Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? (5130 Views)

The Only Antidote For Sin / Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Divoc19(f): 10:21am On May 21, 2023
No hell fire. Karma is real
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Tayorshd87: 10:29am On May 21, 2023
truthCoder:
No. Hellfire is not enough.

That is why there is a place called Nigeria.

Nigeria is the advanced form of hellfire.

Only the small sinners go to hellfire. The real crooks are born in Nigeria.

I dey tell you grin
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Simeonjoe1: 10:30am On May 21, 2023
TenQ:

1. Hell was not made to be a deterrent for sin, it was made as a place to put creatures who are useless to God and his Will.
2. It is erroneous to think that the devil and his Angels torment people in hell: hell is also a torment for them. Everyone in hell is suffering his wages

But but the wages of sin is death
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Simeonjoe1: 10:31am On May 21, 2023
flexyrule:

No God... The clouds, the ground you walk upon and the air you breathe just appeared from nowhere right?

No worry.

Soon, your eye go clear.

Imaginary threat ba... Issokay.

Gospel of threat. Nobody preaches hell again these days.

My friend would say, it's better she believe in hell, and discover that hell doesn't exist after death, at that point, she has nothing to lose. Than for her to assume that there's no hell, then die, only to discover that hell actually exsist.

It's all still in fear.
Fear that they've instill in you from childhood till now.

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Jokerman(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2023
Ola4lead:
How will God put devil to oversee hell when devil himself is a sinner

How will one sinner be punishing another sinner ? Please explain cos the story never clear

Cos that is all we call injustice

Where is it written that Devil will be punishing sinners, in the Bible?

Stop reading fake stories
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Simeonjoe1: 10:36am On May 21, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Hell is enough deterrent for sin, because after death,there is no repentance or mercy or forgiveness of sin in the grave.
Hell was originally made for Satan and his demons,but he has vehemently vowed to drag as many souls as possible to share the flames of eternal damnation with him.
Lucifer is very wicked,so much that he would prefer nobody made Heaven,but he's a realist.
He knows some will make Heaven,but he's relentlessly fighting to get the greatest majority to Hell. He's throwing in a very wide array of weapons in bringing millions to eternal damnation.
Being the god of this world,Satan uses mind control to induce humans to focus on self and satisfying the desires of the flesh, programs evil desires and the urge to execute them.
He has great influence over humans when they are far from God, and do things, believing in their self sufficiency, without bringing God into the picture.
Hell is deterrent for sin, because eternity there is unimaginable.

So if I live for 80yrs and do some bad once in a while, let's say adultery, subtle lie and the likes, then I'm entitled to eternal condemnation in hell? Like my sufferness even pass my life span?

Even human judge no go sentence you to life in prison if you steal 10M,
which can punishment is that? Even you will complain if a punishment is to harsh,
The concept of hell is a whole lie, distorted and meant to discredit the personality of God.

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Templee333(m): 10:37am On May 21, 2023
Jesus and the bible people didn't live in this world, it was another "earth". This present world we are living is the hell fire of the bible. Many years back you lived a wicked life in a better world until you died there,then you were sent to this present earth (hell) to be tormented. Why do new born babies cry ones they land in this earth? Because they've come to hell where there is "weeping and gnashing of teeth".
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Templee333(m): 10:39am On May 21, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

So if I live for 80yrs and do some bad once in a while, let's say adultery, subtle lie and the likes, then I'm entitled to eternal condemnation in hell? Like my sufferness even pass my life span?

which can punishment is that? Even you will complain if a punishment is to harsh,
The concept of hell is a whole lie, distorted and meant to discredit the personality of God.
Something makes me think you are a JW
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Ola4lead(m): 10:50am On May 21, 2023
Jokerman:

Where is it written that Devil will be punishing sinners, in the Bible?

Stop reading fake stories

Now tell me who will punish the sinner and how the hell is related to the devil ?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Jokerman(m): 10:56am On May 21, 2023
Ola4lead:

Now tell me who will punish the sinner and how the hell is related to the devil ?

