Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings (17377 Views)

LP, Peter Obi Join Atiku/PDP's Call For Live Proceedings Of Tribunal Sittings / INEC, APC, Tinubu May Oppose Live Broadcast Of Proceedings / INEC, APC, Bola Tinubu Footdrag Over Atiku's Request For Live Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by chickenjefp: 9:06am On May 19, 2023
Hotwest:
I think sometime ago a court case concerning the nation dealings which was called Oputa panel was streamed live right?!

I hate politics most especially this APC and how they are riding on Nigerians.

We shouldn't over respect these old men before they destroy our future. I'm still wondering how a single sick old man can be controlling millions of Nigerians because he have alot of money to throw around. Are we that poor and cowards?! Make fight no break one day o
The Oputa panel you mention was not binding. It only revealed what happened in the dark but can cot give a binding judgement. In some instances it provided comedy but in all nothing came out of it.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Emola12(m): 9:07am On May 19, 2023
allthingsgood:
I support tinubu
druggie man supporting druggie daddy what is INEC and tinubu hiding Dis is not family issue dis is not street issue is for all Nigerian issue if you truly knew that you won the election with Free and fair let Dem televise it simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by cjudy(m): 9:07am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
Whether live broadcast on Al Jazeera or delayed broadcast on AIT, Obi & Atiku no get case, just showboating to save face.
Yes them no get case at all. They will be embarrass in court Abi? We want to watch it live how them wan take embarrass them and strike their case. You’re the winner, Eyeneck and APC are the winner right? Why don’t you want to disgrace your opponent loser on live TV?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:08am On May 19, 2023
slivertongue:
I understand APC's stand but I don't understand that of INEC. INEC is behaving like a political party
educate urself INEC also sided with PDP adeleke in Osun that was validated by supreme Court... it's Court and judges that can be neutral... In Abia State if PDP takes LP to court INEC ll side with LP...u guys should understand these things and stop wailing unnecessarily...

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Olamilekan1555(m): 9:08am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
Lazy old Almijiri, you are waiting for Bola Tinubu to come & better your life amongst your 200 million fellow Nigerians?

Keep waiting, because your local government chairman & Governor that you voted for, were not elected to serve you lazy Incoherent Obidient?

Only Bola Ahmed Tinubu working from Abuja was elected to make life pleasant for an ungrateful citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria like yourself?

Grab a bottle of Coca Cola & 3 galas as you wait for Federal assistance/aid.

In my years of reading comments yours is the most stupid and senseless comment ever, how can you write or say something like in this country so you did not even understand the kind of resource control that your country is practicing, your knowledge is limited no wonder you are backward and your generation will also experience the same thing if you refuse to change this your mentality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by fergie001: 9:08am On May 19, 2023
Penguin2:

Thank you
Shifted to Monday... Pre-hearing ends on Monday!
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by GodisFirst: 9:09am On May 19, 2023
What else do you expect from evil men of darkness. Whatever that is done under the cover is likely to be evil especially what concerns everyone.
Why hiding the process when you will later expect the general public to accept the outcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:10am On May 19, 2023
That lawyer stupid... Oputa panel was not televised even End Sars.. abi

Fake Ogun no dey kuku dey strike idiots again

Rubbish....
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Coronavirus1: 9:11am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Can you explain how?
Because you will get first hand information

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:11am On May 19, 2023
Dexpro:

Lots of Nigerians are interested in this case. The interest is as high people wanting to watch Nigeria play Argentina or Brazil in the world cup.

Take me for example, all I want is to watch the court proceedings and whoever is declared, I'll support. Now what made me so interested is the fact that the electoral umpire INEC, through it's counsel is also kicking against live broadcast of court proceedings.

Last time I checked, INEC is supposed to be neutral. Let every Nigerian know and see who is setting them backwards.

It will put to rest the unnecessary tension in the country. Besides, it will earn even the judiciary more respect.

INEC is supporting the process it conducted because PDP LP petition INEC before court to... INEC also sided with adeleke in Osun who won in supreme Court... Even if the proceedings is televised on CNN BBC it changes nothing LP PDP ll lose... Tinubu is president till 2027...
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Ilaje1: 9:11am On May 19, 2023
Hotwest:
I think sometime ago a court case concerning the nation dealings which was called Oputa panel was streamed live right?!

I hate politics most especially this APC and how they are riding on Nigerians.

We shouldn't over respect these old men before they destroy our future. I'm still wondering how a single sick old man can be controlling millions of Nigerians because he have alot of money to throw around. Are we that poor and cowards?! Make fight no break one day o

Oputa panel wasn't a court case but a reconciliation activity. Big difference.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by optimusprime2(m): 9:12am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
Can you explain how?

Brother,
Are you not tired of the fact that decisions of National interest are concluded in secret?

Is transparency not a critical aspect of nation building?

We were taught about national transparency in social studies however when it comes to application, our systems become like a Ninja clan.

For once let citizens see the credibility of the Judiciary

2 Likes

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by themanderon: 9:12am On May 19, 2023
The reason this nation is like this is because our leaders like doing things clandestinely. Everything about them is always shrouded in secrecy. If indeed that corrupt electoral umpire is sure of the elections they conducted why are they delaying the release of documents? Why are they against the live streaming of proceedings? The future of this nation for the next 8yrs will depend greatly on the cases before the tribunals so its ideal to go live just like Ken Nnamani-led senate did years ago that scuttled Obasanjo's 3rd term bid.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Germi9: 9:13am On May 19, 2023
What is this INEC and APC wahala ? INEC have done their job by giving us a fraudulent election results,why are they still interfering ? Ain’t they supposed to be Neutral ?
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by EvangelistChuks(m): 9:14am On May 19, 2023
Birds of the same feathers,align together.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 9:16am On May 19, 2023
optimusprime2:

Brother,
Are you not tired of the fact that decisions of National interest are concluded in secret?

