Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? (5140 Views)

The Only Antidote For Sin / Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:54pm On May 21, 2023
Templee333:

Please sir, i'm very sorry, i have no intention of starting any argument with you today. I hope you had a nice day at meeting and field service.

That's not an argument but setting matters straight with a liar who came to social media to tell millions of people that he can teach them all they need to know about a religion yet he knows nothing about the group!

https://www.nairaland.com/7565553/ask-question-jehovahs-witnesses-here

My question to you is:
Why do you love lying just to malign God's people? smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by IAMBOSS1990: 3:47pm On May 21, 2023
Chidolalar:

So if I live upright and don't believe in God, den I will go to hell fire. But someone dat has killed thousands of pple and committed all sorts of evils will go to heaven bcuz he repented and ask for forgiveness from God?
Does that makes sense to u?
Religious belief is NOT credible at all
Don't see it that way.

Look at it like this:

Believing in Jesus Christ is as simple as it can get a requirement to make heaven. I say simple because it is actually simple, all that is required is to say I believe in you, please forgive me and help me. Any other thing is secondary (John 3:16) .

Living upright alone will never be enough, that is simply because no one can actually live upright no matter how hard they try, they will always miss it somewhere.

God actually gave men the opportunity to save themselves through their works but they kept missing their way despite their best effort so He came up with a far simpler requirement which is: JUST BELIEVE. Believe in me and try your best and I will help you, that's all God requires of us.

Comparing your actions with what others do and get, won't be of any help to you. Don't concern yourself with that, instead focus on what you can get.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 4:10pm On May 21, 2023
IAMBOSS1990:

Don't see it that way.

Look at it like this:

Believing in Jesus Christ is as simple as it can get a requirement to make heaven. I say simple because it is actually simple, all that is required is to say I believe in you, please forgive me and help me. Any other thing is secondary (John 3:16) .

Living upright alone will never be enough, that is simply because no one can actually live upright no matter how hard they try, they will always miss it somewhere.

God actually gave men the opportunity to save themselves through their works but they kept missing their way despite their best effort so He came up with a far simpler requirement which is: JUST BELIEVE. Believe in me and try your best and I will help you, that's all God requires of us.

Comparing your actions with what others do and get, won't be of any help to you. Don't concern yourself with that, instead focus on what you can get.

So Why will a so called loving and merciful God punish humans for sins they inherited and know nothing about from Adam and eve and also punish humans infinitely for a finite offence?
And why will God cast d devil to earth to deceive, destroy and manipulate all kinds of evils to humans and still create an everlasting burning furnace for those humans?
Religious belief claims his mercy endureth forever. So why didn't his mercy endureth forever when Adam and eve disobeyed God in d garden of Eden?
If God is real and omniscient, den it means he has already known beforehand humans will burn in hell before even creating them
Religious belief will quote something and still twist it to suit their religious belief.
Religious belief is d worst thing to ever happen to mankind.
Religious belief will make u become blind to reality.

2 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Scarcity234: 4:18pm On May 21, 2023
TenQ:

Why not?

You are murdering innocent bacteria for doing nothing other than feeding on faecal wasted in your toilet. You are being genocidal because you are of different class!

Why are you not a murderer and genocidal human being?

Hell is a place where those who reject God and His rule are isolated!

A question for you...

Did I create the bacteria knowing fully well that it will harm me?
Did I create the bacteria and gave it its instinct, then turn around to kill it??

Why created what you will torment for doing what you created it for??

