Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? (13010 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Woman Reports Noisy Church To LASEPA. Forces Them To Change Venue Of Vigil / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by EKONGKING: 3:57pm On May 17, 2023
Lots of churches lots of mosques and lots of poor people that will aptly describe Nigeria in one sentence.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by ReacherSaidNoth: 4:00pm On May 17, 2023
Having crazy christian neighbors who feel the need to engage in their noisemaking nightly prayers is just as annoying.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by frozen70(f): 4:04pm On May 17, 2023
HappyPagan:
A few years ago, one of the branches of Winners Chapels opened on my street.

It didn't take long for them to set up 4 loud speakers outside their church. My quiet mornings became filled with their cries to God to have mercy on his people.

I struggle with insomia, and I'm a light sleeper. Imagine how the quality of my days deteriorated, waking up angry and possed, the gruntings from the Head Pastor's throat banginge ear drums every morning.

I confronted them on many occasions, but nothing seemed to work. I then had the brilliant idea to make a video recording and upload to my Twitter account. I tagged their Headquarters and their main account, asked them if Jesus was wrong to ask them to pray in cupboards, quiet and away from the neighbors.

I also went to all their social media pages and made an asshole of meself..... Gotta say this year, I noticed they have moved their speakers in... I rarely know when they have services, and my street is no quiet as Bleep again... Even on Sundays.

Have you had a similar issue? How did you solve it?

At a stage I became use to it and at times I won't even know it's on

I only feel it when I want to make calls or receive calls

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by Successlane: 4:13pm On May 17, 2023
incandescentena:
STOLE THE GENERATOR USED BY THE MOSQUES

That's the critical word here.

If dem catch u, na to cut off your hand o o .

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by alabo1: 4:17pm On May 17, 2023
Aplaudez:

You're a liar sir

Why is he a liar. I did same in my street.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by superCleanworks(m): 4:23pm On May 17, 2023
there is a special place in HELL FIRE for those preachers that carry LARGE BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS in the early morning to disturb sleepers.

I remember back then in Lagos when one bros came out on his balcony with his shotgun and shot at one preacher 5am in the morning. The bullet hit the public address system the fool was using to disturb, he was lucky.

finally, that noise is just another great reminder that you are in a poor people neighbourhood.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by Lukuluku69(m): 4:24pm On May 17, 2023
HappyPagan:

It didn't take long for them to set up 4 loud speakers outside their church. My quiet mornings became filled with their cries to God to have mercy on his people.

I struggle with insomia, and I'm a light sleeper. Imagine how the quality of my days deteriorated, waking up angry and possed, the gruntings from the Head Pastor's throat banginge ear drums every morning.

I confronted them on many occasions, but nothing seemed to work. I then had the brilliant idea to make a video recording and upload to my Twitter account. I tagged their Headquarters and their main account, asked them if Jesus was wrong to ask them to pray in cupboards, quiet and away from the neighbors.

I also went to all their social media pages and made an asshole of meself..... Gotta say this year, I noticed they have moved their speakers in... I rarely know when they have services, and my street is no quiet as Bleep again... Even on Sundays.

Nice idea there Op.

In my own case, I have accepted my fate. There is a Church directly in front of my house. Their itinerary is as follows:

1. Sunday Services 7:30am to 1pm

2. Wednesdays 8:30am- 1pm

3. Fridays 7:30am to 11am

4. Saturdays Choir Practice 5pm-7pm.

5. Last Friday of the Month 11pm till Day Break( They invite Singers from sister churches and everything is on these Mega Speakers)

Between, I have at least 8 Churches within a radius of 70m-100m of my house. So, I am used to them all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by sixtuso(m): 4:26pm On May 17, 2023
HappyPagan:

. Hmmm your lucky it's church you can report. Mine is mosque where I just park in less than a year. Their ahuja is placed opposite my window and I only have issues only 5am and 6am prayers but we suffered so much from their noise during the last Ramadan. They will start from 2am till 6am and the worst is I don't normally sleep early. I went to bed mostly 12 and 1 am. How do I report them because I don't want them to call it blasphemy? Am regretting parking to the area honestly.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by Eniolohunda: 4:30pm On May 17, 2023
Nigeria is e lawless country, that's why the country is where it is today. When I was in Lagos, there is no church within my close, yet unscrupulous element will not allow person to have good sleep. Like two neighbors, they will put my flat in the middle, and saying they were doing night vigil,so irritating. I tried to correct both, but when I noticed they didn't yield, I left them. Another one will come to my close around 4.30am with microphone shouting and very close to my window. I was like, how many people do I want to correct in the name of reduce noise. I thank God I left the country for my sanity.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by SeniorMan715(m): 4:32pm On May 17, 2023
One of the reason i love Jehovah's Witnesses they can never disturb their neighbours
HappyPagan:

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by SeniorMan715(m): 4:34pm On May 17, 2023
Used to them ? How can you be used to noise and disturbance abeg isn't healthy e dey affect the brain mentally
Lukuluku69:

Nice idea there Op.

