Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings (17371 Views)

LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings / INEC, APC, Tinubu May Oppose Live Broadcast Of Proceedings / INEC, APC, Bola Tinubu Footdrag Over Atiku's Request For Live Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by 27Pushing30: 10:35am On May 19, 2023
Google is your friend.

Oputa panel was not a court case you child it was "The Human Rights Violation Investigation Commission of Nigeria" "oputa panel" was just a sort of trademark and they were investigating events that occurred during the military era and they made their recommendations. just like the endsars commission of enquiries.

This is why i don't rate obidients... illogicism is your forte and ignorance is the foundation. someone who cannot distinguish between a judicial commision and a Court case is complaining about the country.

[quote author=Hotwest post=123227832]I think sometime ago a court case concerning the nation dealings which was called Oputa panel was streamed live right?!

I hate politics most especially this APC and how they are riding on Nigerians.

We shouldn't over respect these old men before they destroy our future. I'm still wondering how a single sick old man can be controlling millions of Nigerians because he have alot of money to throw around. Are we that poor and cowards?! Make fight no break one day o[/quote

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 10:37am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
There's no reason for it to be televise

The Tribunal no b BBN.

The Tribunal in Anambra State was not televise live before it removed Ngige as the Governor of Anambra State and made Peter Obi the Governor
If you conduct an opinion poll you will realize that the number of people that want to watch it live outweighs and supercedes those that don't....also combining the votes of both PDP and LP you will agree the it outweighs and supercedes that of the apc which means majority of combined LP and PDP voters and Nigerians want live telecast
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Christistruth02: 10:42am On May 19, 2023
It doesn’t need to be a media circus to get to the root and truth of the matter
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by kmonaolapo(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2023
funny............
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Buziness101: 10:52am On May 19, 2023
What I don't understand is why INEC is taking sides with APC and Tinubu

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by AntiTerrorist: 10:54am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
Let them keep deceiving themselves, INEC has already told them their fate, Obi thank you for betraying your master Abubakar Atiku, the rest we know is history.
You are the most disgusting thing among Tinubu's elements. Your mind is corrupted and your sense is gone. You lack creative thinking but always touting and thuggish. I wonder how your life is in real life. I pity you sha.

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by chidiokay: 11:06am On May 19, 2023
RealEzee:
too much emotions in what you typed buddy,let it be televised so we see as e dey go,we have been left in the dark for too long ,if inec was mature from the get go we no go dey dis phase .

Youths don taya ,govt don fail us ,make dem at least allow us see wetin dey sup ,e no suppose hard if nothing fishy went down.

If you can't interprete the law, then who you are ?? why is your audience to the proceeding in court sancrosanct to justice ?

Judging from the Inec live broadcast we saw how social media turned everything upside down even before mamhood declared the winner, peter Obi & atiku need the social media again, youths without knowledge will watch and start posting nonsense online to ridicule the judges that is what peter Obi & atiku want... discredit & humiliate the tribunal ahead of the verdict like they did to inec, Nigeria judiciary will run by its own guide lines not Peter Obi dictations or Atiku rules

you have a choice to answer those question or keep doing what you are doing
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by thegrinch(m): 11:09am On May 19, 2023
So, this is where all your education, wisdom, knowledge and understanding reach?

You're equating a Panel with a court?

Hotwest:
I think sometime ago a court case concerning the nation dealings which was called Oputa panel was streamed live right?!

I hate politics most especially this APC and how they are riding on Nigerians.

We shouldn't over respect these old men before they destroy our future. I'm still wondering how a single sick old man can be controlling millions of Nigerians because he have alot of money to throw around. Are we that poor and cowards?! Make fight no break one day o
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by thegrinch(m): 11:11am On May 19, 2023
You're still living in your "online bubble" ok... Dey play! grin

Mrtaye:

If you conduct an opinion poll you will realize that the number of people that want to watch it live outweighs and supercedes those that don't....also combining the votes of both PDP and LP you will agree the it outweighs and supercedes that of the apc which means majority of combined LP and PDP voters and Nigerians want live telecast
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 11:15am On May 19, 2023
Mrtaye:

Inec is working for Nigerians and are being paid with tax payers money and it is of the overriding public interest that proceedings should be aired live just like the Oputa panel...I don't know why iNEC is acting partisan which is actually in their constitution and not an extension of apc.....this is an anomaly and aberration
Even if INEC agree and the APC disagree, it won't still be broadcast live

It does not need to be broadcast before there will be justice
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Karnice600: 11:16am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Lots of people are not interested in the case. Stop speaking for Nigerians, speak for yourself alone.

There's no tension in the Country

The 2023 Presidential Election has held and there's a winner

The Case won't be showed live and heaven won't fall.

The APC and INEC have rejected it, so the Tribunal will have to agree with them.

