in the US rejected Exxonmobil job offer to come back to Nigeria but prefer to remain in the US to work and they don't regret it. I used to think they were nuts for making that decision but now I understand better. Problem is when you graduate and don't have a job abroad, you get frustrated and be ready to do anything but the knowledge and exposure you get from studying abroad cannot be quantified. Also studying abroad like you rightly said is not a guarantee for a better life but it sure helps you especially if you have some work experience in Nigeria before you leave for further studies.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2012
2good:

I have several friends that have gotten into Total through the Career In Africa Summit in London. Also there is a friend in Nigeria who started thesame Total recruitment in Nigeria about a year ago who is still put on hold after being sent an email that she was successful in her psychology test. If I am given an offer to work in Total Nigeria now, I will probably not accept it because I have a better international career now that will give me more exposure and opportunities to work in the North Sea, Middle East and even the Gulf of Mexico. Also the problem is not Total France or global but Total Nigeria. I had worked for Addax Petroleum in Nigeria before my masters degree so I understand how the industry works in Nigeria. 2 of my friends in the US rejected Exxonmobil job offer to come back to Nigeria but prefer to remain in the US to work and they don't regret it. I used to think they were nuts for making that decision but now I understand better. Problem is when you graduate and don't have a job abroad, you get frustrated and be ready to do anything but the knowledge and exposure you get from studying abroad cannot be quantified. Also studying abroad like you rightly said is not a guarantee for a better life but it sure helps you especially if you have some work experience in Nigeria before you leave for further studies.

You are obviously not a JJC in oil and gas matters. See your guys rejecting offers that people can develop wings and fly to get. hahahha, this world is really not even.

Congrats on your newly found international career.

T22
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Caringpro(f): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2012
Hello follow nairalander, am in portharcourt and i summited my CV today for the vancancy that total advertise in portharcourt. I just want to knw since this formu is for total worker if there is anybody here tat i can help me to follow up my CV. I read chemical engineering and i have sent out my cv to total. You can contact me with this mail address. Coolbird29@yahoo.com. I will be grateful to hear frm anybody
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ow11(m): 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2012
Caringpro: Hello follow nairalander, am in portharcourt and i summited my CV today for the vancancy that total advertise in portharcourt. I just want to knw since this formu is for total worker if there is anybody here tat i can help me to follow up my CV. I read chemical engineering and i have sent out my cv to total. You can contact me with this mail address. Coolbird29@yahoo.com. I will be grateful to hear frm anybody

Na wa o embarassed

This post is actually very embarrassing to read

5 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nitrogen(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2012
ow11:

Na wa o embarassed

grin grin grin grin
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by thomasjohn: 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
ow11:

Na wa o embarassed

With this kind of Grammar, he/she/it might not make it past the screening stage.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Shola2009(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2012
^^ Lmao . . With that kind of Engrish? grin i doubt there'll be any screening stage for such a candidate.

But honestly, there's no harm in trying smiley
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Caringpro(f): 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
@ow11, @nitrogen and@shola. You guys come to nairaland to critize people. Who is above mistake? I just posted it without going thru it second time and all u guys did is to judge me with my write ups. It was a mistake frm my part just take note. It is not as if i dnt knw wht to write or how to spell. Come to think of it, are you guys the total? Just be careful this world is a very small place. Thanx
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Mustay(m): 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
Caringpro: @ow11, @nitrogen and@shola. You guys come to nairaland to critize people. Who is above mistake? I just posted it without going thru it second time and all u guys did is to judge me with my write ups. It was a mistake frm my part just take note. It is not as if i dnt knw wht to write or how to . . .x

Wow, that was such a comeback! cool I'm just an observer here but at least for this section of the forum, it's expected that users are matured enough to pass their message across by constructing such in a clearly written manner. I personally hate reading 'abbrvtns' and feel it's like a deliberate method of punishing your recipients.

It doesn't take much to review your writing before posting so that your message is not miscontrued - that's why you have the PREVIEW button.

So biko, take criticisms (do like this for them sef - tongue) in 'utmost good faith' even if you feel it's overboard. You would be doing any reader a favor.
Peace

3 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nitrogen(m): 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2012
Mustay:

Wow, that was such a comeback! cool Am just an observer here but at least for this section of the forum, it's expected that users are matured enough to pass their message across by constructing such in a clearly written manner. I personally hate reading 'abbrvtns' and feel it's like a deliberate method of punishing your recipients.

It doesn't take much to review your writing before posting so that your message is not miscontrued - that's why you have the PREVIEW button.

