Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,922 members, 7,810,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? (5135 Views)

The Only Antidote For Sin / Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by TenQ: 7:57pm On May 21, 2023
Scarcity234:

A question for you...

Did I create the bacteria knowing fully well that it will harm me?
Did I create the bacteria and gave it its instinct, then turn around to kill it??

Why created what you will torment for doing what you created it for??
If you had created the bacteria, you would have had more right to terminate their existence but you didn't hence, justify why you are not a genocidal mass murderer?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:09pm On May 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's not an argument but setting matters straight with a liar who came to social media to tell millions of people that he can teach them all they need to know about a religion yet he knows nothing about the group!

https://www.nairaland.com/7565553/ask-question-jehovahs-witnesses-here

My question to you is:
Why do you love lying just to malign God's people? smiley

You shouldn't have added the website
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 8:22pm On May 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

If you don't want God then why should He take you into His Land?

Secondly, you do not know what upright means else you would know that it is undoable by anyone who does not want God.

I can choose NOT to want God bcuz I didn't tell him to create me. God created Adam from whom humans Descended from without his consent
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:25pm On May 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All this tales by moonlight alone... I wonder why you folks border with God at all when the script you play to seems to be full of Satan, Devils, and lucifers. undecided
Lol! Mr tales by moonlight, mind your business.
My post is not your problem.
Mad man.I have earlier warned you to stay off my comment.
What's your problem? Who asked for your stupid opinion?
It means nothing to me.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On May 21, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Lol! Mr tales by moonlight, mind your business. My post is not your problem. Mad man.
It becomes my problem when you keep mentioning God's name in all of that brain-damage. undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:30pm On May 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It becomes my problem when you keep mentioning God's name in all of that brain-damage. undecided
Lol! of course you are brain damaged, because you can't quote someone like a mentally sound human being.You must throw aspersions as if you have an age long beef with that person.
Frustrated animal.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by LeyeWrites: 8:32pm On May 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Sin merely means disobedience of God's Law, and so in order to adopt the idea of sin, you must also adopt God's Law/Contract. Outside of God's Law, the idea of sin is meaningless. Now, God's Law does not state that there are physical consequences of Sin, so stating that there are is of delusions. undecided
That's your opinion and I respect it.

However, I don't live by a book. I'm beyond a book. You can live in a book and that's fine. Even though your knowledge of sin is limited consequentially your spiritual understanding, I still think with time you'll grow into maturity in light.

As long as you don't go about believing everything you've grown with and have been raised in is the truth about spirituality.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Jackanda1(m): 8:40pm On May 21, 2023
Ola4lead:
How will God put devil to oversee hell when devil himself is a sinner

How will one sinner be punishing another sinner ? Please explain cos the story never clear

Cos that is all we call injustice
I don't think satan and most of his demons are thrown into hell, since its not yet time. They're still operating and causing havoc on earth.

I also believe that there are some demons in hell torturing sinners for now. When their time for judgement comes, that would end.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On May 21, 2023
LeyeWrites:
■ That's your opinion and I respect it.
■ However, I don't live by a book. I'm beyond a book. You can live in a book and that's fine. Even though your knowledge of sin is limited consequentially your spiritual understanding, I still think with time you'll grow into maturity in light.
■ As long as you don't go about believing everything you've grown with and have been raised in is the truth about spirituality.
1. What I stated is not an opinion but a scriptural fact. undecided

2. I am afraid I do not subscribe to spiritual bullsheet so your kind of maturity is meaningless to me.

3. This has nothing to do with believing anything I have been told but simply understanding that it is necessary to respect context when dealing with ideas, even that which is sin, undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You shouldn't have added the website

I did in case anyone wants to know what exactly he did regarding JWs and our beliefs?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:11pm On May 21, 2023
Templee333:
If calling me a liar makes you feel good,then, you are free to call me as much as you like. Your happiness is my main concern!
Stop lying it doesn't pay! smiley
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Nacson(m): 9:16pm On May 21, 2023
EnemyofGod2:
There's nothing like HEAVEN OR HELLFIRE