Could you be under a curse or a spell?
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 11:17am On May 19, 2023
GetSenseNow:

You didn't give any reasons. Forget "it's not BBN", "it hasn't been televised before" blablabla.....those are excuses. Give me reasons. I really need to know.
I've told you why it does not need to be televise live, it you disagree, am not stopping you from telling me the reason why you want it to be televise
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by chidiokay: 11:21am On May 19, 2023
Mrtaye:

It's not just about the people in the court but about the generality of Nigerians who came out to cast their votes and want to witness the process and outcome live.... majority want to see it live

Do you know why there are ratings on movie, you see PG, MA, 18+, 16 and so on. do you know why
With the maturity level of Nigerians we need PG on almost everything that get publicized no thanks to social media and the lies,fakeness, propaganda associated with social media ... nigerians abuse almost anything.

My friend son ovie alway want to have a taste of whiskey becos he sees me n his dad drinking it .. he wants it does it mean it is good for him.
Legal proceeding and legal terms are beyond us as elites, you need professional guide, analysis and interpretation orelse people will blown things out of proportion. Nigeria is not normal, we are nothing like normal people.

Let sane climes do there thing yle we continue to treat our madness
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Nfora: 11:32am On May 19, 2023
Buziness101:
What I don't understand is why INEC is taking sides with APC and Tinubu

Because they are partners in crime cool

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by RealEzee(m): 11:33am On May 19, 2023
chidiokay:

If you can't interprete the law, then who you are ?? why is your audience to the proceeding in court sancrosanct to justice ?

Judging from the Inec live broadcast we saw how social media turned everything upside down even before mamhood declared the winner, peter Obi & atiku need the social media again, youths without knowledge will watch and start posting nonsense online to ridicule the judges that is what peter Obi & atiku want... discredit & humiliate the tribunal ahead of the verdict like they did to inec, Nigeria judiciary will run by its own guide lines not Peter Obi dictations or Atiku rules

you have a choice to answer those question or keep doing what you are doing
if there is nothing to hide then bare it in the open....we no go dey hia if inec followed the law in the first place,the nation deserves to know wetin dey sup ,dis one no b husband n wife issue way dem dey settle inside house .

We don dey lose trust in d judiciary make dem televised am n save face,we no need spokeman said this n dat ,make we dey watch as e dey happen ,shey na crime to ask for dat?shebi na we dem say dem dey represent oya make dem play for our front na
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by onyibest2k(m): 11:34am On May 19, 2023
apc what are you hiding
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by peculiar2233: 11:34am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Can you explain how?
Your ances*ors will know better. Ask them 🙄
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 11:35am On May 19, 2023
peculiar2233:

Your ances*ors will know better. Ask them 🙄
Okay!
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by chidiokay: 11:39am On May 19, 2023
RealEzee:
let it be televised,you are the one bringing high emotions here.
If inec had done the right thing from the get go we no go dey dis phase

Anything that does not go the headless mob way is it deem RIGHT, Adeleke won nobody is crucifying Inec for defending the mandate they gave Adeleke at the tribunal & supreme court becos it allign with the interest of noise makers.

But same INEC lack credibility the moment it did not favor there messiah Peter Obi.

Peter Obi & Atiku know they can't win, But just like they use the IRev to save face and discredit Inec, they will also use Tribunal not televising as an excuse to discredit the Tribunal when the judgement don't favor them. Obi knows court won't accept to televise but they need to discredit the tribunal ahead of the imminent outcome.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by fergie001: 11:42am On May 19, 2023
Penguin2:

Exactly! That line of argument by the respondents lawyers is valid.

If the PEPT allows live broadcast then other lower petitions will demand same. It’s going to cause chaos.

Regardless, I feel there’s enough media coverage of the case already both by traditional media and social media users.

I won’t be surprised if they rule against live coverage.
👍
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by GoodbutBadguy: 11:44am On May 19, 2023
JetStar:

You're dumb. USA is not the father of democracy. If you think I'm lying then ask Mr. Socrates and Plato.

Secondly, the 2003 and 2007 petitioners didn't ask for live broadcast of the proceedings.

Thirdly, INEC broadcasted the sham election results live on TV. who called it a TV show when they announced the sham results? INEC shouldn't be hiding under the cover.
1. You are the dumb always do your research b4 talking, IBB modeled the US democracy for the creation of the democracy we are using in Nigeria. And I maintain my stand that USA is the founder of democracy.
2. It's unconstitutional to air the court section on a live broadcast. So Atiku petition is dead on arrival because it lacks the constitution backing, and INEC national collation of result has always been aired live.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Karnice600: 11:46am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
The tribunal case is not held in secret

You can't tell me you haven't been getting information about what have been going on at the tribunal

The Tribunal was not televise live when Obi got justice in Anambra State.

There's no need for it to be televise live

Broadcasting it live does not matter if there will be transparency. The Tribunal that removed Ngige as the Governor of Anambra State and made Obi the Governor of Anambra State was not televise live

So your argument does not hold water.

