Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? (15976 Views)

Pictures From President Bola Tinubu First Security Meeting With Service Chiefs / Hon. Erele Elebute-Halle Hosts Folashade Tinubu, First Daughter Of Nigeria / Tinubu: First Lady, Aisha Buhari, Shows Off Her Jagaban Logo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Ohislee(m): 12:05pm On May 12, 2023
The elections is come and gone and we have a president elect in Tinubu. A lot of Nigerians do not believe he his the right man to lead the nation forward while there are other group of people with a contrary opinions.

As a Nigerian, what are your expectations for Tinubu's first 6months in office?

I would go first!

In Tinubu's first 6months in office, I do not expect much difference from what we have experienced in Buhari's administration for a number if reasons.

1) 40% of his cabinet would likely be those already existing in Buhari's administration. These are the same set of people that have destroyed this nation in the last 8 years and are regrouping under the leadership of Tinubu. The lobbying is already going on.

2) Due to the elections, Tinubu have not been able to pay adequate attention to his health, thereby making him struggle health wise. After the inaugurations, I expect Tinubu to be in Nigeria max 2 weeks before he jets out to Europe for further treatment of his ailment. This might take 3 - 6months. Guess who will be handling the affairs of this nation? Kashim Shettima.

3) Islamic extremist like Shettima would not prioritize nation building, his number one agenda is the expansion of Islam. I foresee insecurity increasing.

4) Corruption: There would be an increase in corruption among those that are in the corridors of power like never before in Tinubu's administration. The fight against corruption would cease. Any attempt to fight it would be countered by blackmails. After all , they all know each others secret. Corruption can not fight corruption.

5) Development: In a nation where insecurity and corruption is the bane of the day, where would development come from?? In a situation where the money meant for development is continuously been stolen and citizens don't feel secured enough to be productive. For example people don't feel secured going to their farm lands or working late nights. Issues like these would drastically reduce any nations productivity.

We should just forget about development and progress. If there is any, it would be at snail pace.

66 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 12, 2023
He would first recover the money he spent on buying the mandate

136 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by padi94(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2023
He will first work on getting his money back, then later will have problem with shettima cos of ethnic sentiments.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by OneCandleAway(f): 12:27pm On May 12, 2023
padi94:
He will first work on getting his money back, then later will have problem with shettima cos of ethnic sentiments.

Shettima isn't calm like Jonathan or Osinbajo. I hope Tinubu really has a plan to rein him in.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Two02: 12:47pm On May 12, 2023
Sack Emefiele
Reverse The new naira policy

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by christejames(m): 12:47pm On May 12, 2023
I'm expecting nothing from him, if he eventually scale through the judicial hurdles, I have conditioned my mind for the worse...

There is nothing he would do different from Buhari other than opening our National treasury for his cohorts to feast on.

APC is evil 😈...

ObiDatti and the judiciary, please come to our rescue... 😒 😒 😒

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Krublog(m): 12:47pm On May 12, 2023
I expect that the court cases would be over at the tribunal and an appeal initiated.

I really do not think Tinubu has the strength and presence of mind for such a rigorous office like the one he's about being sworn into.

However, since he's been declared winner and the supposed losers are already in court seeking redress through legal means, I pray that the incoming does well in areas of security, social security, education, healthcare and infrastructure (most especially the power sector).

He should also take steps at cementing the cracks in our national fabric (since they say we are unbreakably United) through inclusiveness in politics and policies.

The incoming should also as a matter of fact call for dialogue with the various agitating bodies to ascertain their grievances with a view of meeting at a favourable ground for all. This must be done with all sense of sincerity and purpose.

Initiate the grounds for decentralization of government through the instrumentality of restructuring.

Ensuring the independence of the Legislative and judicial arm of government etc.

I would have love to input more but my conscience keeps asking me "Can justice be built on injustice"?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by treesun: 12:47pm On May 12, 2023
Ohislee:
The elections is come and gone and we have a president elect in Tinubu. A lot of Nigerians do not believe he his the right man to lead the nation forward while there are other group of people with a contrary opinions.

As a Nigerian, what are your expectations for Tinubu's first 6months in office?

I would go first!

In Tinubu's first 6months in office, I do not expect much difference from what we have experienced in Buhari's administration for a number if reasons.

1) 40% of his cabinet would likely be those already existing in Buhari's administration. These are the same set of people that have destroyed this nation in the last 8 years and are regrouping under the leadership of Tinubu. The lobbying is already going on.

2) Due to the elections, Tinubu have not been able to pay adequate attention to his health, thereby making him struggle health wise. After the inaugurations, I expect Tinubu to be in Nigeria max 2 weeks before he jets out to Europe for further treatment of his ailment. This might take 3 - 6months. Guess who will be handling the affairs of this nation? Kashim Shettima.

3) Islamic extremist like Shettima would not prioritize nation building, his number one agenda is the expansion of Islam. I foresee insecurity increasing.

4) Corruption: There would be an increase in corruption among those that are in the corridors of power like never before in Tinubu's administration. The fight against corruption would cease. Any attempt to fight it would be countered by blackmails. After all , they all know each others secret. Corruption can not fight corruption.

