Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting (29236 Views)

I Fainted On The Road Today While Searching For A Job / START A SIDE BUSINESS TODAY WHILE SEARCHING FOR JOB / The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by 4getluv: 4:48pm On May 11, 2023
Blossommind:
I want to share what could have landed me in death or in a disfigured state but God said NO, having seen that I only came to hustle for my daily bread. There are cases of this type that people don't live to testify. I shall not die before my time.

Note: please I dont know how to write without errors and as I am in an unstable state now. So apology to English teachers and students in advance if you see errors. I'm a product of evening school.

First of all, I am a hustler and I have this strong desire to become a better person in life despite my background. 30+, father of two who still went back to school to study for a degree for the sake of the future, which is also putting additional pressure on me.

I do house painting and farming. So I got this small painting work that could have help me earn some money which I really needed it, thus, I grabbed it with joy. A one story building. It is one side of the house, given to me by the main contractor. Everything was going fine until at some point when i shifted the ladder to another position, put a stopper at the base so that the ladder won't slip. Everything looked good just like l have been doing all the while before I climbed it. While still climbing far up with a bucket of paint and long roller on my left hand, suddenly, the ladder slipped backwardly and with speed like siooooooooooood....... (like in a second or two) till it crashed landed. You know that kind sioooood sound. Meanwhile, I can't explain when the paint left my hand back to the ground and when I also left the ladder without even knowing, on free fall until I crash landed too. There was nothing to hold or anyway to help myself to land well. Chai, may we not die while looking for our daily bread. That was how I landed on my back roughly and hit the head on the wall. Chai, come and see me in this condition, no how you won't pity me. I didn't even know what to do immediately on crashing on the ground, to cry hungry me but I no fit cry at the same time.

Worse thing is that this kind of fall does not give any room to defend yourself. You just fall helplessly like a bag of fufu and land anyhow. Poor me! This hapoened after 10am today.

As it were, that was the end of the work and am back in the house now licking my wounds. Since the job is at personal-risk, whatever you see, you take. Nobody to complain to for sympathy.

Meanwhile, my second child is less than a month old. Praise be to God for not letting this moment of joy turn to tears, assuming injuries required medical emergency or even death.

To be a man is not a day job. It takes a lot to build to become a man especially, financially.

Right here at home, back/body pain, swollen head with serious headache (as I hit on the wall), dislocated joints (right wrist) and sharp pain around the left part of the waist, all going on around me.

"Brother Bernard" happened to me.
Thank God that it slipped backwards... assuming it was side ways. Ur story would have taken a different twist
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Zector(m): 4:56pm On May 11, 2023
Pls go for medical check up.
Protection of God will not leave u

Blossommind:
I want to share what could have landed me in death or in a disfigured state but God said NO, having seen that I only came to hustle for my daily bread. There are cases of this type that people don't live to testify. I shall not die before my time.

Note: please I dont know how to write without errors and as I am in an unstable state now. So apology to English teachers and students in advance if you see errors. I'm a product of evening school.

First of all, I am a hustler and I have this strong desire to become a better person in life despite my background. 30+, father of two who still went back to school to study for a degree for the sake of the future, which is also putting additional pressure on me.

I do house painting and farming. So I got this small painting work that could have help me earn some money which I really needed it, thus, I grabbed it with joy. A one story building. It is one side of the house, given to me by the main contractor. Everything was going fine until at some point when i shifted the ladder to another position, put a stopper at the base so that the ladder won't slip. Everything looked good just like l have been doing all the while before I climbed it. While still climbing far up with a bucket of paint and long roller on my left hand, suddenly, the ladder slipped backwardly and with speed like siooooooooooood....... (like in a second or two) till it crashed landed. You know that kind sioooood sound. Meanwhile, I can't explain when the paint left my hand back to the ground and when I also left the ladder without even knowing, on free fall until I crash landed too. There was nothing to hold or anyway to help myself to land well. Chai, may we not die while looking for our daily bread. That was how I landed on my back roughly and hit the head on the wall. Chai, come and see me in this condition, no how you won't pity me. I didn't even know what to do immediately on crashing on the ground, to cry hungry me but I no fit cry at the same time.

Worse thing is that this kind of fall does not give any room to defend yourself. You just fall helplessly like a bag of fufu and land anyhow. Poor me! This hapoened after 10am today.

As it were, that was the end of the work and am back in the house now licking my wounds. Since the job is at personal-risk, whatever you see, you take. Nobody to complain to for sympathy.

Meanwhile, my second child is less than a month old. Praise be to God for not letting this moment of joy turn to tears, assuming injuries required medical emergency or even death.