3 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On May 21, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
■ You cannot stop people from acting a certain way with an imaginary threat.
According to Jesus Christ, Hellfire is rather a choice. The choice of reward is Heaven or Hellfire, and both are dependent on choices made by one in this life after choosing to become born-again — become citizens of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On May 21, 2023
felong:
This hell fire story is really confusing to me.
It isn't if you read the book for yourself. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On May 21, 2023
LeyeWrites:
■ There's no hell. And speaking of Sin, I avoid it because of it physical effect on my wellbeing.
It's stupid to do things that are bad for you.
Sin has no physical effect defined. I think you are confusing yourself with ideas you have little or no real understanding of. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On May 21, 2023
Ola4lead:
■ How will God put devil to oversee hell when devil himself is a sinner. How will one sinner be punishing another sinner ? Please explain cos the story never clear Cos that is all we call injustice
1. Where in scripture did you find this claim of yours that the devil is a sinner? Seems you have been mixing up ideas that you are no longer making sense! undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On May 21, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
■ Hell is enough deterrent for sin, because after death,there is no repentance or mercy or forgiveness of sin in the grave. Hell was originally made for Satan and his demons , but he has vehemently vowed to drag as many souls as possible to share the flames of eternal damnation with him.
Lucifer is very wicked,so much that he would prefer nobody made Heaven,but he's a realist.
He knows some will make Heaven, but he's relentlessly fighting to get the greatest majority to Hell. He's throwing in a very wide array of weapons in bringing millions to eternal damnation.
Being the god of this world, Satan uses mind control to induce humans to focus on self and satisfying the desires of the flesh , programs evil desires and the urge to execute them. He has great influence over humans when they are far from God, and do things, believing in their self sufficiency, without bringing God into the picture. Hell is deterrent for sin, because eternity there is unimaginable.
All this tales by moonlight alone... I wonder why you folks border with God at all when the script you play to seems to be full of Satan, Devils, and lucifers. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On May 21, 2023
Simeonjoe1:
■ But but the wages of sin is death
Genesis 3 vs 19 & Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 — those were the wages of Sin before Jesus Christ showed up on the scene with the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On May 21, 2023
Ola4lead:
■ Now tell me who will punish the sinner and how the hell is related to the devil ?
Jesus Christ! As Jesus Christ tried to explain to you, while Heaven is a place for the Sons of God(sheep), so also Hellfire is a place for the Sons of the Devil(goats) in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Simeonjoe1: 5:11pm On May 21, 2023
TenQ:

But there are three kinds of death
1. Physical Death
2. Spiritual Death
3. Second Death

Death is a Disconnection between entities.

Second Death is the eternal DISCONNECTION between God and the person in the prison of the rejected called the Lake of fire

Death is death. Any other talk na controversy
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by charlsecy(m): 5:15pm On May 21, 2023
paxonel:
Is the devil and his angels tormenting people in hellfire enough deterrent for sin?
Where did you the idea the Devil punishes sinners in Hell?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by ReacherSaidNoth: 5:40pm On May 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, Hellfire is rather a choice. The choice of reward is Heaven or Hellfire, and both are dependent on choices made by one in this life after choosing to become born-again — become citizens of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Why do almost all your comments have this emoji ( undecided). It makes you come across as a condescending ass.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On May 21, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
Why do almost all your comments have this emoji ( undecided). It makes you come across as a condescending ass.
I honestly can't help you with how you choose to think of a mere emoticon. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by ReacherSaidNoth: 5:50pm On May 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I honestly can't help you with how you choose to think of a mere emoticon. undecided
You are free to use whatever you like, but I just cannot be bothered to engage with someone who gives off such vibes. Have a good evening.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On May 21, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
You are free to use whatever you like, but I just cannot be bothered to engage with someone who gives off such vibes. Have a good evening.
Again, I honestly can't help you with how you choose to think of a mere emoticon. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by OLULAW: 6:24pm On May 21, 2023
The afterlife is simply an attempt or ploy by religions to exert social control and conformity. There is neither heaven/ hell nor God/Allah/Onyamen.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:27pm On May 21, 2023
paxonel:
Why do people will rather choose not to be sinful, is it because of the fear of hell fire or because of the fear of the immediate or later consequences?

I know that everyone make mistakes in life, but what kind of mistake do attract hellfire punishment?

