Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week (56887 Views)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by madmelon: 8:20am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES

From experience the staffs living far from work place are always prompt at work

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by MissJoy29(f): 8:21am On May 23, 2023
zikter:
not this type of offence. And there is nothing like lie about what I said. Each employee has a handbook and company policy where procedures are clearly spelt out including separate chapters on disciplinary measures. The company knows too well they have to follow those steps religiously to avoid legal fireworks.
I had even removed the LIE part before I saw your reply.

But yes, I don't know of any office that will issue warnings & queries even with this offense when it's just the first week of resumption & where, unfortunately, the boss is always around and sees it.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by brimdans(m): 8:22am On May 23, 2023
Well Mr OP, lemme come from another angle, I got a job and I left within one month.

Firstly, I was already working elsewhere earning 50k monthly, but it was a temporary kind of job. So I needed something permanent and more.

So when I went to office, the said my salary is 45k, but I can be working from home, if I so desire. But that they will slash the salary to 27k, I refused and and it was too small. We now renegotiated to 35k, right there and then I said I won't leave that my job that was paying me more.

Fast forward, I was devoting more time to my former work, because there's wasn't even structured, when time for salary came I saw 16k instead of 35k that we agreed.

Omo my mind comot completely from the job, so the day I went for my resignation, them too that my services are no longer required. Na so I continued that my former job my thing.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 8:22am On May 23, 2023
madmelon:

From experience the staffs living far from work place are always prompt at work
Absolutely.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Tijani009: 8:27am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES
Good morning boss pls i am in serious need of a job, HND business administration, please contact me if you have any 0*8*1*6*5*8*4*2210
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Lvgirl: 8:28am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

Did you notice her dressing ? She is not there to work. She is there to become Oga girlfriend.
There are several of them.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by MissJoy29(f): 8:28am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
The pay was reasonable but it doesn't matter.

Don't take a job you won't be committed to no matter the pay
Exactly!

We lack a lot of virtues in this country.
No one forced you to taks up the job. If the pay isn't good for you & you don't like the terms & conditions of service, don't accept in the first place or leave when you are tired. But don't misbehave because you want to drive home a point that is not in your place to. I have rejected job offers before. But accepting & then start complaining immediately & acting up shows I'm very irresponsible, childish & even senseless.

We still have a long way to go in this nation. Our mentality is so warped.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ekitimanalways(m): 8:31am On May 23, 2023
okpas01:
In developed countries people go to work for over 2hours late? People sleep on duty? People take a whole one hour just to take a call that's not relevant to their jobs? Sometimes we feel woke and imagine whatever we want to imagine about these so called developed countries.
Please give us (curious Nairalanders) the list of such developed countries where people go to work late persistently, sleep on duty, take calls not relevant to their jobs for one hour, etc., and not get fired. What a sarcastic comment!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Chimasoka: 8:53am On May 23, 2023
Impregnate Two Sisters at The Same Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAXtOS_AB3c
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by luvyaself95(m): 8:58am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Well, when I warned her the second day, she started forming sad. I knew she needed the job because she tried so much to sell herself
she fit don hit one maga wey dey don send her money so she felt she doesn't need the work.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by afariogunone1(f): 9:04am On May 23, 2023
nikkijohn97:
She's not serious. Me wey dey find work like this. As a graduate it's not easy

Please I am React Developer and I'm looking for a job please help me. Any personal project or recommending for a job I will forever be grateful.
My stacks are, React, Node Js, Mongo DB, Express Js.
My number and whatsapp: 07064731533

What do you mean by you don't have a job
Your signature says it all
You be native doctor bro
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:22am On May 23, 2023
We4all:
She knew the work wasn't a serious one and did all that on purpose because she wanted to get sacked.

I once grudgingly went for an interview and was asked to sell myself. I bluntly told the interviewer that I had nothing to say.

If the person that recommended me had insisted and I had gotten the job, I could have acted like the lady in question just to get sacked.

grin grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by MrSly(m): 9:49am On May 23, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.
Sue him under which condition? Or you thought his action was not based on existing condition of service. This is not about developed world, we are talking about breach of contract.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ISellBeer: 9:58am On May 23, 2023
OP na olosho you go employ
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by yankison(m): 10:07am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I was shocked that this lady could even place head on her desk while sleeping when I am around.

Normally n an office setting, when you are feeling sleepy, you stand up and walk around. This one, She just put her head down and started sleeping.
[img][/img]

Please how can I apply for the same position . I'm in dere need of a job ..public administration
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Omobada(m): 10:22am On May 23, 2023
We4all:
She knew the work wasn't a serious one and did all that on purpose because she wanted to get sacked.

I once grudgingly went for an interview and was asked to sell myself. I bluntly told the interviewer that I had nothing to say.

If the person that recommended me had insisted and I had gotten the job, I could have acted like the lady in question just to get sacked.

