Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland (15487 Views)

My Date With Nairaland Babe At Shoprite Today With PICTURE / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by italkalot: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2011
Where do I start? Well just got to Nigeria a few weeks ago. I have been anxious to settle in my country and see old friends.

Now on Nairaland. I have been reading posts here for a few months now and I have noticed a disturbing trend. How many times have I seen an interesting post, clicked on it, read it, scrolled down and then follows insults and rebukes. Nairaland is a lovely forum, with nigerianess to its core, so why can’t people contribute to a topic intelligently. Almost all posts, you see people going off topic, insulting one another or even worse the poster. I can imagine what our senate house would look like, probably like that; people come together and just argue without thinking logically or contributing meaningfully. Hmm, maybe part of Nigeria’s problems. It is annoying as some people come here for advice, yet people just bash and bash. If you don’t like the topic, move on, instead of passing irrelevant comments. In forums of other countries, you could actual get banned for that. You are immediately called a TROLL and warned. Ever searched for information on a forum here on Nairaland? Think you’ve found it, opened the topic, 3-4 posts on subject and rest just errant nonsense?
Hah, my lovely country…

On Nigerian girls. First thing is I am a guy who likes to go out, so first week back, i started visiting cinemas and bars. Met a couple of people. Decided to take some girls out - nothing serious or romantic, just company and fun. However I was immediately struck by how “money –conscious” these girls were. Most will blatantly tell you buy me this, buy me that. At first didn’t look too much into it, what’s wrong with buying a girl things? We make money so we take care of people around us, right? But after a while I noticed, it was just incessant. That began to put me off. Stopped talking to two girls cus of this.

One girl’s case made me write this post.  Met her not too long ago. For the first outing, told her to meet up at ozone, just to chill and watch a movie. Agreed on a time and she was almost 2 hrs late. I really hate late ppl, but I kept quiet.  Got in, film hadn’t stated so I was like lets a grab a bite. Wasn’t surprised when she ordered like she hadn’t eaten for two days. End of story, movie, another bite, talked, then dropped her at a junction and was off.  The next one was the clinger. That day wanted to watch a movie at again, she called and I told her I will be there. Fixed a time; but this time I warned not to be late. Got there, she was nowhere, not picking her phone. I just bought my ticket, went off to watch my movie. 30 mins into d movie she was calling. Told her to get a ticket and come in. Yes not “gentlemanly” but hey I never said I was one and I categorically say I hate late people. Not emotional so no qualms if she is outside. She called again; I put my phone on silent and continued watching the movie. Movie over, I met her outside, then she started making noise, why didn’t I wait for her? – You were late. Why didn’t I pick my phone? - I was watching a movie. Why didn’t I buy her ticket? – Can’t you buy your own ticket?  Next thing I knew she was asking for refund for the ticket she bought (she allegedly entered and didn’t find me). I was so disgusted  shocked  . I mean how can someone even behave like that. Where is female dignity? Must a girl put a price on her head? I mean that shows shallowness and no self-respect. Or did she thing I was one mugu? Big mistake. If I’m having fun and i don’t mean sex, it doesn’t matter how much I spend. Heck, even my guys all know me; I can take them all out, as long as they are not boring. I like jovial company. My problem is that this few girls I’ve met, just seem so materialistic. I have met all kinds of girls – black (abroad), white, Asian, they don’t behave like this.

In fact they are more likely to go out with a fun average guy than with one who is boring and rich. Yeah I know, the rich guys still get girls around them just for the money, but still girls prefer interesting guys and vice versa. How many times abroad did a girl offer to buy stuff food, rent, clothes and I refused – you know trying to be macho  grin grin grin . So confused in Nigeria, I even went and asked advice from my old friends. Maybe you guys can confirm what they told me.
-You have to spend money on a girl when you take her out, never happens she spends her own money.
-You have to give her money for transport back home.
-To get her to be your gf, blackberries, Brazilian hair are essentials etc. The list is endless.

My, do you feel like a human being if someone just buys everything for u? Are you just a toy that is bought and fed and does the owners’ bidding? Don't you one day want to be a big madam or open a business? Are you waiting your whole life for guys to give you? Black girls i knew abroad were enterprising and smart, so i am sure the ones here are too. I am used to girls who want to pick the tab, and I tell them don’t worry, I’ll pay. You know, you get a sense of class in the girl.

Maybe I am mad or different, but I like independent girls. My last two gf’s were def like that, wanted to be somebody one day.  We would support each other. That way we both grew.

And to those who will say, don’t you want to just have sex, well yh I like sex, but will always pick a smart, intellectual girl over one that just requires buying stuff. Girls that are boring, cant stimulate my mind, don’t excite me. Now the one who is a challenge and tries to outsmart me, now she’s interesting.
As I said maybe I mad or different, but this whole “money money attitude” displays psychological poverty and low self-worth. Plainly your value shouldn’t be measured in naira…, or dollars.  grin

P.S. I KNOW ALL NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE NOT LIKE THAT, JUST THE FEW ONES I MET.

