Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings (17372 Views)

LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings / INEC, APC, Tinubu May Oppose Live Broadcast Of Proceedings / INEC, APC, Bola Tinubu Footdrag Over Atiku's Request For Live Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by luchessi(m): 9:32am On May 19, 2023
Na your papa go cry till eternity

Was there live telecast in 1999, 2003, 2007. 2011. 2015 and 2019? So why is 2023 different?
Oh I remember Cos Gringory lost woefully.
Last question did Gringory televise his re-election tribunal court case?

if you are interested in the court case go and lodge in Abuja for 180 days and there in-person when the court sits. its the price you pay for democracy.

Una go cry till 2031[/quote]
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Nobody: 9:35am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
Whether live broadcast on Al Jazeera or delayed broadcast on AIT, Obi & Atiku no get case, just showboating to save face.

😂you dey always talk off point...

Is that the question he asked? He is asking about INEC you dey mention Atiku and Obi.INEC na political party?

Helinues you dey always talk rubbish

O boy e remain small make you enter enter market to display your full destiny.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by chidiokay: 9:35am On May 19, 2023
RealEzee:
let it be televised,you are the one bringing high emotions here.
If inec had done the right thing from the get go we no go dey dis phase

I don't have the power to do that, but the judiciary must act in the best interest of the nation at these time emotion and propaganda has taken over the nation, youth can no longer think for themselves except what one nonentity on Social media feeds them

Peter Obi and Atiku do not have two heads and do not deserves justice more than any other Nigerians at the tribunal,
IF Peter Obi & Atiku believe it is until the tribunal is televised before they can get justice does it mean the justice Peter Obi got in court that reinstate him as governor was a sham, is Atiku saying the justice Adeleke got at the tribunal is a sham .. becos it wasnt televised.

Is it a good precedent that our justice system now depends on live broadcast before people can get justice in court, so what about governors & senators in court are they lesser Nigerian to Peter Obi & Atiku.

From the way Obedient dragged Inec chairman, bombarded soyinka handle with insults and even threaten Reno family .. what do you think they will do when they pick the faces of Judges they consider stumbling blocks, what about security see the way Apapa was mobbed in court premises

Do you see that happening in other countries that gave live broadcast ... things must be done in proportion to our maturity, we all went to school, theories aside Nigeria no normal

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by TheBillyonaire: 9:36am On May 19, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Why is INEC, an electoral umpire funded by tax payers money behaving like a pressure group under the APC

What is INEC hiding.

Why is INEC behaving like a political party

The Federal Government and all the institutions have been hijacked and weaponized for vested interests of a criminal network using political offices to loot the treasury. The judiciary has also been hijacked and you will be shocked (I would not be) when you realize that the Court proceedings will not be telecasted because it is the hijacked judiciary themselves that recommended their APC/INEC 'colleagues' move those motions so they can do their bidding in discrete atmosphere.

The country has been hijacked and Obi had a real chance to rescue the government and retire these criminals. That is why they will stop at nothing, because letting Obi into office means it is over for all of them

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Phantom233: 9:38am On May 19, 2023
Why should They're this be an issue at this critical point? its obvious they don't want their shenanigans to be seen by the whole world.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by optimusprime2(m): 9:39am On May 19, 2023
I will address your points sir,

tribunal case is not held in secret
It's not in secret, but it's discreet... the press have boundaries.

You can't tell me you haven't been getting information about what have been going on at the tribunal
The tribunal proceedings is currently behind shut doors, once again the press have limits. If every element of the proceedings was being disclosed, then there would not be a need for a live recording request.
We only know what we are briefed by the legal counsel of the petitioners.

The Tribunal was not televise live when Obi got justice in Anambra State
This is a presidential election tribunal not a gubernatorial election, given the historic level of national participation, it deserves a hearing unique to it's national merit.

There's no need for it to be televise live
There is a need because some of us are very keen on following every step of the proceedings.

