Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,745 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Finally, My Marriage Have Ended - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finally, My Marriage Have Ended (9089 Views)

Finally My 2years Old Marriage Been Dissolved By The Customary Court / Finally, My Marriage Have Ended / "Relationship Is Not Marriage, Have Multiple Boyfriends" - Nigerian Slay Queen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 13, 2023
After all the tussle we finally kiss our 2years old marriage goodby.
Civilization and social media remain the biggest setback to a successfully marriage

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by riverbird: 8:54pm On May 13, 2023
Congratulations from a single brother, welcome back to the light.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by God1000(m): 8:55pm On May 13, 2023
Wishing you all the best in your new life

Your sanity and peace of mind is important, I won't encourage anyone to remain in a toxic marriage

12 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by tonicyril: 8:57pm On May 13, 2023
Sometimes we men misses bachelorhood no be small grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Omihanifa: 9:00pm On May 13, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Victor2707: 9:07pm On May 13, 2023
Welcome back to the street.

Share some lessons for the street.

5 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Jamahyel(m): 9:10pm On May 13, 2023
na woman suppose to the worry. Na man you be no matter how old you will find love again.

21 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by ProphetM0hammad: 9:11pm On May 13, 2023
Nacoss25:
Civilization and social media remain the biggest setback to a successfully marriage

Try again
Marriage is beautiful

3 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by kelspinall(m): 9:12pm On May 13, 2023
sorry
Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by doggedfighter(f): 9:14pm On May 13, 2023
Nacoss25:

Just take divorce photo shoot.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by nicerod(m): 9:18pm On May 13, 2023
Good luck bro

7 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by PerfectStranger(m): 9:29pm On May 13, 2023
Nacoss25:
cool

3 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by jamesversion: 9:46pm On May 13, 2023
Eh yah.
Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by IyaTola: 10:23pm On May 13, 2023
shocked Social Media has ruined marriages

Ofcourse, social media can play an important factor to ruin a marriage life.

It depends on how much you both (husband and wife) reveal your information, your relationship status.

Imagine a newly wed couple who got married recently. And after few days that woman is uploading some pics with her friends who are boys. If the husband is an understanding one, he won't doubt but for contradictory if he didn't believe his wife he 'll start asking who's he? Why Ur uploading your pic with him?

Imagine one of these friends was her ex-bf. Then what will happen next? The husband will start investigating about her past… then they 'll fight which might sometimes lead to an extend like divorce.

Nowadays married couples even post their honeymoon pics, and some intimate one. The main thing is they want to show off they got a beautiful girl as wife/ an handsome boy.

Live your life happily and peacefully without posting your personal or unappropriate information once you got hitched.

Live your life in reality then showing off virtually to the world.

Thanks for reading .

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Rubyjade: 10:32pm On May 13, 2023
Social media is running today's society

Do you have a Facebook or Instagram account? One of the very first questions in a conversation when meet each other. No matter where the conversation starts, most people are almost always drawn to the search for a username. No doubt social networking sites are fun and the best way to pass the time and stay connected, but teens can often form attachment or addiction to them.

ADDICTION: People are becoming so addicted to social media that they are spending most of their time on it instead of doing any productive or significant work. Lots of people now prefer online conversations rather than meeting in person, which is weakening their relationships.

CONSTANT COMPARISON: People use their social profiles to project their lives as “perfect”, and people increasingly compare their lives with other and think of themselves as low. It decreases their happiness levels and leads to self-esteem issues.

CREDIBILITY: There are no reliable measures to check the credibility of the news and videos present on social media. People easily believe and don’t even think twice to check whether the news or piece of information is credible or not. Hence, thoughts of the innocent people get easily shaped and influenced by distorted information.

DEPRESSION: Anxiety and depression is the most underrated disadvantage of social media. Anyone who gets trolled over social media or is harassed easily get into depression. The person who is trolled by social media can’t get out of depression easily.

HEALTH ISSUES: Health is the most important aspect of one’s life, and it is badly affected as many people spend all day on their phones.
we end up losing much of our precious, limited time for mindless scrolling.
Not all of the above will apply to everyone. I don’t intend to overly bash social media. But it still goes without saying that too much consumption of anything will result in adversity. Social media can give you fantastic returns if you use it positively, on the other hand, you can waste a big chunk of your time on social media if you are doing it just to pass the time.

