Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week (56886 Views)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours / Victor Nwosu Fined Β£45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 8:45am On May 24, 2023
zikter:
Correctly said, the place is most likely a one man show or without structure. Where I work, for you to sack someone takes a whole lot processes, query, first warning, second warning before sack is considered. Her attitude was bad but she was sacked in a wrong manner

Exactly πŸ’―
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 8:46am On May 24, 2023
Akpacha:
Oga, She came late for the interview because she does not trust de job and after the interview, it was confirmed to her what she felt about the job, she knew she can't do such a job. I know say na one small money u tell her to say u go pay her as salary* we could see u are not bold to say her salary here.

🀣🀣🀣
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 9:14am On May 24, 2023
bluefilm:

You experienced it with one lady.

You concluded that many are not ready.

Are you sure you're normal?

No mind am.

He's just displaying his ignorance in full glare.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 9:20am On May 24, 2023
bikefab:
You hired a slay queens who simply wanted to fill in time with some kind of regular work.

🀣🀣🀣
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 9:26am On May 24, 2023
BreconHills:

It doesn't matter how many days she worked - the company and herself are bound by the letter of employment and the company handbook. She is still under probation so maybe she can be dismissed summarily but op should ensure he follows the process.

There are crazy people out there who don't have shame and will take employers to court on the flimsiest of reasons. Their plan isn't to win, just self publicity and hostage taking. After 5 adjournments and a couple of missed meetings op will realize the wisdom in what I have said. She has nothing to lose save for a barter deal with an amorous lawyer. smiley

πŸ‘

One of the Machiavellian principles of life:

Don't engage in a fight with someone that has nothing to lose, when you've got a lot at stake.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 9:28am On May 24, 2023
EzekielAkins:

Alot of us are ready for work...
But the annoying thing is, employers end up giving the those who are not really the job!

Went for an interview n did well..
Only for you to employ almost all the ladies who came for the interview and dropped the guys!!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

They will tell you that it's to balance the gender equation.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 9:30am On May 24, 2023
kernniejay:

At the end, she eventually appeared that way, hope you understand?

He's not a good judge of character.

Always taking everything at face value.

He should work on himself in that aspect.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 9:40am On May 24, 2023
JackHamma1234:
Oga abi madam there are lot to your story that is incomplete. This HR fire syndrome is just thei god-comolex of Nigerian enterprenurs and HR. You lot feel so superior just by virtue of your position only because Labour laws in Nigeria do not exist.

1. You employed a person to start work in lekki but lives in ojo to be paid same salary as someone who lives in lekki.

2. You have the most unrealistic resumption times junior staff, cleaners and security - 4am to 5am, jnr management staff 6am to 7am, snr management staff and HR "early but not later than 9am" yet na only the latter get official car and driver.

3. You pay peanuts but new staff must wear quality clothes, hair dos, look well feed but na HR and snr mgt dey gather all bonuses.

4. Everyone gets a query except snr mgt even when they have so much sexual and verbally abuse those under them.

5. Una no dey ever Sabi HR or labour laws, how is it that probation na 2yrs, you employed and want them to start immediately and forget they need a period of notice, but the same person wants to leave during his probation period you mandate them 1 months notice.

Tell us all the details stop making it look like your employment is special. Is there. Staff bus? Even those using staff bus come late to work let alone those who enter multiple buses.

Apt. πŸ‘
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 9:43am On May 24, 2023
LordSkyy:

You were right to fire her. She's unserious.
But how many of 'alot of people looking for work' do you know? No dey use one unserious girl dey judge 'alot of people looking for work'.

Exactly! πŸ‘Œ
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 9:54am On May 24, 2023
nikkijohn97:
She's not serious. Me wey dey find work like this. As a graduate it's not easy

Please I am React Developer and I'm looking for a job please help me. Any personal project or recommending for a job I will forever be grateful.
My stacks are, React, Node Js, Mongo DB, Express Js.
My number and whatsapp: 07064731533

LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor are available at your disposal.

You can also showcase your work via Twitter and/or Facebook Business.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EzekielAkins: 6:05am On Jul 10, 2023
Karlifate:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

They will tell you that it's to balance the gender equation.

Very nonsense people
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Karlifate: 9:00am On Jul 10, 2023
EzekielAkins:

Very nonsense people

grin grin πŸ’”
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Stevedison(m): 7:33am On Jul 11, 2023
[quote author=EmekaStanley post=123301673]I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naΓ―ve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

Please I am looking for an employment. Should I send my cv?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees) / Lets Discus Payrolls In Nigeria. What Is Your Monthly Salary? / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.