Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? (15985 Views)

Pictures From President Bola Tinubu First Security Meeting With Service Chiefs / Hon. Erele Elebute-Halle Hosts Folashade Tinubu, First Daughter Of Nigeria / Tinubu: First Lady, Aisha Buhari, Shows Off Her Jagaban Logo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by spiritedtete: 12:58pm On May 12, 2023
All I know is that his administration will bring lots of realness... he will be one of Nigeria's best president ever.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by 2O17: 12:59pm On May 12, 2023
Remote Presidency
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Raregem9000(m): 12:59pm On May 12, 2023
The land borders should be open as that would make foods more cheaper for all and sundry. Take for instance, a bag of rice before the closure of the land border sold for about 13k thereabout but now #29,300 as at yesterday. A kilo of turkey was about #1200 but now sold for #2500. Chicken was about 1100 before but now 2400. Abeg shey na like this we go dey dey?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by dododawa1: 12:59pm On May 12, 2023
To reduce INTER TRANSPORT fare and FOOD PRICE.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by okorogodwin4(m): 1:01pm On May 12, 2023
I expect the price of kokane and hiroin to fall

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by riverbird: 1:01pm On May 12, 2023
Six months that he's not sure of yet, am not expecting anything from a thief other than to steal more grin

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by gammarays1: 1:01pm On May 12, 2023
Praktikals1000:
According to the bible, those who dont wish their country well cannot prosper.
In the same Bible, People who support evil will receive judgement.

Same Bible also said when the evil men are in power, the people suffers.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by BRIMBRAM: 1:01pm On May 12, 2023
Ohislee:
The elections is come and gone and we have a president elect in Tinubu. A lot of Nigerians do not believe he his the right man to lead the nation forward while there are other group of people with a contrary opinions.

As a Nigerian, what are your expectations for Tinubu's first 6months in office?

I would go first!

In Tinubu's first 6months in office, I do not expect much difference from what we have experienced in Buhari's administration for a number if reasons.

1) 40% of his cabinet would likely be those already existing in Buhari's administration. These are the same set of people that have destroyed this nation in the last 8 years and are regrouping under the leadership of Tinubu. The lobbying is already going on.

2) Due to the elections, Tinubu have not been able to pay adequate attention to his health, thereby making him struggle health wise. After the inaugurations, I expect Tinubu to be in Nigeria max 2 weeks before he jets out to Europe for further treatment of his ailment. This might take 3 - 6months. Guess who will be handling the affairs of this nation? Kashim Shettima.

3) Islamic extremist like Shettima would not prioritize nation building, his number one agenda is the expansion of Islam. I foresee insecurity increasing.

4) Corruption: There would be an increase in corruption among those that are in the corridors of power like never before in Tinubu's administration. The fight against corruption would cease. Any attempt to fight it would be countered by blackmails. After all , they all know each others secret. Corruption can not fight corruption.

5) Development: In a nation where insecurity and corruption is the bane of the day, where would development come from?? In a situation where the money meant for development is continuously been stolen and citizens don't feel secured enough to be productive. For example people don't feel secured going to their farm lands or working late nights. Issues like these would drastically reduce any nations productivity.

We should just forget about development and progress. If there is any, it would be at snail pace.

As e dey pain dem e dey sweet us, as e dey sweet us, e dey pain dem. Mark my words. Tinubu's government will be very successful. But you, you, you go cry taya. grin
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by WorldRichest: 1:01pm On May 12, 2023
oxygeng:
He will revamp the WHITE POWDER industry.

Yes, so that business will boom for your brothers who are in the trade
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by casualobserver: 1:01pm On May 12, 2023
I expect a lot of power outages caused by Obidients hugging transformers up and down the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:02pm On May 12, 2023
Expect better economy.
Open borders,
Release Kanu.
Using naira cards to buy goods from abroad.
Remove petrol subsidies.
Introduce new taxes.
Responsible government.
Salary increase.
Good public education.
Expect Yankee kinda life.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by ZombiePUNISHER: 1:02pm On May 12, 2023
raumdeuter:
I expect intensive wailing from losers of the last election and jeers and taunts from the winners

The losers will continue to wail endlessly and blame everything that has been happening since independence on Tinubu but he won't pay them any attention

And we the winners will be paid 100k minimum wage, subsidized power and health insurance,

We will be given allowances for winning

olodo poor man

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by olisaokere(m): 1:03pm On May 12, 2023
Ohislee:
The elections is come and gone and we have a president elect in Tinubu. A lot of Nigerians do not believe he his the right man to lead the nation forward while there are other group of people with a contrary opinions.

As a Nigerian, what are your expectations for Tinubu's first 6months in office?

I would go first!

In Tinubu's first 6months in office, I do not expect much difference from what we have experienced in Buhari's administration for a number if reasons.

1) 40% of his cabinet would likely be those already existing in Buhari's administration. These are the same set of people that have destroyed this nation in the last 8 years and are regrouping under the leadership of Tinubu. The lobbying is already going on.

2) Due to the elections, Tinubu have not been able to pay adequate attention to his health, thereby making him struggle health wise. After the inaugurations, I expect Tinubu to be in Nigeria max 2 weeks before he jets out to Europe for further treatment of his ailment. This might take 3 - 6months. Guess who will be handling the affairs of this nation? Kashim Shettima.

