Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back (12900 Views)

Bullying: I Taught My Son To Fight Back / Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / My Uncle Takes His Daughter For Virginity Tests Annually --- Is It Ideal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Onyewarri(m): 4:43pm On May 10, 2023
I have 2 sons. One is 3 years old and the other is 2 years old.

My training on this topic is simple. And these are the exact words I tell my boys.

"Don't start a fight, but always defend yourself at all times, if anybody fights you, punch them in their face or stomach. Yes! Even if is your brother".

By so doing, he will not bully others and he will not be bullied by others.

We do punching drills on me occasionally to drive the point home.

This is necessary If you want your children to learn to stand up for themselves.

Better start now!
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Lilfire(m): 5:18pm On May 10, 2023
Baba I have told my son the world is not a place for the week you must fight back infact give who ever give you double dose I as a soldier will come and defend you in that school bobo stop coming home with Bruce's since then
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by ceeceeuwa: 5:21pm On May 10, 2023
I tell my kids, dont be the first to hit someone. But if you are hit once, hit the person 10 times to send a strong message across.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by DrDunamis(m): 5:24pm On May 10, 2023
victorVIC1:
I have a male kid that is about 3 years old and I recently observed that a particular kid in the compound that is 2 months older than him always attempt to bully him at sight.

The few times this have happened in my presence, I restrained my son from retaliating cos the boy in question is autistic. Though my wife also informed me, there was a day my son fought back and the boy stopped his bullying attempt for a while afterwards.

This morning my son was about to leave for school. Immediately he came out of the apartment, the boy ran towards him and hit him. Once more, I stopped my son from hitting him back but this time his mum (my neighbour) experienced the scenario and only made a remark to the boy to stop looking for trouble. I felt she made the remark just to create an impression that she was concerned.

I've been feeling so uneasy about this since morning and this is obviously a bullying case and I'm subtly training my kid to tolerate it. Hence, I've concluded that the next time such will happen, I will ask my boy to fight back.

Just to have your opinion on this matter, is fighting back the best approach in this situation putting into consideration the health condition of the bully ?

I thought the Master taught that if one slaps you on the left cheek, turn the right cheek also?
So why training him to beat down an autistic bully?
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Localemperor: 5:24pm On May 10, 2023
victorVIC1:
I have a male kid that is about 3 years old and I recently observed that a particular kid in the compound that is 2 months older than him always attempt to bully him at sight.

The few times this have happened in my presence, I restrained my son from retaliating cos the boy in question is autistic. Though my wife also informed me, there was a day my son fought back and the boy stopped his bullying attempt for a while afterwards.

This morning my son was about to leave for school. Immediately he came out of the apartment, the boy ran towards him and hit him. Once more, I stopped my son from hitting him back but this time his mum (my neighbour) experienced the scenario and only made a remark to the boy to stop looking for trouble. I felt she made the remark just to create an impression that she was concerned.

I've been feeling so uneasy about this since morning and this is obviously a bullying case and I'm subtly training my kid to tolerate it. Hence, I've concluded that the next time such will happen, I will ask my boy to fight back.

Just to have your opinion on this matter, is fighting back the best approach in this situation putting into consideration the health condition of the bully ?

Let me tell you what happen to me when i was little, i was around 7 year and there was this boy, Samson was his name, he was 10 as at that time. He was a bully, I get really terrified any time i see him. he was feared by all. Then there was this day, i offended him and ran away and since then he had been on my tails.

I could no longer go out to play with my peers, i only watched from the window. My Dad noticed i was always indoor nowadays and asked me, i told him i was scared of scared of Samson and this was what he told me and i can not forget.

In his words " Samson will continue to hit you and until you hit him back, he wouldn't stop, he needs to be terrorized, if not he won't understand the importance of peace. I want you to go out side, not to play but go and look for him, use all the strength you have got, hit him so hard on the nose, don't stop hitting him on the nose cheesy cheesy until he run away from you".