In my own case, I have accepted my fate. There is a Church directly in front of my house. Their itinerary is as follows:

1. Sunday Services 7:30am to 1pm

2. Wednesdays 8:30- 1pm

3. Fridays 7:30 to 11am

4. Saturdays Choir Practice 5pm-7pm.

5. Last Friday of the Month 11pm till Day Break( They invite Singers from sister churches and everything is on these Mega Speakers)

Between, I have at least 8 Churches withing a radius of 70m-100m of my house. So, I am used to them all.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by HappyPagan: 4:40pm On May 17, 2023
superCleanworks:
there is a special place in HELL FIRE for those preachers that carry LARGE BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS in the early morning to disturb sleepers.

I remember back then in Lagos when one bros came out on his balcony with his shotgun and shot at one preacher 5am in the morning. The bullet hit the public address system the fool was using to disturb, he was lucky.

finally, that noise is just another great reminder that you are in a poor people neighbourhood.
You'd be surprised o...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by Lukuluku69(m): 4:42pm On May 17, 2023
SeniorMan715:
Used to them ? How can you be used to noise and disturbance abeg isn't healthy e dey affect the brain mentally

Bros, I am used to them o. I actually made mention of the Noise at our Monthly CDA Meetings on a number of occasions and was told that they will look into it. It is now over Two Years and nothing changes. I broached the issues with Neighbours and the responses are :look, just leave them alone. So, I just let them be.

The numerous Services I listed are actually not a bother but the Month End Night Vigils. And that too, I get around it by sometimes sleep over at a brother's place or watch TV or read thru the Night depending on my mood.
Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by labelle123(f): 4:46pm On May 17, 2023
moscobabs:
There was this church at the back of my house fence with almost 4 speakers but population of 20 members or so. The noice from the speakers are unbearable, I don't go church cos that's the only day I have to rest, to avoid being disturbed by their noise I always go to my friend's house at another street between the hour of 9am to 1pm. One day I decided to stop that rubbish. I borrow a big speaker from my friend placed it on the fence , face the church directly and start playing secular music on that fateful Sunday morning, noise start fighting noise cos I loud the music. After church I carry the speaker in. I was thinking they will stop but nothing changes, they still have another service on Monday morning but I don't have their time. On Wesday evening they start their madness again I have no choice than to connect the speaker to my DVD player and I slot in Adult film lock my door remove the other speakers inside then Increase the volume so every church member will feel it and walk out. Only for me to come back after one hour and the speaker wire has been disconnected and met the speaker fall to the back of my window, it's obvious someone did that. Na so the madness in me resurrect, I enter the church with force. The community landlords later settle it and the noise from the church stop. Few months after the church pack comot for our area

Laugh wan kill me ooo

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by Dyfynezz12(m): 4:51pm On May 17, 2023
moscobabs:
There was this church at the back of my house fence with almost 4 speakers but population of 20 members or so. The noice from the speakers are unbearable, I don't go church cos that's the only day I have to rest, to avoid being disturbed by their noise I always go to my friend's house at another street between the hour of 9am to 1pm. One day I decided to stop that rubbish. I borrow a big speaker from my friend placed it on the fence , face the church directly and start playing secular music on that fateful Sunday morning, noise start fighting noise cos I loud the music. After church I carry the speaker in. I was thinking they will stop but nothing changes, they still have another service on Monday morning but I don't have their time. On Wesday evening they start their madness again I have no choice than to connect the speaker to my DVD player and I slot in Adult film lock my door remove the other speakers inside then Increase the volume so every church member will feel it and walk out. Only for me to come back after one hour and the speaker wire has been disconnected and met the speaker fall to the back of my window, it's obvious someone did that. Na so the madness in me resurrect, I enter the church with force. The community landlords later settle it and the noise from the church stop. Few months after the church pack comot for our area
Lol craze jam werey!!!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by sageb: 4:53pm On May 17, 2023
HappyPagan:

Well, I live in PH. I have around 15 churches around me. This 'New Guy' was the only erring one.

One morning, they were just 8 in attendance for a 5AM service (yes, I walked in and counted). All the speakers were on and outside at 5 fucking AM..

Oh well, disconnected 2 and walked out. I was so pissed that morning I actually considered arson..

Seriously?
which area in PH?
Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by amakanancy(f): 4:59pm On May 17, 2023
HappyPagan:

Well, I live in PH. I have around 15 churches around me. This 'New Guy' was the only erring one.

One morning, they were just 8 in attendance for a 5AM service (yes, I walked in and counted). All the speakers were on and outside at 5 fucking AM..