Broadcasting it live does not matter if there will be transparency. The Tribunal that removed Ngige as the Governor of Anambra State and made Obi the Governor of Anambra State was not televise live
Once again Gubernatorial and presidential dealings are two different levels of sensitivity, unless you beg to differ, and in that case you are entitled to your opinion.

So your argument does not hold water.
I understand you may not be interested or casual about the transparency of the process, but some of us are very interested. Just to remind you that the role of a citizen is also to be involved with national proceedings as significant as this. It's 2023, what better way to engage the civil landscape than a transparent application of democracy.

You may like onions and be ok with it, but that doesn't mean every human should like onions and be ok with it.
Nigeria is a country of over 200million people and a significant percentage of that population are keen on live proceedings of the tribunal aired, should the significant population be ignored?
Absolutely not, and that sir is the definition of Democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by fergie001: 9:40am On May 19, 2023
Penguin2:

Yeah! Just read it.

I hope with the way INEC is frustrating Obi’s lawyers they may have properly made their case by Monday?

And do you see the court allowing Live broadcast?
Monday it must end no matter what because Paragraph 18(9), First Schedule of the EA 2022 says not more than 14 days.

For me, there is a higher probability they won't especially because of the ripple effect it will have on the Gov/NASS elections petitions.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 9:41am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Can you explain how?
Inec is working for Nigerians and are being paid with tax payers money and it is of the overriding public interest that proceedings should be aired live just like the Oputa panel...I don't know why iNEC is acting partisan which is actually in their constitution and not an extension of apc.....this is an anomaly and aberration

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by gimakon2(m): 9:41am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
Let them keep deceiving themselves, INEC has already told them their fate, Obi thank you for betraying your master Abubakar Atiku, the rest we know is history.

Off point talk. Carry your frustration and go far from my mentions sir.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 9:44am On May 19, 2023
PlayerMeji:
I think with this one that Igbos are already turning the East into a war zone, they will be more than willing to take care of any judge or witness of their extraction if he is found to support the ruling government or against their candidate.

Though, they are not tribalistic in fact, they remain the most detribalized region in Nigeria

So it will not be safe to broadcast the live proceedings for the safety of all involved.
This is a lame excuse...aleya ko n se gbogbo nkan ni tribalism

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by chidiokay: 9:46am On May 19, 2023
Dexpro:

Lots of Nigerians are interested in this case. The interest is as high people wanting to watch Nigeria play Argentina or Brazil in the world cup.

Take me for example, all I want is to watch the court proceedings and whoever is declared, I'll support. Now what made me so interested is the fact that the electoral umpire INEC, through it's counsel is also kicking against live broadcast of court proceedings.

Last time I checked, INEC is supposed to be neutral. Let every Nigerian know and see who is setting them backwards.

It will put to rest the unnecessary tension in the country. Besides, it will earn even the judiciary more respect.

Are you aware Adeleke won at the tribunal against an incumbent without live broadcast

Do you know Peter Obi won at the tribunal and was reinstate even when he had no headless mobs and it tribunal that brought peter Obi back was not televised

Saying until a court proceeding is televised before you can be there is justice is that a good precedent to build on, so will all senatorial & governorship cases at the tribunal be televised as well or Peter Obi and Atiku are special citizens that deserve justice more than anyone else in Nigeria.
Court proceeding are filled with so many terminologies and terms watching, even as an elite you will most like not understand except given an interpretation, so who will do that for us individually when we are all in front of the Tv.
what good can possible come out of letting people draw conclusions without proper guide and interpretation, in a country where graduates can't even read national anthem off hand
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 9:49am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
First will you have electricity to watch the proceedings, secondly you no get work, than to be waking watching court tv, which the conclusive outcome is already known to logical imagination?
It's of national interest hence the necessity

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 9:51am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
Whether live broadcast on Al Jazeera or delayed broadcast on AIT, Obi & Atiku no get case, just showboating to save face.
Don't you believe in evidences and precedences
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Weathered: 9:55am On May 19, 2023
Tell the drug Barron that court proceedings can be done live as in other advanced countries.

