Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings (17376 Views)

LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings / INEC, APC, Tinubu May Oppose Live Broadcast Of Proceedings / INEC, APC, Bola Tinubu Footdrag Over Atiku's Request For Live Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by babyfaceafrica: 11:58am On May 19, 2023
Mrtaye:

If you conduct an opinion poll you will realize that the number of people that want to watch it live outweighs and supercedes those that don't....also combining the votes of both PDP and LP you will agree the it outweighs and supercedes that of the apc which means majority of combined LP and PDP voters and Nigerians want live telecast

Opinion Poll doesn't work in court.. Facts do!
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by RealEzee(m): 11:59am On May 19, 2023
chidiokay:

That is not your call or the public call, the jidiciary as the sole right to decide what best for there practice .. i think Obedient need to be reminded they are not the only "people" or "citizens" around. you can never call the shot for US. not now or ever becos you have cheap data & carry iphone does not mean you will start dictating to every institution how you want them to run .. what nonsense
Except it is stipulated in the constitution let the tribunal regulate itself, let stop fooling ourselves the public have no trust in the police or judiciary and not even a broadcast can change that distrust that have existed for centuries, We only celebrate judgement that favor our Interest if it goes the other way it is bias.
So many players & managers think referees are bias, but did introduction of VAR change that, infact so many fans & managers still question VAR till day, with all the digitaized election process in America did Trumph accept they lose the election to Biden.
Nothing can satisfy humans, only fools will even try, people we only believe only what they pre-set in there mind not even jesus can change obedient mindset
let it be televised if there is nothing to hide,its not obidients or batists or atikulates ,its about Nigeria,we want transparency ,since the system failed during the electoral process let this be televised in real time ,lets see who dey represent us.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 12:00pm On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
There's no political parties called "PDP and other Parties" in Nigeria

APC is the Majority in the two Chambers.
🤣 Don't shift the post I am referring to the combined number of votes amassed by LP, PDP and the other political parties okay... let's talk about LP and PDP alone in this presidential election ooo their votes combination outweighs and supercedes hence they are majority have have a valid call
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by dominic17: 12:01pm On May 19, 2023
Like attracts like . Positive attracts positive and negative repels that's tell the kind of person you are. I wonder the kind of person that hate transparency
allthingsgood:
I support tinubu
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 12:02pm On May 19, 2023
babyfaceafrica:

Opinion Poll doesn't work in court.. Facts do!
Exactly they have evidences and facts which they want the the world and Nigerians to see

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by RealEzee(m): 12:03pm On May 19, 2023
chidiokay:

That is not your call or the public call, the jidiciary as the sole right to decide what best for there practice .. i think Obedient need to be reminded they are not the only "people" or "citizens" around. you can never call the shot for US. not now or ever becos you have cheap data & carry iphone does not mean you will start dictating to every institution how you want them to run .. what nonsense
Except it is stipulated in the constitution let the tribunal regulate itself, let stop fooling ourselves the public have no trust in the police or judiciary and not even a broadcast can change that distrust that have existed for centuries, We only celebrate judgement that favor our Interest if it goes the other way it is bias.
So many players & managers think referees are bias, but did introduction of VAR change that, infact so many fans & managers still question VAR till day, with all the digitaized election process in America did Trumph accept they lose the election to Biden.
Nothing can satisfy humans, only fools will even try, people we only believe only what they pre-set in there mind not even jesus can change obedient mindset
na u b d 'us'? grin ,y u dey quote america ,shebi america get beta lite,road,school,health care etc y u no compare us to dem naaa ,abeg no make me laff too much ,u won dey compare naija to yankee when it suits u ,dis guy ehnn grin
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 12:04pm On May 19, 2023
Mrtaye:

🤣 Don't shift the post I am referring to the combined number of votes amassed by LP, PDP and the other political parties okay... let's talk about LP and PDP alone in this presidential election ooo their votes combination outweighs and supercedes hence they are majority have have a valid call
The APC is the Majority in the House of Rep and Senate, so the APC will produce the Senate President and Speaker of the House.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Karnice600: 12:04pm On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Televising it does not mean justice will be gotten or not

It does not need to be televise before justice will be dispense

The Tribunal that gave judgement on behalf of Obi in Anambra State was not televise.