To be a man is not a day job. It takes a lot to build to become a man especially, financially.

Right here at home, back/body pain, swollen head with serious headache (as I hit on the wall), dislocated joints (right wrist) and sharp pain around the left part of the waist, all going on around me.

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by ak22(m): 5:03pm On May 11, 2023
sorry bro God will bless your hustle
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by prof22(m): 5:12pm On May 11, 2023
So sorry bro. Please get to see a doctor. And let them prescribe good pain relievers to you. You will be fine, You will be fine bro.
Blossommind:

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by kelspinall(m): 5:45pm On May 11, 2023
sorry
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Folarin7(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2023
Quick recovery bruh
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by ceejay80s(m): 5:56pm On May 11, 2023
Why u sef go barb ur hair, the hair for be like foam when ur coconut head wan hit ground, as a painter wey dey climb one storey building, leave afro hair
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by emmybobo1: 6:09pm On May 11, 2023
Jecci:
Thank God for your life.... but you should try to go for a check-up ASAP.

That was how I had a free fall at home four years ago and I just took pain Killers everything was gone the next week. Went about my business as usual now that has come back to haunt me because on that same leg I have done three orthopedic surgeries all high risk still yet I haven't corrected the leg.

The pains I feel on the leg is out of here, I can't climb stairs or even walk a distance of 10 mins anymore.

That nasty fall changed everything about my life and I have still not recovered from it. My kneecap was affected. So you see you need to go run x-ray and scan as soon as possible. If you have money for a CT scan please spare because you said your head was impacted heavily so as to rule out internal bleeding.

See fine girl like me at my young age wey I think say everything perfect for my body dey do shakara dey go at this point everything has gone out of the window. I can't function the way I am supposed to.
It is really limiting me alot. Was supposed to get married this year but everything went South 90% because of the leg. His family shifted his mind and him too started acting up. So my dear please take care of your health. Don't take it for granted.
Just that one fall I had that I didn't take serious the resulting effect is dealing with me so badly

This life is unpredictable. Sorry dear.

I’m going through postnasal drip( mucus gathering around my throat) right now. For over a week I haven’t been myself. And doctors couldn’t help me. I don’t even know what to do.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by honeyB2018: 6:09pm On May 11, 2023
Blossommind:

So sorry, may the Lord heal you wholly.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Christistruth02: 6:18pm On May 11, 2023
I have seen People that always pray before Climbing a Ladder or Tree
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Mayowa112(m): 7:11pm On May 11, 2023
sorry brother hope you have taken medication
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Occurstaem(m): 8:34pm On May 11, 2023
Sorry about the incident. Be sure to be more cautious and use a protective helmet.
May God take you out of your plight and reward you with something better and huge.

1 Like

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by DeGLORIOUS: 8:51pm On May 11, 2023
This your story eh, only a real hustler can relate. So many risks out there. Na only God dey save guys. After all these, you come send urgent 2k and one antilope go insult you sey e too small. Mmm undecided cry kiss
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by ThatrealestApex: 9:03pm On May 11, 2023
Jecci:

That was how I had a free fall at home four years ago and I just took pain Killers everything was gone the next week. Went about my business as usual now that has come back to haunt me because on that same leg I have done three orthopedic surgeries all high risk still yet I haven't corrected the leg.

The pains I feel on the leg is out of here, I can't climb stairs or even walk a distance of 10 mins anymore.

That nasty fall changed everything about my life and I have still not recovered from it. My kneecap was affected. So you see you need to go run x-ray and scan as soon as possible. If you have money for a CT scan please spare because you said your head was impacted heavily so as to rule out internal bleeding.

See fine girl like me at my young age wey I think say everything perfect for my body dey do shakara dey go at this point everything has gone out of the window. I can't function the way I am supposed to.
It is really limiting me alot. Was supposed to get married this year but everything went South 90% because of the leg. His family shifted his mind and him too started acting up. So my dear please take care of your health. Don't take it for granted.
Just that one fall I had that I didn't take serious the resulting effect is dealing with me so badly

So sorry about that dear
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Blossommind: 9:44pm On May 11, 2023
signature2012:

Quote me in a dead thread with your bank details bro.

May God bless our hustle.

Please,in as much this might be personal to you,don’t take any offence.
For now,bringing another kid to this world should be out of your mind at the moment.

May God send helpers that will elevate you.