There should be nothing to fear

3 Likes

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by naturefellow(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Your father is braindead not me.

After Obi was rigged out of the Anambra Governorship Election , is the Tribunal Televise live before he got justice at the Court?

So far all the Parties didn't agree, the tribunal will struck it out

The Tribunal no b BBN.
bunch of baloney! Only lies needs such profuse defense.

All your labour will be in vain. Insha Allah
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 9:58am On May 19, 2023
GoodbutBadguy:
But the 2003 & 2007 tribunal that were a clear robbery and the worse election since independent were not broadcasted to the extent that Yaradua said that the election that made him president is not fair. Atiku is a man of double standard undecided , broadcasting the tribunal live will mount unnecessary pressure on the tribunal shocked. If USA the father of democracy didn't broadcast any of theirs why should Nigeria who is just 20yrs in democracy do so undecided
🤣Se USA go tribunal ni
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by TemmyT002(m): 10:02am On May 19, 2023
Lol
What do they have to hide?
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Penguin2: 10:05am On May 19, 2023
fergie001:
Monday it must end no matter what because Paragraph 18(9), First Schedule of the EA 2022 says not more than 14 days.

For me, there is a higher probability they won't especially because of the ripple effect it will have on the Gov/NASS elections petitions.

Exactly! That line of argument by the respondents lawyers is valid.

If the PEPT allows live broadcast then other lower petitions will demand same. It’s going to cause chaos.

Regardless, I feel there’s enough media coverage of the case already both by traditional media and social media users.

I won’t be surprised if they rule against live coverage.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 10:06am On May 19, 2023
slashthroat:

My friend don't be ignorant, Oputa panel was not a court
🤣So what no be people vote

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by JetStar: 10:06am On May 19, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Why is INEC, an electoral umpire funded by tax payers money behaving like a pressure group under the APC

What is INEC hiding.

Why is INEC behaving like a political party

When INEC read the sham results on live TV who called it Big Brother Naija? Those guys no reasonable excuse.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 10:07am On May 19, 2023
blowjohn:

U watched clips of it doesn't mean it was televised live
Stop lying it was live
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by nkemjacob2(m): 10:12am On May 19, 2023
The big question WHAT IS INEC HIDDING

I see no reason y this proceedings won't be transmitted live because Nigerians of all sundry participated in the election. They want to know the outcome.

Had it been it was a party or private institutions or whatsoever, proceedings can be private.

LET THE PROCEEDINGS BE STREAM

2 Likes

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 10:13am On May 19, 2023
chidiokay:

How can you compare Oputa panel to Election Tribunal ...
Oputa panel was about restitution moreover there was Sanity then, no social media madness no influencers and propagandist wasnt a livelihood.

IF Atiku, Peter Obi, counsels and journalist are all presence in Court what other openness do they need, court proceeding is not a theatre act or entertainment that should be consumed directly by the public
there are so many legal terms that will be in use the even elite out law school won't understand, a live broadcaster means the public will start doing there own interpretations without a proper guide which might lead to an uproar and pressure that can manipulate the court because of bogus interpretations.

Just like crude oil, legal proceeding is not a end product it must be digested/refined by professionals/journalist/analyst and broken down for people to consume.

Emotions are all time high nothing good can come out of a live broadcast social media will ruin it

It's not just about the people in the court but about the generality of Nigerians who came out to cast their votes and want to witness the process and outcome live.... majority want to see it live

2 Likes

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by RealEzee(m): 10:13am On May 19, 2023
chidiokay:

I don't have the power to do that, but the judiciary must act in the best interest of the nation at these time emotion and propaganda has taken over the nation, youth can no longer think for themselves except what one nonentity on Social media feeds them

Peter Obi and Atiku do not have two heads and do not deserves justice more than any other Nigerians at the tribunal,
IF Peter Obi & Atiku believe it is until the tribunal is televised before they can get justice does it mean the justice Peter Obi got in court that reinstate him as governor was a sham, is Atiku saying the justice Adeleke got at the tribunal is a sham .. becos it wasnt televised.

