Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? (5141 Views)

The Only Antidote For Sin / Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 8:31am On May 23, 2023
MissOpe:
grin grin grin grin
A follower of Jesus Christ...... shocked shocked shocked shocked

Lips sealed bro
Yes, I do not subscribe to religious doctrines, not even that of the religion of Christianity. Rather I follow the exact teachings and obey the commandments of Jesus Christ even as recorded in the Gospels. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 9:23am On May 23, 2023
MissOpe:

No

Since u say u are not an atheist which implies u believe in d existence of God, so why den are u asking who created God.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by MissOpe(f): 9:48am On May 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Yes, I do not subscribe to religious doctrines, not even that of the religion of Christianity. Rather I follow the exact teachings and obey the commandments of Jesus Christ even as recorded in the Gospels. undecided

I sincerely do love the personality of Jesus Christ, ( Even though I sometimes believe all the tales about him are mere fallacies and myths) still, I would love to know more about him, can I have your number bro?....
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On May 23, 2023
MissOpe:
I sincerely do love the personality of Jesus Christ, ( Even though I sometimes believe all the tales about him are mere fallacies and myths) still, I would love to know more about him, can I have your number bro?....
I am afraid I am not on social media much as I chat exclusively here on Nairaland. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 5:17pm On May 23, 2023
MissOpe:

Since u said u are not an atheist which means u believe in d existence of God, then why are u asking who created God?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by MissOpe(f): 7:59pm On May 23, 2023
Chidolalar:

Since u said u are not an atheist which means u believe in d existence of God, then why are u asking who created God?

So in your mind now, anyone who isn't an atheist is a theist (Someone who believes in God)..
Bro, I'm not an Atheist neither I'm a theist...

I'm AGNOSTIC
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Delightsome2023: 8:19pm On May 23, 2023
MissOpe:

So in your mind now, anyone who isn't an atheist is a theist (Someone who believes in God)..

I'm AGNOSTIC
kindly drop your contacts, I'll reveal to you more about the personality of Jesus Christ
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Delightsome2023: 8:19pm On May 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid I am not on social media much as I chat exclusively here on Nairaland. undecided
which helps curb your depression?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On May 23, 2023
Delightsome2023:
which helps curb your depression?
Which depression again? Are you depressed or something? undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Delightsome2023: 8:24pm On May 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Which depression again? Are you depressed or something? undecided
how did you cope with depression when you came to the US?
Can you talk to me?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On May 23, 2023
Delightsome2023:
how did you cope with depression when you came to the US? Can you talk to me?
You seek professional mental health treatment for it as everyone else does. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Delightsome2023: 8:28pm On May 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You seek professional mental health treatment for it as everyone else does. undecided
is your mail active Let's talk
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On May 23, 2023
Delightsome2023:
is your mail active Let's talk
Mail way I don forget password so tay e don tire me. I am not active on email or anywhere else except on Nairaland, sadly! On a serious note, if you are dealing with depression, and you are out in the west somewhere, please do not hesitate to seek professional mental treatment. Fk all stigma and whatever else that may stand in your way because you don't deserve to suffer needlessly. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Delightsome2023: 8:39pm On May 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Mail way I don forget password so tay e don tire me. I am not active on email or anywhere else except on Nairaland, sadly! On a serious note, if you are dealing with depression, and you are out in the west somewhere, please do not hesitate to seek professional mental treatment. Fk all stigma and whatever else that may stand in your way because you don't deserve to suffer needlessly. undecided
alright thank you dear..
I'll open up a thread just between me and you so we could adumbrate on some thoughtful issues most especially on the scriptures and Christianity, general concept of life and topical issues like homosexuality.
Cos I observe most times you debate and wrestle with the scriptures and argue erroneously.
So I'll like to direct you to the paths of truth.
Dunno if you'll be responding to it
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On May 23, 2023
Delightsome2023:
alright thank you dear..
I'll open up a thread just between me and you so we could adumbrate on some thoughtful issues most especially on the scriptures and Christianity, general concept of life and topical issues like homosexuality.
Cos I observe most times you debate and wrestle with the scriptures and argue erroneously.
Go for it! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by MissOpe(f): 8:55pm On May 23, 2023
Delightsome2023:
kindly drop your contacts, I'll reveal to you more about the personality of Jesus Christ

odusinaopemipo@gmail.com
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by kkins25(m): 8:59pm On May 23, 2023
Delightsome2023:
alright thank you dear..