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Devil will be tormented in Hell 🔥 itself.. bring in hell fire is punishment for those that will be cast there...

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Quinns: 10:58am On May 21, 2023
Lem ask from an outsider looking in, let's say there's no Jesus no demons, Heaven or Hell.

But pple still consult native Doctors for
evil
doings against another person and such works. Where do these evil men get such powers to take a life spiritual if the devil doesn't exist

EnemyofGod2:
There's nothing like HEAVEN OR HELLFIRE

God doesn't exist,Satan or demons doesn't exist.Jesus Christ or Angel doesn't exist, there's no verifiable concretable approvable evidence of their existence

shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by isabi2lof: 10:59am On May 21, 2023
Abeg o Nigeria is enough grin
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by TenQ: 11:04am On May 21, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

But but the wages of sin is death
But there are three kinds of death
1. Physical Death
2. Spiritual Death
3. Second Death

Death is a Disconnection between entities.

Second Death is the eternal DISCONNECTION between God and the person in the prison of the rejected called the Lake of fire
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by IAMBOSS1990: 11:10am On May 21, 2023
Hell is very real, the fact that you don't believe that it does, changes nothing. The Devil and his agents are there but they aren't been tormented yet but humans who die in their sins are suffering there right now.

Any sin can take you to hell, be it pride, anger, murder, fornication, telling lies etc. there's nothing like big or small sin.

The good news is that no matter your sin, God is always there to forgive you so long as you confess that sin before him and ask for his forgiveness. Constant repentance is the key.

No matter what you do, don't run from God, RUN TO GOD.

I cover this comment with the blood of Jesus. Amen.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Psalmistproject: 11:22am On May 21, 2023
For me hell is not enough.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dollywood(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2023
hopexter:

It’s always good to live a good life just in case there’s hellfire smiley

You're a dunce if you think people who don't believe in hellfire and other mythological threats are bad people who use that as an excuse to commit crimes.

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Dollywood(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2023
pol23:
That concept of heaven and hell seems fishy to me.
Have you wonder why God and Government have the same rules.
It seems more like a government apparatus .
If we can’t get you to fear the police and prison, maybe Satan and Hell will work the magic.
Guess what, it’s working pretty fine even me wey they form hard guy sometimes get controlled by this mechanism.
Yoruba religion have no hell.
I believe religion is just kind of a mechanism to stop human from hurting humans…. I might be wrong though, but that’s my thought.

You're not far from the truth.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Scarcity234: 11:34am On May 21, 2023
TenQ:

1. Hell was not made to be a deterrent for sin, it was made as a place to put creatures who are useless to God and his Will.
2. It is erroneous to think that the devil and his Angels torment people in hell: hell is also a torment for them. Everyone in hell is suffering his wages
And they're to be tormented forever??
Does this make God better than those he's supposedly tormenting??

Here's what I believe...
There's is God...
There's heaven..
And the punishment for those that sinned is a cessation of their existence, a return to the dust from which they were created.

2 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by leofab(f): 11:35am On May 21, 2023
Izi91:

Like seriously? Are you no God? Then who created man?
so who created god?

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Image123(m): 11:36am On May 21, 2023
LoLz, it's not a deterrent but consequence.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:46am On May 21, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Mr, believe whatever you will.Your opinion means nothing to me.Thank you.
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by TenQ: 12:29pm On May 21, 2023
Scarcity234:

And they're to be tormented forever??
Does this make God better than those he's supposedly tormenting??

Here's what I believe...
There's is God...
There's heaven..
And the punishment for those that sinned is a cessation of their existence, a return to the dust from which they were created.
LOL!
Tell me!

Have you ever disinfected you toilet?
If Yes!

Are you confirming that you are a genocidal mass murderer?
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by hopexter(m): 12:48pm On May 21, 2023
Dollywood:

You're a dunce if you think people who don't believe in hellfire and other mythological threats are bad people who use that as an excuse to commit crimes.

