Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? (53372 Views)

Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments / What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? / If Your Brother Is Still Generous To Your Family After Marriage, Thank His Wife’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 11, 2023
sukkot:
See at this point I don't understand most Nigerians anymore. Every time I offer a helping hand to Nigerians they turn to your enemy. I don't understand the dynamics behind it. The whole interaction just gets very awkward after that . It's like they hate you for " humbling " them. It never fails.

But the ones who have a pure friendly relationship with you? Are the ones you haven't given anything yet. So in my everyday life person to person I try to do charity because charity covers a multitude of sins and givers never lack.

So this is a recent case study. This young guy , a security guard was sent by the company to guard the house I stay. I would say about 19 years old. One night I went grocery shopping and I was going through the gate he runs over from across the street and told me he was hungry. So I said what does he eat ? He said he likes indomie . So I went to my place and brought out like 5 indomie and 3 soft drinks and 2 sardines and gave it to him. He thanked me.

Every 2 days when I go out I would do small grocery shopping for him. Indomie and biscuits and soft drinks sardine or bread. A few times when I go out to get bottled palmwine for myself I would get him palmwine or orijin beer he likes. But I started noticing his entitlement behaviour like on the days when I don't buy him anything he would time when I Am coming home and sit beside my door when he sees me carrying my own groceries and he would be looking at me like he is depressed. And he would Always be watching me to see if I am going grocery shopping and he would hang around the car to see if I would come out with grocery.

Let's just say this guy got ridiculously stalkerish and so I called him up 4 days ago and asked him has his salary being paid yet? He said yes. Because am thinking all these things he is doing because he is new on the job and has no money and is hungry so I put up with it for like a month.

But once he told me yes that he had being paid, I in a roundabout way told him I don't tolerate the stalking. That he doesn't need to be following me or waiting on me. Anyway since that day this guy just turned into an enemy. Someone who I have been buying groceries for for almost a whole month just turned hostile like that. Now all that time I was buying him grocery he would do ass kissing stuff like when I drop my black trash bag outside my door he would take it to the bin outside for me but since that day the guy just bone my trash bags lol.

Anyway the point here is this ? You create an enemy unknowingly out of those you help - not family members- because I think it is humiliating for them and they despise you for it, so if you are going to offer charity don't offer it to people you have to see on a daily basis. Just find a beggar in the street that you would never see again. Nigerians are funny, they beg you for money but they hate you for giving them that money especially if it is not a life changing amount.

It's like a guy I gave 5000 naira one time and he thought it was an insult, just a regular guy who I don't even know like that, God is my witness, which 5000 is no money but it was just for him to buy beer for the weekend, you can get 15 beers with 5000 when I gave it to him.

So out here on these streets you have to be savage. No more mr nice guy ooo lol. basically if you are not offering guys over 100k just forget it cuz they would hate you. look for a real beggar who would appreciate 5000 or 1000.

That guy is a criminal and you have to be careful

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by OChimex: 6:21pm On May 11, 2023
sukkot:
See at this point I don't understand most Nigerians anymore. Every time I offer a helping hand to Nigerians they turn to your enemy. I don't understand the dynamics behind it. The whole interaction just gets very awkward after that . It's like they hate you for " humbling " them. It never fails.

But the ones who have a pure friendly relationship with you? Are the ones you haven't given anything yet. So in my everyday life person to person I try to do charity because charity covers a multitude of sins and givers never lack.

So this is a recent case study. This young guy , a security guard was sent by the company to guard the house I stay. I would say about 19 years old. One night I went grocery shopping and I was going through the gate he runs over from across the street and told me he was hungry. So I said what does he eat ? He said he likes indomie . So I went to my place and brought out like 5 indomie and 3 soft drinks and 2 sardines and gave it to him. He thanked me.

Every 2 days when I go out I would do small grocery shopping for him. Indomie and biscuits and soft drinks sardine or bread. A few times when I go out to get bottled palmwine for myself I would get him palmwine or orijin beer he likes. But I started noticing his entitlement behaviour like on the days when I don't buy him anything he would time when I Am coming home and sit beside my door when he sees me carrying my own groceries and he would be looking at me like he is depressed. And he would Always be watching me to see if I am going grocery shopping and he would hang around the car to see if I would come out with grocery.

Let's just say this guy got ridiculously stalkerish and so I called him up 4 days ago and asked him has his salary being paid yet? He said yes. Because am thinking all these things he is doing because he is new on the job and has no money and is hungry so I put up with it for like a month.

But once he told me yes that he had being paid, I in a roundabout way told him I don't tolerate the stalking. That he doesn't need to be following me or waiting on me. Anyway since that day this guy just turned into an enemy. Someone who I have been buying groceries for for almost a whole month just turned hostile like that. Now all that time I was buying him grocery he would do ass kissing stuff like when I drop my black trash bag outside my door he would take it to the bin outside for me but since that day the guy just bone my trash bags lol.