Is hellfire enough deterrent for any sin all?
Has anyone had the misfortune to go to hellfire and was back to life, what was your experience?

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Is the devil and his angels tormenting people in hellfire enough deterrent for sin?

That is what makes people very foolish.

No Thing deters a fool. A fool must always throw himself into destruction.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:28pm On May 21, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
No hell fire, no heaven, no God (s)!🤷‍♂️

The wishes of a fool.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32pm On May 21, 2023
Ola4lead:
How will God put devil to oversee hell when devil himself is a sinner

How will one sinner be punishing another sinner ? Please explain cos the story never clear

Cos that is all we call injustice

That is how to catch liars for the no where did the Bible say, that Satan is in hell waiting to torment other sinners like him.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:33pm On May 21, 2023
OLULAW:
The afterlife is simply an attempt or ploy by religions to exert social control and conformity. There is neither heaven/ hell nor God/Allah/Onyamen.

A sinner's wish!
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:35pm On May 21, 2023
charlsecy:
Where did you the idea the Devil punishes sinners in Hell?

That was Catholic Church's idea.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:41pm On May 21, 2023
Chidolalar:

So if I live upright and don't believe in God, den I will go to hell fire. But someone dat has killed thousands of pple and committed all sorts of evils will go to heaven bcuz he repented and ask for forgiveness from God?
Does that makes sense to u?
Religious belief is NOT credible at all

If you don't want God then why should He take you into His Land?

Secondly, you do not know what upright means else you would know that it is undoable by anyone who does not want God.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:43pm On May 21, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

But but the wages of sin is death

Then the question is what does death mean to God?

Answer, Eternal Fire!
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:48pm On May 21, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

So if I live for 80yrs and do some bad once in a while, let's say adultery, subtle lie and the likes, then I'm entitled to eternal condemnation in hell? Like my sufferness even pass my life span?

Even human judge no go sentence you to life in prison if you steal 10M,
which can punishment is that? Even you will complain if a punishment is to harsh,
The concept of hell is a whole lie, distorted and meant to discredit the personality of God.

You are just counting the punishment for one of you small actions eg one adultery.

You measure it, what would the punishment be for 20 adulteries committed from your 20 years to 70 years?

And that is for adultery alone, you have not counted the other associated sins which must be there eg stealing, pride, greed etc
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Templee333(m): 7:25pm On May 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's not an argument but setting matters straight with a liar who came to social media to tell millions of people that he can teach them all they need to know about a religion yet he knows nothing about the group!

https://www.nairaland.com/7565553/ask-question-jehovahs-witnesses-here

My question to you is:
Why do you love lying just to malign God's people? smiley
Well, i'm not ready for trouble now.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by LeyeWrites: 7:30pm On May 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Sin has no physical effect defined. I think you are confusing yourself with ideas you have little or no real understanding of. undecided
It does to me. It might not to you. That's fine. That's your experience.

My experience is mine.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On May 21, 2023
LeyeWrites:
■ It does to me. It might not to you. That's fine. That's your experience. My experience is mine.
Sin merely means disobedience of God's Law, and so in order to adopt the idea of sin, you must also adopt God's Law/Contract. Outside of God's Law, the idea of sin is meaningless. Now, God's Law does not state that there are physical consequences of Sin, so stating that there are is of delusions. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:42pm On May 21, 2023
Templee333:
Well, i'm not ready for trouble now.
Just know that it evil lying against people just because you don't share their beliefs! grin

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Templee333(m): 7:53pm On May 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Just know that it evil lying against people just because you don't share their beliefs! grin
If calling me a liar makes you feel good,then, you are free to call me as much as you like. Your happiness is my main concern!
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by TenQ: 7:54pm On May 21, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Death is death. Any other talk na controversy
Have it your way please!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

To Say God Needed An Angel In Heaven Is Not Comforting When Someone Dies. / First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? / Why Does God Simply Exist?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.