Its a long post so BIG thanks [/b]if you read this far  smiley

[b]Awaiting the customary nairaland bashers/haters/ insults/rebukes. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by MrsChima1(f): 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2011
Poor thing.
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
Wifey, summarize it for me. cool
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by MrsChima1(f): 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2011
rokiatu:

You are so cruel. cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by dealordea(m): 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
Hmmm, Didn't even bother to read it but i miss you my bro, MOBO444, The nairaland Revolutionist!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by claremont(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2011
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You are so cruel. cry cry cry cry
Hmm ok let it be. If reading it was so hard for you, I don't wanna know what the story is about. grin
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by italkalot: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2011
@rokiatu, just read d last 2 paragraphs.
and i def didnt get d wifey part, is that supposed to be funny? or wat?
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by dealordea(m): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
italkalot:

@rokiatu, just read d last 2 paragraphs.
and i def didnt get d wifey part, is that supposed to be funny? or wat?

You want attention abi Rokiatu, Give it to him, wink wink wink
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by seun0622(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2011
@ poster

You said it all, Couldn't have been more well said !
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by MrsChima1(f): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2011
rokiatu:

Hmm ok let it be. If reading it was so hard for you, I don't wanna know what the story is about. grin

Reading it wasn't the issue and what I have gathered it is about Nigerian girls.
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by LongOne1(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2011
Some good points in there no doubt. A rather befitting nairaland ID I must say . . . suits you just fine (you really talk a lot).
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Tosinville(m): 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2011
Too long Man
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by MrCork17: 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2011
italkalot. bro did they reject you? undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2011

Roki, When you are done, pls pass the summary! cool
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by MrCork17: 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2011
sexkillz. Bro what does it feels like being the only Gayy Albino from Kano State? I mean this in a good way! angry
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
OP thats the typical nigerian woman for you grin grin grin grin grin.Anyway i have already upgraded dating a white girl so no naija babe wahala for me oo grin.
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by MrsChima1(f): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
lefulefu:

OP thats the typical nigerian woman for you grin grin grin grin grin.Anyway i have already upgraded dating a white girl so no naija babe wahala for me oo grin.

Good. No one wants nor miss you.
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by MrCork17: 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2011
Mrs, Chima probably thinks Nigeria is near Africa. She aint even Naija (no Oofeinse) wink
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by dealordea(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Good.  No one wants nor miss you.  

Seems like guys have level up, Am sure Lefulefu won't miss this naija babies!!! most especially you Mrs. Chima
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by brixton: 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2011
Poster is on point about Nigerian chicks @ homeland, U ve to get pocket filled b4 going home cos no money no kpekus! shikena!!!
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Good. No one wants nor miss you.
Girl i have already upgraded so who cares if they miss me or not grin
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2011
brixton:

Poster is on point about Nigerian chicks @ homeland, U ve to get pocket filled b4 going home cos no money no kpekus! shikena!!!
The guys i really feel sorry for are the ones who go back home to marry.God forbid say i come put ashawo for house as a wife.
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by MrsChima1(f): 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
lefulefu:

Girl i have already upgraded so who cares if they miss me or not grin

Uhmm.  Let me explain the definition of "upgrade".  When you upgrade, you move up to better quality and elegance.  So far I have read trash, lice, and Downs Syndrome from you.  

deal_ordea:

Seems like guys have level up,  Am sure Lefulefu won't miss this naija babies!!! most especially you Mrs. Chima

You are so funny!!   grin grin grin grin grin grin   Not!
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2011
The dating scene in Nigeria is a different case entirely grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2011
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by MrsChima1(f): 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2011
sexkillz:

(slaps your face and running off thread)
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2011
There's a lot of truth in what the OP said but I must say there are still independent girls in naija,we all talk about how demanding the girls are but don't realize that some guys demand from ladies too,I know cos it happened to me.
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Cuddlemii: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2011
freecocoa:

There's a lot of truth in what the OP said but I must say there are still independent girls in naija,we all talk about how demanding the girls are but don't realize that some guys demand from ladies too,I know cos it happened to me.

Is this thread about women and funds again? Oh Jesus!!!  I won't bother reading, now that I know the subject matter. That's the problem with Nigeria, its always what was? What is? How about what is going to be or how to succeed! What would it take us to be a little bit positive on here. No lady comes up with threads to discredit the men here. Restrict your findings to the ladies who showed you hell and not ladies in the homeland or farmland or nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2011
Indenpendent naija babes indeed grin grin.I laugh in hausa grin grin.
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by MrCork17: 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2011
Cuddlemii. I aggree. they need to respect all Niaraland chicks! undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls… And The Problem With Nairaland by Nayah(f): 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
I definetely agree with Cuddlemi and I say hello to you wink , I don't really get what the meaning of all these "Nigerian females, this, Nigerian women that" I mean they have their behaviour but they're not the worst on Earth! I know you love your sisters and you want them to be "perfect" but you have to accept the fact they will never be!

Plus try to communicate with them instead of bashing them, you'll see lessons will be learnt sooner than you think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ok / The Worst Statement You Ever Heard. / Six Girl's Priorities In A Guy,yes Or No?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.