So, to your judgement, it's better to get sacked than resigning honourably right?
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by DrDunamis(m): 10:29am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

Excellent write up, but it doesn't show any attempts you made as an employer of labour to diagnose the cause of the ladies work troubles and just straight to relieving her of her job. If you had started with giving her the benefit of the doubt, then I guess you owed yourself the responsibility of finding why she was that way.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by EmekaStanley: 10:34am On May 23, 2023
DrDunamis:

Excellent write up, but it doesn't show any attempts you made as an employer of labour to diagnose the cause of the ladies work troubles and just straight to relieving her of her job. If you had started with giving her the benefit of the doubt, then I guess you owed yourself the responsibility of finding why she was that way.
Well I did. I think lack of discipline. I also noticed.

This lady called me around 1.00am on Thursday last week for reason I don't know.

It was even my wife that picked and told me she called , and there was music noise in the background like she was in a club.

Next day Friday, she resumed 10.55am

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by muzzol: 11:02am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I was shocked that this lady could even place head on her desk while sleeping when I am around.

Normally n an office setting, when you are feeling sleepy, you stand up and walk around. This one, She just put her head down and started sleeping.

[color=#000099][/color]Modern day office settings recognize the human side of their workers and make provisions for short rests.....sometimes, stress at work may demand you have a bit of rest (sleep in some cases), you can simply walk up to the provided spaces, take a cup of coffee and have like 15 minutes nap.....the key element nowadays is meeting your daily deliverables and targets (reason why working remotely is allowed in many instances)
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Emeka71(m): 11:11am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I warned her after her interview lateness. I told her it was a big red flag, and she told me it won't happen again.
But did.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by qtx(m): 11:12am On May 23, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.
Which developed world are you even referring to? Which company in a so-called developed world will have a staff come in almost 3 hours late perpetually, take calls while on duty for an hour and so on? Look i have been privileged to work with one or two developed world companies, they dont take such bro. Are you aware some organisations in such countries dont even allow you access to your phone while at work? Those people a minute of their time for your work cant be used for any other thing. Those companies would fire her even faster than this employer did. No serious org tolerate such indicipline
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by BTCog: 11:22am On May 23, 2023
Or11:
Which developed world are you talking about that doesn't sack for incompetence? Within your probation period, any of the two parties can terminate the appointment.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by DrDunamis(m): 11:33am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:

This lady called me around 1.00am on Thursday last week for reason I don't know.

It was even my wife that picked and told me she called , and there was music noise in the background like she was in a club.

You role in this young ladies life might just be beyond rendering just employment.
Seems like you're the HR of your company but if you're not get counselling for her.There is no greater joy than the one you get from impacting others.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by rukyboy(m): 12:29pm On May 23, 2023
Gen Zs
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by GoodCane: 1:08pm On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:

Dude, I just told you "na you go carry olosho put for office". The girl is a hookup babe. She took you for one of her clients and customers.

It's a good thing you chased her out. Let her resume her hookup in the hotels and clubs else you'll eventually chop her pussy and then cash out from you which is her mission
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by GoodCane: 1:17pm On May 23, 2023
DrDunamis:

You role in this young ladies life might just be beyond rendering just employment.
Seems like you're the HR of your company but if you're not get counselling for her.There is no greater joy than the one you get from impacting others.

Comment like this gets me angry. Like dude are you stu.pid or what? Why should the OP counsel her? You smoke? Is the op her father?
what is wrong with you SIMPs? The olosho has shown clearly that she's not interested in the work and you're here preaching and yarning dust. Dude, the olosho took the OP as one of her clients and customers in clubs and hotels hence the reason for her nonchalant attitudes. Na your types dey chop their female workers. If you keep simping like a pussy ass niggar that you are, that girl will end up eventually manipulating you. You won't only sleep with her, she'll cash out massively from you.

Oga EmekaStanley , in all you do, avoid Simps and e-diots like this guy. They'll lead you astray and try to make you become a simp like them. It is not your duty to counsel her. Let her go and meet her father and mother to counsel her. You're looking for a serious worker, not an olosho! Advise the olosho to go to hotels and clubs and resume her hookup there. Na you go carry olosho put for office. she belongs to the streets.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by GoodCane: 1:23pm On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
Well, when I warned her the second day, she started forming sad. I knew she needed the job because she tried so much to sell herself

The werey came to look for clients and customers thinking probably You're one. Na runz girl she be!
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by GoodCane: 1:27pm On May 23, 2023
victorazy:

What's this one saying? sad
So she doesn't owe the office any obligation?
Some offices they don't even allow u use cell phone not to talk about wasting their precious 1hr.

Is her resumption time not 8am? Don't you know he can be sue for that too?

Must u comment?
Plz give ur mother back her phone.

So you have sense like this? I thought you're a SIMP and will probably support the girl's action. Because Simps like you are terrible.

It's a good thing you've decided to swallow the redpill. That's very good. Keep it up and Simp no more! I'll urge other Simps to follow suit ASAP
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by NEUDUDE: 1:52pm On May 23, 2023
You live people that are ready to work, carry work give olosho wey get big nyash. What did you expect would be the outcome. Runs girl believe seduction can cure every mans problem lol, prolly had all night with a customer lol grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by mediclife1987(m): 1:54pm On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:
The pay was reasonable but it doesn't matter.

Don't take a job you won't be committed to no matter the pay

How much was it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees) / Lets Discus Payrolls In Nigeria. What Is Your Monthly Salary? / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.