I went outside as instructed, Samson never saw me coming, he thought he had relegated me to my mother's bed room. When i got to him i hit him so hard but i missed the nose and got the eyes cheesy. He shouted and hold his left eyes, with his right eye he saw it was me, and his facial expression showed he was angry and want to come at him but this time, i'm not done yet. I hit him hard on his tummy and the anger turned into suprise and then fear, i hit him again and this time i got the nose and then he ran away with threat of coming for me, but he never came back, he respected me and automatically i was the new leader of the crew on the street.

you must tell him to retaliate because there is no peace until others feel the terror that comes with terrorism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by isabi2lof: 5:31pm On May 10, 2023
Na me my pikin go resemble, if your mate beat you outside, and you come inside con cry for me, I go beat you join . Next time nobody go teach you how to fight back.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by EvangelistChuks(m): 5:58pm On May 10, 2023
Do you go to church not asking if you are born again?
For in our kingdom,we do not recompense evil for evil.
Talk to the parents if you can’t scold the lad.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by kolawoleahmed(m): 6:01pm On May 10, 2023
I do
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by CaptainFM1: 6:06pm On May 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
When I was bullied as a kid, I told my dad about it and he confronted the bully in front of his parents threatened to get the police involved too. That was the end of that issue. Him standing up against the bully on my behalf gave me serious confidence against bullies to last me even to this day. undecided

Good Dad. Sometimes the bull and the bullied can land themselves into bigger trouble that even parents will be weakened by it. The best is to advice them to stay out of trouble. Be good.

I had a bully in my class while in secondary school, the guy just noticed that I smile to every gra-gra he made and move away. I could beat him dead if he cross my path and that would have put both family into bigger trouble.

Better to stay out of trouble and not to look for trouble yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Metronomy(m): 6:10pm On May 10, 2023
What of a situation when your child is the bully
What should a parent do??
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by mukthar2000(m): 6:11pm On May 10, 2023
Bro your little boy is a very kind, caring and tolerant boy just keep watching him as the grow up, don't teach him to deviate from such attitude becos of one arrogant boy in ur compound.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Wande22(m): 6:34pm On May 10, 2023
victorVIC1:

Let him/her fight and defend himself/herself

My boy originally was a sissy and my neighbour children will beat him wella. But one day I witnessed that the girl (his agemate) beat him; the sound beating my boy gave her in return made the girl to always be careful with him. Even the girl brother that's like 3-4 years older than my boy, also have fair share of my boy's hand sometimes too

Modified:
My baby girl of 3years also most times fight back..... I don see more than two or more episodes

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On May 10, 2023
CaptainFM1:
Good Dad. Sometimes the bull and the bullied can land themselves into bigger trouble that even parents will be weakened by it. The best is to advice them to stay out of trouble. Be good. I had a bully in my class while in secondary school, the guy just noticed that I smile to every gra-gra he made and move away. I could beat him dead if he cross my path and that would have put both family into bigger trouble.
Better to stay out of trouble and not to look for trouble yourself.
That na the scary part of all this stuff! I have read tragic tales of self-defense that seriously discouraged me from prescribing fighting back as a first option. Getting others around, including adults, involved and in the know at least provides the bullied child with a needed backup story in case things turn tragic at any point in time. undecided
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On May 10, 2023
Metronomy:
What of a situation when your child is the bully What should a parent do??
Mindlog, what do you say in this case? undecided

If my child were a bully, na village we dey go be that. And not just any village, but one of those dead-end villages where nothing dey function at all and no one dey give anyone eye. Na there him learn his own discipline. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Bananapill: 6:44pm On May 10, 2023
victorVIC1:

Once in a while I tell my son to also hit his younger cousin back who likes to hit.
I restrain him when I feel it's right for me to. Even his mum asks my son to hit him back.
It helps to build confidence in reserved boys.
Don't feel uneasy and it's not a bullying case, it's normal.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by novia22(f): 6:50pm On May 10, 2023
DrDunamis:

I thought the Master taught that if one slaps you on the left cheek, turn the right cheek also?
So why training him to beat down an autistic bully?

He didn't know he was autistic when he was bullying abi? I trust my daughter. She is 3. She wee remove his teeth.

But shey Una know say if na abroad this thread dey, all of us here dey go jail for inciting violence in the mind of minors. grin
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by NoToPile: 7:40pm On May 10, 2023
randymirrors:

This was interesting to read. It means your son respects, loves and looks up to you. That's why he took your words to heart and your words encouraged him. I believe he sees you as his greatest support.