Is transparency not a critical aspect of nation building?

The tribunal case is not held in secret

You can't tell me you haven't been getting information about what have been going on at the tribunal

The Tribunal was not televise live when Obi got justice in Anambra State.

There's no need for it to be televise live

Broadcasting it live does not matter if there will be transparency. The Tribunal that removed Ngige as the Governor of Anambra State and made Obi the Governor of Anambra State was not televise live

So your argument does not hold water.

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by shineeye1: 9:16am On May 19, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/05/19/court-reserves-ruling-in-atikus-motion-for-live-broadcast-of-proceedings/

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
John 3:20‭-‬21 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/jhn.3.20-21.KJV

From time immemorial, the children of darkness display aversion to transparency and openness - for obvious evil reasons

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by sukar886: 9:16am On May 19, 2023
Una the mad, wetin una the hide
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 9:17am On May 19, 2023
Coronavirus1:

Because you will get first hand information
I've been getting first hand information about proceedings at the Tribunal.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Biksy200: 9:17am On May 19, 2023
Buhari, Tinubu and APC are all bunch of Idiots. They brought all these on Nigerians
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by bionixs: 9:18am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
First will you have electricity to watch the proceedings, secondly you no get work, than to be waking watching court tv, which the conclusive outcome is already known to logical imagination?
televise it LIVE and let us worry about that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Penguin2: 9:18am On May 19, 2023
fergie001:
Shifted to Monday... Pre-hearing ends on Monday!

Yeah! Just read it.

I hope with the way INEC is frustrating Obi’s lawyers they may have properly made their case by Monday?

And do you see the court allowing Live broadcast?
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by fubsy: 9:18am On May 19, 2023
I don't understand why INEC will oppose live broadcast of the election petition proceedings. If both the APC and INEC do not have skeleton in their cupboards, they will not oppose live broadcast. More so, every Nigerian in entitled to be in court to witness proceedings, but because no hearing centre can accommodate all Nigerians, opportunity should be given to all. The court should remember what happened a few days ago, where there was a disagreement among spectators due to lack of seats.

1 Like

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by gabicon: 9:18am On May 19, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/05/19/court-reserves-ruling-in-atikus-motion-for-live-broadcast-of-proceedings/

As much as we would like to see transparency in our courts ruling, we need to be careful how we set precedence.

So we open up elections petition tribunal should some party not get the desired result, will they now insist the appeal courts, high courts, and supreme court's proceedings be televised?

If we are not careful terrorists will insist on open trial, for a country without witness protection, any witness can be target of miscreants attack. Even our judges will be exposed.

Let's think this thing thoroughly before we act.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Parachoko: 9:20am On May 19, 2023
GetSenseNow:

Why don't you want it televised? I need reasons, not excuses
There's no reason for it to be televise

The Tribunal no b BBN.

The Tribunal in Anambra State was not televise live before it removed Ngige as the Governor of Anambra State and made Peter Obi the Governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Bellotelli: 9:23am On May 19, 2023
Iruechi:
So the western world that televises their court proceedings is doing big brother naija? Even Ekweremadus trial was broadcast live and we watched clips of it here thanks to that live broadcast
Is a televised program the same thing as a live coverage
The fact that proceedings are not given live coverage doesn't mean that they don't have video coverage.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by allthingsgood: 9:26am On May 19, 2023
Emola12:
druggie man supporting druggie daddy what is INEC and tinubu hiding Dis is not family issue dis is not street issue is for all Nigerian issue if you truly knew that you won the election with Free and fair let Dem televise it simple

Nobody is television anything. Go and sleep
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by maintenant: 9:28am On May 19, 2023
PlayerMeji:
I think with this one that Igbos are already turning the East into a war zone, they will be more than willing to take care of any judge or witness of their extraction if he is found to support the ruling government or against their candidate.

Though, they are not tribalistic in fact, they remain the most detribalized region in Nigeria

So it will not be safe to broadcast the live proceedings for the safety of all involved.
Dumbest comment...

Next time do some thinking before rushing to type trash and ridicule yourself...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by GetSenseNow: 9:30am On May 19, 2023
Parachoko:
There's no reason for it to be televise

The Tribunal no b BBN.

The Tribunal in Anambra State was not televise live before it removed Ngige as the Governor of Anambra State and made Peter Obi the Governor
You didn't give any reasons. Forget "it's not BBN", "it hasn't been televised before" blablabla.....those are excuses. Give me reasons. I really need to know.
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Juju70(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Why is INEC, an electoral umpire funded by tax payers money behaving like a pressure group under the APC

What is INEC hiding.

Why is INEC behaving like a political party

Simple they are not independent
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by backbone503(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2023
Dexpro:
It would be in the best interest of Nigerians if proceedings is televised.

To the contrary. Do you know how heated the polity will be when proceedings in the court are televised live? And seatings in various state election petition tribunals also televised?
Re: This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings by Nobody: 9:31am On May 19, 2023
blacknp:
First will you have electricity to watch the proceedings, secondly you no get work, than to be waking watching court tv, which the conclusive outcome is already known to logical imagination?

You that has work why are you always shedding bitter tears because they said it should be televised?

One sense you no get.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘herdsmen Will Kill Them’ – Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari / #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members / I’m Confident My Relationship With Kwankwaso Will Be Good – Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.