God doesn't exist,Satan or demons doesn't exist.Jesus Christ or Angel doesn't exist, there's no verifiable concretable approvable evidence of their existence

shocked shocked shocked shocked

You believe there's juju from your village. yet, your stoning hearts still reject the existence of supreme being that reign over everything visible and invisible just because you love your sins that are many. The truths Will be done on you at death ☠️. Jesus loves you.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On May 21, 2023
Nacson:
■ You believe there's juju from your village. yet, your stoning hearts still reject the existence of supreme being that reign over everything visible and invisible just because you love your sins that are many. The truths Will be done on you at death ☠️. Jesus loves you.
Jesus Christ said His love is reserved only for those who obey His teachings and commandments though - JOhn 15 vs 9 - 11 - so, someone is definitely lying! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:36pm On May 21, 2023
Chidolalar:

I can choose NOT to want God bcuz I didn't tell him to create me. God created Adam from whom humans Descended from without his consent

So also did you create your phone without it's consent and neither have you asked it if it would choose you.

But you certainly we can see all the destruction you will rain on it, not to talk of taken it with you to your house if it rejects you.

Therefore, like your phone, you should not bother about hellfire and co after all you don't want God and hellfire is proof that God has accepted your rejection of Him and He too does not want you either.

So you can go on about your business and use your battery power until it is exhausted or you destroyed before your battery expired like a phone which falls down on the express way and whatever happens to you, happens.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by charlsecy(m): 9:39pm On May 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
That was Catholic Church's idea.
Not true.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:43pm On May 21, 2023
charlsecy:
Not true.

It is True. Catholic Church was the biggest church back then and this shit idea is not a new one, so there is no other place it could have originated from.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:58pm On May 21, 2023
Scarcity234:

And they're to be tormented forever??
Does this make God better than those he's supposedly tormenting??

Here's what I believe...
There's is God...
There's heaven..
And the punishment for those that sinned is a cessation of their existence, a return to the dust from which they were created.

What else is just is? Is The Law not good for good and torment for torment?

That is why anyone who goes to hell is a big fool for the idiot thought that since he has not been punished for his torments, he has escaped.

But o no, your punishment is waiting in front and just is must be served. You gave torments then you must get torments, You must get all that you showed.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 10:10pm On May 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

So also did you create your phone without it's consent and neither have you asked it if it would choose you.

But you certainly we can see all the destruction you will rain on it, not to talk of taken it with you to your house if it rejects you.

Therefore, like your phone, you should not bother about hellfire and co after all you don't want God and hellfire is proof that God has accepted your rejection of Him and He too does not want you either.

So you can go on about your business and use your battery power until it is exhausted or you destroyed before your battery expired like a phone which falls down on the express way and whatever happens to you, happens.

We are talking of humans here and not phone.
Is phone a living thing?
If God didn't create humans without their consent in d beginning, so how will humans create phone or other non-living things?
For d fact dat God created humans without their consent in d beginning and in d first place simple means all other things will also be created by humans without d consent of dat tin being created by humans.
So God will always be held responsible and accountable for creating humans without their consent in d beginning of when d world came into existence

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:20pm On May 21, 2023
Chidolalar:

We are talking of humans here and not phone.
Is phone a living thing?
If God didn't create humans without their consent in d beginning, so how will humans create phone or other non-living things?
For d fact dat God created humans without their consent in d beginning simple means all other things will also be created by humans with d consent of dat tin being created by humans.

We are talking of creation and whether a Creator should take the permission of his creation before creating it! That is stupidity of your statement that I am throwing into your face, for first you were created a non living thing, like your phone.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 10:25pm On May 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

We are talking of creation and whether a Creator should take the permission of his creation before creating it! That is stupidity of your statement that I am throwing into your face, for first you were created a non living thing, like your phone.

We are talking of creation of humans in d beginning and in d first place. U obviously lack understanding. Read my last reply to u and understand it very well.
Who started d creation in d first place? Is it not God?
if God didn't start d creation in d first place, so how will humans start creating thereafter?

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Simeonjoe1: 10:30pm On May 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are just counting the punishment for one of you small actions eg one adultery.

You measure it, what would the punishment be for 20 adulteries committed from your 20 years to 70 years?

And that is for adultery alone, you have not counted the other associated sins which must be there eg stealing, pride, greed etc

And for this I will need an eternity of punishment? If if I sin throughout my whole life, and I'll suffer till infinity?

What happens later at hell? Will sinners get a chance at parole or its just a monotonous suffering till?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Simeonjoe1: 10:31pm On May 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Then the question is what does death mean to God?

Answer, Eternal Fire!

