Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal (41536 Views)

Fact Check: Did Obi Request 7 Weeks From Tribunal To Produce Witnesses? / Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal - LP / Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by GeneralPula: 2:42pm On May 21, 2023
eeetuk:
GeneralPula wrote "Which constitutional requirements are you talking about?"

I am talking about the 1999 constitution of Nigeria section 134 ---which states as follows:
2. A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to
have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for
the electiona. he has the highest number of votes cast at the election; and
b. he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election
each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and
the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja

First, Bola won popular votes.
second, Bola got 2/3 of votes in 24 states with not less than 25% of votes
Third, Bola got 19% of votes in the Nigerian capital, Abuja---well short of 25%
* 25% is required in Abuja, not 19%

Nah..
Voting is required in Abuja during national elections, not 25%!

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Truthshscrazy: 2:46pm On May 21, 2023
smiley
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by lexy2014: 2:47pm On May 21, 2023
What has he been doing all this while?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Emmanuelellah: 2:48pm On May 21, 2023
Aah! After Jagaban is sworn in? Otipari.!!
Hope is gone!

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by sekundosekundo: 2:49pm On May 21, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
The President-elect, Tinubu, through his lawyer, Roland Otaru, SAN, said he would require nine days to call a total of 21 witnesses, excluding expert witnesses, to defend his election victory.

In the same way, counsel for the APC, Niyi Akintola, SAN, said the party would call only seven witnesses, excluding those to be subpoenaed, to testify in the matter

Na apc con serious pass the clowns that carried them to court

APC the master riggers are not more serious but they perfected their rigging strategy even before the election. They have arranged their witness before the election and gave them roles to play during the election.

Just like INEC did by allocating #4b for legal battles because they know what they were up to.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by bigtt76(f): 2:50pm On May 21, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by lexy2014: 2:51pm On May 21, 2023
GeneralPula:

Nah..
Voting is required in Abuja during national elections, not 25%!

Pls, what does this mean:

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by isabi2lof: 2:51pm On May 21, 2023
leanonme82:

Lawyers must chop. Mugus must donate. The press must keep their attention on him.
Abi o
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by GeneralPula: 2:55pm On May 21, 2023
lexy2014:

It means for a candidate to be declared winner of an election, you need to have 25% in at least 24 states, and FTC!

36 states & FTC = 37 states!

25% in 24 states = winner!

Which ever states 25% came from doesn't matter. So far the states are under the 37 states where elections hold!

4 Likes

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by saheedtaiwo: 3:03pm On May 21, 2023
Which constitution requested for 25% in 2/3 state and 25% in FCT. It is better you don't add or remove from statement.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by zomby(m): 3:08pm On May 21, 2023
The election took place in February, and our illiterate LP candidate still doesn’t have witnesses or evidence of election fraud. This is unbelievable.
Peter Obi is an unserious man and his supporters are fools.

He should be given 7 yrs to find witnesses

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by shoskid(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2023
DMerciful:
Witness from US regarding Tinubu's drug case and Amazon Web Services that host INEC servers will be called. They need time to book flight and come down.

Don't talk as if you're talking to your village people and your fellow obidaft

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Baatunde(m): 3:16pm On May 21, 2023
Stop wasting your time with this 25% nonsense. Abuja as the FCT is not superior in any manner to the rest of the states as it has been established in many other cases before now. You are just clutching at straws whilst drowning. I thought you people have all the evidences that Obi actually won the election ni? Now we are seeing the main thrust of the case is based on technicalities. I want to see the evidences that Obi actually polled more votes than Tinubu and Atiku and dont be telling usabout Obi/Akpor because even if that is correct it still does not affect the final outcome any bit.

lexy2014:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by harmonyglobal: 3:18pm On May 21, 2023
This one never ready, but the delusional followers still believes there was really a stolen mandate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by lexy2014: 3:22pm On May 21, 2023
Baatunde:
Stop wasting your time with this 25% nonsense. Abuja as the FCT is not superior in any manner to the rest of the states as it has been established in many other cases before now. You are just clutching at straws whilst drowning. I thought you people have all the evidences that Obi actually won the election ni? Now we are seeing the main thrust of the case is based on technicalities. I want to see the evidences that Obi actually polled more votes than Tinubu and Atiku and dont be telling usabout Obi/Akpor because even if that is correct it still does not affect the final outcome any bit.

Pls what's the relationship between all you said and the question I asked?

Who are the "you" and the "you people" you mentioned in your comment?

Did me and you previously have any discussion on d subject matter cos I don't understand what your epistle is about
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by mrkia(m): 3:23pm On May 21, 2023
Un serious elements!!! I thought they want judgement before the swearing in. The truth of the matter is that Elupi have been forced to embrace the reality that no amount of their noises will stop the inauguration.