5) Development: In a nation where insecurity and corruption is the bane of the day, where would development come from?? In a situation where the money meant for development is continuously been stolen and citizens don't feel secured enough to be productive. For example people don't feel secured going to their farm lands or working late nights. Issues like these would drastically reduce any nations productivity.

We should just forget about development and progress. If there is any, it would be at snail pace.

Nothing, but break down of law and order, worse than what Lagos is experiencing!

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by BigDawsNet: 12:48pm On May 12, 2023
cool

Average monthly income 150k
Constant power
Instant probing political thieves
Bringing back foreign investors
Reducing inflation
Releasing new naira notes
Employing 50,000 into military/paramilitary

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by HydraFeeds(m): 12:48pm On May 12, 2023
Peace & background works .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Slurity(m): 12:48pm On May 12, 2023
I Expects inflation to still be double higher than what we currently have in the fist 6 month, but things to turn around positively well to the extent that even his haters now will testify to it. The only people that will not change or improve are the Obimumu that refuses to key into the project that God want to use Tinubu for. They will be left behind big time.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Justbeingreal(m): 12:48pm On May 12, 2023
STEADY TRAVELING..

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by ipobarecriminals: 12:48pm On May 12, 2023
cool Nig go BETTER BY FAR. Expect inflow of investors here and there. Those pipu selling Fake/substandard products be ready to close shops. He’ll hit the ground running

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by diplomat058(m): 12:48pm On May 12, 2023
To restructure the brains of ipob minions and achieve real foundation for real national development

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by taylor89(m): 12:48pm On May 12, 2023
Failure

With frequent medial trips coupled with constant quenching

What can you expect from a man who’s not sound and healthy

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by 2ndchildhood(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
The recruitment of 50 million youths into the military... To be fed with cassava and Agbado..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
I expect nothing good from the old Guinean drug criminal. If you quote me to say nonsense, the gods of Erhiemokwokwarien will strike your useless head to pieces!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Orathird: 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
Nothing more than Ajala. Tour the world in the name of working visit.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by YourNextLevel(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
To make MC Olumo the head of transportation

Lie Muhammad to retain his appointment

Make Fashola a French Ambassador because of his popularity, just to send him off

Make the daughter the Iyana Oja general for the whole markets

The son a contract to build another air port in Osun state

Remove toll at 2nd Niger bridge to please Igbos because of the presidential court case

Also release Eze Ndi Igbo in Lagos to please south easterners

Change the Judges

Cancel some non sense this present govt implemented

That's my take for now.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by NzogbuNzogbu: 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
So you Igbos have already accepted tinubu would rule in the foreseeable 6 months.

Anyway with the way he is going for health check-up i expect that to continue like buhari

I expect a president that would hardly be seen to give account on anything like buhari

I expect continuous media washing from his puppets online

I expect massive corruption

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by mmsen: 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
More properties to be purchased in London on his behalf.

More unnecessary trips to the UK.

More insecurity.

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Honourable1901(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
All this things will not make some people eat this afternoon cry kiss,

But OP sef na ozuor,

Asiwaju na talk and do , I don't really expect so much , just improvement in our GDP , and policy implementation by good hands... Nothing more

79 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by theophorus(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
1. Remove Petrol (PMS) Subsidy.
2. Dollar falls lower than NGN300
3. Bag of Rice becomes less than 15k
4. Massive Recruitment across parastatals
5. Increase IGR
6. Increase Export of non Petroleum products.
7. Reduction Japa desire.
8. Massive Infrastructural development
9. Increase Power Generation (As state starts their own independent things).
10. LG Autonomy
11. Restructure Nigeria
12. End of Kidnapping and Banditry.
Etc...

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by amnesty7: 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
A strong team to help him give the country a positive direction.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by raumdeuter: 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
I expect intensive wailing from losers of the last election and jeers and taunts from the winners

The losers will continue to wail endlessly and blame everything that has been happening since independence on Tinubu but he won't pay them any attention

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by ImpregnaTor(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
You can't get disappointed when you expect nothing.

Thank me later cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Nicenixon: 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
Please, do not expect anything and expect anything.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by gammarays1: 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
You can't plant a mango tree and harvest Pawpaw neither can a 🐐 give birth to a lion 🦁.

Since the man told us boldly that He is the father of APC, installed Buhari and will continue where He stopped, we expect retrogression.

Buhari smartly left the increment of petrol price. That alone will give you an insight.

We expect the problems in this country to escalate to greater heights.
Higher level of impunity, breakdown of law and order, corruption, poverty and so on.

Buhari spend the most time abroad either for visits or health issues and the Papa selected to take over is showing signs of breaking that record.

My best advice to everyone is to make enough money for himself and family and move to saner climes if possible.

We'll see people who voted for their slave masters complain as usual. They're irredeemable!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by JaySmart4422: 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
Start to finish I expect nothing
My expectation is from God not human being that will certainly fail

Buhari is a leaving proof

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2023
To revive the economy of the nation,by finding ways to tackle the inflation rate, attract more foreign investment by putting in place, investor friendly policies.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Praktikals1000: 12:50pm On May 12, 2023
According to the bible, those who dont wish their country well cannot prosper.

79 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Remi Tinubu Saved Me From Media Blackmail - Adeleke / Ogun State Governors Till Date / PDP Legal Adviser In Sokoto, Others Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.