Mean to you. You mean.
It's all in your head
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:33pm On May 21, 2023
Chidolalar:

We are talking of creation of humans in d beginning and in d first place....

And I am putting it to your face if you are reasonable at all that do you take permission from a thing that has not been created?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:37pm On May 21, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Mean to you. You mean.
It's all in your head

Our meaning has no value as none of us are the owners of death, therefore, we are not the determinants of it's meaning.

So, it is only God's meaning that matters and His meaning is your eternal living in His Hellfire!
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:42pm On May 21, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

And for this I will need an eternity of punishment? If if I sin throughout my whole life, and I'll suffer till infinity?

Measure the years of just this sins I have laid on you and see if the measurements of your punishments is not pursuing eternity. Not talk of adding all the other non sexual sins.

Simeonjoe1:

What happens later at hell? Will sinners get a chance at parole or its just a monotonous suffering till?

When parole is given, The Judge and Law will always declare that you have an option of parole.

And This Law did not say you have an option of parole, so, hellfire will be your permanent place of residence forever and ever and ever and ever and...
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Simeonjoe1: 10:50pm On May 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Our meaning has no value as none of us are the owners of death, so it is only God's own that has value. And the value is your living in Hellfire!

Like I said it's in your head.
Well guess it's what you've been taught from infancy, so it's seems logical to you.
Living in hell abode, the fear of your likes, reason why you opt to do good to avoid eternal condemnation grin.
You can't seem to grab that death is not enough, yeah it must be more than that, you want them to suffer while you in your heaven bask in their tears as you'll constantly get the satisfaction" I warned them ". Guess how psychotic that will have to be.
Well thank God it's all in your head

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Simeonjoe1: 10:52pm On May 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Measure the years of just this sins I have laid on you and see if the measurements of your punishments is not pursuing eternity. Not talk of adding all the other non sexual sins.

n.

80 years
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 10:53pm On May 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And I am putting it to your face if you are reasonable at all that do you take permission from a thing that has not been created?

And if u are reasonable enough u should know God made it so like that from d beginning in d first place.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:16pm On May 21, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Like I said it's in your head.
Well guess it's what you've been taught from infancy, so it's seems logical to you.

Death is like the weather outside and it will swallow us all when it comes so it is definitely not in my head and you are only talking shit because you already know that you can never qualify for the new world.

[quote author=Simeonjoe1 post=123284117]
Living in hell abode, the fear of your likes, reason why you opt to do good to avoid eternal condemnation grin.

Right now, if they are giving free tickets to Ukraine or Sudan, you would not go. You have not even travelled to sambisa, so you are talking absolute rubbish because you don't have any valid thing to say.

Simeonjoe1:

You can't seem to grab that death is not enough, yeah it must be more than that, you want them to suffer while you in your heaven bask in their tears as you'll constantly get the satisfaction" I warned them ". Guess how psychotic that will have to be.
Well thank God it's all in your head

You can't accept that death is only a door to the hell you chose. Thus, you all choose suffer in spite of the warnings and you even mocked us, so of course we have a right to enjoy your misery in hell to our satisfaction.

How crazily stupid you people are. You see fire and you choose to enter it, inspite of several warnings and yet you are complaining about that the fire is hot and that we are laughing at your stupidity as you cry in the fire. You people deserve to be burnt without further delay.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by LeyeWrites: 11:19pm On May 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What I stated is not an opinion but a scriptural fact. undecided

2. I am afraid I do not subscribe to spiritual bullsheet so your kind of maturity is meaningless to me.

3. This has nothing to do with believing anything I have been told but simply understanding that it is necessary to respect context when dealing with ideas, even that which is sin, undecided
It's your opinion. Not a spiritual fact.

Have a nice night.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:20pm On May 21, 2023
Chidolalar:

And if u are reasonable enough u should know God made it so like that from d beginning in d first place.

And if you were reasonable enough you would know that this is a change of post for no one asked whether "God made it so" but whether anybody anywhere can take permission from a thing has not yet been created, which you stupidly asked for.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On May 21, 2023
LeyeWrites:
■ It's your opinion. Not a spiritual fact. Have a nice night.
What in the world is "spiritual fact" abeg? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Kinds Of People In The Church / Why I Quit Being A Muslim / Islam Not Christianity Was The First Perpetrator Of Black Africa Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.