Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings (17381 Views)

LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings / INEC, APC, Tinubu May Oppose Live Broadcast Of Proceedings / INEC, APC, Bola Tinubu Footdrag Over Atiku's Request For Live Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Coolgent(m): 2:24pm On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
Lazy old Almijiri, you are waiting for Bola Tinubu to come & better your life amongst your 200 million fellow Nigerians?

Keep waiting, because your local government chairman & Governor that you voted for, were not elected to serve you lazy Incoherent Obidient?

Only Bola Ahmed Tinubu working from Abuja was elected to make life pleasant for an ungrateful citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria like yourself?

Grab a bottle of Coca Cola & 3 galas as you wait for Federal assistance/aid.

Working from Abuja?
Stupidity at it's peak

It was Almajiri's population that brought Tinubu into power.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by RealEzee(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2023
chidiokay:

That i mentioned America does not justapose comparison, my point is IF america as the most digitalized and advance electoral process and Trump is still challenging the election outcome then what can Inec or Tribuanal ever do that will negate bad losers.

Televising is just an excuse premeditated by Atiku and Peter Obi to discredit the Tribunal ahead so when they lose in court, the national topic ...will be tribunal did not televise it that is why LP & PDP did not jointly win. naa script cheesy
if inec get nothing to hide make dem televise am oo grin e no hard naa
Whether lesser case want dia own so e no bad either,sha televised the one of national interest ,make we see who do ojoro
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by JetStar: 2:43pm On May 19, 2023
GoodbutBadguy:

1. You are the dumb always do your research b4 talking, IBB modeled the US democracy for the creation of the democracy we are using in Nigeria. And I maintain my stand that USA is the founder of democracy.
2. It's unconstitutional to air the court section on a live broadcast. So Atiku petition is dead on arrival because it lacks the constitution backing, and INEC national collation of result has always been aired live.

You should be the one to do proper research. Your shallow understanding of the origins of democracy is illusionary. Furthermore, it is not against the constitution to broadcast court sessions live. If that were the case Wale Olanikpekun et. al. would have cited sections of the constitution to support their assertion - don't tell me you know more than them. In fact the constitution actually barred judges from holding court sessions in private. Therefore broadcasting it live is in line with the law as that will make it available to the public.

Before you reply me, learn to improve your vocabulary and try to know the difference between section and session. Also, read more about the origins of democracy.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by zinaunreal(m): 2:49pm On May 19, 2023
But they said go to court . Should we go blind? Not in this century
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Fearyourcreator: 3:21pm On May 19, 2023
Hotwest:
I think sometime ago a court case concerning the nation dealings which was called Oputa panel was streamed live right?!

I hate politics most especially this APC and how they are riding on Nigerians.

We shouldn't over respect these old men before they destroy our future. I'm still wondering how a single sick old man can be controlling millions of Nigerians because he have alot of money to throw around. Are we that poor and cowards?! Make fight no break one day o
Nothing go happen... No dey deceive yourself... Go arrange your house first...
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Thomasankara(m): 4:06pm On May 19, 2023
[/color]you are a criminal and swindler,go, get a work[color=#770077]
Iruechi:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. Almighty God meet you at the point of your needs, amen.
Please my name is Angel
G.TBank
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Thomasankara(m): 4:09pm On May 19, 2023
[/color]but there was oputa panel to douse tensions?[color=#770077]
slashthroat:

Was there live telecast in 1999, 2003, 2007. 2011. 2015 and 2019? So why is 2023 different?
Oh I remember Cos Gringory lost woefully.
Last question did Gringory televise his re-election tribunal court case?

if you are interested in the court case go and lodge in Abuja for 180 days and there in-person when the court sits. its the price you pay for democracy.

Una go cry till 2031
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Pacyrus(m): 4:57pm On May 19, 2023
Group of oles angry
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Difrent: 5:06pm On May 19, 2023
Guyman01:
Like someone pointed out, its like these people hate transparency and openness.

Several years ago we had the Justice Oputa panel which looked into grievous crimes perpetrated under the military regime and it went well, as per cameras, the court can use even a single camera placed on the ceiling while journalists will be in another room broadcasting and there won't be any interruptions

But what is so special about this year's pesidential tribunal that it must be televised by fire by force?

How can you compare Oputa panel with presidential election and all of you that hold this opinion why havent you spoken up since 2000 when Oputa panel sat and we've had 5 elections since then.... so what's so special about 2023 that the party that came third is making the loudest noise

The prayers will not be granted.

The main reason will be who will finance live telecast?
The court wont allow any of the party to and will simply say there are no provisions in the budget for live broadcast and most especially there's no law that mandates live broadcast and since in cases like this the court is expected to use its discretion it will rule against live broadcast

Know this and know peace. Monday is almost here
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by kingsceemark(m): 5:28pm On May 19, 2023
PlayerMeji:
I think with this one that Igbos are already turning the East into a war zone, they will be more than willing to take care of any judge or witness of their extraction if he is found to support the ruling government or against their candidate.