So biko, take criticisms (do like this for them sef - tongue) in 'utmost good faith' even if you feel it's overboard. You would be doing any reader a favor.
Peace
Thanks for this jare, i have been criticized many times on nairaland because of my 'txt-like posts', but i corrected myself.
Most times i even check my posts like two or three times before i submit them.
No one is above mistake, as always been said by T22, but you just try and avoid those mistakes and also accept criticisms because they will help develop you.
Anyway, sowi for the criticism, for real.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Shola2009(m): 8:52am On Apr 24, 2012
^^ you don talk am for both of us . .hehe grin

@caringpro, as you and everyone else can see,your second post was much better than the first. If we hadn't said anything,i believe you'd still be writing your LGA Ingrish for us. That's the ugly truth.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ow11(m): 10:47am On Apr 24, 2012
Caringpro: @ow11, @nitrogen and@shola. You guys come to nairaland to critize people. Who is above mistake? I just posted it without going thru it second time and all u guys did is to judge me with my write ups. It was a mistake frm my part just take note. It is not as if i dnt knw wht to write or how to spell. Come to think of it, are you guys the total? Just be careful this world is a very small place. Thanx

Actually, My grouse with your post had nothing to do with the obvious typo which you would not make during a formal assessment. I commented because of the thought process (in simple terms, content) of your post. Let us look at it again.

Caringpro: Hello follow nairalander, am in portharcourt and i summited my CV today for the vancancy that total advertise in portharcourt. I just want to knw since this formu is for total worker if there is anybody here tat i can help me to follow up my CV. I read chemical engineering and i have sent out my cv to total. You can contact me with this mail address. Coolbird29@yahoo.com. I will be grateful to hear frm anybody

1. What do you mean by follow up your CV?
2. You actually studied (not read) Chemical Engineering and failed to mention what vacancy you have applied for
3. You also somehow think, strangers would somehow bypass the job screening process to hand you a job that according to T22 pays N11m abi na N17m per annum. Why do you think someone should do this?
4. You did not ask vital job application questions like; How is the screening process conducted? How many stages exist? What is the training regimen for young graduates in the company like? Are graduates expected to negotiate salaries? How long does the entire process take?
5. I concluded that you either have no idea about the standard procedure of getting a job or couldn't be bothered to know how. That is why, my sister, your post is an embarrassing read!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Druss(m): 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2012
Total pays more than Shell. Shell loses staff to Total.

That is the fact. Shell IS one of the lower paying IOCs. So if it is money you are chasing your head will be turned.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by seun001(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2012
ow11:

Actually, My grouse with your post had nothing to do with the obvious typo which you would not make during a formal assessment. I commented because of the thought process (in simple terms, content) of your post. Let us look at it again.

1. What do you mean by follow up your CV?
2. You actually studied (not read) Chemical Engineering and failed to mention what vacancy you have applied for
3. You also somehow think, strangers would somehow bypass the job screening process to hand you a job that according to T22 pays N11m abi na N17m per annum. Why do you think someone should do this?
4. You did not ask vital job application questions like; How is the screening process conducted? How many stages exist? What is the training regimen for young graduates in the company like? Are graduates expected to negotiate salaries? How long does the entire process take?
5. I concluded that you either have no idea about the standard procedure of getting a job or couldn't be bothered to know how. That is why, my sister, your post is an embarrassing read!

@Caringpro,
In addition to the above, your sentence construction leaves much to be desired coming from someone seeking employment into such a competitive sector.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by hobat4cash(m): 9:35am On Apr 26, 2012
Guys there is this dangerous rumour that the Rivers and Akwa ibom states recruitment that is ongoing might have some political undertones, i.e some people might be employed using political godfathers. cryGuys there is this dangerous rumour that the Rivers and Akwa ibom states recruitment that is ongoing might have some political undertones, i.e some people might be employed using political godfathers.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by seun001(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2012
hobat4cash: Guys there is this dangerous rumour that the Rivers and Akwa ibom states recruitment that is ongoing might have some political undertones, i.e some people might be employed using political godfathers. cryGuys there is this dangerous rumour that the Rivers and Akwa ibom states recruitment that is ongoing might have some political undertones, i.e some people might be employed using political godfathers.
Of course,this is not new.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by OdunetLbs: 2:22am On Apr 27, 2012
Hello T22 I appreciate ur posts...I would like u to explain what u ment by "superior" Bsc in Math...from a Nigerian uni...
Thanks

tanimola22:

I confirm with 99.27% confidence that a chick I know, who graduated in 2009 from a naija school(zero abroad qualification), finished NYSC in late 2010 and got employed by Shell Nigeria in 2011(obviously as an entry level graduate) started out on a monthly wage of more than 500K, but less than 600K at Shell. She was picked ahead of others with big qualifications from anywhere you can think about. She had and still has only a BSc degree in Math, albeit a superior one. The said chick should not be more than 25. The said chick was already working for one of the major multinational accounting firms in Nigeria. I think she had worked for less than 6 months before Shell grabbed her. The said chick also got other offers from other top financial institutions there in Nigeria. I am not talking of our local banks O. I am talking of those multinational finance companies with branches in many countries of the world; those ones that will never think of paying a wage of 109 thousand naira.

