Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? (15984 Views)

Pictures From President Bola Tinubu First Security Meeting With Service Chiefs / Hon. Erele Elebute-Halle Hosts Folashade Tinubu, First Daughter Of Nigeria / Tinubu: First Lady, Aisha Buhari, Shows Off Her Jagaban Logo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Isobug: 12:50pm On May 12, 2023
This MOD sef.... I'm Obi supporter but a thread like this shouldn't get to front page. It should end in politics section. The expectations of the OP are too biased and negative though I don't also expect more from Tinubu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by aspabay(m): 12:50pm On May 12, 2023
Ohislee:

[s] The elections is come and gone and we have a president elect in Tinubu. A lot of Nigerians do not believe he his the right man to lead the nation forward while there are other group of people with a contrary opinions. [/s]

As a Nigerian, what are your expectations for Tinubu's first 6months in office?[/s]

[s]I would go first!

In Tinubu's first 6months in office, I do not expect much difference from what we have experienced in Buhari's administration for a number if reasons.[/s]

[s]1) 40% of his cabinet would likely be those already existing in Buhari's administration. These are the same set of people that have destroyed this nation in the last 8 years and are regrouping under the leadership of Tinubu. The lobbying is already going on.

2) Due to the elections, Tinubu have not been able to pay adequate attention to his health, thereby making him struggle health wise. After the inaugurations, I expect Tinubu to be in Nigeria max 2 weeks before he jets out to Europe for further treatment of his ailment. This might take 3 - 6months. Guess who will be handling the affairs of this nation? Kashim Shettima.

3) Islamic extremist like Shettima would not prioritize nation building, his number one agenda is the expansion of Islam. I foresee insecurity increasing.

4) Corruption: There would be an increase in corruption among those that are in the corridors of power like never before in Tinubu's administration. The fight against corruption would cease. Any attempt to fight it would be countered by blackmails. After all , they all know each others secret. Corruption can not fight corruption.

5) Development: In a nation where insecurity and corruption is the bane of the day, where would development come from?? In a situation where the money meant for development is continuously been stolen and citizens don't feel secured enough to be productive. For example people don't feel secured going to their farm lands or working late nights. Issues like these would drastically reduce any nations productivity.

We should just forget about development and progress. If there is any, it would be at snail pace.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Ofunaofu: 12:51pm On May 12, 2023
tinubu got nothing to offer

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Godplan123(m): 12:51pm On May 12, 2023
Well I see massive change in term of trade within Nigeria because we are going to provide most of our daily comsuption within every region of the state doing there business and minding there business in unity and peace inshallah πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ–€πŸ€πŸŒ„ amen πŸ™
#Unity
#Nototradewar
#8πŸ¦‡πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ’―

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by oxygeng: 12:51pm On May 12, 2023
where is he? He may not make it out of his sick bed this time, the voice of the people is the vioce of God
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by MrDoGood(m): 12:51pm On May 12, 2023
He should enter first.

I'm not expecting anything. Don't ever trust a politician

None is honest.

Some are less evil than others

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by amnesty7: 12:51pm On May 12, 2023
raumdeuter:
I expect intensive wailing from losers of the last election and jeers and taunts from the winners

The losers will continue to wail endlessly and blame everything that has been happening since independence on Tinubu but he won't pay them any attention
God has really saved us from some 'Yes Daddy' dudes
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by jerryforgood: 12:52pm On May 12, 2023
From the vision I saw, he will d** before May 29 swearing in.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by FireUpNow(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2023
Agberos, omoniles and touts to increase their activities

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by jaxxy(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2023
I can't discuss about an imaginary government
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:52pm On May 12, 2023
You get whatever you wish for in the land.
Everything you want for the next 6 months in your life, you will get it in multiple folds.
So shall it be.
We Rise.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by KonTagiousBull: 12:52pm On May 12, 2023
Ohislee:
The elections is come and gone and we have a president elect in Tinubu. A lot of Nigerians do not believe he his the right man to lead the nation forward while there are other group of people with a contrary opinions.

As a Nigerian, what are your expectations for Tinubu's first 6months in office?

I would go first!

In Tinubu's first 6months in office, I do not expect much difference from what we have experienced in Buhari's administration for a number if reasons.

1) 40% of his cabinet would likely be those already existing in Buhari's administration. These are the same set of people that have destroyed this nation in the last 8 years and are regrouping under the leadership of Tinubu. The lobbying is already going on.

2) Due to the elections, Tinubu have not been able to pay adequate attention to his health, thereby making him struggle health wise. After the inaugurations, I expect Tinubu to be in Nigeria max 2 weeks before he jets out to Europe for further treatment of his ailment. This might take 3 - 6months. Guess who will be handling the affairs of this nation? Kashim Shettima.