Though, they are not tribalistic in fact, they remain the most detribalized region in Nigeria

So it will not be safe to broadcast the live proceedings for the safety of all involved.

Na only 4 likes you get. Confused fellow
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by lildush(m): 6:25pm On May 19, 2023
The tribunal should be aware dat the future of this country will be determined by the on going tribunal case. Everyone deserves to know what is going on. For d sake of peace. It should be televised... If right judgement is not passed. Hmmmmmmm
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Peacecore: 6:49pm On May 19, 2023
Hotwest:
I think sometime ago a court case concerning the nation dealings which was called Oputa panel was streamed live right?!

I hate politics most especially this APC and how they are riding on Nigerians.

We shouldn't over respect these old men before they destroy our future. I'm still wondering how a single sick old man can be controlling millions of Nigerians because he have alot of money to throw around. Are we that poor and cowards?! Make fight no break one day o
Has any tribunal case been televized before? Or do want to blame it on APC since for 16yrs your party couldn't do it. Atiku that you're protecting would've objected it if the election had favored him. Stop being clever by half, thank you!
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Peacecore: 6:50pm On May 19, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Why is INEC, an electoral umpire funded by tax payers money behaving like a pressure group under the APC

What is INEC hiding.

Why is INEC behaving like a political party
Are you part of the legal teams? You should've even ask for the right to participate by phone call sef
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Monday60655(m): 8:05pm On May 19, 2023
But it was Bbnaija when he was fraudulently selected as the winner of the general election.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Onitola2: 9:19pm On May 19, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/05/19/court-reserves-ruling-in-atikus-motion-for-live-broadcast-of-proceedings/
it's a privilege for court to disclose proceedings, u can't compel them or pressurize them to do it.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by TGLINKS(m): 9:23pm On May 19, 2023
Please wen oputa panel d go on Dem no televice or teleshot abi telebrocast am d people way u wan rule u no wan show Dem how to respect judicialy abi tilibunal ? Dia is God ooooooo even if una end d abracadabra una manhud go still stand ooooooo
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Larryndelaw: 8:23pm On May 20, 2023
IVORY2009:

Look at what you are even opening your mouth to talk, do you know there are rich individuals who can fund the live tv brocaste, both home and abroad, for the betterment of this country, we all want fair hearing of the tribuna live, otherwise I am affraid, if Tinubu comes in via the back door, and bribe the judges as usual, the revolution that would sweep accross this nation would be bloody.
But OBi and Atiku lawyers would didn't say they have people that will.pay for it. You are just making noise. Tinubu will be sworn in and the tribunal will.favour him there is nothing you and your marauders can do. That's how you people makes noise b4 the election with fake polls.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Larryndelaw: 8:25pm On May 20, 2023
lildush:
The tribunal should be aware dat the future of this country will be determined by the on going tribunal case. Everyone deserves to know what is going on. For d sake of peace. It should be televised... If right judgement is not passed. Hmmmmmmm
What is the job of your Lawyers . Or are you saying your lawyers are working for Tinubu?
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by IVORY2009(m): 8:47pm On May 20, 2023
Larryndelaw:
But OBi and Atiku lawyers would didn't say they have people that will.pay for it. You are just making noise. Tinubu will be sworn in and the tribunal will.favour him there is nothing you and your marauders can do. That's how you people makes noise b4 the election with fake polls.

You just wake up and come to Nairaland and type rubbish, this time around is a different ball game, I myself I am from the south south region, you Tinubu supporters believe everyone who is supporting Obi is an IPOD member, the next coming days would tell.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Shattuck(m): 6:02am On May 21, 2023
Parachoko:
Can you explain how?
Nigerians have lost trust in the electoral system, inec and even the judiciary, the election is highly disputed by Nigerians if they can have access to the proceedings to be able to hear the cases and reason for themselves if truly it was rigged on not based on their on logical judgement, it would help in turning public perception, transparency aids trust, for the fact that apc and inec are against the live telecast, does not look good.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 6:08am On May 21, 2023
Shattuck:
Nigerians have lost trust in the electoral system, inec and even the judiciary
The way you Obidients dey always speak for Nigeria dey always make me laugh grin

The same Obi that could only get 25% of the votes and above in just 16 States?

The same Obi that scored less than 7 million votes

Nah him una go dey talk like say e get up to 50 million votes grin

We Nigerians that witness the 1999,2003,2007,2011,2015 and 2019 Election are happy are election is getting better.

The 2023 is the best election held so far in the history of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

South-East To Sue FG, Demands Creation Of 6th State; To Demand For Trillions / Shiroro And Sapele Power Plants Shut, as blackout worsens - PUNCH / Adesina: African Lender Agrees On Independent Probe Of AfDB President