Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal (41510 Views)

Fact Check: Did Obi Request 7 Weeks From Tribunal To Produce Witnesses? / Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal - LP / Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Encyclopedia1: 1:49pm On May 21, 2023
Why not request for 1 year? I tot election has been months ago. Y not get ur witnesses down since then.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by garfield1: 1:51pm On May 21, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Now that they had wiped the BVAS..,,
They had actually tampered with the Exhibit..

What should be the next thing now.??

Nothing except that obi should give up

4 Likes

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Tareq1105: 1:52pm On May 21, 2023
darkwan:
you dont have your witnesses ready before going to court....

Nigeria should stand still waiting for Obi and appoint interim president bcoz Obi need another 7 weeks and Atiku needs 5 weeks.

Nothing should work until Obi win at the Tribunal.

Obi's only doing these to save face and to justify the donations received.

He knows within himself that he doesn't have any mandate anywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by AfonjaPriest: 1:55pm On May 21, 2023
When a man is successful, many people will be attracted to him. When a man has potential to do something great, he will definitely have many enemies.
Peter Obi has many enemies and some of them like INEC, APC, Tinubu, Shettima are not just Obi's enemies, they are the enemies of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:57pm On May 21, 2023
It was not Obi that asked for seven weeks. He asked for seven days.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by BluntCrazeMan: 1:57pm On May 21, 2023
garfield1:

Nothing except that obi should give up
Haahahaaahahaahaaa..

1. There are alternative documents to demand for..
But then, the tampered BVAS should be investigated too,, and the extent of tampering and alterations be established too..

2. Tampering with evidence is A CRIME on its own..
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by GeneralPula: 1:58pm On May 21, 2023
eeetuk:
"The Labour Party has said it will be calling 50 witnesses to testify against the victory of the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, and will need seven weeks to get this done."

Peter Obi is an incompetent leader!
Listen, Peter Obi will need 7 weeks to produce witnesses! Is this man serious? I thought he has witnesses before appealing his case. How can you not be ashamed of this guy? It is like shouting fire without smoke. So, Peter Obi is in election tribunal for what? Failure to transmit votes is not a reason to appeal a case for two reasons. First, over 18 candidates ran for election and all of them have their votes misplaced. Second, No court in the world can prove that votes were not transmitted. I have examples 20 of these cases around the world where democracy is practiced, and no court has ever awarded someone a case because of failure to transmit votes. So, my honest advice to Peter Obi is to withdraw your fraudulent case. You are wasting your time. Atiku Abubakar has a greater chance to win appeal in the tribunal than any Obi. Why? INEC declared Bola Tinubu winner of election without fulfilling the constitutional requirement. That is the ground for appeal, in my opinion. Okay?
Which constitutional requirement are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by ledaman: 1:59pm On May 21, 2023
He should be given the seven weeks or even ten weeks. We all know na wash! wink

2 Likes

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by garfield1: 1:59pm On May 21, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Haahahaaahahaahaaa..

1. There are alternatives.

2. Tampering with evidence is A CRIME on its own..

True,a crime that would be referred to civil courts or see inec punished but obi gets nothing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by lionphil(m): 2:01pm On May 21, 2023
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by jaxxy(m): 2:06pm On May 21, 2023
seanfer:
I hope this is a joke, election held almost 8 weeks ago and you still want to plead for another 7 weeks to gather witnesses?
Obi should be serious for once.... Your supporters were saying the case can be done with in 2 weeks I laugh...

Inec hasn't given them access to election material since after elections and a court order. That is the problem here.

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by bobbyan(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2023
IVORY2009:

So it's now removing from office not he'll not be swearing in again. Yeye notu

It would shock 🙀 you eventually, your Tinubu guy would be removed from office
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by danielous(m): 2:08pm On May 21, 2023
What do you expect from the main stream media, you think they'll give the right information to the public, even now that the court has ban any form of recording of the court process.
The above is a wrong information.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by johntolu: 2:09pm On May 21, 2023
Jones4190:
he got the advice from a mad man

It will be stewpidity of the highest order on the part of Obi if he still still consults the 'Upper Iweka Mad-Man', he hired as a 'consultant', when he was governor of Anambra state.
The myriads of problems and challenges confronting Nigeria, is beyond the scope of what any 'Mad Man' can decipher.
We need the best brains from every human endeavors to tackle 🇳🇬 problems not the counsel of any Mad-Man.

2 Likes

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by BluntCrazeMan: 2:09pm On May 21, 2023
garfield1:

True,a crime that would be referred to civil courts or see inec punished but obi gets nothing
Hahahahahahahaha..

So, INEC becomes the escape goat..
Well..

1. The forensic investigation of the wiped BVAS will still take place.

2. The extent of tampering of the BVAS would be established during the investigation..

3. The wiped “wharrever” can still be fully recovered in its totality...
It will just cost some more huge chunk of money..
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by leanonme82: 2:11pm On May 21, 2023
DMerciful:
By the time witnesses from Amazon web services says that INEC servers were shutdown on the 25th Feb by the rightful INEC staff based on login records and that there was no glitch then INEC will need to answer why they intentionally shutdown IREV

But shutting the IREV is irrelevant. Voters register and the forms all parties signed at the PUs takes precedence. Read osun state judgement. Shutting down the irev doesnt mean anything, the signed forms still appeared on the Irev eventually. If the forms the party agents signed are different from the ones INEC announced, thats all that matters to the court. Bring out the dicrepancies in all the states and show they were materially different to the election result.

