Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? (15986 Views)

Pictures From President Bola Tinubu First Security Meeting With Service Chiefs / Hon. Erele Elebute-Halle Hosts Folashade Tinubu, First Daughter Of Nigeria / Tinubu: First Lady, Aisha Buhari, Shows Off Her Jagaban Logo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by BigDawsNet: 2:37pm On May 12, 2023
Badguy77:

Imagination no go kill you

This one no be Imagination...
Na just basic amenities...

Doing this things no be rocket science.. na we the citizens just dey mumu and dey give dem space to ride us like donkey

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Ohislee(m): 2:39pm On May 12, 2023
Praktikals1000:
According to the bible, those who dont wish their country well cannot prosper.

Did anybody wish for Buhari's maladministration?? We have enough experience to know what to expect.

Guy, go and prepare, winter is coming.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Uniquekriss(m): 2:42pm On May 12, 2023
He won't be President. Just wait and see...
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Ransomtheking(m): 2:43pm On May 12, 2023
TheDarkHorse:

The Multiverse Is Real ... Confirmed
😅😎👍
Marvel fan spotted cheesy
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 12, 2023
Ransomtheking:

Marvel fan spotted cheesy

Oh yea😊👍

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by fitinwell: 2:51pm On May 12, 2023
Ohislee:
The elections is come and gone and we have a president elect in Tinubu. A lot of Nigerians do not believe he his the right man to lead the nation forward while there are other group of people with a contrary opinions.

As a Nigerian, what are your expectations for Tinubu's first 6months in office?

I would go first!

In Tinubu's first 6months in office, I do not expect much difference from what we have experienced in Buhari's administration for a number if reasons.

1) 40% of his cabinet would likely be those already existing in Buhari's administration. These are the same set of people that have destroyed this nation in the last 8 years and are regrouping under the leadership of Tinubu. The lobbying is already going on.

2) Due to the elections, Tinubu have not been able to pay adequate attention to his health, thereby making him struggle health wise. After the inaugurations, I expect Tinubu to be in Nigeria max 2 weeks before he jets out to Europe for further treatment of his ailment. This might take 3 - 6months. Guess who will be handling the affairs of this nation? Kashim Shettima.

3) Islamic extremist like Shettima would not prioritize nation building, his number one agenda is the expansion of Islam. I foresee insecurity increasing.

4) Corruption: There would be an increase in corruption among those that are in the corridors of power like never before in Tinubu's administration. The fight against corruption would cease. Any attempt to fight it would be countered by blackmails. After all , they all know each others secret. Corruption can not fight corruption.

5) Development: In a nation where insecurity and corruption is the bane of the day, where would development come from?? In a situation where the money meant for development is continuously been stolen and citizens don't feel secured enough to be productive. For example people don't feel secured going to their farm lands or working late nights. Issues like these would drastically reduce any nations productivity.

We should just forget about development and progress. If there is any, it would be at snail pace.

Expectations; To Return Nigerians Stolen Mandate
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Ransomtheking(m): 2:54pm On May 12, 2023
In tinubu's voice
"They will be no social media anymore". cheesy grin grin
Recruit 50 million youths into the army
Okays state policing
Might restructure
Remove subsidy
Reopen bothers
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by OChimex: 2:55pm On May 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:

See how Nigeria leaders had made you guys think this things are impossible...

In the west... this are just basic amenities...

I pray things get better in Nigeria

How e be possible for your eyes? You don see am before happen?
Your four fathers no see am too. Maybe na your four generation of kids go see am.
As for now, e no sure.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by OChimex: 2:57pm On May 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:

See how Nigeria leaders had made you guys think this things are impossible...

In the west... this are just basic amenities...

I pray things get better in Nigeria

Lastly, it’s not a matter of prayer na pure work ooo. Even Bible said, faith without work is dead.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Wasn't his turn...

That's why he now later said... Emi lo kan which means "Now its ma turn"

Thats nonsense. So because it wasnt his turn we suffered unbearable hardship under buhari. Nigeria is cursed
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Morphinne: 3:05pm On May 12, 2023
christejames:
I'm expecting nothing from him, if he eventually scale through the judicial hurdles, I have conditioned my mind for the worse..
….and so shall it be for you. Ase!!
May the gods of the land answer this your prayer.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Ganbite: 3:07pm On May 12, 2023
[b]
Ohislee:
The elections is come and gone and we have a president elect in Tinubu. A lot of Nigerians do not believe he his the right man to lead the nation forward while there are other group of people with a contrary opinions.

I would go first!