Aww thanks, I also realized he takes what I say to heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by NoToPile: 7:42pm On May 10, 2023
novia22:

He didn't know he was autistic when he was bullying abi? I trust my daughter. She is 3. She wee remove his teeth.

But shey Una know say if na abroad this thread dey, all of us here dey go jail for inciting violence in the mind of minors. grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by 9icetoo(m): 7:50pm On May 10, 2023
victorVIC1:

My major concerns here is the bully's health. The guy is autistic. Can barely move perfectly but very troublesome

If i talk wetin dey my mind, you go hate me i swear. Don't raise a sissy. That is all i have to say. Autistic ko, autistic ni.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by phemmyfour: 7:57pm On May 10, 2023
victorVIC1:

Autistic child is vulnerable. It's a shame that a parent will encourage his child to go into such fight
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Incrediblekutty(m): 8:02pm On May 10, 2023
victorVIC1:

My major concerns here is the bully's health. The guy is autistic. Can barely move perfectly but very troublesome

Let two hot slaps heal him of the autism... Thank God you said they are agemates

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by novia22(f): 8:25pm On May 10, 2023
phemmyfour:
Autistic child is vulnerable. It's a shame that a parent will encourage his child to go into such fight

9icetoo:

If i talk wetin dey my mind, you go hate me i swear. Don't raise a sissy. That is all i have to say. Autistic ko, autistic ni.

Well said @ 9icetoo
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by novia22(f): 8:34pm On May 10, 2023
victorVIC1:

But he can move to beat another child? I don't mean to sound mean but lets call a spade a spade. The Autistic boy's parents aren't doing a good job then. They should learn to restrain their child too knowing his condition cos at this rate, the boy will collect beating soon.

Okay, assuming this autistic boy beats your son one day and your son falls, hits his head and passes out, shey you will still be feeling bad for the Autistic Boy at the expense of your sons life? Kids are committing suicide these days because they are being bullied.

It's your God given job to protect your child and also teach your child to protect and defend himself. Forget sentiment oo.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Uniquekriss(m): 8:49pm On May 10, 2023
The day my son comes home crying that he was bullied by his peers or someone not older than than him with up to 5 years I'll give him the beating of his life, except he checks and the bully has health issues... I don't give birth to cowards. U should even be the one to start the fight, if u injure him, we will treat the victim, anybody injures you, I'll add to the injury.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by OBUA12345: 9:29pm On May 10, 2023
We are Africans African children fight back, i remember those days as a kid, u dear not cry home that ur class mate bit u. The impression was that if they slap u fight back. But this days kids takes fight as big sin.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by fof1: 9:33pm On May 10, 2023
victorVIC1:

You have Said it Already...The Health Conditions of this Particular Boy is Paramount, Pls.
Training ur Children to Defend himself is very apt in today's World of Violence...but Discretion is Very important, Pls. So Balance Ur Training Sessions of the Boy...Strong Will and Compassion is the Way to Go

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by GOVERNORR: 10:17pm On May 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, what exactly did you learn from that experience? undecided

Learned to never return home crying after a fight.. at least pretend
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On May 10, 2023
GOVERNORR:
■ Learned to never return home crying after a fight.. at least pretend
That must have been traumatic for you. lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by purples25(f): 12:19am On May 11, 2023
The worst thing a child can be is meek and over submissive and timid. Teach your kid to fight back.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by countryman13: 3:05am On May 11, 2023
victorVIC1:

Yes! Because if you don't n dey kill ur son (God forbid), na only sorry ooooo. With the type of madness going on in ds country, it's highly recommended. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Map1(m): 5:13am On May 11, 2023
It's just a pity we Nigerians are too emotional,i can tell you this either young or old those physically challenged are very dangerous in characters, tell you kid to fight back.my daughter of age 5 always told my, daddy am not going to school,8 now asked her why? She now told how her mates are bulling her,I told her she has to fight back, when ever they beat you hit them from face let the cry.now she doesn't complain about school again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. / How To Cheat On Your Husband Without Being Caught / Dealing With A Child's Destructive Behaviour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.