Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings (28021 Views)

NBA Wants Live Telecast Of Election Tribunal Proceedings / Buhari’s Ability To Speak English Dominate Tribunal’s Proceedings / Tinubu Opposes Wife’s Bid For Deputy Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by OsunOriginal: 8:08pm On May 17, 2023
peekspot:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/its-abuse-of-court-tinubu-opposes-live-broadcast-of-election-petition-proceedings/

What is the big deal about the hearing that requires live broadcast to the nation?

The most childish petitions in the history of presidential elections petitions in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by francotunsco: 8:10pm On May 17, 2023
They further said that “At the very best, this application is academic, very otiose, very unnecessary, very time-wasting, most unusual and most unexpected, particularly, from a set of petitioners, who should be praying for the expeditious trial of their petition.

I love this line. Especially the bolded.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by IfnobeGod20: 8:53pm On May 17, 2023
kpompey:

Tribunal is not a cinema or a theatrical hall.Every profession has its own ethics. The true intention about televising is to start a civil war in the eastern dungeon , when the petition is thrown into ditch. A simple reaction is what happened to Apapa today , as these igbos are very desperate. Apapa was cheated because of Obi's wealth and influence. Obi bites the finger that fed him. Apapa accepted him and Abure into LP when they became PDP fugitive. Abure who swindled aspirant of several millions was supported because Obidogs felt Obi fake mandate is igbo mandate. What competence is in Abure. If Apapa pitched tent with any party, it is people like Obi's fault because you are playing the tribal war and the idiot Peter Obi openly endorse a corrupt Abure despite his misdeed. Obi himself is a rogue. Apapa now became a stranger in his own house.
Mr. Man, does the ethics of the court forbid live transmission? What a myopic mind. During COVID-19, the courts resort to victual sitting, was that not televising? So far you have the code to link on.
We are in a jet age, the world had gone digital in all its dealings and no more analog. Are you aware that same results in contention are also collated on a live transmission. Please can you show me any section of the constitution or electoral Act that says votes should be collated on live broadcast but that has been done for years in every election circle? Please I want to know the section of our law that says so. But as to ensure transparency, votes are collated under the glare eye of the media. If same votes are collated in such way and the same results are contention, what is so difficult to scrutinize same through the same process. Trump and Biden votes were reviewed on a live transmission.
Why do you people love darkness than light, even when you claimed your principal won fair and square? What are you hiding?
Meanwhile, please what brought the case of Apapa, Abure and Obi into this news now. This news is solely on Atiku and PDP but since you cannot breathe easily in life any more, you have to bring Obi into the equation, even when it is needless. Because this sitting of today is wholly on PDP and Atiku. I just you won't kill yourself over LP and Obi.
As the Bible confirms, a sinner runneth when no one pursueth him.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by kumbalo(m): 8:58pm On May 17, 2023
Naira20:
Tinubu is scared.I thought they said 2023 Presidential Election is the freest and best election ever conducted?

Even UK wey teach una dey televise important cases.

Important than previous presidential tribunal. Una body go calm down later
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by StreetMedia: 9:14pm On May 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:
I have said it, I will say it again?

Why should court proceedings be altered because of one incompetent illiterate hiding his incompetence behind religion to get power?

Buhari filed cases at the Presidential Petition Tribunal, there was no live broadcast.

Atiku did same, no live broadcast

Even obituarist did same at state level, no live broadcast.

And I believe there is a legal purpose for that.

Why then should the legal process be abused because of one illiterate who can't pass ordinary Philosophy in school? Is this the first time there will be Election Petition Tribunal?
i have gone thru your lines... You are just a CORNsense being. Tueh!
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by ogbe88(m): 9:23pm On May 17, 2023
kingsways:

You are the most stewpid person I have come across in a long while
He is an idiot.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Emola12(m): 10:43pm On May 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Why should court proceedings be altered because of one incompetent illiterate hiding his incompetence behind religion to get power?

Buhari filed cases at the Presidential Petition Tribunal, there was no live broadcast.

Why then should the legal process be abused because of one illiterate who can't pass ordinary Philosophy in school? Is this the first time there will be Election Petition Tribunal?
nah the age wey you dey for 2019 nain you still dey so This is new era we don't want Osama blaidin shettima and Pablo anini tinubu to rule us simple so shall it be in Jesus name
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by DaTruths: 10:47pm On May 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique Mukina2 lalasticlala

Stupidity is not an insult, check the meaning.
It's an adjective.
Nigerians sha.

If I say, you are the most insensitive person I have come across, you will also call seun, lalasticlala and Mynd44?

Hmmm, illiteracy sha.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Vision101(m): 11:04pm On May 17, 2023
@Brown2012
I thought Ekweremadu's court trial and sentencing in Uk was televised, a clear conscience fears nothing but Inec and Tinubu are scared. Guilty old corrupt Men.

@me
Ekweremadu's trial was not televised. Only the sentencing was. I'm sure the final judgement on this case will be televised. The judges need maximum concentration. They don't need distraction. Remember that at the end of the day it's that law that will decide and not emotions and sentiment.

The burden of proof is on the petitioners and they must prove it beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Vision101(m): 11:12pm On May 17, 2023
@linearity

How is live broadcast abuse of legal process, can you explain?