Indeed. I have prayed for our beloved Kobo countless times, beckoned them to change their ways, and adopt the teachings of the one true God, that is, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I, Kkins, hereby join my faith with yours that our faiths combined---may draw in the love of our lord Jesus Christ over the life of Kobo.

I've known Kobo for a very long time, since back when children used to proudly sing, "O my Hoe, O my Hoe." They had always been fervent in serving the lord, but something changed along the line. Maybe their integration with western society tainted the-once blossoming glory of the lord. Now, he goes about preaching adulterated versions of the message taught to us on the mount of Calvary; tolerance for homosexuality, divorce, not using the rod, and many others. Please mention me when you create the thread that I might join you to deliver our lost brethren. Thank you, and the heavens bless you with the knowledge and wisdom needed to exorcise the demons that dwell in the temple of God in Kobo.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:04am On May 24, 2023
RenegadeX:

mermaid how u Dey undecided

Meaning?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Nobody: 12:14am On May 24, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Meaning?

Mstcheew go back to the sleep you woke up from.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 11:01am On May 25, 2023
MissOpe:

I'm AGNOSTIC

Ok. We share d same idea.
Am also an agnostic
I really doubt d credibility about God bcuz of those contradictions and irrational quote of religious believers.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by MissOpe(f): 12:30pm On May 25, 2023
Chidolalar:

Ok. We share d same idea.
Am also an agnostic
I really doubt d credibility about God bcuz of those contradictions and irrational quote of religious believers.

Same way we can't throw away the talks of the creator or source which some people call God..
How did man come to being/life?

I mean, how did the first man and woman happen?

It's because of these mysteries ( unanswered questions), I chose to be agnostic..
Neither here nor there.....
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Femi8586(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Of course it doesn't make sense. No just person will punish you infinitely for a finite offence. Something does not add up.

The average human full of sin and wickedness can not even set his enemy on fire but you are expected to accept that a God that is an embodiment of love will burn you forever and ever.

And this is not even about living in sin. You can live a morally upright life and be human but for the very fact that you do not believe in a certain God you will burn in hell. Doesn't make sense.

Make una dey cap..
No just person will punish you infinitely for a finite offence. I guess that statement was directed or aimed at God.

But you believe it's okay for we humans to punish ourselves infinitely for a finite offence by sentencing offenders to life imprisonment with hard labour or death. You feel that one is good and normal but for God it is not normal.

Continue capping.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 10:24pm On May 25, 2023
Femi8586:

Make una dey cap..
No just person will punish you infinitely for a finite offence. I guess that statement was directed or aimed at God.

But you believe it's okay for we humans to punish ourselves infinitely for a finite offence by sentencing offenders to life imprisonment with hard labour or death. You feel that one is good and normal but for God it is not normal.

Continue capping.

If God is real and omniscient, den it means God has known beforehand that humans will burn in hell and suffer all sorts of pains and sufferings before creating Dem and yet he still went ahead to create Dem.
Is dat not d height of wickedness from a so called loving God?
Why will a so called just God allow humans to burn in hell for sins Adam and eve committed and know nothing about? why will a so called loving and just God banish Lucifer to d earth to cause all evils and manipulate humans and still allow those humans to burn in hell?
And yet religious fanatics will say he is a loving God and his mercy endureth forever.
If truely his mercy endureth forever, den why didn't d so called mercy endureth forever wen Adam and eve disobeyed God by forgiving them?
If truely God is real and omniscient, didn't he know Adam and eve are vulnerable to faulter?
He knew and yet he still went ahead to create Dem and wen dey disobeyed him, he still couldn't forgive Dem but rather banished Dem and allowed pains and sufferings to come into d world.
Religious belief is d worst tin to happen to mankind
Religious belief will make u become blind to reality
Religious belief will make you become completely illogical and unreasonable
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 10:28pm On May 25, 2023
MissOpe:

Same way we can't throw away the talks of the creator or source which some people call God..