Is that a yardstick to determine that this too can’t go on air? On a case that determines the fate of an important event which pulled people out of their houses on 25th of February , nationwide, despite security inconsistencies?
Una dey mad for this country o. Walahi. Looks like Tinubu has a number of witch doctors that work ahead of him. This must be a spell. It’s not just money. There’s something more. Someone said this to me earlier but I didn’t buy it. It gets obvious every day.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by OhafiaPrince(m): 11:47am On May 19, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Whenever you catch a thief, the first thing he would tell you is "don't video me"

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 11:49am On May 19, 2023
Karnice600:

Is that a yardstick to determine that this too can’t go on air? On a case that determines the fate of an important event which pulled people out of their houses on 25th of February , nationwide, despite security inconsistencies?
Una dey mad for this country o. Walahi. Looks like Tinubu has a number of witch doctors that work ahead of him. This must be a spell. It’s not just money. There’s something more. Someone said this to me earlier but I didn’t buy it. It gets obvious every day.
Televising it does not mean justice will be gotten or not

It does not need to be televise before justice will be dispense

The Tribunal that gave judgement on behalf of Obi in Anambra State was not televise.

The Tribunal won't be telivise
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Tuprelo: 11:52am On May 19, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Why is INEC, an electoral umpire funded by tax payers money behaving like a pressure group under the APC

What is INEC hiding.

Why is INEC behaving like a political party
IF YOU DO A JOB AND SOMEBODY IS SAYING YOU DID NOT WORK AT ALL. THEN A THIRD PARTY IS ASKED TO CHECK YOUR WORK, WOULD YOU BE ON SAME SIDE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT SAY YOU DID NOT WORK?
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 11:52am On May 19, 2023
thegrinch:
You're still living in your "online bubble" ok... Dey play! grin

Though harsh to believe but that's the reality
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by chidiokay: 11:53am On May 19, 2023
RealEzee:
if there is nothing to hide then bare it in the open....we no go dey hia if inec followed the law in the first place,the nation deserves to know wetin dey sup ,dis one no b husband n wife issue way dem dey settle inside house .

We don dey lose trust in d judiciary make dem televised am n save face,we no need spokeman said this n dat ,make we dey watch as e dey happen ,shey na crime to ask for dat?shebi na we dem say dem dey represent oya make dem play for our front na

That is not your call or the public call, the jidiciary as the sole right to decide what best for there practice .. i think Obedient need to be reminded they are not the only "people" or "citizens" around. you can never call the shot for US. not now or ever becos you have cheap data & carry iphone does not mean you will start dictating to every institution how you want them to run .. what nonsense
Except it is stipulated in the constitution let the tribunal regulate itself, let stop fooling ourselves the public have no trust in the police or judiciary and not even a broadcast can change that distrust that have existed for centuries, We only celebrate judgement that favor our Interest if it goes the other way it is bias.
So many players & managers think referees are bias, but did introduction of VAR change that, infact so many fans & managers still question VAR till day, with all the digitaized election process in America did Trumph accept they lose the election to Biden.
Nothing can satisfy humans, only fools will even try, people we only believe only what they pre-set in there mind not even jesus can change obedient mindset
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 11:54am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Even if INEC agree and the APC disagree, it won't still be broadcast live

It does not need to be broadcast before there will be justice

apc is the minority here if both the LP, PDP and other parties want it live abi na dictatorship
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Ofunaofu: 11:54am On May 19, 2023
Tuprelo:
IF YOU DO A JOB AND SOMEBODY IS SAYING YOU DID NOT WORK AT ALL. THEN A THIRD PARTY IS ASKED TO CHECK YOUR WORK, WOULD YOU BE ON SAME SIDE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT SAY YOU DID NOT WORK?

I don't seem to understand you

But INEC is a public institution not some private company
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Mrtaye: 11:57am On May 19, 2023
chidiokay:

Do you know why there are ratings on movie, you see PG, MA, 18+, 16 and so on. do you know why
With the maturity level of Nigerians we need PG on almost everything that get publicized no thanks to social media and the lies,fakeness, propaganda associated with social media ... nigerians abuse almost anything.

My friend son ovie alway want to have a taste of whiskey becos he sees me n his dad drinking it .. he wants it does it mean it is good for him.
Legal proceeding and legal terms are beyond us as elites, you need professional guide, analysis and interpretation orelse people will blown things out of proportion. Nigeria is not normal, we are nothing like normal people.

Let sane climes do there thing yle we continue to treat our madness
That your shenanigans is sinister, reeks of dubiousness and as such not an excuse .....sebi you and your fam dey watch horror movie?then live transmission of tribunal shouldn't scare you naw
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 11:57am On May 19, 2023
Mrtaye:

apc is the minority here if both the LP, PDP and other parties want it live abi na dictatorship
There's no political parties called "PDP and other Parties" in Nigeria

APC is the Majority in the two Chambers.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by BABYBULLETIN: 11:57am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
First will you have electricity to watch the proceedings, secondly you no get work, than to be waking watching court tv, which the conclusive outcome is already known to logical imagination?
this is very dumb..irrational backward thinking....no sense,all bcus of politics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply / President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom / Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.