The Tribunal won't be telivise

That’s not the point. The point is, how it will be dispensed. Whatever the verdict; the images, gestures, voices and non verbal expressions throughout the proceedings are part of the details. In as much as it’s not compulsory, it’s necessary, if requested.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by KonTagiousBull: 12:05pm On May 19, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/05/19/court-reserves-ruling-in-atikus-motion-for-live-broadcast-of-proceedings/

Crazy people...I think say una say una win...

The drug man is refusing to come to court waiting for swearing in then they frustrate the case..

And you don't want people to see everything.I am surprised the mannequin is supporting all these..
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 12:05pm On May 19, 2023
Karnice600:

That’s not the point. The point is, how it will be dispensed. Whatever the verdict; the images, gestures, voices and non verbal expressions throughout the proceedings are part of the details. In as much as it’s not compulsory, it’s necessary.
Well, all this does not matter to APC and INEC

The outcome be the koko
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by babyfaceafrica: 12:11pm On May 19, 2023
Mrtaye:

Exactly they have evidences and facts which they want the the world and Nigerians to see

The lawyers should do that via news media..
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Hotwest: 12:18pm On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
Lazy old Almijiri, you are waiting for Bola Tinubu to come & better your life amongst your 200 million fellow Nigerians?

Keep waiting, because your local government chairman & Governor that you voted for, were not elected to serve you lazy Incoherent Obidient?

Only Bola Ahmed Tinubu working from Abuja was elected to make life pleasant for an ungrateful citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria like yourself?

Grab a bottle of Coca Cola & 3 galas as you wait for Federal assistance/aid.
Do I sound like Almajiri to u hoping on the government for everything like it's done in the north?! I am someone here clamouring for good government and conducive environment for foreign investors and things to strive. If I hoped on this useless government I would have died of hunger.

Bola is a weak old man whether you accept it or not. I pity Nigerians in the coming days
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by garfield1: 12:41pm On May 19, 2023
fergie001:

Yes, the Justices are expected to do that today.

Otti setback by fhc
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by fergie001: 12:43pm On May 19, 2023
garfield1:

Otti setback by fhc
Yea, it's a temporary one though.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by garfield1: 12:45pm On May 19, 2023
fergie001:
Yea, it's a temporary one though.

I believe the case was filed out of time
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by allthingsgood: 12:47pm On May 19, 2023
dominic17:
Like attracts like . Positive attracts positive and negative repels that's tell the kind of person you are. I wonder the kind of person that hate transparency

Go and sleep dear. Swearing in ceremony is almost here grin cheesy
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by fergie001: 12:50pm On May 19, 2023
garfield1:

I believe the case was filed out of time
Not just that, Yunusa doesn't even have the jurisdiction!
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by garfield1: 12:54pm On May 19, 2023
fergie001:
Monday it must end no matter what because Paragraph 18(9), First Schedule of the EA 2022 says not more than 14 days.

For me, there is a higher probability they won't especially because of the ripple effect it will have on the Gov/NASS elections petitions.

Exactly talkless of the undue tension and pressure it will create
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by chidiokay: 12:54pm On May 19, 2023
RealEzee:
na u b d 'us'? grin ,y u dey quote america ,shebi america get beta lite,road,school,health care etc y u no compare us to dem naaa ,abeg no make me laff too much ,u won dey compare naija to yankee when it suits u ,dis guy ehnn grin

That i mentioned America does not justapose comparison, my point is IF america as the most digitalized and advance electoral process and Trump is still challenging the election outcome then what can Inec or Tribuanal ever do that will negate bad losers.