No matter how much information or entertainment, we are enjoying through social media, however, life can be great if you spend less time on social networking sites and more time in the real world.

11 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by rottenPussy: 10:34pm On May 13, 2023
Now that you know it’s overrated, don’t get tricked into it no more. It’s shlt!

12 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by obinnazy(m): 10:35pm On May 13, 2023
I want to know what men benefit from Marriage, it Favours only women

16 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 13, 2023
Rubyjade:
Social media is running today's society

Do you have a Facebook or Instagram account? One of the very first questions in a conversation when meet each other. No matter where the conversation starts, most people are almost always drawn to the search for a username. No doubt social networking sites are fun and the best way to pass the time and stay connected, but teens can often form attachment or addiction to them.

ADDICTION: People are becoming so addicted to social media that they are spending most of their time on it instead of doing any productive or significant work. Lots of people now prefer online conversations rather than meeting in person, which is weakening their relationships.

CONSTANT COMPARISON: People use their social profiles to project their lives as “perfect”, and people increasingly compare their lives with other and think of themselves as low. It decreases their happiness levels and leads to self-esteem issues.

CREDIBILITY: There are no reliable measures to check the credibility of the news and videos present on social media. People easily believe and don’t even think twice to check whether the news or piece of information is credible or not. Hence, thoughts of the innocent people get easily shaped and influenced by distorted information.

DEPRESSION: Anxiety and depression is the most underrated disadvantage of social media. Anyone who gets trolled over social media or is harassed easily get into depression. The person who is trolled by social media can’t get out of depression easily.

HEALTH ISSUES: Health is the most important aspect of one’s life, and it is badly affected as many people spend all day on their phones.
we end up losing much of our precious, limited time for mindless scrolling.
Not all of the above will apply to everyone. I don’t intend to overly bash social media. But it still goes without saying that too much consumption of anything will result in adversity. Social media can give you fantastic returns if you use it positively, on the other hand, you can waste a big chunk of your time on social media if you are doing it just to pass the time.

No matter how much information or entertainment, we are enjoying through social media, however, life can be great if you spend less time on social networking sites and more time in the real world.

Nice one by chatgpt

11 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Okoroawusa: 11:37pm On May 13, 2023
Welcome to the club...we don dey there before you.

4 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by ajekpaks(m): 11:52pm On May 13, 2023
Congratulations bro

2 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by aswani(m): 12:03am On May 14, 2023
Nacoss25:

Hope there is no child involved as the poor thing is the one that will suffer the most regardless of how well you an ex-madam do in life.

Congratulations anyway for breaking the chain and ignoring all those foolish people that tried to convince you otherwise even though they are not sharing your pain

2 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Streetmovement(m): 12:48am On May 14, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Welcome back to earth grin

3 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Smartguyboy(m): 12:56am On May 14, 2023
Nacoss25:

How much did you spent on your wedding?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by ednut1(m): 1:23am On May 14, 2023
Civilization Without civilization we would be in caves hunting animals

3 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by MrAgbako: 2:32am On May 14, 2023
Nacoss25:
Good
Now we can have peace on nairaland
Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Birniwa(m): 2:50am On May 14, 2023
You may want to share with us what intoxicated the marriage and how it ended. Many valuable lessons for all of us to learn I believe.

3 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Divoc19(f): 3:24am On May 14, 2023
Congratulations.
You are lucky yours took 2years.
I struggled for 11 years to keep what I now call a fraud of a marriage.
Marriage is not for everybody.
Even Jesus said so

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by greenverte(f): 5:03am On May 14, 2023
Nacoss25:

You sound so immature Emmanuel, and reading your past posts shows the lady should be the one to be celebrating.

https://www.nairaland.com/6322571/pained#97237679

All your threads show you are not worthy.