Anyway the point here is this ? You create an enemy unknowingly out of those you help - not family members- because I think it is humiliating for them and they despise you for it, so if you are going to offer charity don't offer it to people you have to see on a daily basis. Just find a beggar in the street that you would never see again. Nigerians are funny, they beg you for money but they hate you for giving them that money especially if it is not a life changing amount.

It's like a guy I gave 5000 naira one time and he thought it was an insult, just a regular guy who I don't even know like that, God is my witness, which 5000 is no money but it was just for him to buy beer for the weekend, you can get 15 beers with 5000 when I gave it to him.

So out here on these streets you have to be savage. No more mr nice guy ooo lol. basically if you are not offering guys over 100k just forget it cuz they would hate you. look for a real beggar who would appreciate 5000 or 1000.

That’s the reason Nigeria is in the shape she is now because most Nigerians are wicked people. Just evil in their hearts.
Be careful, you that guy don mark your face. He might start planning evil against you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 6:21pm On May 11, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Muchecheche, you go pay guys taya from your Astral magic money, Dayuummmmmm grin
grin grin bro.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by tnerro1(m): 6:22pm On May 11, 2023
Bros, no start wetin u no go fit finish

Na now I see why oyibo no trust Nigerians, even me wey be Nigerian no trust Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 11, 2023
Aww.. seems like you've been longing for a front page for a while... smiley smiley smiley
sukkot:
ok. thank you mods for the fp. much appreciated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Seagodess(f): 6:22pm On May 11, 2023
Don't stop helping.. he's a bad person naturally

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 6:25pm On May 11, 2023
OChimex:

That’s the reason Nigeria is in the shape she is now because most Nigerians are wicked people. Just evil in their hearts.
Be careful, you that guy don mark your face. He might start planning evil against you.
i read people. guy is harmless but weird. i dont even think he weighs up to 80 pounds. very skinny with babyface. not in the least bit dangerous. just a weird kid

4 Likes

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Tekil: 6:26pm On May 11, 2023
sukkot:

@ Sukkot please I really need a job as I'll appreciate if you can help with the company name that gives the security job so I can contact them and seek whether I can be employed as I'm koboless and feeling hopeless already. Thank you as you respond.
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 6:28pm On May 11, 2023
Tekil:

@ Sukkot please I really need a job as I'll appreciate if you can help with the company name that gives the security job so I can contact them and seek whether I can be employed as I'm koboless and feeling hopeless already. Thank you as you respond.
i will ask the guy who is in charge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 6:29pm On May 11, 2023
Samantha124:
Aww.. seems like you've been longing for a front page for a while... smiley smiley smiley
hehe not really. that was jokes grin
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Tekil: 6:30pm On May 11, 2023
sukkot:
i will ask the guy who is in charge

Alright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Kobicove(m): 6:32pm On May 11, 2023
Don't make it a habit to be 'dashing' people money anyhow especially if they have not done something to earn it undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by TsbAfrica: 6:32pm On May 11, 2023
Promo, you see how all the nairaland Fs are wagging thier tails .... The promo work haha

Well the story is from your perspective alone only God knows what the security guy would have to say, besides there are better ways you could have helped the kid that would be life changing rather than stomach infrastructure. But anyway the story fit never end .... becasue the youth of nowadays .. they have strong mind and all of them want to ball at anybody's expense. All well and good, to each thier own.
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by emonis88: 6:33pm On May 11, 2023
May I ask, which tribe that guy is from?
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Klass99(f): 6:35pm On May 11, 2023

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Mummyimbecile(m): 6:35pm On May 11, 2023
I don't trust people, so I choose them carefully.

All these nice guys stuffs you guys do in Nigeria, you can't do it over here.

Here in The States, everyone minds his/her business.
Who get your time sef.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Sicilyjoe: 6:36pm On May 11, 2023
Skyview01:

I used to work in a bank and at month ends, accounts and transaction fees are charged. We have an instruction to reverse fees ONLY if the customers asked for it. Most rich people will 100% of the time ask for a reversal of the smallest amount and lots of the poor people never ask for their money back.

I have seen up to $180 reversible charges in transaction fees in a poor person's account and could have been reversed if they had asked for it but, guess what, they are either too proud, shy or ignorant to ask.

The distinction between being rich and poor goes deep into mentality and build up of individuals.

If you give 20million dollars each to all the young people today aged 20 years, in 25 years, the rich will still be rich and the poor would have squandered the 20 million dollars and still remain poor.

I give to people that are really in need; the motherless babies home, orphanage homes and the likes of that.