Televising is just an excuse premeditated by Atiku and Peter Obi to discredit the Tribunal ahead so when they lose in court, the national topic ...will be tribunal did not televise it that is why LP & PDP did not jointly win. naa script cheesy
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by garfield1: 12:56pm On May 19, 2023
fergie001:
Not just that, Yunusa doesn't even have the jurisdiction!

Is he the judges or appellant
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by chidiokay: 1:05pm On May 19, 2023
RealEzee:
let it be televised if there is nothing to hide,its not obidients or batists or atikulates ,its about Nigeria,we want transparency ,since the system failed during the electoral process let this be televised in real time ,lets see who dey represent us.

Nigerians i know have moved on, the only place there is heat is social media,

IF tribunal as to televise the presidential election before you can trust the outcome, what about other cases, are they lesser Nigerians or they don't deserve justice

Just tell us Peter Obi just have two heads like people in .. and FCT cheesy
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Christian07(m): 1:08pm On May 19, 2023
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Larryndelaw: 1:17pm On May 19, 2023
IVORY2009:

When the revolution comes, they would be most affected
Oputa panel is not election Tribunal. Also who is going to fund the Live broadcast. Do you know how many millions it will cost for just one hour live brother. To co er the entire proceedings will be billions of naira. Who is going to pay. Obi and Atiku is nit serious. Is these what they supposed to be doing?
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by IVORY2009(m): 1:31pm On May 19, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Oputa panel is not election Tribunal. Also who is going to fund the Live broadcast. Do you know how many millions it will cost for just one hour live brother. To co er the entire proceedings will be billions of naira. Who is going to pay. Obi and Atiku is nit serious. Is these what they supposed to be doing?

Look at what you are even opening your mouth to talk, do you know there are rich individuals who can fund the live tv brocaste, both home and abroad, for the betterment of this country, we all want fair hearing of the tribuna live, otherwise I am affraid, if Tinubu comes in via the back door, and bribe the judges as usual, the revolution that would sweep accross this nation would be bloody.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by marlow1962(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2023
Hotwest:
I think sometime ago a court case concerning the nation dealings which was called Oputa panel was streamed live right?!

I hate politics most especially this APC and how they are riding on Nigerians.

We shouldn't over respect these old men before they destroy our future. I'm still wondering how a single sick old man can be controlling millions of Nigerians because he have alot of money to throw around. Are we that poor and cowards?! Make fight no break one day o
Apc is using the weapon of poverty and illiteracy on Nigerians, it is working for them, so they are feeling good about it while the poor masses praise them for making their lives miserable.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by fergie001: 1:41pm On May 19, 2023
garfield1:

Is he the judges or appellant
Judge....
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by garfield1: 1:44pm On May 19, 2023
fergie001:
Judge....

He has jurisdiction as the fhc has jurisdiction in all states.it was simply filed out of time
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 1:45pm On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
The APC is the Majority in the House of Rep and Senate, so the APC will produce the Senate President and Speaker of the House.
Ki ni n wi
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Vision101(m): 1:57pm On May 19, 2023
@Hotwest
I think sometime ago a court case concerning the nation dealings which was called Oputa panel was streamed live right?!

@me
The oputa panel was not a court. It was a truth and reconciliation commission. All manner of people are on the social media
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by fergie001: 2:12pm On May 19, 2023
garfield1:
He has jurisdiction as the fhc has jurisdiction in all states.it was simply filed out of time
Filing out of time divests the Court of jurisdiction.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by garfield1: 2:15pm On May 19, 2023
fergie001:

Filing out of time divests the Court of jurisdiction.

Somehow.but jurisdiction is basically about the court not being the right platform.the case is statute barred.
When is supreme court ruling on pdp case against shettima nomination? Today is the deadline

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is Afraid Of Prof Yemi Osinbajo? By ETIM ETIM / Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict / ‘herdsmen Will Kill Them’ – Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.