Oh well, disconnected 2 and walked out. I was so pissed that morning I actually considered arson.. 😕
15!! exaggeration, right?
Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by Bahamas95(m): 5:05pm On May 17, 2023
Even with the proliferation of churches and mosques all over the country Nigerians are still the most wicked people on earth.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:31pm On May 17, 2023
grin grin Most times, the noisy churches and mosques harbor the worst, despicable sinners.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by vikiblinks: 5:36pm On May 17, 2023
Do you guys notice the recent trend on mtn?you can't see your acc. Balance anymore
Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by 9jaflave: 5:45pm On May 17, 2023
I wrote a petition to LASEPA about the noise pollution from the church right behind my house.
LASEPA officials came and issued a warning to the pastor.
The church abated, but started the noise after some months. I reported again and the pastor was issued a summon.
Since then the church stopped using loud speaker for their night vigil.
One day the pastor decreed loudly during their service that I would die in 21 days. I laughed. This is about 6 years now.
If you are disturbed by any church or mosque promptly report to LASEPA, attach your LASRAA ID, include address and telephone number.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by MechanicMike: 6:06pm On May 17, 2023
HappyPagan:

angry
Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by MechanicMike: 6:06pm On May 17, 2023
HappyPagan:

u don't hav window in Yor house?(no offenscce) angry
Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by Honchoslim16(m): 6:07pm On May 17, 2023
Atheists, Agnostics and Theists looking to have a healthy and logical discussions..... Kindly hit me up on telegram @slimthehoncho

I'll add you to my group!

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by Idoko619(m): 6:23pm On May 17, 2023
moscobabs:
There was this church at the back of my house fence with almost 4 speakers but population of 20 members or so. The noice from the speakers are unbearable, I don't go church cos that's the only day I have to rest, to avoid being disturbed by their noise I always go to my friend's house at another street between the hour of 9am to 1pm. One day I decided to stop that rubbish. I borrow a big speaker from my friend placed it on the fence , face the church directly and start playing secular music on that fateful Sunday morning, noise start fighting noise cos I loud the music. After church I carry the speaker in. I was thinking they will stop but nothing changes, they still have another service on Monday morning but I don't have their time. On Wesday evening they start their madness again I have no choice than to connect the speaker to my DVD player and I slot in Adult film lock my door remove the other speakers inside then Increase the volume so every church member will feel it and walk out. Only for me to come back after one hour and the speaker wire has been disconnected and met the speaker fall to the back of my window, it's obvious someone did that. Na so the madness in me resurrect, I enter the church with force. Th ;De community landlords later settle it and the noise from the church stop. Few months after the church pack comot for our area

I don't think anybody will ever do more than this

1 Like

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by NinjaMetahuman: 6:34pm On May 17, 2023
moscobabs:
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by TforThanks: 7:05pm On May 17, 2023
sixtuso:
. Hmmm your lucky it's church you can report. Mine is mosque where I just park in less than a year. Their ahuja is placed opposite my window and I only have issues only 5am and 6am prayers but we suffered so much from their noise during the last Ramadan. They will start from 2am till 6am and the worst is I don't normally sleep early. I went to bed mostly 12 and 1 am. How do I report them because I don't want them to call it blasphemy? Am regretting parking to the area honestly.

I'm a Muslim, I can tell you no sane Muslim would call that blasphemy.
Islamically, aside calling for prayers which is usually not more than 5mins in most cases, every other activities must not be loud to the extent of disturbing the peace of the community. If you haven't talked to the Imam of the mosque, try discussing with him peacefully. If they persist, promptly report to LASEPA, attach your LASRAA ID, include address and telephone number.

T for Thanks 👍

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by HELLASJ(m): 7:23pm On May 17, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:
The mosque that used to disturb me has given themselves brain, if not I for do the unimaginable on them one day.

I guess others also complained before they grew sense and did the needful.
Mosque don't disturb with loud speakers. Mosque activities are always quiet and in very little time unless they have programs which isn't on a regular basis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by Jazzman01: 7:25pm On May 17, 2023
sixtuso:

I am facing exactly the same thing here. It is usually worse during the Ramadan period. On a normal day it is 5am to 6am daily (with intermittent breaks) then they give lectures like 3 times a week between 6am to 7am and 7pm to 8pm. Thank God for poor power supply, it would have been 5 times everyday. But they never miss that of 5am, they will surely put on their Generator.
Re: How Did You Handle That Noisy 'church' Or 'mosque'? by meedoLock(m): 7:35pm On May 17, 2023
A caller on one of the most informed radio program I routinely listen to here in Ibadan. Seeking the opinion of the presenter on what to do.

He said his immediate neighbor whom they share the same apartment together has embark on four days marathon prayers, this one is not even the issue of speaker. He said the said person will start the prayer wàhálà in the middle of the night noisily. He had first reported to the landlord association but nothing was done to it, this is now affecting his health as he couldn't sleep while the night crusade is going on.

If not hypocrisy, what kind of prayer do one say to inconvenient other people within the reach? . Our religious leaders have a lot to do cause they contribute most to this shenanigans.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

And Such Were Some Of You : Will Believers Not Enter The Kingdom?- Jack Kelley / For Grail Message Adherents And Whoever Cares To Look / Who Built The Kaaba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.