Is it a good precedent that our justice system now depends on live broadcast before people can get justice in court, so what about governors & senators in court are they lesser Nigerian to Peter Obi & Atiku.

From the way Obedient dragged Inec chairman, bombarded soyinka handle with insults and even threaten Reno family .. what do you think they will do when they pick the faces of Judges they consider stumbling blocks, what about security see the way Apapa was mobbed in court premises

Do you see that happening in other countries that gave live broadcast ... things must be done in proportion to our maturity, we all went to school, theories aside Nigeria no normal
too much emotions in what you typed buddy,let it be televised so we see as e dey go,we have been left in the dark for too long ,if inec was mature from the get go we no go dey dis phase .

Youths don taya ,govt don fail us ,make dem at least allow us see wetin dey sup ,e no suppose hard if nothing fishy went down.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 10:15am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Election Tribunal no b big brother naija

It won't be televise live since all the parties involve didn't agree
No majority of Nigerians want it live
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by mbaise1000: 10:16am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
Lazy old Almijiri, you are waiting for Bola Tinubu to come & better your life amongst your 200 million fellow Nigerians?

Keep waiting, because your local government chairman & Governor that you voted for, were not elected to serve you lazy Incoherent Obidient?

Only Bola Ahmed Tinubu working from Abuja was elected to make life pleasant for an ungrateful citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria like yourself?

Grab a bottle of Coca Cola & 3 galas as you wait for Federal assistance/aid.

Must you resort to insults? Even if that person used insultive words, you just proved that you are not better than him, and you will be the first person to call others haters, you have to prove that you are not a hater or worse hater, which you have failed to prove,
It's unfortunate that there is practically no objectivity in this place again, every one is supporting one form of evil or the other depending on the one that he thinks favours him, you will support what you will be against if the situation is reversed, tell yourself sincerely if you are right, your answer to me is irrelevant, it's the one you tell yourself that is most important

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Sunshine34(m): 10:16am On May 19, 2023
E no consign me
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by JetStar: 10:24am On May 19, 2023
GoodbutBadguy:
But the 2003 & 2007 tribunal that were a clear robbery and the worse election since independent were not broadcasted to the extent that Yaradua said that the election that made him president is not fair. Atiku is a man of double standard undecided , broadcasting the tribunal live will mount unnecessary pressure on the tribunal shocked. If USA the father of democracy didn't broadcast any of theirs why should Nigeria who is just 20yrs in democracy do so undecided

You're dumb. USA is not the father of democracy. If you think I'm lying then ask Mr. Socrates and Plato.

Secondly, the 2003 and 2007 petitioners didn't ask for live broadcast of the proceedings.

Thirdly, INEC broadcasted the sham election results live on TV. who called it a TV show when they announced the sham results? INEC shouldn't be hiding under the cover.

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Emola12(m): 10:25am On May 19, 2023
allthingsgood:

Nobody is television anything. Go and sleep
after dey start to dey televise it I think you will order ur own lawyer to go and stop it oniranu you tinubu and INEC are not bigger than Nigerian
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by stallionng: 10:28am On May 19, 2023
INEC is behaving as a department of APC by their body languages.I don't understand
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 10:30am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
The tribunal case is not held in secret

You can't tell me you haven't been getting information about what have been going on at the tribunal

The Tribunal was not televise live when Obi got justice in Anambra State.

There's no need for it to be televise live

Broadcasting it live does not matter if there will be transparency. The Tribunal that removed Ngige as the Governor of Anambra State and made Obi the Governor of Anambra State was not televise live

So your argument does not hold water.
Why comparing presidential tribunal to Anambra
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by stallionng: 10:31am On May 19, 2023
INEC, and APC,if you have no skeletons in your both cupboards,why are you against open telecast??
We want the wind to blow and open the chicken,s rumps .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo Commissions Memorial Library In Oyo State (photos) / Hon. Israel Olusola Adekunle Performing Rituals (A Must See) / Enugu State Builds The First Christian Chapel In Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.