Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,753 members, 7,831,416 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (490037 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (556) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Afristrut: 8:05am On Jul 19, 2023
Wking:
what other document do you send along to Dvla ?

The BRP, the form and attach your passport photo.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Wking: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2023
Thank you and God bless.
Afristrut:

The BRP, the form and attach your passport photo.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 9:36am On Jul 19, 2023
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:

This jobsite you speak of, is it like a freelance hub for extra jobs?

Do you have a link or know where one can visit to apply for these jobs?

Jobserve used be to the 'contractors holy grail' dont know if there is a new kid on the block.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2023
Goodmorning guys.

Is there anyone living in Eastbourne or around Eastbourne that can help me do a viewing? Landlord said any day from 12pm is okay.

I will pay a fee please.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2023
Focus99:
Goodmorning guys.

Is there anyone living in Eastbourne or around Eastbourne that can help me do a viewing? Landlord said any day from 12pm is okay.

I will pay a fee please.

Thank you

If you’re not able to find someone here, try the Nigerians in UK Twitter community. It’s very active and there are a multitude of people there so chances are you’ll find someone.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 19, 2023
First Seychelles, now Kazakhstan.

Na wah o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 11:10am On Jul 19, 2023
lavida001:
Be like London is saturated. Where are all the jobs guys ?

grin On summer holidays, let the jobs breathe
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2023
Thank you

koonbey:

If you’re not able to find someone here, try the Nigerians in UK Twitter community. It’s very active and there are a multitude of people there so chances are you’ll find someone.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by iyatrustee(f): 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2023
koonbey:
First Seychelles, now Kazakhstan.

Na wah o.

I'm really surprised Nigerians travel to Kazakhstan cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
iyatrustee:

Me too to be honest.

Apparently the sending of the best and brightest is global 😹

🏃🏿‍♂️🏃🏿‍♂️

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
koonbey:

Me too to be honest.

🏃🏿‍♂️🏃🏿‍♂️

Very soon Nigeria will be left with ageing population.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
Guys please i need protips and idea on writing a mind blowing cover letter.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BoyleEd: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2023
Good day lovely people, I know this may be too basic embarassed but please kindly recommend a good TV ( 50'' and above with quality image and sound). My budget is between 300k and 400k.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
Just heard from a friend trying to apply for post study. Total fees come to £2,980

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
lavida001:
Guys please i need protips and idea on writing a mind blowing cover letter.

Chatgpt / Writesonic + Quillbot wink

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
BoyleEd:
Good day lovely people, I know this may be too basic embarassed but please kindly recommend a good TV ( 50'' and above with quality image and sound). My budget is between 300k and 400k.

Thank you

Checked Argos?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
iyatrustee:

Nigerians are in Afghanistan, Cambodia, Thailand and Iran

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
hustla:

Checked Argos?

I wanted to say Harrods.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BoyleEd: 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
hustla:

Checked Argos?
Thank you, there are a lot that fit into the budget. I just want a good recommendation.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

I wanted to say Harrods.

grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jagbasneh(m): 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2023
BoyleEd:

Thank you

Check Hisense A6B 55 INCHES 4K smart TV 55A6BGTUK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

I wanted to say Harrods.

shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
BoyleEd:

Thank you, there are a lot that fit into the budget. I just want a good recommendation.

Why not check Samsung or Hisense and filter according to your pocket

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
BoyleEd:

Thank you

Check HotUKDeals dot com electronics section. You can also just search ‘TV’. You’ll see deals on TVs and also see real comments from people who have used the specific model.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2023
koonbey:

Me too to be honest.

🏃🏿‍♂️🏃🏿‍♂️

Lol, this table you are shaking...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
hustla:

Chatgpt / Writesonic + Quillbot wink

I heard thwy now have software to filter our cover letter written with AI
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
lavida001:

So they said for one app we did with AI, got an interview

You can tweak it after all the AI stuff and add your own to add the human element

wink

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
BoyleEd:

Thank you
Hisense 55 Inch 55A63HTUK Smart 4K UHD HDR LED Freeview TV

It’s fantastic for Gaming, Streaming Live Matches, Watching Netflix and others. I highly recommend it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
lavida001:

Yeah, there is but not sure if it’s in-use currently by recruiters.

I tried checking it my self before I even got to know that there is another AI to check if a content is AI written.

So, ai use case in such situations, the way to go about it to edit or use prompt that relates to personal experience, scenarios, your work experience, based on your cv, etc., also if you are used to AI, you will noticed that it repeats the topic of discussion quite often.

Well, I do have my personal way of getting around it, most important is don’t let it portray you in a way you are not (basically lying for you).

AI has always been helpful as it explains concepts, you would normally spend hours searching for online, can’t even remember when last I visited stackoverflow which has always been my first go to sites.

(gpt plus, google bard, Claude Ai)

In less than 4 months of using AI , I’ve learnt things that I couldn’t have learn in a year or more.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
I’m even happy paying for the gpt plus as it’s reasoning is beyond expectations.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
giselle237:
You are contradicting yourself. If noone’s life’s worth is from a British passport as you say, why then are you saying they need to wait 6 years to get this same passport?

First, tone down on the agression, it's not a fight.

My point here has been that people should get relevant sought-after skills that enable them climb the right ladder and if conditions are right, could be open to explore other options. Plus it gives you the capacity to adress unfair decisions when they arise.

The conversation here has been telling. Perception truly differs.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2023
[b][/b]
hustla:

Nigerians are in Afghanistan, Cambodia, Thailand and Iran

grin

I won't be surprised if there are Nigerian born Taliban in Afghan grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (556) (Reply)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.