Hello pls can u explain more about this reverse charge fee, I want to know more about it and how it works
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 11, 2023
Okay.. smiley smiley smiley
sukkot:
hehe not really. that was jokes grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by bdon123(m): 6:36pm On May 11, 2023
sukkot:

My own security man i feed n pay 25k per month in d north.Mind u na me pay pass around.d fcker left my house n went back to his wife wen i was out d country on vacation.
He couldnt even jst tell me m leaving.i had to depend on my cctv to monitor my home frm london.
As i heard, even house helps do this alot this days.its really very bad if u not satisfied wit wat i pay quit responsible not to jst disappear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 6:37pm On May 11, 2023
Nazgul:
@ sukkot

I would highly recommend that you tell your company to replace that fellow. That kind of entitlement mentality isn't what you shared tolerate, cos he can do anything to you without remorse including robing or even killing you.

Replace him ASAP.
i don't know how to describe it but he is very powerless in this environment . It's like gated and then it's a close then next door is some politician so it's alwYs like 6 armed mopol outside . This environment is do anyhow see anyhow. It's not the type of environment where these types of people have any inch of upper hand. So there is no fear . Plus the guy is just a skinny babyface guy. He is weird but he is not dangerous
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Shezzman: 6:38pm On May 11, 2023
Sorry about that but don't be weary in doing good. If I tell you what my eyes don see ehn. Anyways. Just overlook it and do him good when you feel like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 11, 2023
sukkot:

Nothing but the truth.
That's the street.
U can also get into some deep shit for this u did and that's if I understand your story very well.
Street ain't smiling.
😐

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by rinzylee(m): 6:39pm On May 11, 2023
PeterTinubu:
I rather burn my money than help any human being again.

Help? That syllable ain't in my Dico 😩

I used to be the nicest guy alive until I got betrayed & backstabbed by one of my closest disciples whom I helped so much in life.

Human beings don't deserve help, everyone should struggle for him/herself.

Life is a jungle and only the strong survive ❗

Never allow people change you!!!!

They will move on, you would live with the poor version of yourself , created by you.

It is greatness to do good. Trust me, it always has a reward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by mastermaestro(m): 6:41pm On May 11, 2023
I am more concerned about your safety going forward, oga. sad
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Sablexxxtoons: 6:41pm On May 11, 2023
sukkot:
ok. thank you mods for the fp. much appreciated
Oga why u getting all emotional cos of front page..

pardon my asking no offense o.. are you Nigerian national born? The name Sukkot sounds Indian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by taovicrape(m): 6:41pm On May 11, 2023
It's better u don't start what u can't finish, I'm currently experiencing something of such , I'm Working for someone in an estate , and u need code to enter the estate, I av been working for over a month and the security already recognise me, but anytime I enter the estate , they will always request for something, and I do gv them once in a while ,even if I was at the gate to direct motor bringing materials my boss ordered , they will be requesting , and I
av started telling them I'm not a contractor but an a salary earner like that, since then they have been acting hostile , but I don't gv a damn , In as much I àv my code to enter the site , I owe no one one any money , I will only gv when I have not that u will be demanding from me

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 6:43pm On May 11, 2023
bdon123:

My own security man i feed n pay 25k per month in d north.Mind u na me pay pass around.d fcker left my house n went back to his wife wen i was out d country on vacation.
He couldnt even jst tell me m leaving.i had to depend on my cctv to monitor my home frm london.
As i heard, even house helps do this alot this days.its really very bad if u not satisfied wit wat i pay quit responsible not to jst disappear
yeah these people see these jobs as survival hustles and are never committed to it. It's the pay. The north is a cheap place to live but down south paying them 30k is a joke . But I am not in charge of paying the guy. In fact left to me I don't see the point in having your own security in a gated estate. It's madness
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Nazgul: 6:45pm On May 11, 2023
sukkot:
i don't know how to describe it but he is very powerless in this environment . It's like gated and then it's a close then next door is some politician so it's alwYs like 6 armed mopol outside . This environment is do anyhow see anyhow. It's not the type of environment where these types of people have any inch of upper hand. So there is no fear . Plus the guy is just a skinny babyface guy. He is weird but he is not dangerous
Ok then...
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 6:45pm On May 11, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:

Oga why u getting all emotional cos of front page..

pardon my asking no offense o.. are you Nigerian national born? The name Sukkot sounds Indian
lol it was jokes and yes I am Nigerian
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 6:48pm On May 11, 2023
Iamuk:

Nothing but the truth.
That's the street.
U can also get into some deep shit for this u did and that's if I understand your story very well.
Street ain't smiling.
😐
streetz done red finish bro

1 Like

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Sammy5413(m): 6:52pm On May 11, 2023
Too much of everything is bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Dshocker(m): 6:54pm On May 11, 2023
sukkot:

You've opened up evil in his heart, that he might even plan to rob or kidnap you.

These days, people barely employe security guards, because there have been constant attacks that results to death from the security guard.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / My Wife Used New Car To Sow Seed To Her Pastor – Husband / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.