You guys keep talking about irrelevant things that arent in the constitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Shantyken(m): 2:12pm On May 21, 2023
DMerciful:
By the time witnesses from Amazon web services says that INEC servers were shutdown on the 25th Feb by the rightful INEC staff based on login records and that there was no glitch then INEC will need to answer why they intentionally shutdown IREV

That means na them be hack that server.
Inec will sue them

2 Likes

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Gavranicd: 2:13pm On May 21, 2023
I swear this man no get sense..

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by garfield1: 2:13pm On May 21, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Hahahahahahahaha..

So, INEC becomes the escape goat..
Well..

1. The forensic investigation of the wiped BVAS will still take place.

2. The extent of tampering of the BVAS would be established during the investigation..

3. The wiped “wharrever” can still be fully recovered in its totality...
It will just cost some more huge chunk of money..

Forensic will not take place.even if it does,you cannot cover all the bvas and with the bvas reconfigured,data recovered would not be reliable...if they were to do it,they would have done it since the guber polls finished.you have ran out of time
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by PotatoSalad(m): 2:18pm On May 21, 2023
seanfer:

But we all know that 7 weeks to present witnesses in a case that is time bound is going to be hard.
Anambra's own took 3 years lol.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by blakkydikky(m): 2:21pm On May 21, 2023
Antimandatethie:
TInubus nemesis Talking right now
Seems I heard you said "Tinubu's nemesis"? Obi? the same Peter Obi or who else you're talking about? Is Obi even takes himself seriously that anyone will take him seriously let alone be "Tinubu's nemesis"?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Picardor2: 2:22pm On May 21, 2023
seunowa:
Obi is an unserious boy. And his clueless followers are daft to see that.

Exactly, exactly what ngige thought

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by manchyme: 2:23pm On May 21, 2023
DMerciful:

You guys seem to know everything that happened but it's been three months since elections and nothing reasonable has come from you. Just mouths and fake facts, nawah oooo. Swearing in is next week, better wake up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Picardor2: 2:23pm On May 21, 2023
blakkydikky:
Seems I heard you said "Tinubu's nemesis"? Obi? the same Peter Obi or who else you're talking about? Is Obi even takes himself seriously that anyone will take him seriously let alone be "Tinubu's nemesis"?

Calm and watch the game
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by blakkydikky(m): 2:25pm On May 21, 2023
Picardor2:

Calm and watch the game
issokay.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by leanonme82: 2:28pm On May 21, 2023
isabi2lof:
He should just forget everything and move on

Lawyers must chop. Mugus must donate. The press must keep their attention on him.

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by TheOldGods: 2:29pm On May 21, 2023
favor914:
Which independent minded person will go to court & stand on Peter Obi’s behalf when Tinubu has been sworn in as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, even his own LP party agents will not show up to testify?

The man is just looking for reasons to buy time, & save face.
Everyone is not a coward like you. So shift
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by FireUpNow(m): 2:34pm On May 21, 2023
7 weeks too small nah! Obi should have asked for 3 years. Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Ken4Christ: 2:35pm On May 21, 2023
seanfer:
I hope this is a joke, election held almost 8 weeks ago and you still want to plead for another 7 weeks to gather witnesses?
Obi should be serious for once.... Your supporters were saying the case can be done with in 2 weeks I laugh...

Obi's response was too hasty. He should have adjourned the response until proper consultation with his lawyers.

Meanwhile, why would the court ask for 50 witnesses to establish a case?

Where is it stated in the constitution that that number of witnesses is required to prove a case.

By standard, two good witnesses are enough to establish any case.

His lawyer should have contested that demand.

What about the 25% requirement for FCT that Tinubu did not meet up with?

Has the judiciary been bought with money?

We are way with keen interest.

Those who are praising this judgment especially Christians should not complain when the killings gets to their doorstep if this mandate is not recovered.
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Baatunde(m): 2:37pm On May 21, 2023
How about this one for a fact! Obi officially resigned his membership of PDP on the 24th of May in a letter sent to Ayu and joined LP on the 27th of May 2022, a month after LP has submitted the official membership register to INEC on the 25th of April. Technically Obi's name could not have been on that register submitted on the 25th of April 2022 unless Abure has come up with another Abracadabra

2 Likes

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by eeetuk(m): 2:38pm On May 21, 2023
GeneralPula wrote "Which constitutional requirements are you talking about?"

I am talking about the 1999 constitution of Nigeria section 134 ---which states as follows:
2. A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to
have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for
the electiona. he has the highest number of votes cast at the election; and
b. he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election
each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and
the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja

First, Bola won popular votes.
second, Bola got 2/3 of votes in 24 states with not less than 25% of votes
Third, Bola got 19% of votes in the Nigerian capital, Abuja---well short of 25%
* 25% is required in Abuja, not 19%
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by onome2013: 2:41pm On May 21, 2023
OBI, you are very wise president to be. You wanting 7weeks is because you want nigerians to get to the roots of the presidential election to avoid tearing Nigeria apart. KEEP IT UP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Salome Abuh: Killers Of PDP Women Leader Paraded In Lokoja / Caught In The Act: Meet The Man Defacing Port Harcourt / Twitter Community Amazed By Bukola Saraki’s Interaction With Young Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.