In Tinubu's first 6months in office, I do not expect much difference from what we have experienced in Buhari's administration for a number if reasons.

1) 40% of his cabinet would likely be those already existing in Buhari's administration. These are the same set of people that have destroyed this nation in the last 8 years and are regrouping under the leadership of Tinubu. The lobbying is already going on.

2) Due to the elections, Tinubu have not been able to pay adequate attention to his health, thereby making him struggle health wise. After the inaugurations, I expect Tinubu to be in Nigeria max 2 weeks before he jets out to Europe for further treatment of his ailment. This might take 3 - 6months. Guess who will be handling the affairs of this nation? Kashim Shettima.

3) Islamic extremist like Shettima would not prioritize nation building, his number one agenda is the expansion of Islam. I foresee insecurity increasing.

4) Corruption: There would be an increase in corruption among those that are in the corridors of power like never before in Tinubu's administration. The fight against corruption would cease. Any attempt to fight it would be countered by blackmails. After all , they all know each others secret. Corruption can not fight corruption.

5) Development: In a nation where insecurity and corruption is the bane of the day, where would development come from?? In a situation where the money meant for development is continuously been stolen and citizens don't feel secured enough to be productive. For example people don't feel secured going to their farm lands or working late nights. Issues like these would drastically reduce any nations productivity.

We should just forget about development and progress. If there is any, it would be at snail pace.

[/b]

May the Almighty God never allow such to happen IJN
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Babysho(m): 3:15pm On May 12, 2023
Ohislee:

I would go first!

One chilled bottle of Heineken for the way you dissected the deja vu we will be witnessing with Buhari pro max.

You forgot to add that Nigeria will be witnessing even worse election malpractices in 2027.

We also will have more slurred speeches that will turn to memes online. A presidential joke.

We’ve reached the wicked final boss(Tinubu)and if we no defeat am, the game go dey stuck there for life.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Blackman7: 3:20pm On May 12, 2023
Hell
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Babysho(m): 3:22pm On May 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:
cool

Average monthly income 150k
Constant power
Instant probing political thieves
Bringing back foreign investors
Reducing inflation
Releasing new naira notes
Employing 50,000 into military/paramilitary

How can a political thief probe another political thief?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Odibembem: 3:25pm On May 12, 2023
Ohislee:

I would go first!

Once he is sworn in, expect the following

Announcement of a chief is staff and personal aides mainly from Lagos. An SGF from the Christian North Central but the Lagos cabal would be well placed to run things in d kitchen cabinet henceforth

Rejig of the security apparatus, southern or Yoruba IG of Police, new head of Customs and Immigration plus chief of army staff from christian middle belt with adequate compensation for core northerners. South East still left out

Sack Emiefele as CBN gov and replaced with a brilliant economist from the north

Appoint his ministers with d minister of Information and Attorney General mandated to sanitize broadcasting and social media. The likes of Arise news would have their license suspended while social media terrorists would be prosecuted according to the law and many of them sent to jail

Trial of Nnamdi Kanu concluded and he is found guilty and sentenced to death by firing squard. The president would exercise his perogative of mercy and commute the death sentence to life imprisonment. Kanu is henceforth sent to Yola prisons to serve his rest of his life there with hard labour

All the refineries are sold off through competitive bidding with players like Oando buying at least one of them. Dangote refinery also starts operation and the FG finally have the courage to remove subsidy. FG encourages and support states to buy buses for mass transit to cushion the effect but only states with existing transport infrastructure like Lagos State would see benefits from d scheme. States like Anambra and Delta with terrible inner city roads and zero mass transit specializing in Keke napep and wheel barrows as means of transport would feel d brunt of the pains of d subsidy removal as PMS prices would initially shoot to N500 but then moderate to N300 over time

The govt embarks on mass recruitment into d military and police with a target of additional 250k military and 500k policemen. In d same vein d executive sends a bill for state police to d NASS with adequate buy in from all critical stake holders

The FG embarks on civil service reforms in line with d Oronsaye report and cuts d size of d civil service by 50% and introduce technology to every aspect of govt revenue minimizing human contact and interaction

Govt rolls out new set of corporate tax methodology that encourages self assessment. Alpha Beta consultants come in and in d first year increases FG taxes by 120%

Govt settles out of court with Rivers and Lagos states on VAT with agreement that FIRS continues to do the collection while derivation principle of 65% is applied with FG share of 25% while 10% goes to a distributable pool

FG hands over all inner city federal roads to their various states with freedom to toll

FG sets up an infrastructure bond to revamp the infrastructure architecture of Nigeria