3) Islamic extremist like Shettima would not prioritize nation building, his number one agenda is the expansion of Islam. I foresee insecurity increasing.

4) Corruption: There would be an increase in corruption among those that are in the corridors of power like never before in Tinubu's administration. The fight against corruption would cease. Any attempt to fight it would be countered by blackmails. After all , they all know each others secret. Corruption can not fight corruption.

5) Development: In a nation where insecurity and corruption is the bane of the day, where would development come from?? In a situation where the money meant for development is continuously been stolen and citizens don't feel secured enough to be productive. For example people don't feel secured going to their farm lands or working late nights. Issues like these would drastically reduce any nations productivity.

We should just forget about development and progress. If there is any, it would be at snail pace.

which first 6 months?
For where?
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by happney65: 12:52pm On May 12, 2023
Total shutdown of social media or even regulation like the China version
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by daygee12: 12:53pm On May 12, 2023
christejames:
I'm expecting nothing from him, if he eventually scale through the judicial hurdles, I have conditioned my mind for the worse...

There is nothing he would do different from Buhari other than opening our National treasury for his cohorts to feast one.

You mean the mandate that's sleeping in court

APC is evil 😈...

ObiDatti and the judiciary, please come to our rescue... 😒 😒 😒
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Isobug: 12:53pm On May 12, 2023
oxygeng:
where is he? He may not make it out of his sick bed this time, the voice of the people is the vioce of God
Hmm... Too harsh
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by eepeepook: 12:54pm On May 12, 2023
It will be a continuation of how he ruled Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Bringbackmandat: 12:54pm On May 12, 2023
I expect him to visit the hospital 6 times.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by oxygeng: 12:55pm On May 12, 2023
Isobug:

Hmm... Too harsh
Alright Apologis

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by hustla(m): 12:55pm On May 12, 2023
Nothing
Nigeria can't be fixed unless we tell ourselves the truth

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Hotwest: 12:55pm On May 12, 2023
Money laundering. Recovery months then appointments of known criminals in public offices not forgetting constant medical checkups

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by vicfajeze: 12:55pm On May 12, 2023
CondenseMilk:
He would first recover the money he spent on buying the mandate
No, he's gonna kill all OBIDIENTS
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by WorldRichest: 12:56pm On May 12, 2023
Only the best
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Angelfrost(m): 12:56pm On May 12, 2023
None whatsoever...!

I never expect anything from Nigerians and their leaders... That's one of the secrets of my good health! lipsrsealed

However, Tinubu has a lot to do in order to win over majority of Nigerians, and make them finally believe that he actually won that election!

The first is to clean up the petroleum and power sectors within one year in office...!

Next is to actually get EFCC and DSS working, not chasing shadows like lowlifes which they've been doing since Buhari came into office!

It will also be interesting to see how he manages the fuel subsidy removal along with its fallout!

National debt resolution can't be achieved in 6 months to a year except a miracle happens... But he should be able to start the process of sanitizing the debt situation of this already bankrupt nation!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by oxygeng: 12:56pm On May 12, 2023
E4r467g:

Stop saying shΓ—Γ—t people like you are the most wicked once with no sympathy
No be quarrel now, na just protest.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by WorldRichest: 12:56pm On May 12, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Shettima isn't calm like Jonathan or Osinbajo. I hope Tinubu really has a plan to rein him in.

In his history, who has Emilokan Tinubu not reined in? Even his two deputies that went to recruit the Afenifere elders, Tinubu rubbished them all. Shettima will either bow for his Oga, or Tinubu will render him useless, if he still continues to misbehave, Tinubu will find a well-loved Northerner like Kwankwaso or El-Rufai or Professor Zulum and use him to replace Shettima. It's going to be very tough to do that, but Tinubu's brain works more in tough situations, that's why he has won all the battles and the wars. Go and read the history of his grandmother Madam Efunroloye Tinubu, she was the first to fight the whitemen over control of Lagos.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by omoadeleye(m): 12:57pm On May 12, 2023
Haha. Na stvpid people full this thread, most especially the OP is one dvmb person.

What made you type all these rubbish?
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by oxygeng: 12:57pm On May 12, 2023
He will revamp the WHITE POWDER industry.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by ClearFlair: 12:58pm On May 12, 2023
Which office?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Army Intensify Clearance Operation,Kill Terrorists,Arrest Boko Haram Food Keeper / Buhari Must Include APC Members In Looters’ List To Be Published – Shehu Sani / Mark Edaile: Family Of Policeman Killed By Soldiers Demands Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.