Please I did as you said. Hoping to hear from you.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Fortune13(m): 10:01pm On May 11, 2023
May God grant you quick recovery and bless your hustle
Blossommind:

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by mustnotbenamed: 10:23pm On May 11, 2023
Good for you grin grin
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Olam09(m): 10:39pm On May 11, 2023
Blossommind:

Fall of shame.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Ilekokonit: 10:52pm On May 11, 2023
Get well soon but like others have said, try and do a brain scan to detect any burst blood vessel as the brain can not handle any blood clots resting on it and that could be dangerous and is the reason crash helmets are recommended for motorcyclists.

Also if you are going to take any more painting job at height, only take the one where your safety has been thought of BEFORE HAND by the main contractor by way of constructing SECURED scaffolding you can climb with built in ladders and stand on and paint in peace instead of being left to your fate to dangle from a ladder that is not secured in place by anything.

Count yourself lucky to have survived as any head injury could be fatal and as brain injury does not show up immediately, get it checked out by a doctor as soon as possible as you don't want any blood clot resting on any part of your brain.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by raphy(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2023
Sorry may we not die In the verge of our breakthrough
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Blossommind: 10:57pm On May 11, 2023
Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions. I appreciate them all.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Love800(m): 11:02pm On May 11, 2023
I have fell from a tree once while plucking pear. It happened dat the branch i was holding wasn't dat strong and it got broke crashing me to the floor. I was just on the floor thinking abt my fate cos i thought in my mind dat i have broken my hip bone. I was still thinking b4 i got up and to my amazement, i was only left with some scratches here nd there but my bone was intact. I thank God that the height from which i fell wasn't much if not i would have been a cripple. Since after dat incident, i dont climb trees anymore cos anytin could happen up there.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by signature2012(m): 11:53pm On May 11, 2023
Blossommind:

Please I did as you said. Hoping to hear from you.

I did not get any mention!

Mention my moniker in a dead thread or modify this post and put in your bank details.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Vietnaminfo(m): 2:33am On May 12, 2023
Blossommind:

OP, so sorry to hear about your ordeal. I have been reading people's comment asking OP to go to hospital and do check up. Did anyone ask if OP has money to go for check up? This life we live, we should cultivate the nature of showing love to everyone. OP, send me message in my inbox and I will sort your hospital bill out for you. Life is too precious to give advice without any help. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Beey(f): 3:51am On May 12, 2023
Blossommind:

If financially able, I’d suggest you get a full body MRI especially because of the headache & swelling in your head. If you can’t afford to have the whole body scanned, try get a MRI done on your head.People have died after falls because they didn’t know that they were bleeding internally. Not saying this will be your story, but prevention is better than cure. Wish you a quick recovery.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Royceey(m): 5:46am On May 12, 2023
Sorry brotherly... May God heal you and Bless the work of your hands
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by BeStroNG(m): 7:26am On May 12, 2023
Love800:
I have fell from a tree once while plucking pear. It happened dat the branch i was holding wasn't dat strong and it got broke crashing me to the floor. I was just on the floor thinking abt my fate cos i thought in my mind dat i have broken my hip bone. I was still thinking b4 i got up and to my amazement, i was only left with some scratches here nd there but my bone was intact. I thank God that the height from which i fell wasn't much if not i would have been a cripple. Since after dat incident, i dont climb trees anymore cos anytin could happen up there.

Good morning to you, usually I'm so afraid of anything height.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by madridguy(m): 7:38am On May 12, 2023
Your comment is so touching. If I may ask you, do you fractured your leg or what happened ? If it is bone fracture and people that treated you didn't arrange it well let me know. I know a man who is a specialist on that.

Jecci:

Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Coolgent(m): 8:10am On May 12, 2023
Blossommind:

Go to hospital to ascertain your condition please.
May God heal you
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Love800(m): 8:29am On May 12, 2023
Good morning too

Actually i was a very good climber when it comes to trees. But i neva expected what happend that fateful day. The branch of the tree i took hold of looked very strong. But unfortunately it turned out that it was weak. That moment i was crashing from the top to bottom, it all look like a film. I ave made a firm resolution to abstain from climbing trees cos anything could happened up there whether u are a good climber or not
BeStroNG:

Good morning to you, usually I'm so afraid of anything height.
Re: Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting by Blossommind: 8:55am On May 12, 2023
Vietnaminfo:

OP, so sorry to hear about your ordeal. I have been reading people's comment asking OP to go to hospital and do check up. Did anyone ask if OP has money to go for check up? This life we live, we should cultivate the nature of showing love to everyone. OP, send me message in my inbox and I will sort your hospital bill out for you. Life is too precious to give advice without any help. God bless you.

Please check your mail box. I have sent you a mail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Confusion Over N-power As Scheme Takes Off Today / Immigration To Recruit 5,000 Personnel Soon / What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.