English is you problem,thief!
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by hopexter(m): 12:48pm On May 21, 2023
EnemyofGod2:

There's nothing like just in case, believe me, there's nothing like heaven or hellfire.hellfire is just a human imagination. cool cool cool cool cool

Ok
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by KNOWMORE56: 1:25pm On May 21, 2023
paxonel:
Why do people will rather choose not to be sinful, is it because of the fear of hell fire or because of the fear of the immediate or later consequences?

I know that everyone make mistakes in life, but what kind of mistake do attract hellfire punishment?

Is hellfire enough deterrent for any sin all?
Has anyone had the misfortune to go to hellfire and was back to life, what was your experience?

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Is the devil and his angels tormenting people in hellfire enough deterrent for sin?

When we talk about hellfire, it's more like weather forecast:

raining season had just begun:
"people living around riverine areas should relocate, because there shall be flood...". Forecasters giving warnings

When we talk about hellfire, it's more like weather forecast;
it is not to instigate/instill fears on sinners...
but to create awareness
and let those who love themselves do the needful!

*. 2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

Repentance and faith in Jesus' death, burial and resurrection is the only antidote for sin...
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Scarcity234: 1:34pm On May 21, 2023
TenQ:

LOL!
Tell me!

If Yes!

Yes...

No...
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 2:07pm On May 21, 2023
So if i live upright and don't believe in God, den I will go to hell fire bcuz I don't believe in God. but someone dat has killed and committed all sorts of evil will go to heaven just bcuz he repented and asked for forgiveness from God
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Odebayo4010(m): 2:19pm On May 21, 2023
EnemyofGod2:
There's nothing like HEAVEN OR HELLFIRE

God doesn't exist,Satan or demons doesn't exist.Jesus Christ or Angel doesn't exist, there's no verifiable concretable approvable evidence of their existence

shocked shocked shocked shocked

You believe or not doesn't make the word of God Vanity,
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Chidolalar: 2:21pm On May 21, 2023
IAMBOSS1990:
Hell is very real, the fact that you don't believe that it does, changes nothing. The Devil and his agents are there but they aren't been tormented yet but humans who die in their sins are suffering there right now.

Any sin can take you to hell, be it pride, anger, murder, fornication, telling lies etc. there's nothing like big or small sin.

The good news is that no matter your sin, God is always there to forgive you so long as you confess that sin before him and ask for his forgiveness. Constant repentance is the key.

No matter what you do, don't run from God, RUN TO GOD.

I cover this comment with the blood of Jesus. Amen.

So if I live upright and don't believe in God, den I will go to hell fire. But someone dat has killed thousands of pple and committed all sorts of evils will go to heaven bcuz he repented and ask for forgiveness from God?
Does that makes sense to u?
Religious belief is NOT credible at all
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:30pm On May 21, 2023
Templee333:

Something makes me think you are a JW
And you want to answer questions in behalf of JWs shey?
Did JWs have interest in politics to the point of opening several threads on politics?
When i told you that you know nothing about JWs you will start telling stories of how you attend meetings but yet you don't know what JWs believe otherwise this person has interest in politics something JW abhor! smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by TenQ: 2:35pm On May 21, 2023
Scarcity234:

Yes...

No...
Why not?

You are murdering innocent bacteria for doing nothing other than feeding on faecal wasted in your toilet. You are being genocidal because you are of different class!

Why are you not a murderer and genocidal human being?

Hell is a place where those who reject God and His rule are isolated!
Re: Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? by Templee333(m): 2:48pm On May 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

And you want to answer questions in behalf of JWs shey?
Did JWs have interest in politics to the point of opening several threads on politics?
When i told you that you know nothing about JWs you will start telling stories of how you attend meetings but yet you don't know what JWs believe otherwise this person has interest in politics something JW abhor! smiley
Please sir, i'm very sorry, i have no intention of starting any argument with you today. I hope you had a nice day at meeting and field service.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Jesus Lied :'( / Meet 41 New Christians That Converted To Islam In Month of June From One Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.