Political nissance are tried according to law and those found guilty are sent to prison with hard labour to work in farms to be set up by govt in collaboration with various states
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Babysho(m): 3:26pm On May 12, 2023
Honourable1901:
All this things will not make some people eat this afternoon cry kiss,

But OP sef na ozuor,

Asiwaju na talk and do , I don't really expect so much , just improvement in our GDP , and policy implementation by good hands... Nothing more

Tell me 3 things Tinubu said he will do
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 12, 2023
theophorus:
1. Remove Petrol (PMS) Subsidy.
2. Dollar falls lower than NGN300
3. Bag of Rice becomes less than 15k
4. Massive Recruitment across parastatals
5. Increase IGR
6. Increase Export of non Petroleum products.
7. Reduction Japa desire.
8. Massive Infrastructural development
9. Increase Power Generation (As state starts their own independent things).
10. LG Autonomy
11. Restructure Nigeria
12. End of Kidnapping and Banditry.
Etc...

I expect shetima to take over within the 6months
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by misano(m): 3:32pm On May 12, 2023
theophorus:
1. Remove Petrol (PMS) Subsidy.
2. Dollar falls lower than NGN300
3. Bag of Rice becomes less than 15k
4. Massive Recruitment across parastatals
5. Increase IGR
6. Increase Export of non Petroleum products.
7. Reduction Japa desire.
8. Massive Infrastructural development
9. Increase Power Generation (As state starts their own independent things).
10. LG Autonomy
11. Restructure Nigeria
12. End of Kidnapping and Banditry.
Etc...

LET ME COUNTER UR POINTS

1. Yes I agree
2. Tinubu already says he is not Interested because Nigerians don't use dollar.
3. If U remove subsidy, bag of rice can never reduce. Price of things will rather go up.
4. Investments by foreigners have been reducing caused by unpredictable market, that will not change because investors don't know what to expect.
5. That's the business for the states, U can't force the governors to increase IGR.
6. WE ARE NOT PRODUCING ENOUGH TO FEED OURSELVES AND YOU WANT TO START EXPORTING IM 6 MONTHS. LOL
7. Tinubu has already Japa
8. Too many corrupt officials in the corridors of power, they will be money for the projects but there will be nothing on ground.
9. That's for the states to handle
10. LG Anatomy is something I can't say for now.
11. Shettima said "restructure my foot"
12. The only that will stop kidnappers and bandits is a restructured Nigeria, Shettima is not in support. Another way is currency swap and withdrawal limits, Nigerians don't want that.

Bottom line, Tinubu will just be another failed leader.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Ohislee(m): 3:33pm On May 12, 2023
Odibembem:

Announcement of a chief is staff and personal aides mainly from Lagos. An SGF from the Christian North Central but the Lagos cabal would be well placed to run things in d kitchen cabinet henceforth

Rejig of the security apparatus, southern or Yoruba IG of Police, new head of Customs and Immigration plus chief of army staff from christian middle belt with adequate compensation for core northerners. South East still left out

Appoint his ministers with d minister of Information and Attorney General mandated to sanitize broadcasting and social media. The likes of Arise news would have their license suspended while social media terrorists would be prosecuted according to the law and many of them sent to jail

Trial of Nnamdi Kanu concluded and he is found guilty and sentenced to death by firing squard. The president would exercise his perogative of mercy and commute the death sentence to life imprisonment. Kanu is henceforth sent to Yola prisons to serve his rest of his life there with hard labour

All the refineries are sold off through competitive bidding with players like Oando buying at least one of them. Dangote refinery also starts operation and the FG finally have the courage to remove subsidy. FG encourages and support states to buy buses for mass transit to cushion the effect but only states with existing transport infrastructure like Lagos State would see benefits from d scheme. States like Anambra and Delta with terrible inner city roads and zero mass transit specializing in Keke napep and wheel barrows as means of transport would feel d brunt of the pains of d subsidy removal as PMS prices would initially shoot to N500 but then moderate to N300 over time

The govt embarks on mass recruitment into d military and police with a target of additional 250k military and 500k policemen. In d same vein d executive sends a bill for state police to d NASS with adequate buy in from all critical stake holders

The FG embarks on civil service reforms in line with d Oronsaye report and cuts d size of d civil service by 50% and introduce technology to every aspect of govt revenue minimizing human contact and interaction

Govt rolls out new set of corporate tax methodology that encourages self assessment. Alpha Beta consultants come in and in d first year increases FG taxes by 120%

Govt settles out of court with Rivers and Lagos states on VAT with agreement that FIRS continues to do the collection while derivation principle of 65% is applied with FG share of 25% while 10% goes to a distributable pool

FG hands over all inner city federal roads to their various states with freedom to toll

FG sets up an infrastructure bond to revamp the infrastructure architecture of Nigeria

Political nissance are tried according to law and those found guilty are sent to prison with hard labour to work in farms to be set up by govt in collaboration with various states

Good!