4 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by RomanGreen: 5:13am On May 14, 2023
Nacoss25:

Remove civilization please. Social media has singlehandedly destroyed many marriages coz it's an illusion and devoid of reality. Many women being who they are use what they see there as yardstick to judge their once happy marriage

4 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Rubyjade: 5:20am On May 14, 2023
RenegadeX:

Nice one by chatgpt
It's not GPT angry

2 Likes

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by Rubyjade: 5:21am On May 14, 2023
cry What lessons did you learn?
What would you advise young folks about to enter the institution?
Divoc19:
Congratulations.
You are lucky yours took 2years.
I struggled for 11 years to keep what I now call a fraud of a marriage.
Marriage is not for everybody.
Even Jesus said so

1 Like

Re: Finally, My Marriage Have Ended by SMJay: 5:30am On May 14, 2023
obinnazy:
I want to know what men benefit from Marriage, it Favours only women

Modern marriage is a living death for men.

I loved my wife for a while and she adored me and we had three beautiful children and still it slowly descended into tedious, grinding, soul-crushing misery. Endless nagging, constant complaints, ungratefulness, squandering money, walking back promises about shared goals, cheating, selfishness, deranged behavior, everything every man tries to avoid. It finally imploded after 8 years when she commenced a legal battle that cost us over $50,000 in attorney fees. Our children are scarred for life. We despise each other with a red hot hatred that I never would have thought possible. The real kicker? I thought I had gotten lucky when I met her.

Here’s the awful truth no one teaches young men:

The voluntary, love-based, monogamous marriage is impossible for the vast majority of people. Evolution favors variety. Deep in our unconscious brains we are programmed by evolution to repel each other. Marriage, at its core, was never about love. It was about survival and social stability and gender-based division of labor in a pre-modem era when the lives of everyone in the family unit, especially children, depended on that bond. Men are polygamous, women are hypergamous. We come from an alpha male/harem of females evolutionary dynamic, as do the vast majority of social mammals. Geneticists have proven we have several times more female ancestors than male ancestors. Such societies are inherently unstable however. Marriage was the solution to this problem that allowed us to create civilization.

Now marriage is irrelevant. Modern technology and the police and welfare states have solved all the problems marriage was designed to solve in the first place. Now it’s unnecessary. The practical origins of marriage are utterly lost on modern women (and a lot of men to be honest). We have replaced it with an unworkable, fantastical, imbecilic model based on voluntary commitment and romantic love WHICH DOES NOT WORK. Marriage’s days were numbered with the onset of the industrial revolution. In the 1960s and 1970s the religious and legal and social constraints that held most marriages together were dismantled. Worse still, we now have an antiquated family court system that punishes men but rewards women. Add in birth control and abortion on demand and smart phones and social media and dating apps and failure is practically guaranteed. Women are never satisfied. It’s in their DNA. Briffault’s Law is real. Marriage must be externally enforced (law, church, etc) for it to survive in the VAST majority of cases. Women are, by nature, materialistic and erratic and solipsistic and duplicitous and malcontented and emotionally disregulated and irrational. When it comes to men, a woman’s “love”is both opportunistic and extractive. No matter how much attention or money you give her it will never be enough. Just ask Will Smith or BIll Gates or Jeff Bezos or Brad Pitt (ETA: or Sylvester Stallone or Tom Brady). I don’t think it is biology possible for a women to be content in a relationship. It makes perfect sense from an evolutionary perspective. Lasting love (which is different from romantic love) cannot exist without trust. Men simply cannot trust ANY women given the current family court system and modern women’s ridiculous expectations and women’s underlying nature. When divorce became an option for every woman, at any time, for any reason, marriage became risk prohibitive for every man. No sane man would sign a modern marriage contract if he really knew what he was getting into.

Hell is a wife. Marriage ruins men’s lives. It will destroy your dreams. A wife will eat your soul. Being legally and financially at the mercy of a woman’s emotions is an exhausting, grinding, slow-motion horror I can’t even begin to describe. Marriage is nothing but a loaded gun pointed at a man’s head and the woman gets cash and prizes for pulling the trigger. I’ve had cancer and I’ve been married to a woman who loved me and cancer was preferable. At least I didn’t have to pretend to love the cancer as it was slowly killing me. At least cancer went about it in silence. At least cancer’s behavior was comprehensible.

Until the laws change and society reverts back to a rational model for marriage that is enforceable, NEVER, EVER, GET F-ING MARRIED IF YOU’RE A MAN!!
Copied

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why 9ja Girls Drink Alcohol? / Bisi Komolafe At It Again ; Another Married Man / To The Ladies Like Me Who Receive loads Of PMs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.