3) Islamic extremist like Shettima would not prioritize nation building, his number one agenda is the expansion of Islam. I foresee insecurity increasing.

4) Corruption: There would be an increase in corruption among those that are in the corridors of power like never before in Tinubu's administration. The fight against corruption would cease. Any attempt to fight it would be countered by blackmails. After all , they all know each others secret. Corruption can not fight corruption.

5) Development: In a nation where insecurity and corruption is the bane of the day, where would development come from?? In a situation where the money meant for development is continuously been stolen and citizens don't feel secured enough to be productive. For example people don't feel secured going to their farm lands or working late nights. Issues like these would drastically reduce any nations productivity.

We should just forget about development and progress. If there is any, it would be at snail pace.

He will hit the ground running
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Angelfrost(m): 1:03pm On May 12, 2023
CondenseMilk:
He would first recover the money he spent on buying the mandate

You underestimate the stretch of that man's wealth, my good man! grin

That man can effortlessly settle half of this Nation's debt without losing sleep! No jokes!

Maybe you don't know what it means to pocket Billions of Lagos income every month for almost 2 decades!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Badguy77(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:
cool

Average monthly income 150k
Constant power
Instant probing political thieves
Bringing back foreign investors
Reducing inflation
Releasing new naira notes
Employing 50,000 into military/paramilitary
Imagination no go kill you

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Igboslayer: 1:05pm On May 12, 2023
Allow Biafra to have their own country and if possible pay them to leave Nigeria! The hateful negativity and bad mouthing is way too much to continue to keep them.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Badguy77(m): 1:06pm On May 12, 2023
My own be say make him no go do mistake insult Russia make dem no send missile...
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 12, 2023
theophorus:
1. Remove Petrol (PMS) Subsidy.
2. Dollar falls lower than NGN300
3. Bag of Rice becomes less than 15k
4. Massive Recruitment across parastatals
5. Increase IGR
6. Increase Export of non Petroleum products.
7. Reduction Japa desire.
8. Massive Infrastructural development
9. Increase Power Generation (As state starts their own independent things).
10. LG Autonomy
11. Restructure Nigeria
12. End of Kidnapping and Banditry.
Etc...

Your comment should be in the jokes section

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Angelfrost(m): 1:07pm On May 12, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Shettima isn't calm like Jonathan or Osinbajo. I hope Tinubu really has a plan to rein him in.

The only plan is to hand over to him when he is done with Aso Rock...!

Shettima is the next president of Nigeria whether within Tinubu's 8 years (like Jonathan and Yar'adua) or after!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by adefitim(m): 1:07pm On May 12, 2023
Pessimists full here like sand
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 12, 2023
angry what else than for it to be worse than Buhari's 4-8 years in Office.. aaahhhhhhhh🙄
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Mistermamus(m): 1:09pm On May 12, 2023
He has NOTHING to offer let stop decieving ourselves expecting something from his government. Dude is sick n he will be worse than buhari x6

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Dybala85(m): 1:10pm On May 12, 2023
Expectations?? Maybe his death before the inauguration 🙂
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 12, 2023
BigDawsNet:
cool

Average monthly income 150k
Constant power
Instant probing political thieves
Bringing back foreign investors
Reducing inflation
Releasing new naira notes
Employing 50,000 into military/paramilitary

With that, i believe he'll start probing himself🙄

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by JoeEeL(m): 1:11pm On May 12, 2023
I remember a similar thread like this about Buhari's first 6 months and what are the expectations? cheesy

I remember he took a long time even putting his cabinet together. I remember some people saying then that the president is taking his time meticulously.

That was around January of 2016. That was when I first experienced the first serious effect of inflation. Red oil wey we dey buy usually 200 naira jumped to 400 naira.

Ever since then, the cowntry lost all shape and form.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 12, 2023
olisaokere:

He will hit the ground running

Someone that wike had to help push inside bus? tongue
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Mistermamus(m): 1:12pm On May 12, 2023
theophorus:
5. Increase IGR
10. LG Autonomy

11. Restructure Nigeria
Etc...

Don't come here n cry when he starts fucking up like buhari or even worse in 2025 if u do, na thunder go fire you
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by GeneralPula: 1:14pm On May 12, 2023
theophorus:
5. Increase IGR
10. LG Autonomy
11. Restructure Nigeria
Etc...
How do you think bag of rice can become less than 15k?
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by oxygeng: 1:14pm On May 12, 2023
WorldRichest:

Yes, so that business will boom for your brothers who are in the trade
yes, he will increase the distribution Network, open more foreign bank accounts, pardon Aba KYARI, and appoint him to manage and promote local contents.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by thesicilian: 1:14pm On May 12, 2023
CondenseMilk:
He would first recover the money he spent on buying the mandate
First you say he stole the mandate.
Then you say he bought it.
Which is it? Because anyone who buys something is still considered as the legal owner.
Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Siiri: 1:14pm On May 12, 2023
Hmmm

Re: Tinubu's First 6 Months In Office: What Are Your Expectations? by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 12, 2023
theophorus:
5. Increase IGR
10. LG Autonomy
11. Restructure Nigeria
Etc...

The Multiverse Is Real ... Confirmed
😅😎👍

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Coast To Landslide Victory In Offa Re-run Poll / PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola / Lagos Reconstructs Isaac John Street, GRA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.