1)However, what happens to insecurity and corruption.

2) The people that would champion this processes, how they be monitored?? Are there specific KPI's? Would they be replaced when they don't meet expectations?

It is not about too much talk and no actions.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Babysho(m): 3:34pm On May 12, 2023
Angelfrost:
None whatsoever...!

I never expect anything from Nigerians and their leaders... That's one of the secrets of my good health! lipsrsealed

However, Tinubu has a lot to do in order to win over majority of Nigerians, and make them finally believe that he actually won that election!

The first is to clean up the petroleum and power sectors within one year in office...!

Next is to actually get EFCC and DSS working, not chasing shadows like lowlifes which they've been doing since Buhari came into office!

It will also be interesting to see how he manages the fuel subsidy removal along with its fallout!

National debt resolution can't be achieved in 6 months to a year except a miracle happens... But he should be able to start the process of sanitizing the debt situation of this already bankrupt nation!

If Tinubu makes EFCC work, even Tinubu will find himself and his urine bag behind bars. Politicians weaken all these parastatals on purpose so they can exploit them as they wish.

And quit calling them leaders, they’re mere politicians/businessmen/criminals.

If you see leader, to look am for eye go hard you. The name alone will give you goosebumps. Sankara! Mandela! Guevara!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Damoon77(m): 3:36pm On May 12, 2023
He's definitely going to recover all he has spent on campaigns, Donations, Thuggery, manipulation, unnecessary tours, propaganda and Bribery..
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by CodeTemplar: 3:39pm On May 12, 2023
The era of money politics is back with Tinubu. His choices will be unsellable to the elites and I see him buying those he can buy over or persecuting them just like under OBJ.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Bigcowhorn: 3:41pm On May 12, 2023
johnjose68:

Okay daddy.

Relocate to Sudan, let's know how many of us sane and optimistic Nigerians remain.

Shut that Gutter!
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by chima47(m): 3:44pm On May 12, 2023
It's complete waste for time to expect anything from Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by misano(m): 3:46pm On May 12, 2023
Odibembem:

Cut FG jobs and face Labour Union.

Block social media and conversational media then the world will call ur beloved Tinubu a military dictator, then people will start to say "Buhari was better than Tinubu".
Appointing majorly from SW will make the NC left out, then it will be clear the country is divided.

Life sentence for Kanu will attract anger in the SE, that's not my business. But they will hate Tinubu more.

Refineries can't be sold when Dangote is there. Never, forget it, Dangote and his boys will kill the idea.

Recruiting more police will not fight insecurity it's restructuring that will do it.

WITH ACTIONS OF TINUBU, THE COUNTRY WILL ALREADY BE WISHING BUHARI BACK TO POWER.

NIGERIA IS VERY COMPLICATED. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE TINUBU IS BAD, NO.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by jayAjoku(m): 3:46pm On May 12, 2023
TheDarkHorse:

Ọmọ, na pure you yarn oo, ah swear🙄🙄
If dis judiciary get brain, make dem comot these men before bokoharam go full everywhere oo
I swear the guy is too old to last
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:47pm On May 12, 2023
Ohislee:

I would go first!

Agbero to take over every Nigeria street, Tinubu dies, then bokoharam takeover, if you don't expect these I've said, then you should run out of Nigeria. Na question you ask oh
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Damoon77(m): 3:48pm On May 12, 2023
It takes a selfless man who doesn't only think about himself & hisfam but equally think about his people by and large to take Nigeria my country to her promise land
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 12, 2023
jayAjoku:
I swear the guy is too old to last

I actually said this same thing sometime past, last month or there about but i was totally misunderstood and was told that i wish BAT death on his seating.. I laid emphasis on his VP and the fact that at BAT's demise, a terrorist will preside over the country's dealings for at least 11 years and this won't be good..

Glad to see someone seeing what i've seen..
I pray that all their evil plans are all voided..

AMEN.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Subsidy Removal: Food Will Be Very Expensive, Say Farmers / OPC Condemns Killing Of DSS Operatives By Pipeline Vandals / Danbaba Suntai Pilot Not Certified To Fly Aircraft – AIB Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.