It's because of these mysteries ( unanswered questions), I chose to be agnostic..

Ok..
Same here with me.

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:11am On May 26, 2023
OLULAW:

Absolute nonsense. Go and get properly educated, and I'm not referring to certifications but education which liberates abd enlightens the mind.

Says a deluded person. grin
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 2:25am On May 31, 2023
MissOpe:

I don't even know whether this thread will still be active on your browser bcuz it seems d thread seems to be forgotten
But if u are still active, can u give a little Insight on those questions u termed mysterious?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by emmyileri(m): 9:55pm On May 31, 2023
EnemyofGod2:
There's nothing like HEAVEN OR HELLFIRE

God doesn't exist,Satan or demons doesn't exist.Jesus Christ or Angel doesn't exist, there's no verifiable concretable approvable evidence of their existence

shocked shocked shocked shocked
I guess even you doesn't exist.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Maynmaynmayn: 7:23am On Jun 01, 2023
TenQ:

If you had created the bacteria, you would have had more right to terminate their existence but you didn't hence, justify why you are not a genocidal mass murderer?
Weak.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by DonroxyII: 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
pol23:
That concept of heaven and hell seems fishy to me.
Have you wonder why God and Government have the same rules.
It seems more like a government apparatus .
If we can’t get you to fear the police and prison, maybe Satan and Hell will work the magic.
Guess what, it’s working pretty fine even me wey they form hard guy sometimes get controlled by this mechanism.
Yoruba religion have no hell.
I believe religion is just kind of a mechanism to stop human from hurting humans…. I might be wrong though, but that’s my thought.
Religion was the Means Humans Utilised to Forestall Disciplines Upon Humanities to Promote Evolutionary Growths & Developments But Religion has Been Much Abused & Presently Losing its Values Due to Advanced Civilisations & Humanities now Challenging Spiritualism Unlike Before & Religion doesn't seems to Be Providing the Answers Because Realities Now Requires More than Spiritual Abracadabra!

Thus, In this Present Contemporary Dispensation Sciences & Technologies is now the Newest Religion & Seems like The Better Answers to Human Quest for Civilisations & Evolutionary Growths & Developments into Unlocking Our Divine Powers to Unravel the Universes & All The Powers Therein !

This seems like The Divine Task of Humanities!
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by sonmvayina(m): 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
Quinns:

Lem ask from an outsider looking in, let's say there's no Jesus no demons, Heaven or Hell.

But pple still consult native Doctors for
evil
doings against another person and such works. Where do these evil men get such powers to take a life spiritual if the devil doesn't exist

God...

Only God exist..

Whatever happens, whether good or bas...it is God .
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by sonmvayina(m): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
TenQ:

But there are three kinds of death
1. Physical Death
2. Spiritual Death
3. Second Death

Death is a Disconnection between entities.

Second Death is the eternal DISCONNECTION between God and the person in the prison of the rejected called the Lake of fire

It is impossible to die....

God is the universe itself. And we are the universe experiencing the universe, ..as human beings...

Death is an impossibility.....because there is no where to die and go to....That where God hates Lucifer (the goddess of death) because she is a deceiver.....

The circle keeps repeating itself...
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by TenQ: 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
sonmvayina:

It is impossible to die....

God is the universe itself. And we are the universe experiencing the universe, ..as human beings...

Death is an impossibility.....because there is no where to die and go to....That where God hates Lucifer (the goddess of death) because she is a deceiver.....

The circle keeps repeating itself...
Death is NEVER an Annihilation, Death is a Disconnection.

A person disconnected from God is eternally dead!
When a persons body is disconnected from his soul/spirit, he becomes physically dead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sunday Worship Is The "mark Of The Beast" And Sabbath Is The Seal Of God / Winners Chapel Financial Record Surfaces After Oyedepo’s Outcry Over CAMA / A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.