Don't worry Obi you have been given 8 years to prepare. Silly being.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by alobright17(m): 3:23pm On May 21, 2023
Plasmolysis78:

Try to be having small sense na
go and stand witness instead of ranting online , you’re the manhood witness.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by olatuns2017: 3:24pm On May 21, 2023

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Ifogift007: 3:26pm On May 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Seven weeks to provide evidence? Like seriously.

Out of the window goes the missing manhood. What is paining pandora Obituary is the "shishi" he gave. Obviously, the con artist has cut some deals on how to recover those "shishi".

Foolish man I hardly see you in thread were Fulani herdsmen murder people

But u always here supporting Evil

God's judgment is coming for you All
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by dododawa1: 3:26pm On May 21, 2023
Why not 8 years instead

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by BluntCrazeMan: 3:26pm On May 21, 2023
garfield1:

Forensic will not take place.even if it does,you cannot cover all the bvas and with the bvas reconfigured,data recovered would not be reliable...if they were to do it,they would have done it since the guber polls finished.you have ran out of time
Hehehehehe..

You sound somehow..

Which time again??

What is contained in the BVAS is still contained in the BVAS..
What time are you talking about again naa.!!
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Becomrichn: 3:26pm On May 21, 2023
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by saheedtaiwo: 3:28pm On May 21, 2023
sekundosekundo:

There was no mandate that was lost. Obi did not win in the core north where Muslims were dominated . So the state he won could not make him president. He needs to reach out more in the future election say 2027 or 2031 and not rely on Christians prophecies of what God did not send them

APC the master riggers are not more serious but they perfected their rigging strategy even before the election. They have arranged their witness before the election and gave them roles to play during the election.

Just like INEC did by allocating #4b for legal battles because they know what they were up to.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by ryloy: 3:31pm On May 21, 2023
eeetuk:
GeneralPula wrote "Which constitutional requirements are you talking about?"

I am talking about the 1999 constitution of Nigeria section 134 ---which states as follows:
2. A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to
have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for
the electiona. he has the highest number of votes cast at the election; and

First, Bola won popular votes.
second, Bola got 2/3 of votes in 24 states with not less than 25% of votes
Third, Bola got 19% of votes in the Nigerian capital, Abuja---well short of 25%
* 25% is required in Abuja, not 19%

FCT are first class citizens
South East are second class citizens by your argument

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by MemoriesAndMe: 3:31pm On May 21, 2023
DMerciful:
Witness from US regarding Tinubu's drug case and Amazon Web Services that host INEC servers will be called. They need time to book flight and come down.

That doesn't require 7 weeks even if they're coming in a boat bro. Obi really fall Obidients hands with this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by BeeNG3: 3:31pm On May 21, 2023
Ode grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Ifogift007: 3:33pm On May 21, 2023
seanfer:
I hope this is a joke, election held almost 8 weeks ago and you still want to plead for another 7 weeks to gather witnesses?
Obi should be serious for once.... Your supporters were saying the case can be done with in 2 weeks I laugh...
Ur only Job in line defending evil

Hope you are seeing what evil herdsmen ur Evil brothers are doing

I hardly see you in post we're innocent farmers are murdered

God's judgment is coming for you
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by DMerciful(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2023
Obi and his SANs know what they're doing, relax!

If you want Tinubu to continue and you think Obi is wasting his time, why are you complaining?
MemoriesAndMe:

That doesn't require 7 weeks even if they're coming in a boat bro. Obi really fall Obidients hands with this.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Timetravel88: 3:35pm On May 21, 2023
DMerciful:

Now, this makes more sense for the period of time requested. I was a bit disappointed earlier

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Gaabasky: 3:36pm On May 21, 2023
There must be a ways to avoid all these unnecessary distractions.

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by xangerar: 3:36pm On May 21, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
what have his witness been doing all this while

I thought the clowns pasting edited stories of how they won rivers and jos are already set with evidence

Wow! Court matters are procedural. Witnesses are not permitted to go into the witness box until hearing dates are set. The matter is at the stage of pre-hearing, it is after that that hearing dates will be set. So his witnesses could not have been doing anything else than wait for the hearing dates.

Those evidence are not thrown like stones. It is on hearing dates that witnesses go into the witness box to present those evidence. Just hope this is more broken down to details to help.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by simfrost90210: 3:36pm On May 21, 2023
😕😕 haba, 49days..
My President, i hope you know what you're doing, trusting your instincts at this time🙁

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 / Security Advisory: DSS warns against Public Flaunting Of Wealth / Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.