@me
The courts have practice procedures. There's always a process of altering it. It cannot be altered because of one case. The lawyers are playing to the gallery. They are aware that proof will be difficult for them. They want to wipe up public sentiment to cover their likely failure.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by cochexky: 11:17pm On May 17, 2023
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 11:40pm On May 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique Mukina2 lalasticlala

You're the most abusive person on Nairaland. You abuse the Igbo's without reservations and yet you're crying foul over the person who compliments your madness.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Larryndelaw: 12:01am On May 18, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
when Trump accused Biden of stealing the election, the case was televised live. The recounting of the votes was done live. So why is tinubu afraid ?
You are just confusing yourself up.and down. We are talking about the Tribunal. Mind you No recount was done live on TV as far as Georgia election is concerned. Don't say what you don't know. Trump disputing the election was Telenlvised lve. So stop mis' informing the public
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Larryndelaw: 12:02am On May 18, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
Tinubu bought Lamidi Apapa, who told you he cannot buy the opposition lawyers?
. You people are terrible..so you don't even trust the lawyer hired by OBi....it'd a pity. Obi I'd paper weight politicians and you the followers are gullible
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Guigo89: 1:35am On May 18, 2023
Pls calm down. If an animal make a sharp run, then the hunter will make a sharp shoot.

Why then should the legal process be abused because of one illiterate who can't pass ordinary Philosophy in school? Is this the first time there will be Election Petition Tribunal? [/quote]
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Guigo89: 1:35am On May 18, 2023
Let's wait and see
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Elliotg: 1:41am On May 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Wasted fian
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by 9jaRealist: 2:17am On May 18, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
Who airs tribunal proceeding on air?

When we have buch of headless mob that are very emotional they need court proceeding to be dragged to the internet where they can blackmail with tears and emotions

Allow the lawyers do their job and get ready for cursing the judiciary like inec

The Nigerian Constitution (in Section 36) provides for PUBLIC court or tribunal proceedings…
Since not everyone can squeeze into the courtroom, live broadcast is a suitable means to make it PUBLIC!

>
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Hadeylex: 2:40am On May 18, 2023
linearity:

How is live broadcast abuse of legal process, can you explain?

Thank you o! What is Tinubu or the APC afraid of or trying to cover up?
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by maticar: 6:28am On May 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:

leoDeFool

Atiku wants a live broadcast, but you are attacking Peter obi

Are you not truly a foolish thing?

look at the caption? did you see LP and PO there?

LeoDeFool
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by maticar: 6:29am On May 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The mob following Mr Obi is looking for another Rivers State Returning Officer to post their pictures online and intimidate. The court must not fall for the plot.

The video coverage has no direct bearing to the real case. It is just an avoidable time wasting relief the court must throw In the bin where it rightly belongs.
Check my signature for free stuffs!
Atiku demands live coverage but clowns are attacking PO, get a life
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by SWATMan: 6:49am On May 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:

e

Empty head read before you comment. The application said Atiku and here you are abusing PO and being liked by your fellow brainless clap givers. Olodo.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by SWATMan: 6:53am On May 18, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
What is Mr Tinubu (a kleptomaniac drug baron) afraid of? Televising court cases is a norm all over the world. We saw that of Donald J. Trump, we saw that of Ekeremadus, etc. It is now clear to me that Tinubu is a confirmed disgusting criminal.

Don't mind those unintelligent nitwits. OJ Simpsons case was aired live from the beginning to the end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Blackdisciple(m): 8:14am On May 18, 2023
Go to court go to court and they are all scared now...

Live broadcast is necessary for the public know what's going on in the tribune.

Besides we copy everything from our grand Masters and they also do live broadcast too so why should we!!!
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Blackdisciple(m): 8:16am On May 18, 2023
Naira20:
Tinubu is scared.I thought they said 2023 Presidential Election is the freest and best election ever conducted?

Even UK wey teach una dey televise important cases.

Omoh e tire me oo, it's a free and fair election Na so why scared
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Blackdisciple(m): 8:20am On May 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The mob following Mr Obi is looking for another Rivers State Returning Officer to post their pictures online and intimidate. The court must not fall for the plot.

[b]The video coverage has no direct bearing to the real case. [/b]It is just an avoidable time wasting relief the court must throw In the bin where it rightly belongs.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

It has bro, even our grand Masters we copy from do live broadcast for every one to see and hear, but certainly not only reading it in the news paper..

Besides it was a free and fair election so why getting scared of the live broadcast
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Blackdisciple(m): 8:21am On May 18, 2023
kingsways:

You are the most stewpid person I have come across in a long while

Lolzzzz just look at you bro
Why are you guys scared of the live broadcast.?
Wasn't the election free and fair
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Bringbackmandat: 8:33am On May 18, 2023
Larryndelaw:
. You people are terrible..so you don't even trust the lawyer hired by OBi....it'd a pity. Obi I'd paper weight politicians and you the followers are gullible
only a fool will claim to know someone mind. Judas Iscariot was the most trusted disciple but at the end he was the one that sold out Jesus.
Tinubu is a terrible human being and it is not news that Yorubas are backstabbers.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by Bringbackmandat: 8:36am On May 18, 2023
Larryndelaw:
You are just confusing yourself up.and down. We are talking about the Tribunal. Mind you No recount was done live on TV as far as Georgia election is concerned. Don't say what you don't know. Trump disputing the election was Telenlvised lve. So stop mis' informing the public
just shut up. I watched it life, stop denying what you know nothing about.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by DrMuzungu(m): 10:12am On May 18, 2023
Thi3fnubu!!!
THI3FNUBU!!!!
I SAID THI3FNUBUUUUUU!!!!!

How many times did I call your name? Now just sit down and shut up.
Re: Tinubu Opposes Live Broadcast Of Tribunal Proceedings by LastProphet: 11:09am On May 18, 2023
coolitempa:

You need to look into the mirror then you will get your answer. There is no precedence for broadcasting supreme court in nigeria or in any western world.

And you attended school and someone paid school fees? Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures From The NLC Protest In Enugu State / Oshiomhole: The Gang-up Thickens / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Group Emerges In Abuja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.