The only thing that remains now is for me to upload her offer letter, but I won't do that smiley. LNG, Shell, Total, Mobil, Eni and other MNOCs are great places to work. One just needs only 15-20 years at one of these places. Let's be hopeful.

T22

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 8:23am On Apr 27, 2012
Odunet Lbs: Hello T22 I appreciate ur posts...I would like u to explain what u ment by "superior" Bsc in Math...from a Nigerian uni...
Thanks

It is essentially a math BSc degree that dominates other math BSc degrees. It is dynamic, so that it varies from year to year. In a place where almost all graduating students make third class and below, the one student that makes a two-two has a degree which obviously dominates those of others. And so we say his degree is superior. You can generalize this to any case you like.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by plural: 10:34am On Apr 27, 2012
Hi T22 and others.
Thanks for your contributions.
I need your advice/input.
Graduated with a 2.2 in Computer Sc from a federal uni in Nigeria.
I have about 4 years experience. Currently work as an analyst/software engineer in a multinational FMCG in Nigeria.
I want to enter Oil and Gas. However the 2.2 is presently a bottleneck.
I have several professional certifications and will hopefully finish my masters in IT this year.

What advice or aid can you render?
Regards.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 11:00am On Apr 27, 2012
plural: Hi T22 and others.
Thanks for your contributions.
I need your advice/input.
Graduated with a 2.2 in Computer Sc from a federal uni in Nigeria.
I have about 4 years experience. Currently work as an analyst/software engineer in a multinational FMCG in Nigeria.
I want to enter Oil and Gas. However the 2.2 is presently a bottleneck.
I have several professional certifications and will hopefully finish my masters in IT this year.

What advice or aid can you render?
Regards.

I think you just have to keep on applying. You luck will shine someday. I have heard of cases in which people with 2:2 degrees + years of experience and/or MSc degrees got interviewed by Shell and eventually got hired. A friend's cousin in the UK is one of the known examples. With a 2:2 degree in insurance, zero work experience and an MSc degree, he was able to nail a Shell offer.

Besides NYSC, I have not really had the privilege of working full time for an oil company. My examples and experience are all drawn from people close to me, real people.

T22.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nikkygal(f): 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
[/quote]
2good: Total is a very disorganised company when it comes to recruitment. I participated in the October 2011 Career In Africa recruitment exercise in London and wrote the Total test, was successful and had the line Manager/HR interviewed after which I was sent an email in December 2011 that I was successful in the interview that they will contact me in due course for subsequent stages. Up till now, neither me nor any other person I knew that got the success mail back then from Total has been called for the later stage and thesame thing happened to person that did the Total recruitment in OTC conference in Texas and Career in Africa fair in the US. Total just went blank. Infact I have a friend who did medicals almost 2years in London ago and yet to resume work with them because they said they don't have an open position for him yet. There is also another friend that participated in the May 2011 career In Africa Summit in London that is yet to do the final interview after being successful in the last one he did.
tanimola22:

You are obviously not a JJC in oil and gas matters. See your guys rejecting offers that people can develop wings and fly to get. hahahha, this world is really not even.

Congrats on your newly found international career.

T22

@2good

I agree with you on this. I know quite a number of people that have been communicated to by Total as successful in their recruitment campaigns via Careers in Africa & other similar International fora that till now they've not been asked to resume.

I heard the projects that some of them were pencilled down to work for are not coming on-stream till 2013/2014 angry shocked . So you can imagine the angst of these guys, 'why did you then waste my time NOW'? A particular guy was even given a letter containing his package but there was no actual job title on it & so he flipped and told them clearly that he can't relocate to naija without knowing what particular job he's coming to do. This is someone already working for another top Oil major in the US, fully settled with a family & you expect him to leave like that just on a 'vague' job title/expectation because of money?? Quite a number of the guys i know sha have moved on and have taken their minds away from them since their recruitment process is not well structured & just all over the place.

Though i must confess that 2 of my friends were lucky as they were able to resume with Total about August/Sept. last year and they only started their recruitment process with them around November 2010. Both of them were Naija Bsc.holders but went to the UK for their Msc after about 5yrs work experience in Shell & Schlumberger respectively. One went to HW & the other went to Uni.of Glasgow. . . . .so i guess different strokes for different folks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.